Xtra News Community 2
March 29, 2024, 07:07:54 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to Xtra News Community 2 — please also join our XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP.

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links BITEBACK! XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP Staff List Login Register  

Cat Show

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Cat Show  (Read 612 times)
Alicat
« on: April 04, 2009, 05:46:10 pm »

My 10 month old Chocolate Burmese, Bailey was in the Dominion Short Haired Cat Show today. She did very well. There are 3 Rings - meaning 3 different Judges. The kittens/cats are judged separately by 3 Judges.

Bailey won:-

Ring 1
Best of Breed
Best Colour

Ring 2
Best of Breed
Best Colour

Ring 3
Best of Breed
Best Colour

Best Junior Cat in Show

plus 3 Challenge Certificates

All 3 Judges used the words excellent, perfect and lovely when describing each point that mattered. My Breeder had a 7 month old Tortie Burmese Girl and a 2 year old Lilac Tortie Burmese Lady entered. They both did as well as Bailey.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2009, 07:22:10 pm by Alicat » Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

TokGal
Shit-Hot Member

« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2009, 06:01:10 pm »

Wow! Congratualations!

And did she behave like a tart?
Report Spam   Logged
Magoo
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2009, 06:25:08 pm »

Well done Bailey .  My daughter has a chocolate Burma and she is such a sweet furchild.
Report Spam   Logged
Alicat
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2009, 06:38:59 pm »

Wow! Congratualations!

And did she behave like a tart?

No Tart behaviour at all - she was a very good little girl. There were a couple of furbabies who growled and spat at the Judges. Bailey was on her best behaviour but also went on the charm offensive
Report Spam   Logged
Shef
Senator
Shit-Hot Member

« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2009, 07:45:29 pm »

Well done Ali - you must be so proud .
Report Spam   Logged

Success is getting what you want. Happiness is wanting what you get.
Alicat
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2009, 07:53:17 pm »

Well done Ali - you must be so proud .

Very very proud, but then even if she hadn't scooped the pool I would have been proud. Seeing the huge smiles on her Breeder's face was worth even second. Margaret is a lovely lady and a great Breeder. She hadn't seen Bailey for about 5 months and was delighted with what she saw.
Report Spam   Logged
dragontamer
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2009, 08:10:26 pm »

Her Auntie DT is very, very proud, as are her DT cousins.  Eldest has put in a demand for a chocolate burmese NOW lol. 

Yeah - ain't gonna happen.
Report Spam   Logged
Alicat
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2009, 08:28:59 pm »

Her Auntie DT is very, very proud, as are her DT cousins.  Eldest has put in a demand for a chocolate burmese NOW lol. 
Yeah - ain't gonna happen.

So I guess it would be best not to tell Eldest that Suzie (Bailey's mother) and Simon (her Dad) are expecting babies as we speak?
Report Spam   Logged
Shef
Senator
Shit-Hot Member

« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2009, 08:51:48 pm »

LOL  - So when's her birthday?
Report Spam   Logged

Success is getting what you want. Happiness is wanting what you get.
dragontamer
« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2009, 09:00:12 pm »

Her birthday is Anzac Day shef, and Ali.......................

If you so much as whisper that to her, I'm airmailing Daisy to you. 
Report Spam   Logged
Alicat
« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2009, 09:10:54 pm »

Her birthday is Anzac Day shef, and Ali.......................

If you so much as whisper that to her, I'm airmailing Daisy to you. 

My lips are sealed ... I've seen the jandal
Report Spam   Logged
ssweetpea
Absolutely Fabulously Incredibly Shit-Hot Member

« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2009, 09:51:23 am »

LOL.

As much I would love to get another cat....I better hold off. He who earns money has made his views known. Besides the accounts need to recover from all the vet bills in the last 18 months.

Well done with Bailey, I would love to meet her, and you next time I am in Wellington but it looks like the day has already been planned (Mum, sp2 and I are going down to see the Monet exhibition in May) and I am not the one paying for it.
Report Spam   Logged

The way politicians run this country a small white cat should have no problem http://sally4mp.blogspot.com/
Alicat
« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2009, 11:57:38 am »

LOL.
Well done with Bailey, I would love to meet her, and you next time I am in Wellington but it looks like the day has already been planned (Mum, sp2 and I are going down to see the Monet exhibition in May) and I am not the one paying for it.

Let me know when you'll be in Wellington. If there is any way we can work something out, I'll try. No offence will be taken if it is not possible. There's always 'next' time.
Report Spam   Logged
Lovelee
XNC2 GOD

« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2009, 11:59:17 am »

Bailey won:-

Doesnt surprise me one little bit!!!!  She carries an awesome name, even though it is spelt wrong  Angry
Report Spam   Logged

Laughter is the best medicine, unless you've got a really nasty case of syphilis, in which case penicillin is your best bet.
Alicat
« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2009, 12:01:51 pm »

Bailey was exhausted last night. Apart from racing out to see and make a fuss of my neighbour, Jen, when she popped over to get the final results, Bailey put herself to bed and pretty much stayed there once she'd had her dinner.

This morning she's hooning around catching her daily quota of Cicadas. She keeps coming back inside for smooches and has been playing with Yogi and Zara. Today is back to 'business as usual.'

Margaret (her Breeder) rang earlier and was still floating over the results.
Report Spam   Logged
Alicat
« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2009, 12:04:15 pm »

Doesnt surprise me one little bit!!!!  She carries an awesome name, even though it is spelt wrong  Angry

I'm rather partial to Bailey's Irish Creme. When I first met her, her main body was (and still is) the same colour, hence the name (and the spelling!)
Report Spam   Logged
Lovelee
XNC2 GOD

« Reply #16 on: April 05, 2009, 01:51:59 pm »

Its a well known fact that Baillies, when we invented the Irish Creme under our label, hired less than perfect printers and proof readers. 
Report Spam   Logged

Laughter is the best medicine, unless you've got a really nasty case of syphilis, in which case penicillin is your best bet.
Alicat
« Reply #17 on: April 05, 2009, 01:59:02 pm »

Its a well known fact that Baillies, when we invented the Irish Creme under our label, hired less than perfect printers and proof readers. 

PMSL
Report Spam   Logged
Alicat
« Reply #18 on: April 05, 2009, 07:59:43 pm »

The Breeder has 3 orders for kittens from the Cat Show yesterday from some Bailey admirers. One of them has ordered 2 and wants one of them to be a 'Bailey-Cat.'
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: