Xtra News Community 2
March 29, 2024, 07:29:29 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to Xtra News Community 2 — please also join our XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP.

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links BITEBACK! XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP Staff List Login Register  

And so the world's greatest comedy/entertainment show officially begins…

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: And so the world's greatest comedy/entertainment show officially begins…  (Read 4326 times)
Kiwithrottlejockey
Admin Staff
XNC2 GOD

Having fun in the hills!

« Reply #200 on: September 13, 2016, 09:16:55 pm »

I see that Donald Trump and his best buddy, Vladimir Putin, have been up to dirty tricks poisoning Hillary....

from The Washington Post....

The man who discovered CTE thinks Hillary Clinton may have been poisoned

Is it any wonder? Trump is too much of a criminal, a liar, a con-artist and genrally full-of-shit to win an election without playing dirty.
Report Spam   Logged

If you aren't living life on the edge, you're taking up too much space! 
Kiwithrottlejockey
Admin Staff
XNC2 GOD

Having fun in the hills!

« Reply #201 on: September 14, 2016, 12:42:12 am »

Mark Morford

Trump's moral tapeworm: Far beyond “deplorable”

By Mark Morford, SF Gate Columnist | 11:43AM PDT - Monday, September 12, 2016

Onward and healthy.
Onward and healthy.

HILLARY has mild pneumonia. Maybe a classic case of walking pneumonia, and of course it's all very easily treated by rest, and antibiotics, and skimming through the countless laughable tweets of a thousands of scabrous, Trump-fellating supporters deeply wishing for her death so they can reclaim the country for an increasingly irrelevant army of furious white males who can't spell and detest women and think Obama is a secret Muslim — which the majority of Republicans, quite truly, still do.

Trump, by the way, is quite sick, too — though his ailments are, shall we say, of a slightly different variety.

Trump, of course, suffers from a bizarre combination of ethical derangement, reverse priapism, moral tapeworm and malignant spiritual melanoma, all shot through by an incurable deterioration of everything it means to be human.

It's impossible not to notice. So dire is his condition, so bizarre and inscrutable, the media has struggled mightily to report it with any accuracy. They are flailing everywhere.

It's no wonder. Problem is, Trump's derangement is so compete, so astonishing, so head-scratchingly WTF-you-can't-be-serious, from claiming he helped clear rubble on 9/11 (he didn't) to swiping 20 grand from his own bogus “charitable” foundation to buy a six-foot painting of himself (he did), to claiming he never supported the Iraq war (he did) to, oh dear God, roughly 10,000 other shameless and instantly discredited lies, it's no wonder the media is taking heat for not sufficiently holding his inane statements to the fire.

How can they? How do you possibly find a foothold? When everything you say is hateful, bombastic nonsense, there's nothing particularly exceptional to report on. It's all sludge. It's all garbage. What Paul Krugman called his “big liar” technique — it's just what's expected now. And Trump knows it.

It's like a child who's trying to scowl as hard as he can.
It's like a child who's trying to scowl as hard as he can.

It is sad to note that, in elections past, one candidate suffering a mild health issue on the pitiless campaign trail might elicit a genuinely kind, tactful word from his or her opponent.

Trump, of course, laced his “get well soon” with the gross chyme of sneering innuendo, adding his typical “something's going on” to bait his easily manipulated base to wail about conspiracy and cover-up, as he happily moves on to lie about 9/11 and corrode everything humanity stands for.

Which is another way of saying: This right here? This spasm in history we're suffering through? This is about as ugly as America gets.

There has never been a modern, major-party candidate so nasty, so poorly educated, so poisonous to the American experiment, one who openly offers not a single iota of joy, hope, intellectual curiosity, genuine concern for the well-being of anyone but himself. Trump operates on the lowest, least humane strata of human dignity and moral disdain. Bush was dumb as a post, but he had a moral center and basic human decency. Trump's most devout wish? To pass on his personal moral tapeworm to you, to me, to the world.

Some say that the effects of Trump will be felt long after he loses the election. I disagree. I think Trump will be quickly identified as the horrific parasite he very much is, something you pick up in the waters of Borneo or the Taj Mahal in Atlantic City, like E.Coli mixed with flesh-eating bacteria with a ringworm chaser. And, like a strange virus, we are shuddering and sweating, screaming and vomiting our way through.

But then, come November, the fever will finally break. Hillary will win in a landslide and we will all breathe a sigh of relief, coupled to a sort of unprecedented declaration of ethical intent: “Let us never get that vile illness again. Let us change our diet, our posture, our rule of electoral success.” I mean, we can hope.

'Sup, haters? Wassup, haters!
'Sup, haters? Wassup, haters!

“Deplorables”, by the way, is a marvelous word. “Basket of deplorables” is even better, a rich and memorable image — though of course when speaking of Trump's most vicious core supporters, a huge number of which support white nationalist hate groups, or Putin, or anti-Muslim rhetoric and fully 65% of which think Obama is a Muslim and huge percentages of whom think blacks, Muslims and Mexicans are more violent, more criminal and lazier than whites, perhaps “cesspool” is more apt.

Which is to say, Hillary's “basket of deplorables” comment, despite the media's idiotic over-reaction and misunderstanding of the entire comment she actually made, was almost exactly correct.

Yes, Trump and the majority of his supporters really are, by way of actual, expressed viewpoints and attitudes, deplorable. The good news is, that basket isn't as large or durable as some seem to think. And, like Hillary's pneumonia, the vicious poisons it contains cannot survive long in the open light. They will have their antidote soon enough.

Email: Mark Morford

Mark Morford on Twitter and Facebook.

http://blog.sfgate.com/morford/2016/09/12/trumps-moral-tapeworm-far-beyond-deplorable
Report Spam   Logged

Kiwithrottlejockey
Admin Staff
XNC2 GOD

Having fun in the hills!

« Reply #202 on: September 14, 2016, 12:42:33 am »

from the Los Angeles Times....

Hillary Clinton's ‘deplorables’ comment is not entirely wrong

By DAVID HORSEY | 5:00AM PDT - Tuesday, September 13, 2016

AT SOME POINT in every election cycle, a TV news anchor — and more likely several of them — will speak in reverential tones about “the wisdom of the American people.” This expression of clichéd, lazy patriotism implies that the collective choice made by voters when they go to the polls is magically infallible. Unfortunately, that is simply not true.

Consider the man many Americans think of as the country's greatest president, Abraham Lincoln. We got him by chance, not because the people were so smart. Lincoln was elected in 1860 with less than 40% of the vote, the lowest percentage of any winning presidential candidate in U.S. history. If the opposition had not been split three ways, Honest Abe would have gone back to his law office in Illinois and someone who was more willing to let the United States be dismembered or allow slavery to continue would have gone to the White House.

In 1860, the majority of American voters cast their ballots, not with wisdom, but in a way that reflected their prejudices, fears and tribal instincts. Things have not changed much in the subsequent 156 years.

Hillary Clinton has run into a buzz saw of criticism because of her overstatement that half of Donald Trump's supporters could be placed in a “basket of deplorables”. She said these people are “racist, sexist, homophobic, xenophobic, Islamophobic — you name it.” Mike Pence, Trump's running mate, called this a slander on “hardworking Americans” who deserve more respect.

Clinton quickly apologized for using the word “half”, saying she meant to criticize a much smaller cadre of right-wing fanatics who are riding the Trump bandwagon. Still, she was not entirely off the mark. It is clear from evidence gleaned from poll after poll that at least half of Republicans hold some curious ideas. More than 50%, for instance, are convinced that Obama is a Muslim born somewhere outside the United States.

The Vox website has gathered together several national public opinion polls that compared the views of Clinton and Trump voters. They are instructive.

Though Republican House Speaker Paul Ryan deplored Trump's idea of barring Muslims from entering the U.S., calling it a religious test that violated the Constitution, just under half of Republican voters in one poll said they “strongly supported” the scheme and another 28% gave it tentative approval. Ryan also criticized Trump's insistence that a judge should recuse himself from a lawsuit against Trump University because of his Mexican heritage, but 43% of Republicans sided with Trump while only 39% were with Ryan.

Polls also show that Trump voters are much more likely than Clinton voters to have negative views of Mexican immigrants — and not just the illegal ones. They also are much more likely to think African Americans are less smart and more lazy, rude, violent and criminally inclined than white people. While 58% of white Americans say they harbor some level of resentment against blacks, a whopping 81% of Trump voters expressed such resentment.

The Vox analysis importantly notes that this does not mean most Trump voters are overtly racist or horrible people. More precisely, these poll results are an indication that a big share — half or more? — of the folks voting for Trump are fearful and angry about social and cultural changes that they believe are shifting the country away from what it has been. “This is why a Trump surrogate warned that if Clinton wins the election, there will be ‘taco trucks on every corner’,” the Vox analysis said. “The worry isn't that delicious food will be everywhere, but that the cultural makeup of America will dramatically change….”

Those in the Trump camp, of course, would argue this is not fearfulness but wisdom. So, that is what this election has come down to: a furious contest between two very different visions of America's future. Whichever way the election goes, it will be a victory of one vision over another, but there is no guarantee that it will be a choice that confirms the inherent wisdom of the American people.

http://www.latimes.com/opinion/topoftheticket/la-na-tt-deplorables-20160913-snap-story.html
Report Spam   Logged

Im2Sexy4MyPants
Absolutely Fabulously Incredibly Shit-Hot Member

« Reply #203 on: September 14, 2016, 08:00:39 am »

left right left right left right down the hole lol

the marxists have infiltrated the education system, the media,hollywood,the us government and like a rotten fish it's stench goes all the way up to the stars.
they are destroying this planet with their stupidity,they are controlled like puppets by so many evil organisations and corporations ngo groups that are hell bent on the destruction of every good thing our fathers had to fight and die for in the world wars 

hillary and obama are responsible for death on a mega scale all over the planet with their phony invasions then the arming of radical islam using them to fight proxy wars against the whole of humanity while they profit from it

deplorable Liberal's after 8 years of obama's education policies hahaha

meanwhile hillary looks like she's dying and bill is not looking too long for the earth either.

i am expecting them to dump hillary and pick michelle obama as the next dnc presidential candidate
« Last Edit: September 14, 2016, 08:13:06 am by Im2Sexy4MyPants » Report Spam   Logged

Are you sick of the bullshit from the sewer stream media spewed out from the usual Ken and Barby dickless talking point look a likes.

If you want to know what's going on in the real world...
And the many things that will personally effect you.
Go to
http://www.infowars.com/

AND WAKE THE F_ _K UP
Kiwithrottlejockey
Admin Staff
XNC2 GOD

Having fun in the hills!

« Reply #204 on: September 24, 2016, 04:26:00 pm »

More bigotry from the Trump brigade

By DANA MILLBANK | 1:22PM EDT - Friday, September 23, 2016

Donald Trump speaks during a campaign rally on Thursday in Aston, Pennsylvania. — Photograph: Evan Vucci/Associated Press.
Donald Trump speaks during a campaign rally on Thursday in Aston, Pennsylvania. — Photograph: Evan Vucci/Associated Press.

DONALD TRUMP SUPPORTERS may be passionate, but they're a bit irony-challenged.

In the days since I wrote that Hillary Clinton wasn't necessarily wrong to say that half of Trump's supporters are racists and other “deplorables”, the response has been, well, deplorable. A sampling of the thousands of emails and social media replies:

“Please do not tell me you think we whites are just as violent, nasty, and/or Godless as the other races.”

“You call it racism, I call it concern that in time ‘foreign’ folks will have the voting power to make the USA another Muslim state.”

Another writer informed me that “blacks are the most violent population in America,” that “blacks work the least of any race in America” and that “black women have the lowest moral standards of all women in America,” concluding: “The biggest problem for blacks is blacks.”

Many others suggested I perform an impossible sex act on myself and another sex act on male genitals, called me a “scumbag” and far worse, and suggested I eat feces. Some took the opportunity to inform me that I and my fellow Jews are “the most racist people on the Earth,” that I worship Satan, and that my children and I will be boiled in oil.

Then this simple note was sent to me: “I hope you outlive your children.”

I reprint this small sample of the nastygrams not to ruin your next meal but because the half of Trump supporters who aren't motivated by prejudice, and the few voters who remain genuinely undecided, should be aware of the bigotry that Trump has brought into the open — and that those who vote for Trump are condoning.

This week, police shootings of African Americans in Tulsa and Charlotte provoked more racial strife — and Trump apparently couldn't help but stir the pot. He said he was “troubled” by the shooting of the unarmed motorist in Tulsa, and he delivered a speech that was, in the prepared text, balanced: “We all have to walk a mile in someone else's shoes.”

But even as he tried to pull back from the flagrant and well-documented bigotry that has characterized his campaign — coziness with white supremacists, scapegoating of Latinos and Muslims, anti-Semitic imagery — Trump couldn't resist going off script and announcing, without proof, that “if you're not aware, drugs are a very, very big factor” in the Charlotte protests. He told a questioner in Cleveland that he would reduce violence in black communities with the “stop-and-frisk” policy that has produced discriminatory treatment of African Americans; he later said he would do that only in Chicago.

And Trump stood grinning as Don King, a prominent African American supporter, introduced Trump at a Cleveland church with reference to the “dancing and sliding and gliding nîgger. I mean Negro.”

As this was happening, Trump's campaign chair in Mahoning County in eastern Ohio resigned after she told The Guardian in a video interview that there wasn't “any racism until Obama got elected.”

“If you're black and you haven't been successful in the last 50 years, it's your own fault,” the official, Kathy Miller, said. “When do they take responsibility for how they live? I think it's due time, and I think it's good that Mr. Trump is pointing that out.”

And in Charlotte, Representative Robert Pittenger (Republican-North Carolina), an enthusiastic Trump backer who claimed he had Trump's support in his primary, told the BBC that the Charlotte protesters “hate white people because white people are successful and they're not.” He apologized.

Are Pittenger and Miller and those who send vile emails representative of Trump supporters? Or are they more like the way Donald Trump Jr. describes refugees: a few bad ones in a bowl of Skittles?

That's what I tried to answer in my column analyzing Clinton's claim that half of Trump supporters are racist, Islamophobic and the like. I cited data from the American National Election Studies, the gold standard of public opinion research for seven decades. It showed a big recent jump in prejudicial sentiment, to the point where 62 percent of white people believe black people are either lazier or less intelligent than white people, or both. The study further finds that such people disproportionately favor Republicans. Extrapolating, you can calculate that a solid majority of Mitt Romney's voters in 2012 were white people who thought black people lazier and/or less intelligent than white people. The proportion will likely grow for Trump.

This doesn't mean most Trump supporters are running around wearing sheets and burning crosses. But it does indicate racist sentiment is more widespread than commonly thought. What's truly deplorable is that Trump — unlike Romney and others who carried the Republican banner before — is encouraging the sentiment.

• Dana Milbank writes about political theater in the nation's capital. He joined The Washington Post as a political reporter in 2000.

Read more on this topic:

• Michael Gerson: Trump's destructive validation of racists

• Dana Milbank: Yes, half of Trump supporters are racist

• Colbert I. King: Walking in David Duke's shadow — Trump treads a well-worn path of bigotry

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/more-bigotry-from-the-trump-brigade/2016/09/23/67b96f14-81a1-11e6-8327-f141a7beb626_story.html
Report Spam   Logged

Kiwithrottlejockey
Admin Staff
XNC2 GOD

Having fun in the hills!

« Reply #205 on: September 24, 2016, 04:26:14 pm »

Cruz reverses himself, endorses Trump

By KATIE ZEZIMA | 6:13PM EDT - Friday, September 23, 2016

Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump, reacts as Republican presidential candidate Senator Ted Cruz, Republican-Texas, rebukes a comment made by Trump during the Republican presidential debate sponsored by CNN, Salem Media Group and the Washington Times at the University of Miami on Thursday, March 10th, 2016, in Coral Gables, Florida. — Photograph: Pedro Portal/The Miami Herald via Associated Press.
Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump, reacts as Republican presidential candidate Senator Ted Cruz, Republican-Texas,
rebukes a comment made by Trump during the Republican presidential debate sponsored by CNN, Salem Media Group and
The Washington Times at the University of Miami on Thursday, March 10th, 2016, in Coral Gables, Florida.
 — Photograph: Pedro Portal/The Miami Herald via Associated Press.

SENATOR TED CRUZ endorsed Donald Trump's presidential campaign on Friday, the latest chapter in a rocky relationship between the two men that has ricocheted from fawning support to searing personal insults to, now, a kind of detente.

In a Facebook message posted on Friday, Cruz said he has had “areas of significant disagreement” with Trump, but cannot allow Hillary Clinton to become president.

“After many months of careful consideration, of prayer and searching my own conscience, I have decided that on Election Day, I will vote for the Republican nominee, Donald Trump,” Cruz said, noting he is honoring a commitment he made to endorse the Republican nominee — something he stepped back from earlier this year.

The decision marks a politically risky move for Cruz, who pointedly refused to endorse Trump during a prime-time speech at the Republican National Convention in July. Cruz exhorted Republicans to “vote your conscience” and said he was standing on truth and principle — ideologically pure stances Cruz espoused during his campaign and that could be imperiled with his endorsement of Trump.

Cruz was booed off the stage and his wife was filmed leaving early to avoid angry delegates. At a tense breakfast with the Texas delegation the following morning, Cruz said he wasn't going to “act like a servile puppy dog” and back Trump.

“No, this is not politics,” Cruz said at the time. “I will tell the truth.”

The truth, Cruz said then, was that Trump had personally attacked his wife, Heidi, and father, Rafael. Citing an unfounded conspiracy theory, Trump repeatedly accused Rafael Cruz, who was born and raised in Cuba, of associating with Lee Harvey Oswald around the time of John F. Kennedy's assassination. Trump also retweeted an unflattering photo of Heidi Cruz contrasted with a photo of his wife, Melania, a retired model.

“I am not in the habit of supporting people who attack my wife and attack my father,” Ted Cruz said in July. Previously, he said Trump was a “sniveling coward” who should “leave Heidi the hell alone.”

In July, some delegates questioned how Cruz could turn back on a pledge he and other candidates made to support the Republican nominee.

“The day that was abrogated was the day this became personal,” he said, adding he would never vote for Clinton.

Trump said after the convention he would not accept Cruz's endorsement if it were offered. In a statement on Friday, Trump also reversed himself.

“I am greatly honored by the endorsement of Senator Cruz,” the statement said. “We have fought the battle and he was a tough and brilliant opponent. I look forward to working with him for many years to come in order to make America great again.”

Even after making his impassioned pleas in Cleveland, Cruz's aides didn't rule out the possibility of an endorsement at a later date. Cruz had been facing growing pressure from donors to back Trump after staying on the sidelines since July. Cruz is facing a reelection fight in 2018, and talk had been mounting about a Republican primary challenge to Cruz — chatter that may simmer down now that Cruz has endorsed Trump.

Over the past few days, the Texas Republican and his aides increasingly signaled that they were coming around to Trump. On Wednesday, Cruz thanked Trump on Twitter for backing his top legislative priority, a crusade on Internet domain names. Trump this week also said he would consider naming Senator Mike Lee, one of Cruz's closest allies in the Senate, to the Supreme Court. Cruz's campaign manager, Jeff Roe, said at a Bloomberg Politics breakfast on Tuesday that Cruz's unwillingness to back a third-party candidate were limiting his options and that watching Trump run a “better campaign” has been “helpful”.

The relationship between the two first turned vicious after Trump said Cruz's Canadian birthplace was a “very precarious” issue for the Republican Party and questioned his eligibility to run for president. Cruz has long said that he qualifies as a natural-born citizen because his mother was born in Delaware.

The two men spent months lobbing pointed insults at one another. Cruz called Trump a “pathological liar” who is “utterly amoral”, a “serial philanderer”, a “bully” and a “narcissist at a level I don't think this country has ever seen.” Trump yoked Cruz with the nickname, “Lyin' Ted”, and called him a “nasty guy”, an “anchor baby”, “unstable” and “sick”.

It wasn't always this way.

At the beginning of the presidential race, the two men enjoyed a relationship that was unusually cozy for two ostensible rivals for the Republican presidential nomination — a political buddy comedy movie of sorts. Cruz repeatedly lauded Trump as “terrific” and said he was happy the real estate mogul was in the presidential race. Cruz spent an afternoon at Trump Tower in Manhattan, and the two men headlined a Capitol Hill rally against the Iranian nuclear deal — something virtually unheard of for two candidates running against one another.

In December, Cruz promised that nothing would come between him and Trump.

But it did, and now many conservatives and those in Cruz's orbit are dismayed that the candidate they saw taking a principled stance against Trump is now backing the businessman. Cruz is now back in the Senate, a body where he earned the enmity of his colleagues and wore it as a badge of honor. It was proof, Cruz said, of his outsider status, something that could be endangered with his endorsement of Trump.

“Another promising, talented politician is gonna learn the lesson of misspent political capital the hard way. Come quickly, Lord Jesus,” Steve Deace, a prominent Iowa evangelical and Cruz supporter, wrote on Twitter.

Even some people who worked on Cruz's campaign rebuked their former boss.

Others are thrilled that Cruz is finally backing the nominee.

“I am pleased that he has done the right thing and it shows that he's really willing to help unite party,” said Mica Mosbacher, who donated to Cruz and is now backing Trump.

Kellyanne Conway, who ran a constellation of super PACs backing Cruz and is now Trump's campaign manager, expressed her pleasure with Cruz's decision on Twitter.

A policy wonk who never shied from getting into the weeds of issues, Cruz laid out in detail six reasons why he believes Clinton cannot be president: the Supreme Court, Obamacare, energy, immigration, national security and Internet freedom. Cruz wrote that Trump's campaign has been “focusing more and more on freedom” over the past few weeks by emphasizing school choice and economic growth for Hispanic and African-Americans.

“Our country is in crisis. Hillary Clinton is manifestly unfit to be president, and her policies would harm millions of Americans. And Donald Trump is the only thing standing in her way,” Cruz wrote.

Mike DeBonis, Paul Kane, Sean Sullivan and David Weigel contributed reporting.

• Katie Zezima is a national political correspondent covering the 2016 presidential election. She previously served as a White House correspondent for The Washington Post.

Read more on this topic:

• Ted Cruz and his conscience amicably part ways

• ‘Profoundly sad’, ‘let down’, ‘cuckservative': Conservatives react to Cruz backing Trump

• Donald Trump’s moved from trying to woo black voters to trying to woo Hispanic Texas senators

• Trump backs Ted Cruz's Internet domain crusade

• 9 truly awful things Ted Cruz and Donald Trump said about each other

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-politics/wp/2016/09/23/cruz-to-reverse-himself-and-support-trump
Report Spam   Logged

nitpicker1
XNC2 GOD

Nothing sexceeds like sexcess

« Reply #206 on: September 24, 2016, 06:46:08 pm »

Yeahbut

http://www.stuff.co.nz/world/americas/84626279/professor-whos-predicted-30-years-of-us-presidential-outcomes-correctly-says-who-will-win
Report Spam   Logged

"Life might not be the party you were expecting, but you're here now, so you may as well get up and dance"
Kiwithrottlejockey
Admin Staff
XNC2 GOD

Having fun in the hills!

« Reply #207 on: September 26, 2016, 11:19:00 am »

Ted Cruz won't say whether Trump is ‘fit to be president’

By DAVID WELGEL | 6:41PM EDT - Saturday, September 24, 2016

Senator Ted Cruz (Texas) speaks during the third night of the Republican National Convention in Cleveland. — Photograph: Mark Kauzlarich/Reuters.
Senator Ted Cruz (Texas) speaks during the third night of the Republican National Convention in Cleveland.
 — Photograph: Mark Kauzlarich/Reuters.

AUSTIN, TEXAS — One day after Ted Cruz endorsed Donald Trump, the Republican nominee whom he once accused of being a “pathological liar” and “sniveling coward”, the Texas senator was still explaining himself. He called the decision “agonizing”. He revealed that he did not ask Trump to apologize for insults to his wife and father. Asked if he considered Trump “fit to be president”, he would only say that there were “two choices” in the election.

And he told Evan Smith, the founding editor of The Texas Tribune, that Hillary Clinton's threat to the Supreme Court and the country was enough to move him off the fence.

“You think a serial philanderer and pathological liar should be president?” Smith said.

Cruz paused. “I have had many, many disagreements with Donald,” he deadpanned.

The audience, in one of the biggest rooms at the annual Texas Tribune Festival, was loaded with Cruz skeptics. He drew only scattered applause when he discussed his Senate initiatives and his work to keep the Republicans in control of the upper chamber; he drew boos when he suggested that critical coverage of police-involved shootings was leading to more crime by preventing police from doing their jobs. (“Black lives are being lost because cops are pulling back,” he insisted.)

But Cruz held his ground, telling Smith and a succession of hostile audience questioners that he had “wrestled” with the decision and come out supporting Trump. “What I said in Cleveland was that every voter needs to follow his conscience,” said Cruz, recasting a Republican National Convention speech that was interpreted (and intended) as an invitation not to vote for Trump.

It was the latest in a series of awkward-but-necessary explanatory interviews, with more to come, including a Monday talk with Glenn Beck. The first came after a Cruz appearance in conservative Tyler, Texas, where he told The Tribune's Patrick Svitek that his family was getting past Trump's venomous primary attacks. “All three of us have decided to forgive the past, and my focus in making this decision was on trying my best to do the right thing for the country,” he said.

That comment came after an event with supportive Republican activists. The Tribune sit-down — held on the campus of the University of Texas — was something entirely different. Smith, who has covered Cruz throughout his career, read back the harshest things Cruz had said about Trump and recalled the morning of the Indiana primary, when Cruz unloaded on Trump over months of personal attacks culminating in a false accusation that Cruz's father was linked to John F. Kennedy's assassin.

“You looked like your head was going to blow off your neck,” Smith said.

Cruz admitted that he had taken the family attacks personally, and “struggled” to get over them, but that Trump's targets were not as angry as he had been. “Both Heidi and my dad — they are strong, independent people,” he said. “When those attacks came, they both laughed out loud.”

Asked how he could move on when Trump had not even apologized for the attacks — indeed, Trump had once said he'd reject it if Cruz ever endorsed him — Cruz said that he had not asked for an apology. On Friday, after he published a Facebook post explaining the reasons he would support Trump, Cruz talked to the nominee and focused on the need to appoint conservative judges and Supreme Court justices.

“When I got the ask, I said: Give a commitment that matters to me,” Cruz recalled. “Give a commitment to something meaningful on the Supreme Court.”

Cruz added that Republican Party activists, and many supporters of his presidential campaign, had wanted him to get behind the nominee. He had seen that firsthand after his RNC speech, when he got hostile feedback at a breakfast with Texas delegates. The drumbeat had grown louder since, with political allies such as Lieutenant Governor Dan Patrick (Republican-Texas) saying that Cruz was hurting his career and the movement if he refused to back Trump. But Cruz handed more credit to the party's activists.

“They were tearfully begging me to support the nominee,” Cruz said. “They trudged through the snow; they made phone calls. Their view was that they were horrified by a Hillary Clinton presidency. Listen: If people from Washington are smacking me with a stick, I don't care. It usually means I'm doing the right thing. But when you hear the voices of the grass roots who believe with all their heart — their voices move me.”

Inside the Tribune festival, Cruz was confronted with some different voices. The first audience question came from a Muslim student, who asked “if Muslims can feel comfortable with a candidate who has been outwardly xenophobic.”

“Listen, that is a question you are going to have to ask yourself,” Cruz said.

“But she's asking you!” said Smith, as the crowd booed.

“The scourge of radical Islam is dangerous,” said Cruz, “and many of the victims of it are Muslim. Look, [the Islamic State] is murdering fellow Muslims as well as murdering Christians. We are seeing Muslim presidents being torn apart by jihadists. My hope is that we have a president who brings people together to combat that, including Muslim nations.”

Cruz went on to describe exactly how that president could build alliances, prompting Smith to ask for a clarification: Was he talking about Trump?

“Between the two choices of Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump, I believe that Hillary Clinton will do a great deal of damage to this country,” Cruz said.

“You are a straight shooter, but I'll note that you did not say yes,” Smith said.

Next, a member of the audience asked how Cruz, a father of two daughters, could support a man who made “misogynist” comments. After the applause died down, Cruz recounted how he had told Caroline and Catherine about Trump's April retweet of a fan who had mocked their mother's looks.

“They know already,” he said. “When he said that about Heidi, we sat down and talked about it.”

Cruz pivoted to the court issue, telling the skeptical questioner that “freedom of speech” was at risk if Clinton won the election. “If Hillary Clinton is elected president, we will see one, two, three, maybe four Supreme Court justices added to the court,” he said. “I think the court will be lost for a generation. That will mean my daughters' rights will be lost for a generation.”

“Like the right to choice?” the questioner asked.

There was more applause, and then more booing, when Cruz explained that Clinton favored abortion without legal limits. Cruz was asked by another person whether he agreed with Trump that Russian President “Vladimir Putin is a stronger leader than our president.” Finally, Cruz told the audience that “in the weeks before a general election, when there is a binary choice,” he would not be re-litigating the issues with Trump.

“I have no intention of defending everything that Donald Trump says and does,” he said. “I don't think it is beneficial for me to be criticizing the nominee. If y'all invite me to do it, I will decline the invitation.”

• David Weigel is a national political correspondent covering the 2016 election and ideological movements for The Washington Post.

Read more on this topic:

• The Fix: Ted Cruz just endorsed Donald Trump. Here's why that's a big risk.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-politics/wp/2016/09/24/ted-cruz-explains-why-he-endorsed-trump-despite-everything
Report Spam   Logged

Kiwithrottlejockey
Admin Staff
XNC2 GOD

Having fun in the hills!

« Reply #208 on: September 26, 2016, 08:55:02 pm »

EDITORIAL: It's beyond debate that
Donald Trump is unfit to be president

By EDITORIAL BOARD | 7:17PM EDT - Sunday, September 25, 2016

Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump in Roanoke, Virginia, on September 24th, 2016 and Democratic presidential nominee Hillary Clinton in Orlando on September 21st. — Photographs: Agence France-Presse/Getty Images.
Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump in Roanoke, Virginia, on September 24th, 2016 and Democratic presidential nominee Hillary Clinton in Orlando on September 21st. — Photographs: Agence France-Presse/Getty Images.

DEMOCRAT HILLARY CLINTON and REPUBLICAN DONALD TRUMP will debate on national television for the first time on Monday night, and the stakes could not be higher. The presidency and, by extension, the country's future — maybe the world's — could hinge on what they say and how they say it.

Or so we have been told — in breathless pre-event speculation about everything from whether the moderator, NBC's Lester Holt, will intervene to correct a candidate who strays from the truth, to whether one candidate or the other will be able to goad his or her opponent into a campaign-altering gaffe before an audience expected to reach 100 million.

Permit us to dissent from this conventional wisdom, vigorously. Yes, Monday night's clash, and two additional debates to follow, will add drama to the election, and a bit more data to the massive pile of it already available to voters. In a fundamental sense, however, there is nothing much at stake, or shouldn't be, because there is not much more to learn: Mr. Trump has amply demonstrated his unworthiness to occupy the Oval Office. It's beyond his capacity in the upcoming 90-minute question-and-answer sessions to reverse or even substantially modify that conclusion.

Suppose Mr. Trump keeps a cool head, conducts a respectful discussion with Ms. Clinton and Mr. Holt and even manages to avoid saying anything inflammatory or blatantly false. In other words, suppose he manages to conduct himself “presidentially” for an hour and a half. That could not undo the many, many instances, over more than a year — longer if you start with the launch of his “birther” campaign in 2011 — in which he has insulted, acted out, lied and countenanced violence beyond even some of the most rough-and-tumble precedents of modern American politics. Suppose, further, that he were to soften or even repudiate some of his most odious policy pronouncements; that, say, he opposes rather than supports the aggressive torture of terrorism suspects. That would be a backhanded form of progress, to be sure. But voters would still be left guessing as to which of his inconsistent statements they could trust.

In short, the challenge for Monday's audience is to avoid the trap of thinking of this debate as yet another opportunity for “the real Trump” — or even a “new Trump” — to emerge, either stylistically or substantively. It's way too late for that. The real Trump has been before the citizenry ever since he announced his candidacy in a rambling jeremiad that blamed Mexico for “sending rapists” to the United States as illegal immigrants. It has been said that the true test of an ordinary person's character is how you behave when no one is watching. The corollary standard for a presidential candidate could be: how you behave repeatedly in public, before the one big night when everyone is watching. Even by that more forgiving standard, Mr. Trump has already flunked.

Read more on this topic:

• Dana Milbank: More bigotry from the Trump brigade

• Elizabeth Drew: Presidential debates seriously distort our democratic system

• Bob Schieffer: The most important advice I can give to debate moderators

• The Washington Post's View: Donald Trump is a unique threat to American democracy [/b]
[/size]

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/its-beyond-debate-that-donald-trump-is-unfit-to-be-president/2016/09/25/f5926648-81b4-11e6-8327-f141a7beb626_story.html
Report Spam   Logged

Kiwithrottlejockey
Admin Staff
XNC2 GOD

Having fun in the hills!

« Reply #209 on: September 27, 2016, 10:43:06 am »

Mark Morford

Hillary vs. Trump: Are you stressed/depressed enough?

By Mark Morford, SF Gate Columnist | 11:21AM PDT - Monday, September 26, 2016

Please bring your A-game to these debates, Hillary. And some mace.
Please bring your A-game to these debates, Hillary. And some mace.

THIS is the feeling, no? A strange and sickly sadness, mixed with undue stress, shot through with nasty reality check, as we face the very depressing possibility that there's even a slight chance the Orange-Faced Sociopath could somehow lurch and bloviate his way through the first debate and get a few good, hateful “swipes” in against Hillary, a candidate 1,000 times his intellectual, political and ideological superior, which means he will somehow not be pushed back under the slimy, megalomaniacal rock from whence he came.

Do not misunderstand. Every presidential debate has its attendant anxiety, wrought of your fervent hope that your candidate will hold his or her own and get in a few poignant comments, policy statements and solid sound bites, even as a fair amount of his/her humanity and humor shines through. It's a lot to ask, and it all invites a very weird kind of anxious, nerve-wracking melancholy. Hell, even Obama performed fairly terribly against Romney once or twice in early debates, before regaining his footing (and his poll numbers).

Feels more like an MMA octagon cage than a respectful place for smart people to discuss real ideas and issues.
Feels more like an MMA octagon cage than a respectful place for smart people to discuss real ideas and issues.

But as with everything this election cycle, this one feels — is different, largely because of the undeniable, world-stabbing fact that Trump is not merely one of the most disastrous presidential candidates in American history, but he's also just a terrible human being, filled with easy cruelty and an endless reserve of taunts and bile, never once to be seen showing an ounce of genuine kindness or compassion.

This is the question America has been wrestling with for well over a year: What is the exact opposite of joy, of peace, of decency and open-mindedness and intellectual acumen? Because whatever it is, Trump embodies it, thrives on it, sells it to you from an ethical used car lot and runs away laughing as you burst into flame.

He's a terrible person and a worse debater. But he is an excellent slinger of nasty, manipulative sludge.
He's a terrible person and a worse debater. But he is an excellent slinger of nasty, manipulative sludge.

Combine all of this with Hillary's famously uneven, charisma-free media persona, her lack of easy quips and her occasionally clunky speechmaking skills — despite being in possession of a terrific intellect, genuine warmth and unparalleled political experience — and it all feels like a recipe for, well, who knows what. Not disaster, per se, but certainly something a little bit… queasy.

To say nothing of recent alarmism. Too many polls showing Trump somehow pulling near-even with Hillary in vital swing states, Hillary's brief bouts with pneumonia being turned into a vicious troll fest, all of Hillary's solid, often excellent policy ideas, plans and astute responses to national issues being ignored, as Trump effortlessly cons and abuses the media and backstrokes in pools of tabloid-grade phlegm.

Remember civility? Smart people respectfully talking about real issues, despite the obvious political theater of it all? Ah, youth.
Remember civility? Smart people respectfully talking about real issues, despite the obvious political theater of it all?
Ah, youth.

It's definitely a recipe for one thing: unprecedented national exhaustion. When this election is finally over, we will be collectively wrung out, burned and raw, like no time in political history. The snaggletoothed cancer that is Trump will have been eradicated from the national bloodstream, and we will be left shaken, dazed and grateful to be alive.

And, with any luck whatsoever, we will vow to never, ever let something like him happen to us again.

Email: Mark Morford

Mark Morford on Twitter and Facebook.

http://blog.sfgate.com/morford/2016/09/26/hillary-vs-trump-are-you-stresseddepressed-enough
Report Spam   Logged

Kiwithrottlejockey
Admin Staff
XNC2 GOD

Having fun in the hills!

« Reply #210 on: September 27, 2016, 02:18:58 pm »

TRUMP'S MOUTH
Report Spam   Logged

Kiwithrottlejockey
Admin Staff
XNC2 GOD

Having fun in the hills!

« Reply #211 on: September 27, 2016, 02:19:17 pm »

from the Los Angeles Times....

Tracking the presidential debate zingers

By DAVID HORSEY | 6:25PM PDT - Monday, September 26, 2016

THE FIRST DEBATE of the 2016 presidential campaign is underway. The zingers are flying, the truths are being told, the spin is being spun and the dubious assertions are piling up. I am tracking all of that with my Presidential Debate Zingometer!

Following along as I post the results throughout the debate. The Zingometer readings (first to last, top to bottom) will be right here:

http://www.latimes.com/opinion/topoftheticket/la-na-tt-zingometer-20160926-snap-story.html
« Last Edit: September 27, 2016, 03:10:38 pm by Kiwithrottlejockey » Report Spam   Logged

Im2Sexy4MyPants

« Reply #212 on: September 27, 2016, 03:33:14 pm »

who won clinton vs trump debate ? poll= Trump Yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy Grin

http://time.com/4506217/presidential-debate-clinton-trump-survey/
« Last Edit: September 27, 2016, 04:03:42 pm by Im2Sexy4MyPants » Report Spam   Logged

Are you sick of the bullshit from the sewer stream media spewed out from the usual Ken and Barby dickless talking point look a likes.

Go to

AND WAKE THE F_ _K UP
Kiwithrottlejockey
Admin Staff
XNC2 GOD

Having fun in the hills!

« Reply #213 on: September 27, 2016, 04:26:27 pm »

HE DID INHALE!
(click on the picture to read the news story)
Report Spam   Logged

Kiwithrottlejockey
Admin Staff
XNC2 GOD

Having fun in the hills!

« Reply #214 on: September 27, 2016, 04:26:37 pm »

Trump yells and sniffs his way through
the first 2016 presidential debate

By JENNA JOHNSON | 11:54PM EDT - Monday, September 26, 2016

Democratic Nominee for President of the United States former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton and Republican Nominee for President of the United States Donald Trump meet for their first presidential debate at Hofstra University in Hempstead, New York on Monday September 26th, 2016. — Photograph: Melina Mara/The Washington Post.
Democratic Nominee for President of the United States former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton and Republican Nominee
for President of the United States Donald Trump meet for their first presidential debate at Hofstra University in
Hempstead, New York on Monday September 26th, 2016. — Photograph: Melina Mara/The Washington Post.

HEMPSTEAD, NEW YORK — The greatest mystery heading into this debate was which version of the unpredictable Republican candidate would show up at Hofstra University for his first one-on-one faceoff with Democratic rival Hillary Clinton.

The answer is, two versions of Donald Trump did.

Early on, he was relatively subdued, listening as Clinton spoke, and even acknowledging a few points of agreement with her. The questioning and his answers were also focused on issues that have helped propel his candidacy, including his condemnation of trade deals and his vow to bring back manufacturing jobs.

But at about the 11-minute mark, Trump's cool began to melt. He started to shout through Clinton's answers, gripping the sides of the lectern until his hands turned red.

“That's called business, by the way,” Trump snipped early in the debate, as Clinton accused him of rooting for the housing collapse.

“I did not! I did not! I do not say that,” he shouted as Clinton accused him of calling climate change a hoax, which he has said on numerous occasions.

“Facts!” he yelled as Clinton began to question the accuracy of his assertions.

“Wrong! Wrong!” he said as Clinton stated that he initially supported the Iraq War, which he had.

“Where did you find it? Oh really?” Trump said as Clinton referred to a beauty pageant contestant who has accused Trump of calling her “Miss Housekeeping” because she is Latina.

And as Clinton criticized Trump for painting the African American community with a broad brush of stereotypes, Trump could be heard sighing.

Trump — who has raised questions about Clinton's health after her recent bout of pneumonia — appeared to have a cold and loudly sniffled through much of the debate. The Democratic National Committee issued a news release about Trump refusing to release his tax returns, with the headline “Trump Sniffs at Paying Taxes”.

Trump came into the first debate the strongest that he has been in months, having caught up with Clinton in several national polls and passed her in some key battleground states. He underwent far more preparation for this debate than he ever admitted to doing during the primaries — but his aides and surrogates kept the details quiet and tried to play down expectations.

Former House Speaker Newt Gingrich — one of Trump's advisers — tweeted out a low-bar prediction for the night: “@realdonaldtrump will pass the test of being adequately competent & will get a big boost in acceptability.”

The debate was held at Hofstra, a private college on Long Island that on Monday became a microcosm of the sharply divided nation. Trump has found bursts of support in the working-class neighborhoods here, just a short helicopter ride from the luxurious Manhattan skyscraper where he has long lived and worked, but the campus itself is a hotbed of the political correctness that Trump has long mocked.

Republican nominee Donald Trump speaks during the first presidential debate at Hofstra University in Hempstead, New York on September 26th, 2016. — Photograph: Jewel Samad/Agence France-Presse/Getty Images.
Republican nominee Donald Trump speaks during the first presidential debate at Hofstra University in Hempstead, New York
on September 26th, 2016. — Photograph: Jewel Samad/Agence France-Presse/Getty Images.

Hours before the debate, a swarm of Trump supporters gathered around an outdoor Fox News set and loudly chanted an attack on Clinton: “Lock her up! Lock her up!” At the other side of the parking lot, a quieter crowd of Clinton supporters stood around an MSNBC set, holding up a giant blue sign reading: “Stronger together”.

The debate began with a warm handshake, as Clinton said loud enough for the cameras to hear: “How are you, Donald?”

Donald” is a first name that few use in Trump Tower, where even high-level employees and top aides usually address the candidate as “Mr. Trump”. The casual greeting seemed to annoy Trump, who asked Clinton if it he could call her “Secretary Clinton”.

“Is that, okay?” Trump said, with courtesy that seemed forced. “Good. I want you to be very happy. It's very important to me.”

Clinton took the first clear swing of the debate, questioning Trump's “trumped-up trickle-down” tax plan and reminding viewers of the money that Trump's father lent him as he got started in business.

On the campaign trail for the past year, Trump has become the most defensive when his business decisions are questioned or attacked, a sensitivity that Clinton hit again and again, often prompting Trump to provide responses that will likely appear in attack ads in the coming weeks.

On that loan from his father, Trump responded: “My father gave me a very small loan in 1975, and I built it into a company that's worth many, many billions of dollars, with some of the greatest assets in the world, and I say that only because that's the kind of thinking that our country needs.”

When Clinton accused him of not paying people who completed work for him, including an architect she invited to the debate, Trump responded: “Maybe he didn't do a good job, and I was not satisfied with his work.”

As the debate entered its second half, Clinton stood by and listened during several episodes that may not have been helpful for him. He argued incorrectly and at length that New York City's “stop-and-frisk” policing had not been ruled unconstitutional; he bragged that he had successfully prompted President Obama produce his birth certificate as part of his long-standing “birther” crusade; and he insisted against evidence that he had always opposed the Iraq War and pointing to private conversations with booster Sean Hannity of Fox News as proof.

As he wrapped up the latter rant, which lasted several minutes, Trump plugged his own temperament.

“I think my strongest asset, maybe by far, is my temperament,” he said. “I have a winning temperament. I know how to win. She does not.”

In the final minutes of the debate, Trump and Clinton seemed to unload their remaining attacks on one another, although he never mentioned a comment that she made at a fundraiser about “half” of his supporters being “deplorables”. As Clinton listed comments that Trump made about women, he said that he chose not to air attack ads going after her personal life.

And when given the opportunity to explain at the end why he doesn't think Clinton has the “look” for the presidency, Trump doubled down on his controversial comment, which GOP operatives say could hurt his chances at winning over white women with college degrees.

“She doesn't have the look,” Trump said. “She doesn't have the stamina. I said she doesn't have the stamina — and I don't believe she has the stamina to be president of this country.”

• Jenna Johnson is a political reporter who is covering the 2016 presidential campaign for The Washington Post.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/trump-yells-and-sniffs-his-way-through-the-first-2016-presidential-debate/2016/09/26/c990f05e-8403-11e6-a3ef-f35afb41797f_story.html
Report Spam   Logged

Im2Sexy4MyPants

« Reply #215 on: September 27, 2016, 05:07:50 pm »

Analysis: Donald Trump Would Win Election Today Based on Current Polling

As the first presidential debate looms later Monday evening just an hour from here on Long Island at Hofstra University, a Breitbart News analysis of current polling in the presidential election shows that Donald J. Trump—the Republican nominee for president—would win the election if it were held Monday and the polls are correct.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/
Report Spam   Logged

Go to

AND WAKE THE F_ _K UP
Kiwithrottlejockey
Admin Staff
XNC2 GOD

Having fun in the hills!

« Reply #216 on: September 27, 2016, 06:10:30 pm »

Notice how Trump patronisingly patted Hillary's back at the end of the debate?

He's an arrogant, sexist arsehole alright!
Report Spam   Logged

Im2Sexy4MyPants

« Reply #217 on: September 27, 2016, 06:31:25 pm »

Feeding the troll

leftist use their rabid diatribe to put stupid labels on people and things that they cant understand or control
they act like silly fearful uneducated children in their stupid thinking and need to be reeducated to save then from their programming.

in the past the soviet Russian government would put people who did not agree with their politics into mental institutions or gulags  or just murder them this might be the only cure for the leftist madness lol
Report Spam   Logged

Go to

AND WAKE THE F_ _K UP
Kiwithrottlejockey
Admin Staff
XNC2 GOD

Having fun in the hills!

« Reply #218 on: September 27, 2016, 06:36:29 pm »

THOUGHTS
Report Spam   Logged

Kiwithrottlejockey
Admin Staff
XNC2 GOD

Having fun in the hills!

« Reply #219 on: September 27, 2016, 06:45:32 pm »

OWNED
(click on the picture to read the news story)
Report Spam   Logged

Im2Sexy4MyPants

« Reply #220 on: September 27, 2016, 07:47:21 pm »

« Last Edit: September 27, 2016, 08:07:32 pm by Im2Sexy4MyPants » Report Spam   Logged

Go to

AND WAKE THE F_ _K UP
Kiwithrottlejockey
Admin Staff
XNC2 GOD

Having fun in the hills!

« Reply #221 on: September 28, 2016, 06:57:46 pm »

DUMBER
Report Spam   Logged

Kiwithrottlejockey
Admin Staff
XNC2 GOD

Having fun in the hills!

« Reply #222 on: September 29, 2016, 12:35:42 pm »

MAN OF 1000 LIES
Report Spam   Logged

Im2Sexy4MyPants

« Reply #223 on: September 29, 2016, 10:50:05 pm »

Report Spam   Logged

Go to

AND WAKE THE F_ _K UP
Kiwithrottlejockey
Admin Staff
XNC2 GOD

Having fun in the hills!

« Reply #224 on: October 06, 2016, 11:37:37 am »

SNIGGER....Donald Trump is no more likely to make America great again than my arsehole will turn out to be Jesus Christ reincarnated.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: