Xtra News Community 2
March 29, 2024, 08:20:14 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to Xtra News Community 2 — please also join our XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP.

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links BITEBACK! XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP Staff List Login Register  

What an excellent higher-education policy....

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What an excellent higher-education policy....  (Read 217 times)
Kiwithrottlejockey
Admin Staff
XNC2 GOD

Having fun in the hills!

« on: January 31, 2016, 02:46:38 pm »

Andrew Little has announced that a future Labour government will give school-leavers the same amount of FREE tertiary education that John Key and Billy-boy English got when they left school.

Good to see policies creating equality between the generations being advocated.

Report Spam   Logged

If you aren't living life on the edge, you're taking up too much space! 

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

reality
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2016, 02:50:55 pm »

...mmm...but the  anounced tax increases...not so good..and the unanounced tax increases...not so good...thats alot of tax increases Shocked
Report Spam   Logged
Crusader
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2016, 05:46:54 pm »

Great idea, however not at the expense of my tax cut thanks.
Report Spam   Logged
guest49
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2016, 06:41:26 pm »

No worries mate, the GST that has been superimposed on us since Key & co.'s university days should take care of that...  Roll Eyes
Report Spam   Logged
reality
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2016, 06:51:10 pm »

"No worries mate, the GST that has been superimposed on us since Key & co.'s university days should take care of that...  "

...sorry, I'm a bit slow....not really sure what you mean...could you please elaborate ?
Report Spam   Logged
Kiwithrottlejockey
Admin Staff
XNC2 GOD

Having fun in the hills!

« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2016, 07:33:28 pm »

Why do you need Yak to elaborate?

I can understand perfectly what he is saying.

Are you lacking basic comprehension skills, or other intelligence (lack-of) difficulties?

Anyway, this announcement from Andrew Little could almost persuade me to vote for Labour again (I last voted form them in 1987).

Almost.....except there is one BIG reason I won't vote for them: Phil Goof is still part of the Labour caucus and he was the Minister of Education who axed free tertiary education for school-leavers (with a little help from the traitor Roger Douglas) and required them to take out student loans to pay for what he (Phil Goof) got for nothing.

Report Spam   Logged

reality
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2016, 08:02:52 pm »

...ahhh...yeah...nah...

..oh well...there are plenty of other minority type parties you could vote for Wink
Report Spam   Logged
reality
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2016, 05:54:59 am »

"It shouldn’t have taken Labour two years and a panel of experts to produce such policy. Laila Harre and Hone Harawira and internet Mana promised “free tertiary education” at the last election."

...yup..its a bit feeble  from Labour’s “Future of Work Commission”

RODNEY HIDE ISN’T IMPRESSED WITH ANGRY LITTLE’S BRIBE EITHER

Andrew Little

When I give my vote, I want my money. Immediately. I don’t want it on promise.

That’s why Little has left me so underwhelmed. My vote for him is just a down payment. He wants it again and again before I get my money.

The policy-on-promise wasn’t in his speech. You have to go to the policy detail for that.

It shows Little’s policy not fully kicking in until 2025 – three elections away.

I vote for Little in 2017, I get a year free post-school education. I vote for him again in 2020, I get another year. I vote for him a third time in 2023 and I get my third year. That’s a lot of voting for not much, a long way off.

Little takes seven Budgets to deliver his promise.

As I predicted, it would just be days before the whole thing would fall apart under a little bit of scrutiny.

It shouldn’t have taken Labour two years and a panel of experts to produce such policy. Laila Harre and Hone Harawira and internet Mana promised “free tertiary education” at the last election.

They didn’t need Labour’s “Future of Work Commission” with its “sleeves rolled up” to get to it. They just promised it. And it was for immediate implementation. They believed in their policy.

Jim Anderton’s old Alliance party also promised free tertiary education. And the Greens still do to this day.

I suspect Labour’s promise of free “post-school” education will have worn a little thin by next year’s election. And even thinner by election 2023.

I miss Clark. She knew how to bribe voters.

Each election was a fresh and exciting promise with other people’s money. You did your voting, and you got your money. It seemed somehow more honest.

And that’s why Labour are in no state to take over from National.

Last year they had a good year by not going backwards.  That’s as exciting as it got.   And as I’ve explained, it’s because it was a year of reflection, ejecting things that were already dead in the water, and not saying much of anything.

As soon as policy rears its head?   Back to the Labour we all know and love.  No matter the leader, in the end it has no major effect in and of itself, their policies are complete lunacy, ill conceived and do not stand examination.

– Rodney Hide, NZ Herald
by Cameron Slater on February 7, 2016 at 1:30pm
Report Spam   Logged
Kiwithrottlejockey
Admin Staff
XNC2 GOD

Having fun in the hills!

« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2016, 02:33:01 pm »

Yet more Cameron Slater retarded bullshit.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: