Xtra News Community 2
April 19, 2024, 07:21:33 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to Xtra News Community 2 — please also join our XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP.

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links BITEBACK! XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP Staff List Login Register  

ROFLMAO: Trump & Palin … DUMB & DUMBER … for the benefit of DUMBARSES

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ROFLMAO: Trump & Palin … DUMB & DUMBER … for the benefit of DUMBARSES  (Read 242 times)
Kiwithrottlejockey
Admin Staff
XNC2 GOD

Having fun in the hills!

« on: January 21, 2016, 03:28:52 pm »

from The Washington Post....

In Oklahoma, the Trump and Palin tornadoes collide

By JOSE A. DELREAL and JENNA JOHNSON | 9:14PM EST - Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Sarah Palin hugs GOP presidential candidate Donald Trump at a rally in Tulsa, Oklahoma, on Wednesday. — Photograph: Brandi Simons/Associated Press.
Sarah Palin hugs GOP presidential candidate Donald Trump at a rally in Tulsa, Oklahoma, on Wednesday.
 — Photograph: Brandi Simons/Associated Press.

TULSA, OKLAHOMA — The day started, like so many others before, with Sarah Palin going rogue.

The frenzied media storm that whirls around the former Alaska governor collided on Wednesday with the billionaire whose understanding of media spectacle has made him the strongest political force this election cycle.

Palin was nowhere to be found on Wednesday morning during a planned joint appearance with Donald Trump in Norwalk, Iowa, part of a campaign swing through the Hawkeye State meant to highlight her high-profile endorsement of Trump the day before.

That endorsement flew off script after news broke that Palin's eldest son, Track Palin, had been arrested on domestic assault charges.

For many, the pileup of national political theater and family drama carried surreal echoes of the 2008 election, when Palin was catapulted to the national stage as the Republican presidential nominee, Senator John McCain (Republican-Arizona), made her his unexpected running mate. The campaign was quickly consumed by Palin's persona and family, including the revelation that Palin’s teenage daughter was pregnant.

Now there is a different Republican candidate, but the same Sarah Palin.

As reporters hounded the campaign with questions about Palin's whereabouts and whether she would attend the second event of the day in Oklahoma, thousands of voters gathered outside Oral Roberts University’s Mabee Center in Tulsa for a chance to see Trump.

Many voters in the crowd said they had not heard about Palin's most recent family problems. Several more said they were not aware she would be in attendance. The audience of about 8,000 sang along to “Hey Jude” and “Rocket Man” — until they grew restless waiting for Trump, who was late. As the songs began repeating, the crowd erupted into boos and shouts of “Trump! Trump! Trump!”

The flamboyant businessman finally appeared on stage an hour behind schedule. Trump appeared first and introduced Palin, then she introduced him back.

“I just want to introduce somebody very quickly, a very special person, a wonderful person, and then I'm going to come right back and we're going to have fun today,” Trump said with a deep sigh. “We're going to have fun. We're going to have so much fun. We're going to talk about how great our country will be.”

After she took the stage, Palin addressed her son's legal problems by alluding to his difficulty adjusting to civilian life after serving in the Army during the Iraq war.

Track Palin allegedly struck his girlfriend on Monday with a closed fist and threatened to shoot himself with an AR-15 rifle, according to a police affidavit.

Sarah Palin knocked President Obama's record on veterans issues as she spoke, accusing him of failing to look after wounded warriors.

“I can talk personally about this. I guess it's kind of the elephant in the room, because my own family going through what we're going through today with my son, a combat vet having served in a Stryker brigade…. Like so many others, they come back a bit different. They come back hardened,” Palin told the crowd.

If the man she was on stage with were anyone but Trump, she may have stolen the show. Instead, they embraced before he took the microphone and began his typically raucous stump speech. She left the stage and fell out of sight.

“I love it. We've been to a couple of these [political events] and this is by far the wildest, best one. We had to wait an hour to get in but it was worth it,” said John Schwartz of Broken Arrow, Oklahoma.

When asked if they were excited to see Palin, many said they were there to see Trump but that they believed Palin could help him appeal to more voters.

She is, they said, at the very least entertaining.

“If you've ever been to a concert, she was like the starter band,” Schwartz said. “Though it actually surprised me how long she spoke.”

Art Matzkvech of Tulsa laughed when asked if he thought there was any risk of Palin overshadowing Trump.

“No,” he said with a smile.

“I mean, I do think of the word ‘rogue’ when I think of her,” Matzkvech said. “I wanted to see him speak today, to see him in person.”

• Johnson reported from Norwalk, Iowa.

• Jose A. DelReal covers national politics for The Washington Post.

• Jenna Johnson is a political reporter who is covering the 2016 presidential campaign.

Read more on this topic:

• Trump receives key endorsement from Sarah Palin

• Trump and Palin: Just deserts for the right-wing racket

• Sarah Palin joked about running with Trump almost a year ago

• Sarah Palin's rambling, remarkable and at times hard to understand endorsement of Donald Trump

• Did you notice Sarah Palin’s sweater? Good. You were supposed to.

• Palin and Trump are right for each other

• Palin joins Trump in call to ‘make America great again’

• The difference between Palin and Trump? Trump wields a bullhorn; Palin carries a dog whistle.

• The ballad of Donald and Sarah

• Sarah Palin cost John McCain 2 million votes in 2008, according to a study

• Sarah Palin's son Track arrested at her home on domestic assault charges

• Sarah Palin connects son's arrest to Obama’s record on veterans' issues

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/in-oklahoma-the-trump-and-palin-tornadoes-collide/2016/01/20/664b382c-bfb6-11e5-83d4-42e3bceea902_story.html
Report Spam   Logged

If you aren't living life on the edge, you're taking up too much space! 

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

reality
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2016, 03:31:59 pm »

..good to see Sarah Palin stays in good shape Tongue..a sign of good self discipline Roll Eyes
Report Spam   Logged
Kiwithrottlejockey
Admin Staff
XNC2 GOD

Having fun in the hills!

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2016, 06:17:08 pm »

Report Spam   Logged

reality
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2016, 06:32:25 pm »

..yeah ..nah..I'm still backing John Key's pick for pres Wink
Report Spam   Logged
Im2Sexy4MyPants
Absolutely Fabulously Incredibly Shit-Hot Member

« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2016, 12:45:55 am »

i dont think anyone could be as dumb as george bush

i see all the worlds elite dont want him to win so he would get my vote
Report Spam   Logged

Are you sick of the bullshit from the sewer stream media spewed out from the usual Ken and Barby dickless talking point look a likes.

If you want to know what's going on in the real world...
And the many things that will personally effect you.
Go to
http://www.infowars.com/

AND WAKE THE F_ _K UP
Kiwithrottlejockey
Admin Staff
XNC2 GOD

Having fun in the hills!

« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2016, 08:41:59 am »

from the Los Angeles Times....

Conservatism redefined as Palin and Schlafly stump for Trump

By DAVID HORSEY | 12:00 NOON PST - Thursday, January 21, 2016

IN HER endorsement speech on behalf of Donald Trump, Sarah Palin mentioned “squirmishes that have been running on for centuries” in reference to the endless battles between factions in the Middle East. Palin's malapropism was just one of many weird passages in her 20-minute riff, and standing awkwardly next to Palin, the front-runner for the Republican presidential nomination looked slightly “squirmish”, if not squeamish.

Nevertheless, Palin's jump onto the Trump bandwagon was good news for The Donald. It is yet another indication that many people who consider themselves to be conservatives are not especially troubled by Trump's weak credentials as a true conservative ideologue. This is because, for many voters on the right, being conservative is less about political philosophy than it is about fear — fear that the United States is being transformed by immigrants taking the jobs of working-class whites, secularists undermining the nation's Christian identity and feminized liberal elitists appeasing black activists and foreign terrorists.

Throughout her brief but audacious career as a political personality, Palin has shown herself to be one of these emotive conservatives. She appeals to gut instincts and simmering anger, not to anyone's intellect. It is no surprise she has found common cause with her fellow reality show celebrity, the very emotive Mr. Trump. It is somewhat more surprising, though, that Trump has also won the support of another queen of the right wing, the woman who has been a major player in the conservative movement for more than half a century, Phyllis Schlafly.

The 91-year-old Schlafly first gained notoriety in the early 1960s with publication of her book, A Choice Not An Echo. It was a political manifesto that inspired the conservative insurgents who seized the Republican presidential nomination for Arizona Senator Barry Goldwater in 1964. Back then, Schlafly contended that “kingmakers” were controlling the Republican Party and making of it a mere echo of the Democrats. Schlafly believes that is still true, and her assessment resonates well with the current grass-roots antipathy to Republican leaders who have done little for average working folks while serving the needs of the big-money donors who finance their campaigns.

In an interview with the conservative blog site Breitbart, Schlafly called Trump the “only hope to defeat the kingmakers.” She buys into Trump's boast that because he is himself a billionaire, he does not need to beg for money from other billionaires the way his competitors for the nomination must do. Trump is the only one who can stand up to the multinational corporations and other major donors whose prime concern is advancing their financial interests, Schlafly said.

“Republicans ought to be a grass-roots party,” she said. “And the grass roots certainly agree with Donald Trump on most issues, but certainly on the immigration issue. I certainly think he represents everything the grass roots want.”

The emergence of a powerful right-wing populism is becoming the big story of the 2016 presidential campaign. The white working-class voters who are a key demographic in the Republican base seem to have concluded — not unlike the progressives who are boosting Democratic presidential contender Bernie Sanders — that the political system is rigged against them to favor Wall Street wheeler-dealers and corporations that ship American jobs abroad and favor open borders to let in cheap labor. Republican elected officials who, by traditional measures, have nearly spotless conservative records — men such as Florida Senator Marco Rubio and Speaker of the House Paul Ryan — are not trusted by the populists. Schlafly castigated Rubio and Ryan for “not representing what grass-roots Republicans want.” That view is shared by many of the loud voices on conservative talk radio, including the loudest of them all, Rush Limbaugh.

And so the man who has lived a gold-plated life with a series of trophy wives, the man who not that long ago called himself a Democrat, the man who favored a national healthcare plan, the man who called himself pro-choice, the man who gave wads of money to gain favor with numerous politicians, including Hillary Clinton — that man, Donald J. Trump, has smoothly rebranded himself to become the trusted voice of angry, conservative grass-roots voters. It is a bizarre twist that has the potential to transform the Grand Old Party into something even Barry Goldwater would not recognize.

http://www.latimes.com/opinion/topoftheticket/la-na-tt-conservatism-redefined-20160121-story.html
Report Spam   Logged

Kiwithrottlejockey
Admin Staff
XNC2 GOD

Having fun in the hills!

« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2016, 09:26:08 am »

Identical Cousins
(click on the cartoon to view the source and read the words to the Theme song from The Donald and Sarah Show: “Identical Cousins!”)
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: