Xtra News Community 2
March 28, 2024, 10:18:03 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to Xtra News Community 2 — please also join our XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP.

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links BITEBACK! XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP Staff List Login Register  

While John Key fiddles…

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: While John Key fiddles…  (Read 249 times)
Kiwithrottlejockey
Admin Staff
XNC2 GOD

Having fun in the hills!

« on: January 06, 2016, 04:16:57 pm »

Report Spam   Logged

If you aren't living life on the edge, you're taking up too much space! 

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

reality
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2016, 04:30:20 pm »

...is that Barrack (cry baby) Obama?   Cry
Report Spam   Logged
Kiwithrottlejockey
Admin Staff
XNC2 GOD

Having fun in the hills!

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2016, 04:32:30 pm »

Report Spam   Logged

Kiwithrottlejockey
Admin Staff
XNC2 GOD

Having fun in the hills!

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2016, 04:33:06 pm »

...is that Barrack (cry baby) Obama?   Cry

Yeah....he's playing golf with a stupid idiot.
Report Spam   Logged

reality
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2016, 04:50:27 pm »

"Mr Press" is lucky JK is not Bob Jones.....or he would have got a fully deserved punch in the face....resulting in a bloody nose Wink
Report Spam   Logged
reality
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2016, 05:32:16 am »

....racism is not a good look for labour

Twyford's seat targeted after Chinese-names furore

5:00 AM Thursday Jan 14, 2016

A former Labour member plans to run a candidate in Te Atatu in protest at Phil Twyford's use of Chinese-sounding names to analyse Auckland property purchases.

Former Labour staffer and political commentator Phil Quin, who resigned as a Labour member over the data analysis which he called racial profiling, said he hoped the candidate would win enough votes in 2017 to oust Mr Twyford from the seat. Mr Quin told the Herald he was searching for a candidate who could run as an alternative for Labour voters who had been made uncomfortable by Mr Twyford's use of the housing data.

"I don't expect such a campaign to win more than a couple of thousand votes - not nearly enough to win, but enough to force Twyford to rely on his high list ranking."

If such a campaign were successful it would not damage the Labour Party overall or the number of MPs it would take into Parliament, Mr Quin said. "I'm not interested in helping National - that runs counter to my life's work to date - and MMP allows us to target electorate MPs without affecting overall parliamentary representation."

Mr Twyford won Te Atatu with a majority of 2813 votes and was promoted from fifth to fourth in a reshuffle of Labour 's caucus rankings at the end of November.

Responding to Mr Quin's plan, he said: "My constituents will decide whether to keep me on or not. In the meantime, I'll just keep working hard for the electorate."

Mr Twyford created a storm of controversy last year when he highlighted the large number of Chinese-sounding names on a list of 4000 residential purchases in Auckland.

He has pressed ahead with a private member's bill that would ban foreign property speculation, and will be debated soon after Parliament resumes next month.

"My bill is needed. New Zealand homes will continue to be very attractive to cashed-up foreign speculators," Mr Twyford said.

If nobody stepped up, Mr Quin said he could reluctantly run as a candidate himself.

- NZ Herald
Report Spam   Logged
Kiwithrottlejockey
Admin Staff
XNC2 GOD

Having fun in the hills!

« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2016, 08:15:47 am »

Hahaha....John Key's boyfriend decided he didn't love the idiot after all and got engaged to his long-term woman friend.

Oh, dear, how sad!

Not to worry....John Key could always get hitched up to his secret admirer, reality, instead.... 

Report Spam   Logged

reality
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2016, 09:33:12 am »

Labour V Labour.....always good to see some competition Tongue
Report Spam   Logged
Kiwithrottlejockey
Admin Staff
XNC2 GOD

Having fun in the hills!

« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2016, 12:47:17 pm »

Tasteless
Report Spam   Logged

Kiwithrottlejockey
Admin Staff
XNC2 GOD

Having fun in the hills!

« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2016, 12:47:33 pm »

Report Spam   Logged

Crusader
« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2016, 02:46:29 pm »

Someone's going senile, they've posted the same cartoons in two separate threads.
Report Spam   Logged
Kiwithrottlejockey
Admin Staff
XNC2 GOD

Having fun in the hills!

« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2016, 03:04:46 pm »

Just using a scatter-gun approach to compensate for the fact that threads disappear willy-nilly into The Biffo Room.

The more threads I post stuff to, the greater the chance at least one will remain in the General Forum messageboard.

It's like long-standing threads about nutters running amok with guns shooting people in the USA and long-standing threads about the American Freak Show disappeared into The Biffo Room. So now I don't bother putting posts like that into existing threads, because all it takes is one moderator to chuck the thread into The Biffo Room and the whole lot disappear from the General Forum messageboard. So now I chuck posts about those sorts of topics straight into the messageboard instead of into already existing threads....that way, the whole lot don't end up disappearing into The Biffo Room in one go.
Report Spam   Logged

Alicat
« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2016, 03:58:26 pm »

Just using a scatter-gun approach to compensate for the fact that threads disappear willy-nilly into The Biffo Room.

The more threads I post stuff to, the greater the chance at least one will remain in the General Forum messageboard.

It's like long-standing threads about nutters running amok with guns shooting people in the USA and long-standing threads about the American Freak Show disappeared into The Biffo Room. So now I don't bother putting posts like that into existing threads, because all it takes is one moderator to chuck the thread into The Biffo Room and the whole lot disappear from the General Forum messageboard. So now I chuck posts about those sorts of topics straight into the messageboard instead of into already existing threads....that way, the whole lot don't end up disappearing into The Biffo Room in one go.

Threads are put in the Biffo Room for good reason. There is nothing to stop you and Reality continuing your argy bargy in there rather than starting new threads with the same topic with the same inevitable decline into name calling and tit for tat.

Report Spam   Logged
guest49
« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2016, 04:22:24 pm »

Well said!

Threads are put in the Biffo Room for good reason. There is nothing to stop you and Reality continuing your argy bargy in there rather than starting new threads with the same topic with the same inevitable decline into name calling and tit for tat.

Report Spam   Logged
Alicat
« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2016, 05:10:49 pm »

I made a promise that any thread that turned into insults and name calling between members would end up in the Biffo Room and I have and will continue to make good on that promise.

It has been made clear that other members are fed up with threads being hijacked and sabotaged. There are a few of us Moderators who are keeping an eye on the Board and we will not hesitate to continue removing threads to the Biffo Room so get used to it.

The Biffo Room is where those threads belong.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2016, 06:12:14 pm by Alicat » Report Spam   Logged
reality
« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2016, 08:39:50 pm »

""Your Prime Minister is looked on favourably by our government and the governments are sort of the same political stripe - there seems to be a general idea of individual self-reliance and supporting individuals to look after their own lives."

...John Key gets alot of respect from world leaders...its a good sign that we have a good PM Tongue

Australian Govt looking to NZ for welfare reforms

Duty Minister Anne Tolley said the Government's investment approach to welfare reform "produces better results for the people you’re trying to help".

Australia's plans to follow New Zealand's lead on welfare reforms show our traditional role as an "experimental jurisdiction" for Australian policy changes, an academic says.

Australian media have said their government is looking to New Zealand for inspiration as it pushes welfare reform towards the top of its agenda to cut back rising social security payments across the ditch.

The Government's "investment model", which uses statistical risk valuations to establish lifetime costs of welfare systems and specific groups of people who use it, was singled out in a report last year for the Australian government on its current welfare system.

The report, led by former charity chief executive Patrick McClure, made a number of references to New Zealand's approach, saying it was "focused on getting people into jobs through investment in evidence-based services where return on investment is likely to be highest".

"These principles have potential to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of social support services in Australia."

The Australian government included $34 million in funding in its last Budget to develop its own "investment approach" over four years.

Miranda Stewart, director of the Australian National University's Tax and Transfer Policy Institute, said the praise for New Zealand's welfare approach was the most recent example of Australia taking its lead from its smaller neighbour.

"I think New Zealand is seen as a little bit of an experimental jurisdiction for Australia - I don't meant that in an offensive way at all.

"It's obviously a smaller population, and a unitary state, so its policy-making is simpler."

Stewart said Australia had followed New Zealand in a number of other policy areas, such as fringe benefit tax and higher education loans.

The strong relationship between Prime Minister John Key and recent Australian counterparts was also a factor, she said.

"Your Prime Minister is looked on favourably by our government, and the governments are sort of the same political stripe - there seems to be a general idea of individual self-reliance and supporting individuals to look after their own lives."

Critics of New Zealand's welfare reforms and investment approach have suggested they do not properly account for the benefits of welfare programmes to those who need them.

'TAILORED TO AUSTRALIA'

A spokesman for Australian social services minister Christian Porter said while Australia's investment approach would build on lessons from New Zealand, "it will be tailored to Australian circumstances".

"The McClure Report reference group consulted with relevant New Zealand officials as part of developing its recommendations, and saw value in the way the actuarial valuations have driven policy investment in New Zealand based on sound evidence."

Duty Minister Anne Tolley said the Government did not want to comment on what Australia was doing, but the investment approach "makes good sense" in New Zealand.

"By investing money earlier where it has the biggest impact, you produce better results for the people you're trying to help – and it reduces long term costs to the taxpayer."

- Stuff
Report Spam   Logged
reality
« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2016, 03:37:31 am »

...I dont care where....as long as I'm mayor ...and there is a well stocked trough Tongue

MPs break ranks on TPP

5:00 AM Thursday Jan 28, 2016

Phil Goff, could cross the floor of Parliament to vote with National if Labour opposes enabling legislation. Photo / Nick Reed

Two senior Labour MPs have broken ranks with the party line and declared their support for the Trans Pacific Partnership (TPP), amid rumours that at least one, Phil Goff, could cross the floor of Parliament to vote with National if Labour opposes enabling legislation.

The issue was hotly debated at the Labour caucus retreat in Wairarapa this week.

Labour has joined the campaign to oppose the deal as the focus turns to the signing in Auckland next week.

Mr Goff, a former leader and former Trade Minister and now an Auckland mayoral candidate, and David Shearer, also a former Labour leader, last night told the Herald they both still supported the TPP.

Mr Goff said the deal should be signed.

Former Labour Prime Minister Helen Clark also backed the TPP among 12 countries and it was begun under her leadership. Mr Goff was Trade Minister.

Labour has decided to oppose the TPP on the grounds that it undermines New Zealand's sovereignty.

Mr Goff did not blatantly criticise Labour's position. But he effectively dismissed that view and the suggestion that Labour would not be able to prevent foreign investors buying New Zealand residential property.

"Every time you sign any international agreement you give away a degree of your sovereignty." He cited the China free trade deal negotiated when he was Trade Minister.

"We gave up the sovereign right to impose tariffs against China when we signed up to the China free trade agreement. But it came with quid pro quos. China gave up its right to impose huge tariffs on us.

"That's what an international agreement is; it's an agreement to follow a particular course of action and a limitation on your ability to take action against the other country.

"You have the ultimate right of sovereignty that you can back out of an agreement - with all the cost that that incurs."

The TPP obliges member Governments to treat investors from member countries as though they were domestic unless exceptions are written into the agreement. Labour wanted an exception written in for investors in residential housing but National did not seek it.

Mr Goff is critical of National for choosing not to do that.

"But there is more than one way to skin that particular cat," he said. "We retained the right to make it financially undesirable or unattractive to buy up residential property in New Zealand.

"You can still impose, as Singapore and Hong Kong do, stamp duty on foreign investors."

Mr Shearer told the Herald that his position on the TPP was unchanged and "certainly after reading the NIA [national interest analysis]" that was to support the deal.

Mr Shearer would not comment on whether he would cross the floor.

Mr Goff said he had no comment to make on crossing the floor "at this stage".

"My caucus knows exactly what my views are on TPP."

Labour leader Andrew Little told the Herald last night that Labour would support tariff-reducing legislation but would oppose any measures if they undermined sovereignty, expressly the issue of selling houses to foreigners, and anything that allowed foreigners to have a say on New Zealand laws.

"As a caucus we don't support the TPPA in its current form."

Mr Little said Mr Goff had made his view known to him and to the caucus and they understood his position because he was close to the TPP.

He said the issue of crossing the floor was a matter for future discussion.

Asked if there would be any consequences for Mr Goff and Mr Shearer for supporting the TPP, he said there was an understanding about Mr Goff.

"Anybody else in caucus, that'll be a matter for myself and/or caucus."

- NZ Herald
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: