Xtra News Community 2
March 29, 2024, 03:55:40 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to Xtra News Community 2 — please also join our XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP.

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links BITEBACK! XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP Staff List Login Register  

wtf

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: wtf  (Read 267 times)
donquixotenz@hotmail.com

wtf
« on: December 29, 2015, 06:29:29 am »

have tried to login as usual and bloody site tells me don does not exist so enrolled again and have lost everyting and now a newby. can this be fixed... AS I HAVE BEEN UNABLE TO ACESS ANY HOTMAIL MAIL FOR SOME TIME PLEASE DO NOT TRY TO CONTACT ME VIA HOT MAIL.PRIVATE MESSAGE ME AND I WILL GIVE YOU MY AVAILABLE BUT CONFIDENTIAL EMAIL ADRESS.
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

guest49
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2015, 06:36:30 am »

You are still shown on the member list with an Xtra email Don
Report Spam   Logged
Alicat
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2015, 07:52:09 am »

Don PM KTJ - he may be able to help you. He's possibly working but will get to you when he can.
Report Spam   Logged
donquixotenz@hotmail.com

« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2015, 07:52:46 am »

hmmmm. recently changed email address to xtra account and hid it from public. I wonder if that's why I have lost don. and now can only log in a donqiuxote @Hotmail.com. no idea how to get don back grrr.
Report Spam   Logged
Alicat
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2015, 07:54:13 am »

hmmmm. recently changed email address to xtra account and hid it from public. I wonder if that's why I have lost don. and now can only log in a donqiuxote @Hotmail.com. no idea how to get don back grrr.

Don't give up yet - see what KTJ can do. From memory he has sorted a few other techno hitches out that were similar to yours. Send him a PM.
Report Spam   Logged
nitpicker1
XNC2 GOD

Nothing sexceeds like sexcess

« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2015, 07:56:30 am »

You are still shown on the member list with an Xtra email Don

Yep, still tilting there and the @hotmail showed on line green light when I looked in.

Maybe TJ will be in soon and fix it
Report Spam   Logged

"Life might not be the party you were expecting, but you're here now, so you may as well get up and dance"
donquixotenz@hotmail.com

« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2015, 08:02:51 am »

yep but want don back. thks have pm'd ktj hopefully he can help fix when he is able. cheers
Report Spam   Logged
Alicat
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2015, 08:05:17 am »

yep but want don back. thks have pm'd ktj hopefully he can help fix when he is able. cheers

He may be working but I'm sure will get back to you once he is able to. We want Don back too
Report Spam   Logged
donquixotenz@hotmail.com

« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2015, 08:36:20 am »

thanks
Report Spam   Logged
Kiwithrottlejockey
Admin Staff
XNC2 GOD

Having fun in the hills!

« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2015, 11:42:40 am »

Hi DonQ, I just checked and your original “ donquixotenz” ID is still a current member, so it can be recovered (if you had accidently terminated your membership, it would have been unrecoverable).

It is possible you have a corrupted password, so the first thing I'd look at would be to reset your password.

There is no facility with these SMF-hosted groups for a member to reset their own password once they have lost (or forgotten) it, but it is possible for somebody with member administration tools to reset a password, although it is a long and involved process. I have done it for a couple of members a few years ago, but I'd have to scratch my head and have a think to work out how to do it again. The group's Global Moderators have the tools to do it, although I doubt if either of them have ever gone there and it could take them hours to work out how to do it, so it would probably be best if I log-in as an administrator and reset your password myself (once I've worked it out again).

Because of the security and privacy implications, I'd prefer that you be online while I do it, so you can immediately change the temporary access password I create to another password of your own choosing. Is the xtra.co.nz email address associated with your ID still current? If it is, I can use that email address to send you a temporary password you can then use to log-in to your original ID, then change that temporary password to something else. I'll reply to your personal message, then await a reply to let me know you are online before I start working through the long, involved process to reset your password.
Report Spam   Logged

If you aren't living life on the edge, you're taking up too much space! 
Alicat
« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2015, 11:54:08 am »

Thanks KTJ
Report Spam   Logged
nitpicker1
XNC2 GOD

« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2015, 12:58:15 pm »

Seems to have been a problem with Xtra emails

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Community/MessageBoard/Messages.aspx?id=1602129&topic=4

Dunno whether it's been fixed yet
Report Spam   Logged

"Life might not be the party you were expecting, but you're here now, so you may as well get up and dance"
ssweetpea
Absolutely Fabulously Incredibly Shit-Hot Member

« Reply #12 on: December 29, 2015, 03:58:38 pm »

An xtra email address may explain a lot.

We ditched xtra at home a while ago now but I still have to deal with an xtra account at work. The connection falls over frequently some days.

MrSp still works in the industry but not for Sparkle as he refers to them when he is being nice. When he is not being nice refers to that company as Spank, which makes perfect sense if you see the sign on the top of the building in Auckland CBD from the bridge.
Report Spam   Logged

The way politicians run this country a small white cat should have no problem http://sally4mp.blogspot.com/
donquixotenz
Senator
Shit-Hot Member

STILL TILTING

« Reply #13 on: December 29, 2015, 07:26:03 pm »

ktj helped me sort it out. I'm back. thanks to all who helped try sort up my stuffup. cheers and seasons best to all
Report Spam   Logged

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body.

But rather, to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming...

WOW, What a Ride!"

Please note: IMHO and e&oe apply to all my posts.
Alicat
« Reply #14 on: December 30, 2015, 03:08:34 am »

ktj helped me sort it out. I'm back. thanks to all who helped try sort up my stuffup. cheers and seasons best to all

Excellent
Report Spam   Logged
dragontamer
« Reply #15 on: December 30, 2015, 06:32:24 am »

Brilliant! Cheesy
Report Spam   Logged
nitpicker1
XNC2 GOD

« Reply #16 on: December 30, 2015, 06:43:09 am »

Welcome home Donq!         Ty TJ.     
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: