Xtra News Community 2
April 20, 2024, 08:58:10 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to Xtra News Community 2 — please also join our XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP.

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links BITEBACK! XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP Staff List Login Register  

Has John Key no Shame?

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Has John Key no Shame?  (Read 812 times)
Alicat
« Reply #25 on: December 19, 2015, 06:40:55 am »

That is still not proof that under capitalism we are better off. Anyone can buy their way into parliament.

What he said!
Report Spam   Logged
Calliope
Incredibly Shit-Hot Member

If music be the food of love, play on

« Reply #26 on: December 19, 2015, 07:05:29 am »

[b]Has John Key No Shame[/b]

Still no-one has answered the question  Tongue

My personal opinion is that the man doesn't know the meaning of the word "Shame".

Simple Definition of shame

: a feeling of guilt, regret, or sadness that you have because you know you have done something wrong

: ability to feel guilt, regret, or embarrassment

: dishonor or disgrace

He seems incapable of accepting that he is often offensive to others (the matter of suggesting that the opposition were supporting Rapists and his refusal to apologise)
The pony tail pulling (He thought it was harmless fun)
Admitting on Radio that he "pees in the shower" (Who really wants to know)

Can anyone tell me of a time when he has actually shown real remorse for anything he has done?
Report Spam   Logged

[W]hat the internet and its cult of anonymity do is to provide a blanket sort of immunity for anybody who wants to say anything about anybody else, and it would be difficult in this sense to think of a more morally deformed exploitation of the concept of free speech.
- Richard Bernstein in the New York Times
Crusader
« Reply #27 on: December 19, 2015, 07:09:57 am »

[b]Has John Key No Shame[/b]

Still no-one has answered the question  Tongue

My personal opinion is that the man doesn't know the meaning of the word "Shame".

Simple Definition of shame

: a feeling of guilt, regret, or sadness that you have because you know you have done something wrong

: ability to feel guilt, regret, or embarrassment

: dishonor or disgrace

He seems incapable of accepting that he is often offensive to others (the matter of suggesting that the opposition were supporting Rapists and his refusal to apologise)
The pony tail pulling (He thought it was harmless fun)
Admitting on Radio that he "pees in the shower" (Who really wants to know)

Can anyone tell me of a time when he has actually shown real remorse for anything he has done?

I can't, as I haven't seen him show remorse either. He does apologise for things every now and then. But that is only after massive public pressure has made him do so.
Report Spam   Logged
reality
« Reply #28 on: December 19, 2015, 07:42:14 am »

Crusader...."Anyone can buy their way into parliament."

.....uhhmmmm...could you tell me who the last person was who "bought their way into parliament"?

...the last person I know of who tried was Kim dotcon...but that was a spectacular fail Tongue
Report Spam   Logged
Crusader
« Reply #29 on: December 19, 2015, 08:35:55 am »

Crusader...."Anyone can buy their way into parliament."

.....uhhmmmm...could you tell me who the last person was who "bought their way into parliament"?

...the last person I know of who tried was Kim dotcon...but that was a spectacular fail Tongue

From NZ Todd Barclay for starters. With enough money (he had the financial backing of the tobacco industry) you can advertise your propoganda so much that you brainwash the uneducated into voting for you.

Only the rich can afford to get into parliament which is why the common people need to rise up and take them out.
Report Spam   Logged
Calliope

« Reply #30 on: December 19, 2015, 09:34:24 am »

http://www.radionz.co.nz/news/political/292496/'prison-rape'-stunt-goes-international
Report Spam   Logged

[W]hat the internet and its cult of anonymity do is to provide a blanket sort of immunity for anybody who wants to say anything about anybody else, and it would be difficult in this sense to think of a more morally deformed exploitation of the concept of free speech.
Kiwithrottlejockey
Admin Staff
XNC2 GOD

Having fun in the hills!

« Reply #31 on: December 19, 2015, 01:11:21 pm »

Report Spam   Logged

If you aren't living life on the edge, you're taking up too much space! 
reality
« Reply #32 on: December 19, 2015, 01:20:53 pm »

What...dont tell me he is a singer as well...is there no end to his skills Roll Eyes
Report Spam   Logged
Kiwithrottlejockey
Admin Staff
XNC2 GOD

Having fun in the hills!

« Reply #33 on: December 28, 2015, 05:31:17 pm »

Report Spam   Logged

reality
« Reply #34 on: December 28, 2015, 05:43:32 pm »

lovely xmas portrait...is that the good side Roll Eyes
Report Spam   Logged
guest49
« Reply #35 on: December 29, 2015, 06:33:09 am »

I'm not sure that "The Smiling Assassin" has a good side.
Report Spam   Logged
reality
« Reply #36 on: December 29, 2015, 08:59:11 am »

..is the the same one that has the 63% job approval rating Tongue....guess the polls are  wrong Wink
Report Spam   Logged
Crusader
« Reply #37 on: December 29, 2015, 10:20:27 am »

..is the the same one that has the 63% job approval rating Tongue....guess the polls are  wrong Wink

You are like a broken record. Always going on about polls. They mean NOTHING!
Report Spam   Logged
Alicat
« Reply #38 on: December 29, 2015, 11:01:22 am »

Stats from the polls are only based on those that get to participate in those polls. Unless everyone is polled you will never get a true picture therefore the polls are a crock of shit.
Report Spam   Logged
reality
« Reply #39 on: December 29, 2015, 11:34:50 am »

crusader..."They mean NOTHING!"

...ok...thanks for that...I'll get in touch with the herald to make them aware of the situation, not to bother including them ....because no readers will believe it...silly herald Roll Eyes

ali..."therefore the polls are a crock of shit."

.......ok...thanks for that...I'll get in touch with the herald to make them aware of the situation, not to bother including them ....because no readers will believe it...silly herald Wink

Report Spam   Logged
Kiwithrottlejockey
Admin Staff
XNC2 GOD

Having fun in the hills!

« Reply #40 on: January 18, 2016, 11:50:02 am »

Report Spam   Logged

reality
« Reply #41 on: January 22, 2016, 05:09:47 am »

"I suspect the people who are vehemently opposed are, broadly speaking, opposed to free trade agreements because the arguments they have put up have been proven to be incorrect. "

...correct Wink

PM will back TPP on marae

5:00 AM Friday Jan 22, 2016

Mr Key said every free trade deal New Zealand had signed had been of net benefit to New Zealand, as TPP would be. Photo / Dean Purcell

Prime Minister John Key says he will promote the merits of the TPP free trade agreement on the lower marae at Waitangi and that overall it was an important debate for his Government to win.

"The opportunities that come from a trade deal like TPP are at the core of what we are about as a Government, which is international connectedness and greater opportunities for our people," he told the Herald last night.

Mr Key will head to Waitangi on February 5, the day after the 12-country trade deal is signed in Auckland, with protests promised by opponents, including Auckland University law professor Jane Kelsey, who believes it will severely reduce New Zealand's sovereignty.

The Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade and Trade Minister Todd McClay will also embark on roadshows for the public - which are almost certain to attract protests.

But Mr Key believes most people have a limited understanding of the deal.

"I suspect the people who are vehemently opposed are, broadly speaking, opposed to free trade agreements because the arguments they have put up have been proven to be incorrect. It doesn't matter how many times we say Jane Kelsey is actually wrong, in the end she doesn't want to believe she is wrong, and the people that follow her don't want to believe that."

An elder from Te Tii Marae, Kingi Taurua, has said Mr Key would not be welcome on February 5 after the signing.

Mr Key said every free trade deal New Zealand had signed had been of net benefit to New Zealand, as TPP would be.

Most people would see that New Zealand was going to do well out of an FTA that better linked a country of 4.5 million with hundreds of millions of income-consumers.

New Zealand already has trade agreements with six of the 11 other countries in the TPP.

It effectively means new FTAs with the US, Japan, Canada, Mexico and Peru.

After several days of criticism by Maori about the TPP, Mr McClay yesterday released a detailed written response, setting out the clauses in the agreement on the Treaty of Waitangi - effectively allowing the Government to positively discriminate against Maori.

He said the value of the Maori asset base was now over $40 billion and oriented towards the export economy.

- NZ Herald
Report Spam   Logged
reality
« Reply #42 on: January 23, 2016, 09:39:37 pm »

...wow...big ask...who else has done it?

Key sets eyes on a fourth term

5:00 AM Saturday Jan 23, 2016

A strong government performance this year is likely to win over swinging voters, PM believes.

The Prime Minister is launching into 2016 with plans to stand for an historic fourth term.

In a wide-ranging interview with the Weekend Herald about the year ahead, John Key confirmed his intention to fight another election and remain in office. "My stock standard position has been that I intend to stay for as long as I think I can add value and the party wants me," he said.

"That's my position. It's not something where I've gone away and actively considered but that is my position at the moment."

He is back at work after spending Christmas with family in his holiday home on Maui, Hawaii, followed by a road-trip with his wife, Bronagh, from Los Angeles to San Francisco.

Tomorrow afternoon he will be welcomed on to the marae at Ratana with other politicians.

And on Tuesday, after Wellington Anniversary Day on Monday, he will chair the first Cabinet of the year - although it will be without Finance Minister Bill English and Transport Minister Simon Bridges who will be visiting the Antarctic.

Mr Key said this year would be an important one for the Government because in reality, it was a lot harder to get things done next year.

He believed people cemented their voting intentions a lot earlier than many commentators thought.

"I'm not saying campaigns don't matter at the margins - they certainly can and do change voting patterns within the margins and within different blocs. But if swinging voters see a strong performance this year, they are much more likely to vote for us next year."

He said he wanted this year to be similar to other years in which he tried to deliver results "to keep earning the right to be there".

He implied there was disconnection between National's high poll rating (51.3 per cent in the December DigiPoll survey) and what he called "the noise" in the media about the Government's performance.

"The things that people really look to the Government for, economic performance, health, education, law and order, the Government has been delivering improving results to people."

I intend to stay for as long as I think I can add value and the party wants me.
John Key, Prime Minister
Asked how he was going to lift living standards for New Zealanders he said: "In the same way we have in the past. In the main areas that count for people: interest rates, inflation, and real growth, you've got to have them occurring in a positive way."

Auckland was a market dominated by people with larger mortgages because of high house prices.

"For those people and for that group of voters, the two things that are really critical are interest rates staying low and the job market staying strong. So if they lose their job there is opportunity and that their mortgages don't climb despite the nominal size of their mortgage."

Auckland housing would continue to be a big focus of attention this year to avoid a housing bubble and to help first-home buyers get on to the ladder.

"But I don't think there is ever going to be one single thing you can do."

Everything the Government had done had generally been working.

"I suspect you'll see increases in house prices this year but at a much lower rate than we saw in 2015."

Radio spots a slippery job
John Key says he won't change his approach to commercial radio despite being lured into a cage in a studio where he became part of a "gag" about male rape in prisons.

He left for a Christmas holiday in Hawaii and California without commenting on publicity around the antics but, in his first interview of the new year, he told the Weekend Herald there were always risks with commercial radio.

"If I really want to eliminate all those risks, I'd have to stop going on them," he said. "I'm not going to stop going on commercial radio stations because, in the end, that has been an important way for me to communicate with a broad audience, some of whom are only very tangentially interested in politics."

He said he had had no idea what The Rock had in store for him when he was asked to join Tom Furniss in a cage in the studio, other than the host was going to get "100 likes" on Facebook if he joined him.

Once he was inside, Furniss asked him to pick up a bar of soap, which he did, not knowing it was a reference to prison rape.

He said he had not known what the context was around the reference. And in fact when the host dropped the soap, he had said it had been in the toilet.

"That's what I thought the joke was. I can't stop these guys from doing some slightly crazy stuff.

"All I could do is not go on any of those shows but there are an awful lot of commercial radio stations and I'm on a hell of a lot of them during the course of the year."

- NZ Herald
Report Spam   Logged
reality
« Reply #43 on: January 24, 2016, 03:02:10 pm »

PM to be given 'message of caution' at Ratana Pa

12:13 PM Sunday Jan 24, 2016

Prime Minister John Key is expected to be given a message of caution about the Trans Pacific Partnership when he arrives at Ratana Pa today.

However, the expected throng of protesters is yet to arrive. Today is the first political outing of the year and will be attended by politicians from most parties in Parliament, including Labour leader Andrew Little.

The looming signing of the TPP on February 4 is set to be a lightning rod for protest.

But Ratana elders have warned that the annual celebrations of the birth of the Church founder Tahupotiki Wiremu Ratana is a peaceful occasion and that protesters should act accordingly.

In respect of that, the protesters appear to have settled for standing on the roadside just outside the village gates where the Prime Minister will drive past.

Mr Little could also face some criticism for his description of the event as a "bit of a beauty parade" last year. Labour has had an alliance with the Church since 1936.

- NZ Herald
Report Spam   Logged
Alicat
« Reply #44 on: January 24, 2016, 04:14:01 pm »

Report Spam   Logged
Calliope

« Reply #45 on: January 24, 2016, 05:27:30 pm »

Is anyone we know downwind of that?
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: