Xtra News Community 2
April 20, 2024, 11:35:38 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to Xtra News Community 2 — please also join our XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP.

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links BITEBACK! XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP Staff List Login Register  

Do we have a fat people problem

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Do we have a fat people problem  (Read 222 times)
reality
« on: December 12, 2015, 06:06:25 pm »

..Fat People will cost us more ....who pays?
..should people be responsible for their own weaknesses..or should we all pay?
...should a person twice your size and weight requiring two(2) airliner seats...pay twice the fare..or should you contribute to their fare?

CLAIM: FAT CHICKS AS BIG A THREAT AS TERRORISM

The UK’s Chief Medical Officer says the obesity threat for fat chicks is as big a risk as terrorism.

Obesity poses as big a risk to the nation as terrorism, says the Chief Medical Officer.

Dame Sally Davies wants the obesity crisis in women to be classed alongside flooding and major outbreaks of disease – as well as the threat from violent extremism.

Her extraordinary claim comes as she warns today that being overweight affects all stages of women’s lives – including in the womb.

It may lead them to being teased as teenagers, having higher-risk pregnancies and possibly developing breast cancer or heart disease after the menopause. 

‘Action is required across all of society to prevent obesity and its associated problems from shortening women’s lives and affecting their quality of life,’ she will say.

She will also urge that mothers-to-be should ‘not to eat for two’ because it is fuelling the obesity crisis.

The advice is a ‘myth’ and women who are too fat are not only jeopardising their own health, they also risk storing up problems for their unborn children.

Expectant mothers who are overweight or obese are far more likely to suffer miscarriages, develop dangerously high blood pressure or complications that make them infertile.

Their babies also have a higher risk of becoming obese and there is evidence they may struggle to have their own children when older.

Not only do we need a Fat bastards Tax, it seems we need a Fat Chicks Tax as well.

– The Daily Mail
by Cameron Slater on December 12, 2015 at 5:30pm
« Last Edit: December 13, 2015, 07:07:38 am by reality » Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

reality
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2016, 05:06:54 pm »

...bloody good idea..tax the cause..just like the climate change carbon tax...fat people are creating more carbon Roll Eyes

TIME FOR A FAT-BASTARD TAX

Forget sugar taxes, fat taxes or anything else based on ingredients. We should be taxing the fatty not the food the fatty scoffs.

Kiwis are porky and dangerously deluded about it, a new study has found.

While we might tout ourselves as a sports-mad nation, the reality is most of us are hopelessly inactive.

According to a study comparing 11 countries, Kiwis were not only the chubbiest, but were “wildly off the mark” in estimating how fat they were.

While six in 10 were overweight or obese, most thought only 45 per cent of us fitted that description, independent research for the annual Cigna 360° Wellbeing Score found.

Health and nutrition experts are not surprised. “I think it’s normal to be overweight now,” New Zealand Nutrition Foundation dietitian Sarah Hanrahan said. 

“More than half the population is overweight. You will see more overweight than you will see within the normal weight range, and in some parts of town it will be even more than that.”

University of Otago professor in human nutrition and medicine Jim Mann said that, in general, people underestimated how many of their peers were overweight and obese.

“We know from proper scientific research that people underestimate obesity in children because we’ve got so used to seeing children who are fat.”

New Zealand researchers found parents tended to think of normal-weight children as underweight, and overweight children as normal, he said.

People tended to underestimate their own weights as well, Edgar National Centre for Diabetes and Obesity Research associate professor Rachael Taylor said.

“People are also not comfortable using some of the terminology. “Obese”, for instance, is seen by many as very, very discriminatory. People tend to equate that word with morbid obesity.”

She pointed out that a woman about 1.67m (5ft 5˝in) tall who weighed 86 kilograms would be medically classed as obese, but not by their peers.

“The majority of adults would probably refer to this as overweight, but not obese per se.”

The other thing that would help is to stop calling fat bastards silly things like “plus sized”. They’re fat, they eat too much, end of story.

Start taxing the fat bastard not the fat…give people incentives to lower their weight.

– Fairfax
by Cameron Slater on February 11, 2016 at 3:30pm
Report Spam   Logged
Kiwithrottlejockey
Admin Staff
XNC2 GOD

Having fun in the hills!

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2016, 06:16:57 pm »

Yet more Cameron Slater retarded bullshit.

Anyway, the Nats could have done something about it.

But the Nats CHOSE to bring back fatty food in school tuckshops.

The Nats CHOSE to do nothing about sugar-filled food and drinks by slapping a sugar tax on it.

The Nats have continually pulled money from various social and health initiatives promoting healthy lifestyles and eating.

So it's obvious where the problem is....it's all those Nats cabinet ministers and MPs who have shares in the New Zealand Sugar Refining Company and various food processors who turn our surgary and fatty food and drink products and who are more interesting in looking after the value of their shares in those companies than the health of New Zealanders.

Report Spam   Logged

If you aren't living life on the edge, you're taking up too much space! 
Kiwithrottlejockey
Admin Staff
XNC2 GOD

Having fun in the hills!

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2016, 06:17:34 pm »

Anyway, Cameron Slater can talk.

He is grossly obese.
Report Spam   Logged

If you aren't living life on the edge, you're taking up too much space! 
Crusader
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2016, 09:01:38 pm »

Cameron Slater needs to learn not to throw stones in a glass house. Stupid fat prick.

I started a sugarless diet (well thats the name but impossible to rule out sugar completely) last month coupled with some intense training for a triathlon I'm doing at the end of the year. So far I have gone from 25% body fat down to 20% and gained 2 kg in muscle mass.

Losing weight is achievable and all done without the assistance of the Government. All you need is the desire to remain healthy. But given the amount of sugar reduction I have done, a raise in taxes on sugar items wouldn't bother me.

I still think sugar companies have committed more genocide than Hitler though and probably should be stopped.   
Report Spam   Logged
Calliope
Incredibly Shit-Hot Member

If music be the food of love, play on

« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2016, 10:19:39 pm »

I love sweet foods and eat anything and everything but my weight remains constant. Incidentally I am 172cm tall and weigh 70kg
I do minimal exercise.
However, I only eat when I am hungry and then only enough to remove the hunger.
Report Spam   Logged

[W]hat the internet and its cult of anonymity do is to provide a blanket sort of immunity for anybody who wants to say anything about anybody else, and it would be difficult in this sense to think of a more morally deformed exploitation of the concept of free speech.
- Richard Bernstein in the New York Times
reality
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2016, 02:10:04 am »

Kj....."Yet more Cameron Slater retarded bullshit

But the Nats CHOSE to bring back fatty food in school tuckshops.

The Nats CHOSE to do nothing about sugar-filled food and drinks by slapping a sugar tax on it.

The Nats have continually pulled money from various social and health initiatives promoting healthy lifestyles and eating.

So it's obvious where the problem is....it's all those Nats cabinet ministers and MPs who have shares in the New Zealand Sugar Refining Company and various food processors who turn our surgary and fatty food and drink products and who are more interesting in looking after the value of their shares in those companies than the health of New Zealanders."

....OMG....and what you stuff in your face is all the govts fault.....the ultimate denialist....😮
Report Spam   Logged
reality
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2016, 02:12:56 am »

Kj...."He is grossly obese."

....good to see that is smart enough not to blame anyone....and pay the tax Wink .... Wink
Report Spam   Logged
reality
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2016, 02:36:28 am »

Crusader...."Cameron Slater needs to learn not to throw stones in a glass house. Stupid fat prick."

.....he is not complaining about being fat...just that they should be taxed.....him included...it's a good idea😉

...just as they should pay more to fly😒
Report Spam   Logged
Crusader
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2016, 05:47:53 pm »

Crusader...."Cameron Slater needs to learn not to throw stones in a glass house. Stupid fat prick."

.....he is not complaining about being fat...just that they should be taxed.....him included...it's a good idea

...just as they should pay more to fly

I agree people and their luggage should be weighed when on a plane
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: