Xtra News Community 2
March 30, 2024, 04:03:34 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to Xtra News Community 2 — please also join our XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP.

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links BITEBACK! XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP Staff List Login Register  

The Future of XNC2

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Future of XNC2  (Read 1662 times)
Alicat
« on: November 23, 2015, 08:12:42 am »

I think the time has come to consider the future of XNC2.

Firstly, this is not a knee-jerk reaction to the latest crap that is going on between KTJ and Reality.

If I'm honest, this has probably been brewing for me way back to the Newtown Fella vs Lovelee nonsense followed closely by the KTJ vs Newtown Fella issues and now Reality vs KTJ.

There was a time when we (especially the Mods and Global Mods) were regular posters on XNC2. We interacted and shared experiences, opinions, had the odd debate (and I mean debate NOT the crap that is going on these days) - but most importantly - were there for each other. I know I have made some wonderful friends (some of whom I have met and others I'd still like to meet) and will certainly continue to look on those people as friends always. Gradually, I was almost tentative when opening XNC2 - wondering what the hell I might be walking into. I'm sure I'm not the only one who felt that way. Over time, we - those who were involved on a daily basis - have shied away and post so infrequently that XNC2 is no longer an important (or happy place to visit) part of our social networking.

In my job, I deal day in and day out with all sorts of serious incidents - some of them life-threatening, some of them tragic, a lot of sad situations. I also frequently deal with petty rubbish that is not dissimilar to what has happened with XNC2. If I truly think about it, the only reason I have stayed on as a Moderator and remained part of XNC2 is because of my fellow Mods and Global Mods and some of the other past and present Members, who I have come to enjoy knowing and interacting with. To those people - I have a huge amount of respect for you all - and truly really like you all.

That said, I have to ask myself "Do I really want to continue being part of this?"

XNC2 these days mainly has three regular posters - I'm too Sexy, KTJ and Reality, with Nitz and Yak still popping in from time to time with a few posts. The rest of us tend to pop in to check up on what is happening but seldom post.

So - how do the other Moderators feel? Mrs Magoo has already removed herself as a Mod because of the earlier decline in the behaviour of some Members and Crusader has, within the last few days asked to be removed.

Is it the time to pull the pin and let KTJ and Reality just have their 'Board for Two' on what used to be XNC2?

This used to be a great Board. One where friends were made. One where issues were debated - sometimes enthusiastically. There were no insults flying nor did we have the name-calling, which has over the last few years resorted to obscene, insulting and downright rude.

There has been an increase in politically motivated threads - numerous ones started on the same topic with a few parties ramming their views on others. Anyone to disagree has been literally attacked with arrogance. We all have our views. We all have our opinions political or otherwise. We are all entitled to those opinions. We all have differing opinions on some subjects. We all believe in what we might post, but that does not give anyone the right to resort to the insults and name calling that has become common place on XNC2. Furthermore, it is obvious that there are threads started with the intent to deliberately alienate and encourage anger and negative reaction.

This Board was started by KTJ - for that we are all grateful. As I have posted - in the earlier days it was a great place to come and catch up and share our joy and frustrations, but also to be entertained. We got to know about each others lives (as much as we all were prepared to share) and in many ways got to know each other.

As for now? I dread coming in here. I dread opening my emails to see XNC2 because I know it will be yet another issue to deal with.

I have posted in the General Forum because you all need to know just how I feel. My days are numbered in here. I have had enough. I don't need this rubbish to deal with.

I know a number of other Mods feel the same way but I will leave it to them to post in here if they wish.

Now - THIS IS A WARNING ... this thread is not here for jibing, insults and name calling. This thread is so that the other Members can see what I am feeling about it all. If anyone posts anything insulting or name-calling in this thread it will be deleted forthwith. I will not have this thread used for further nonsense.

With sadness
Ali
« Last Edit: November 23, 2015, 08:23:34 am by Alicat » Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Im2Sexy4MyPants
Absolutely Fabulously Incredibly Shit-Hot Member

« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2015, 11:04:36 am »

thanks ali that clears things up a bit

i was wondering why not many people were posting

sorry if i have offended anyone in the group sometimes i get carried away and say things i later regret.

i know it's a silly idea to feed trolls but i get frustrated with someone who gets their jollies from being annoying. Roll Eyes

Report Spam   Logged

Are you sick of the bullshit from the sewer stream media spewed out from the usual Ken and Barby dickless talking point look a likes.

If you want to know what's going on in the real world...
And the many things that will personally effect you.
Go to
http://www.infowars.com/

AND WAKE THE F_ _K UP
nitpicker1
XNC2 GOD

Nothing sexceeds like sexcess

« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2015, 11:54:46 am »

oh pherrrrrk it.  

It took longer than you expected for me to get here, didn't it.

I wonder if that is because the group has foundered on the Reality reef?

I know you'll be here soon....

Just posting a WELCOME message in case I forget when you hit the magic 11,111 posts total and the door to here automatically opens for you.

I'd hate you to enter to an empty space when you become a GOD.

• I don't want to be a xnc2 god,
    I don't want to prune my messages to prevent that either,
    • so perhaps if that pherkin booby reality and/or any other stalking thread-spoiling idiot already joined that arises to take his/her/it's place is permanently removed
    • the group may (perhaps) resuscitate itself

Post script:
    [/list]
    • I don't seriously want to remove my membership

YEAHBUT

If the mods/globals were to be given tools to prune and remove the unproductive addie-gatherers who have joined the group and posted nothing other than spam I think the Group would be a better place to visit...

http://xtranewscommunity2.smfforfree.com/index.php/topic,14275.msg164889.html#new
    « Last Edit: November 23, 2015, 12:02:05 pm by nitpicker1 » Report Spam   Logged

"Life might not be the party you were expecting, but you're here now, so you may as well get up and dance"
    Justic
    Global Moderator
    Shit-Hot Member

« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2015, 02:04:22 pm »

I agree with Alicat, I like many others simply have better things to do with my life.

Unfortunately the board has become a home for a couple of "flamers" and one or two "stayers".

And yes it is sad that some members have no respect for the group or its members.  We can only assume they have no regard for the future of the group.

I guess the question is if the offenders were locked in the biffo room would some members return or could new members be encouraged ?
    Report Spam   Logged

"Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts."
    Im2Sexy4MyPants
    Absolutely Fabulously Incredibly Shit-Hot Member

« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2015, 04:29:56 pm »

now that nitz has become a demi goddess with power thunderbolts and lightning i found the perfect transport for her lol

Report Spam   Logged

Are you sick of the bullshit from the sewer stream media spewed out from the usual Ken and Barby dickless talking point look a likes.

If you want to know what's going on in the real world...
    And the many things that will personally effect you.
    Go to
    http://www.infowars.com/

AND WAKE THE F_ _K UP
    guest49
    « Reply #5 on: November 23, 2015, 04:49:07 pm »

I totally understand. I guess everything has its day and without the family atmosphere we used to have here, theres little point in trying to keep breathing life into what has become a corpse
    I have to say that I do prefer this type of board over the likes of Facebook - for one thing you can hit return without transmitting your message - and what you say doesn't go to 10 thousand "Friends"......
    Having said that, many of the lovely people I made friends with here, I have also made contact with on FB...  And if theres anywhere else to meet up - Well, some of you have my address!
    Report Spam   Logged
    Crusader
    « Reply #6 on: November 23, 2015, 06:47:41 pm »

As Alicat has mentioned, I have asked to be removed as a Mod. I'm not interested in coming in here anymore if this place is just going to be hijacked by a couple of posters hellbent on trying to get a 'one up' on each other. Remove them and this place could be good again.
    Report Spam   Logged
    Calliope
    Incredibly Shit-Hot Member

If music be the food of love, play on

« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2015, 10:03:56 pm »

It is a shame that it has come to this. I used to enjoy the debate and camaraderie that existed here but then things went downhill. I still pop in from time to time to see if anything has changed and find that certain people appear to have "dominion" over the boards.
    Thank you to all the Mods who have worked to keep things on an even keel and with the holiday season coming up may I wish you all Merry Christmas/Happy Holidays/whatever.
    Report Spam   Logged

[W]hat the internet and its cult of anonymity do is to provide a blanket sort of immunity for anybody who wants to say anything about anybody else, and it would be difficult in this sense to think of a more morally deformed exploitation of the concept of free speech.
    - Richard Bernstein in the New York Times
    Alicat
    « Reply #8 on: November 24, 2015, 07:51:21 am »

Thank you all for your comments.

I'm prepared to see if we can turn this Board around. I will not waste my time however and should things not improve then I'll be removing myself.

I would love for XNC2 to return to the happier times.
    Report Spam   Logged
    nitpicker1
    XNC2 GOD

Nothing sexceeds like sexcess

« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2015, 09:05:57 am »

Thank you all for your comments.

I'm prepared to see if we can turn this Board around. I will not waste my time however and should things not improve then I'll be removing myself.

I would love for XNC2 to return to the happier times.

tgft

Report Spam   Logged

"Life might not be the party you were expecting, but you're here now, so you may as well get up and dance"
    reality
    « Reply #10 on: November 24, 2015, 09:11:09 am »

Good

You would have noticed that lately I have been trying not to lower myself when debating to resort to insults as some other parties still are, if other parties can also try and stick to the debate it will all seem more civilised.

I think if people are not interested in a subject...there is little point in opening those threads...as I do not bother opening threads in which I have no interest.
    It does not seem logical to repeatedly open threads that you are offended by or have no interest in.

I think that enforcing minimum standards would help alot..that does not seem to have been happening with any regularity.

Also I will always take issue with anyone who I believe to be  at best wrong or at worst lying and will take people to task..is that acceptable?

We all have different political philosophies and l  like to debate the opposing views.

I am happy to take criticism as long as it is reasonable and rational.

I hope the powers that be are able have a  fair and simple system of punishments for breaching the rules, and I'm sure people will learn and refrain from offending very quickly.

Ok..now I will brace myself for the comments....or barrage that will no doubt come Wink

Cheers
    Report Spam   Logged
    wgtngirl
    « Reply #11 on: November 24, 2015, 09:15:36 am »

Reality.....you can take issue with comments that don't match your opinion but please refrain from insulting the poster.  Debate is good for everyone and everyone is entitled to their opinions without being made to feel degraded and insulted.  If you have an issue in regards to yourself being insulted then PM the mods, don't inflame against the insulter.

Ali....I agree with everything you say and hopefully as mods we can get this board back to the fun place that it used to be.
    Report Spam   Logged
    Alicat
    « Reply #12 on: November 24, 2015, 09:21:33 am »

Reality ... this is NOT about looking backwards. This about moving forward. In order for that to happen BOTH you AND KTJ need to take a hard look at yourselves ... I repeat BOTH of you.
    Report Spam   Logged
    reality
    « Reply #13 on: November 24, 2015, 09:23:52 am »

wgtngirl.. "If you have an issue in regards to yourself being insulted then PM the mods, don't inflame against the insulter.

When you say PM the mods...is that the "report to moderator" tab on each post?
    Thanks
    Report Spam   Logged
    reality
    « Reply #14 on: November 24, 2015, 09:25:36 am »

Reality ... this is NOT about looking backwards. This about moving forward. In order for that to happen BOTH you AND KTJ need to take a hard look at yourselves ... I repeat BOTH of you.

I agree..that is why I am trying to establish clear guidelines for going forward

Thanks
    Report Spam   Logged
    Alicat
    « Reply #15 on: November 24, 2015, 09:27:10 am »

wgtngirl.. "If you have an issue in regards to yourself being insulted then PM the mods, don't inflame against the insulter.

When you say PM the mods...is that the "report to moderator" tab on each post?
    Thanks

That is correct.
    Report Spam   Logged
    Alicat
    « Reply #16 on: November 24, 2015, 09:28:29 am »

And to be VERY clear. I have created a thread - a warning - as a direct result of all of your recent report to moderator posts.
    Report Spam   Logged
    reality
    « Reply #17 on: November 24, 2015, 09:33:20 am »

Thanks, what is the title of the new warning  thread?
    Report Spam   Logged
    Alicat
    « Reply #18 on: November 24, 2015, 09:35:27 am »

Reality - you have posted in it.
    Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
      Print  

Jump to: