Xtra News Community 2
March 29, 2024, 06:55:49 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to Xtra News Community 2 — please also join our XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP.

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links BITEBACK! XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP Staff List Login Register  

Win 10. Unable to view certain links

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Win 10. Unable to view certain links  (Read 390 times)
guest49
« on: November 22, 2015, 08:54:17 am »

Does anyone know anything about this abortion of an OS?
When I open certain things - For instance the thread on the origin of ISIS, there is a blank space where the video should be.  I notice the same thing on STUFF where the daily quiz should be.
I used to be able to access them and have obviously closed down access somehow.  
I can open them with the IE11 that is boxed with W10 and I temporarily disabled Kaspersky to eliminate that, but I'm a bit bluffed.  
Any assistance you may give, will be gratefully received and faithfully applied!
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Alicat
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2015, 09:05:20 am »

Sorry I can't help Yak. I hated Windows 10 to start with but have got used to it now. That said, I'm a little technical-illiterate so anything that has worked out for me with Windows 10 has been by accident.
Report Spam   Logged
dragontamer
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2015, 12:38:15 pm »

Hi Yak.  I've got the same issues and I've refused to download Win10 until they sort out the usual bs they release every time.   It's all the news channels website and videos.  I have little or no problem with peoples personal videos.  I assume there has been some update to the players css, rather than in my system (still Win 7) and it is buggy as hell.

Can't help other that to say I mostly find what I was trying to look at on YouTube with a similar or the same heading.  Pain in the butt searching for it though.
Report Spam   Logged
Im2Sexy4MyPants
Absolutely Fabulously Incredibly Shit-Hot Member

« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2015, 01:56:45 pm »

Yak go to www.fss.live.com

i think you need to figure out how to turn off family settings it goes on that by default remove yourself from the family

How to Disable Restricted Mode in Windows 10

somewhere in there you can turn it off then refresh and go back to youtube then it should work

i kept win 7 it was working fine so not broke i didnt fix it lol

this is what i found when i looked

i hope you can watch that lol
Report Spam   Logged

Are you sick of the bullshit from the sewer stream media spewed out from the usual Ken and Barby dickless talking point look a likes.

If you want to know what's going on in the real world...
And the many things that will personally effect you.
Go to
http://www.infowars.com/

AND WAKE THE F_ _K UP
nitpicker1
XNC2 GOD

Nothing sexceeds like sexcess

« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2015, 03:19:35 pm »

are you using a tablet, I-Pad or PC. Yak?

have ya solved it yet ?
Report Spam   Logged

"Life might not be the party you were expecting, but you're here now, so you may as well get up and dance"
guest49
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2015, 04:18:39 pm »

Hi Nitz,
No.  I tried sexi's link, but it didn't seem to do anything for me.... took me to a Microsoft site I don't belong to.
I am using a laptop with Edge as a browser. 
If I open with IE11, theres no problem except I am confined to that one site, of course.  Roll Eyes
As I say, it used to be OK, but I must've closed a permission somewhere along the track... I just don't know where or what!
Report Spam   Logged
Im2Sexy4MyPants

« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2015, 05:18:30 pm »

Yak i think you would need a google account to sign into it yak but i think the permission is in that page from what that guy was saying win 10 gives you the safe family setting by default whereas if you had a google account you could sign into it and change the setting even though it's at a website it's linked to your comp.
Report Spam   Logged

Are you sick of the bullshit from the sewer stream media spewed out from the usual Ken and Barby dickless talking point look a likes.

Go to

AND WAKE THE F_ _K UP
nitpicker1
XNC2 GOD

« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2015, 06:02:37 pm »

Hi Nitz,
No.  I tried sexi's link, but it didn't seem to do anything for me.... took me to a Microsoft site I don't belong to.
I am using a laptop with Edge as a browser. 
If I open with IE11, theres no problem except I am confined to that one site, of course.  Roll Eyes
As I say, it used to be OK, but I must've closed a permission somewhere along the track... I just don't know where or what!

Perhaps you could google the " Windows 10 " keywords and see what comes up

I use to have trouble with Active X.  I see it with search  " activex windows 10 "

Report Spam   Logged

"Life might not be the party you were expecting, but you're here now, so you may as well get up and dance"
Im2Sexy4MyPants

« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2015, 06:24:27 pm »

same deal with this one yak its kiddy locked

Turn off family settings in Windows 10
Applies to Windows 10

To turn off family settings for a child in your family, sign in at account.microsoft.com/family. Then choose one of these options:

Remove them from family settings by choosing Remove, then selecting their account, then selecting Remove again. They'll still be able to sign in to their PCs, but this will remove any family limits you set.

Or, select them from the main family page, which will bring you to their Recent activity. If Activity reporting is turned On, turn it Off. Then repeat for the other settings pages (Web browsing, Apps, games & media, Screen time, Purchase & spending), making sure those switches are turned Off.

To turn off family settings for a different version of Windows, learn more here.

http://windows.microsoft.com/lo-la/windows-10/turn-off-family-settings-in-windows-10
Report Spam   Logged

Go to

AND WAKE THE F_ _K UP
guest49
« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2015, 06:40:20 pm »

I arrive at a page that has;

Help keep your kids safer online

Add a child

Add another adult first instead

And cant get past it.
Report Spam   Logged
Justic
Global Moderator
Shit-Hot Member

« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2015, 07:31:05 pm »

I have found the Trademe Computer message board helpful Yak.
Report Spam   Logged

"Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts."
Im2Sexy4MyPants

« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2015, 11:22:30 am »

wow this looks like a lot of work

How do I turn off family features?

To turn off or stop using the family features Microsoft provides, follow the instructions for the version of Windows you’re using.

For Windows 10, Windows 10 Mobile, Windows 8.1, Windows 8.1, or Windows RT 8.1: Remove people from your Microsoft account family
From a web browser, go to http://account.microsoft.com/family and sign in with the Microsoft account of an adult in the family.

To remove a child, choose Remove at the top of the section labeled Select a child to view or edit their settings.

To remove an adult, including the account you used to sign in with, choose Remove at the top of the Adults section. If you're the only adult in the family, you'll need to remove all the kids before you can remove yourself.

Select the person you want to remove from the family.

Select the Remove button that appears when you've chosen the person to remove.
For Windows 7 or Windows Vista running Family Safety through Windows Essentials: Uninstall Family Safety
Click the Start button Picture of the Start button, click Control Panel, and then, under Programs, click Uninstall a program.
Click Windows Essentials.

Click Uninstall (or Uninstall/Change). Click Continue if prompted.

Select the check box next to Family Safety, and then click Continue.

Follow the instructions on your screen.

After the Family Safety Filter has been uninstalled, restart the PC.

From a web browser, go to http://account.microsoft.com/family and sign in with the Microsoft account of the parent who set up the family.

If there are child accounts listed:

Choose Remove at the top of the section labeled Select a child to view or edit their settings.

Select the first child account in the list, then select Remove. Repeat until all children are removed.
Return to the main family page, then choose Remove at the top of the Adults section.

Select the account you signed in with, then select Remove.
For Windows 7 with Parental Controls turned on
Click Start, then click Control Panel.

Double-click User Accounts and Family Safety.

Click Parental Controls.

Under Parental Controls, click Off.
For Windows XP running Family Safety
Click Start, click Control Panel, and then double-click Add or Remove Programs.

In the Currently installed programs box, click Windows Essentials , and then click Remove. Click Continue if prompted.

Select the check box next to Family Safety, and then click Continue.

Follow the instructions on your screen.

After the Family Safety Filter has been uninstalled, restart the PC.

From a web browser, go to http://account.microsoft.com/family and sign in with the Microsoft account of the parent who set up the family.

If there are child accounts listed:

Choose Remove at the top of the section labeled Select a child to view or edit their settings.

Select the first child account in the list, then select Remove. Repeat until all children are removed.
Return to the main family page, then choose Remove at the top of the Adults section.

Select the account you signed in with, then select Remove.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/family-features-remove-uninstall-faq
Report Spam   Logged

Go to

AND WAKE THE F_ _K UP
guest49
« Reply #12 on: November 24, 2015, 11:42:55 am »

Great Scott!! Shocked

There has to be an easier way than that!
I have no-one -adult or child - currently installed on family features and if I have to install someone in order to delete them from it and then the feature, there must be something wrong here!

Christ!  I might as well go to a Mac.  It will be easier to get to grips with than this septic pile of sh*t!

I do appreciate your efforts on my behalf - Thanks.
Report Spam   Logged
Im2Sexy4MyPants

« Reply #13 on: November 24, 2015, 12:10:23 pm »

It's crazy Yak computers were supposed to save us time
Report Spam   Logged

Go to

AND WAKE THE F_ _K UP
guest49
« Reply #14 on: December 08, 2015, 06:03:46 pm »

Must've been an update.   Roll Eyes
Now Facebook is inaccessible, unless I use IE11
Report Spam   Logged
Alicat
« Reply #15 on: December 08, 2015, 07:19:21 pm »

I can't access my online banking service. It worked fine until yesterday then kaput!
Report Spam   Logged
guest49
« Reply #16 on: December 09, 2015, 07:43:11 am »

Facebook is back.  Dunno if was a fault in it, or Edge.
Report Spam   Logged
Alicat
« Reply #17 on: December 09, 2015, 08:08:44 am »

I can get back into my online banking. The techos at my bank were very helpful. They checked it out their end then told me to unplug the modem completely and wait 5 minutes then plug it back in. It worked!
Report Spam   Logged
nitpicker1
XNC2 GOD

« Reply #18 on: December 09, 2015, 11:25:58 am »

Seems to me IT was to stop some of us wasting time at work.

I think I was introduced to my Apple I-Pad by my daughters so they could check whether I still have enough brain cells to learn how to drive it.

There are still enough of them (the cells) to make me wonder whether I should take up knitting instead

I later retrieved my dear old Laptop from the corner where I think they hoped I wouldn't see it till it breathed its last breath. I found it's power pack, recharged and updated it

Then realised I had forgotten how to use it.

So now I fire it up every day to deal with emails that are keeping on coming into i-Pad as well cos all my IT gadgets are under on umbrella of my internet supplier.

I still find it easier for surfing than I Pad.    Roll Eyes

Report Spam   Logged

guest49
« Reply #19 on: December 09, 2015, 11:38:05 am »

Apparently I have reported spam somehow.  If its something that comes to you mods, ignore it!
Report Spam   Logged
guest49
« Reply #20 on: December 09, 2015, 11:39:41 am »

I can't access my online banking service. It worked fine until yesterday then kaput!
That's what we used to do with INCIS!   Undecided
Report Spam   Logged
Alicat
« Reply #21 on: December 09, 2015, 12:19:04 pm »

That's what we used to do with INCIS!   Undecided

That was just before my time

Report Spam   Logged
guest49
« Reply #22 on: December 09, 2015, 04:42:27 pm »

Come to think of it, INCIS was W10 on a big scale.  No two parts were ever quite compatible.
I wouldn't like to guess at the number of times we would try to access something, fail, ring the tech and be advised to pull the cord from the wall, count 10 seconds and plug it back in - see if that does anything.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: