Xtra News Community 2
April 20, 2024, 09:52:44 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to Xtra News Community 2 — please also join our XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP.

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links BITEBACK! XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP Staff List Login Register  

Finned friends

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Finned friends  (Read 1381 times)
ssweetpea
Absolutely Fabulously Incredibly Shit-Hot Member

« on: April 05, 2009, 09:45:35 am »

I have removed all the gravel from the tank for now.

I tried cleaning half of it yesterday in tap water but the amount of algee on some of the stones means I really with have to let it dry out them scrub again and again. I am not sure it is worth the bother. Mr sp and sp3 can bleach it and use it for their model railway and I'll get some new stuff.

Even after all the cleaning the water is still on the acid side when I tested it this morning but the fish are happy so I will keep and eye on it and hold off putting the plants back in for now. It wouldn't surprise me if I now have a bit of new tank syndrome going on but at least not only is Dory behaving normally, as is Patch, the damage to his tail is growing back as well.

Lack of space is the reason I don't have a bigger tank. Anything bigger would require a free standing unit and there is no space for that anywhere in the house unless we get rid of a bookcase, like that is going to happen. We have decided to just stick with the two fish.

Maybe one day that pond we have been thinking abour for 15 years or more will get put in. Unless we win lotto I can't see us moving anytime soon or extending the house for that matter (sorry sp1). Still you never know what might happen.
Report Spam   Logged

The way politicians run this country a small white cat should have no problem http://sally4mp.blogspot.com/

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: