Xtra News Community 2
March 29, 2024, 02:56:33 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to Xtra News Community 2 — please also join our XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP.

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links BITEBACK! XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP Staff List Login Register  

RELIGION summed up........perfectly

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: RELIGION summed up........perfectly  (Read 552 times)
Kiwithrottlejockey
Admin Staff
XNC2 GOD

Having fun in the hills!

« on: August 01, 2014, 10:55:28 am »

Report Spam   Logged

If you aren't living life on the edge, you're taking up too much space! 

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Im2Sexy4MyPants
Absolutely Fabulously Incredibly Shit-Hot Member

« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2014, 01:18:32 pm »

Yes religion is fucked up BUT

Did Life Form By Accident?

Mathematical Probabilities
The next stop would be to delve into the mathematical probabilities that vastly complex organs such as the brain, the eyes, etc., could have developed by themselves.  But before we begin, I’d like you to be able to fathom what the numbers that we will be giving you represent.  It has been estimated that in 30 billion years there would only be 1018 seconds.  Scientists estimate that in our entire universe there are only 1080 electrons (that’s a 1 with 80 zeros after it).  So I guess we would agree that 10100 is a number that’s pretty much impossible for us to truly comprehend.  With this introduction, hopefully we’ll be able to properly appreciate the upcoming quotations.

Ilya Prigogine, chemist-physicist, recipient of two Nobel Prizes in chemistry, wrote: “The statistical probability that organic structures and the most precisely harmonized reactions that typify living organisms would be generated by accident, is zero.”(1) That’s right - zero!

Professor Francis Crick, awarded the Nobel Prize for the discovery of DNA, wrote:

An honest man, armed with all the knowledge available to us now, could only state that in some sense, the origin of life appears at the moment to be almost a miracle, so many are the conditions which would have had to have been satisfied to get it going.(2)

The trouble is that there are about two thousand enzymes, and the chance of obtaining them all in a random trial is only one part in (1020)2,000=1040,000, an outrageously small probability that could not be faced even if the whole universe consisted of organic soup.(3)   In terms of complexity, an individual cell is nothing when compared with a system like the mammalian brain.  The human brain consists of about ten thousand million nerve cells.  Each nerve cell puts out between ten thousand and one hundred thousand connecting fibers by which it makes contact with other nerve cells in the brain.  Altogether the total number of connections in the human brain approaches 1015 or a thousand million million.  Numbers in the order of 1015 are of course completely beyond comprehension.  Imagine an area about half the size of the USA (one million square miles) covered in a forest of trees containing ten thousand trees per square mile.  If each tree contained one hundred thousand leaves the total number of leaves in the forest would be 1015, equivalent to the number of connections in the human brain!  Despite the enormity of the number of connections, the ramifying forest of fibers is not a chaotic random tangle but a highly organized network in which a high proportion of the fibers are unique adaptive communication channels following their own specially ordained pathway through the brain.  Even if only one hundredth of the connections in the brain were specifically organized, this would still represent a system containing a much greater number of specific connections than in the entire communications network on Earth.(4)
George Wald, leading evolutionist, wrote:

Organic molecules, therefore form a large and formidable array, endless in variety and of the most bewildering complexity.  One cannot think of having organisms without them.  This is precisely the trouble, for to understand how organisms originated we must first of all explain how such complicated molecules could come into being.  And that is only the beginning.  To make an organism requires not only a tremendous variety of these substances, in adequate amounts and proper proportions, but also just the right arrangement of them.  Structure here is as important as composition - and what a complication of structural.  The most complex machine man has devised - say an electronic brain - is child’s play compared with the simplest of living organisms.  The especially trying thing is that complexity here involves such small dimensions.  It is on the molecular level; it consists of a detailed fitting of molecule to molecule such as no chemist can attempt.(5)
Getting Very Desperate
We continue.  After scientists discovered the vast complexities of the DNA code, and that these codes are to be found in even the most simple forms of life, they started to see “scary visions of a God.”  Its massive complexities clearly pointed to a Great Designer, and that was no good.  So they made up a new far-fetched theory which in essence was saying - we see that there must be a God, but we do not want to acknowledge Him, so we must place God somewhere else and are saying the following theory.  However, before we tell you the “latest theory” we must first tell you that this theory is taken seriously by many in the scientific world, even though the ones that expounded it really didn’t believe it themselves.  (We’ll speak about this shortly.)  The second thing is, that you must know the credentials of the ones that said this theory, and they have great credentials.  First, let’s hear a little about Sir Francis Crick.  Sir Francis H.C. Crick, a noted biologist, is the one who deduced the double-helical structure of DNA, for which he, together with his partner James Watson, later received the Nobel Prize.  Crick went on to contribute to the elucidation of the genetic code.  In short, he is a very respected scientist.  And what led Crick to give the following view was the feeling that it’s virtually impossible for the origin of life to have been undirected (accident).  So Crick, together with noted chemist Leslie Orgel (who are trained scientists, who always look for naturalistic explanations to their problems - and to admit to a God wouldn’t be scientific) said the following wild theory.  And mind you that this theory was proposed in 1973, and reaffirmed in 1983 when Crick wrote it in a book called Life Itself, and reaffirmed again in 1992 during an interview in Scientific American.(6)The wild theory is as follows.  They say that some extraterrestrial civilization of another solar system, because of the fear of extinction, decided to “seed” other planets with the essence of their live matter.  So they sent frozen bacteria out into space, and eventually it reached earth.  While on earth, it was these live bacteria from outer space that evolved into life as we see it now.  This is their theory.  And this wild theory was necessary, since it helped explain a hurdle that couldn’t be made.  They, as well as many other scientists, couldn’t explain how an inanimate object could turn into even the most simple of life forms, bearing in mind the vast complexities that are found in all life forms.  So “necessity, the mother of all inventions” led them to make up this story, which supplied them with instant life, without having to recognize God.  Pretty wild, huh?  Really desperate.  This is the theory of Drs. Francis Crick and Leslie Orgel.(7)Now you know what weight the word “theory” has.

But astronomer Sir Fred Hoyle, together with Chandra Wickramasinghe, in Evolution from Space, said that just as it’s impossible for life to have developed by chance in our solar system, so too there could never have developed intelligent life anywhere else in our entire universe as well.  Hoyle wrote as follows: “Biochemical systems are exceedingly complex, so much so that the chance of their being formed through random shuffling of simple organic molecules is exceedingly minute, to a point where it is no different from zero ... For life to have originated on earth it would be necessary that quite explicit instructions should have ben provided for its assembly.”(8)So Hoyle tries to pull off an interesting trick.  He says that really the theory of seeding (which in scientific terms is called panspermia) is correct, but of course there had to be a Higher Intelligence which created those outer space creatures that eventually sent down the seeds.  So Hoyle, in order to avoid God, says the same far-fetched “theory” as crick and Orgel, in order to take care of the problem of having to meet up with this Higher Intelligence.  Hoyle said that it’s the creatures from outer space that have the obligation to serve this Higher Intelligence, since it’s them who the Higher Intelligence created, and not us, so we earthlings have no obligation to serve Him.  So even though Hoyle was at least scientifically honest, as was Crick, by agreeing that life could never have evolved from inorganic (dead) matter, he still wasn’t brave enough to face the God that he really admitted existed.  But Newsweek couldn’t handle what Hoyle said, for ultimately, according to Hoyle, you still have to face a God somewhere at the top of the line, and this frightened them.

Tongue in cheek, Newsweek (March 1982) says only that “Hoyle has actually performed the improbable feat of reinventing religion ... [and had been] led to exactly the same view that seemed prevalent in the Middle Ages: that life did not arise spontaneously on earth.”  Apparently, when Hoyle the scientist is led to God, Newsweek is irritated.(9)
As mentioned before, Crick confided to Professor Robert Shapiro(10)that he personally wasn’t really sold on the theory, and his real purpose in espousing this new theory was to get people to drop all previous theories that they held as true (such as the chemical soup theory, and the mutation theory, etc., all of them built on the idea that live matter can evolve from dead matter, which he held can’t be true) and give them an idea which they can relate to, such as unmanned rockets with live bacteria in them, to hold on to.  Not that he really believed this story, but it was to help people understand that this world could only have developed from live matter.  So even though in public Crick says that he still believes his theory to be “reasonable,” in private he told Shapiro otherwise.

Nothing illustrates more clearly just how intractable a problem the origin of life has become than the fact that world authorities can seriously toy with the idea of panspermia.(11)
Desperate people indeed.  After hearing such “theories,” one sees the staunch loyalty these scientists have to “science,” for the sake of science.  But it would be more honest if they would express more openly the problems that they face, and maybe, just maybe, suggest that there is an alternative solution to the origin of our universe - God.

http://www.simpletoremember.com/articles/a/did-life-form-by-accident/
Report Spam   Logged

Are you sick of the bullshit from the sewer stream media spewed out from the usual Ken and Barby dickless talking point look a likes.

If you want to know what's going on in the real world...
And the many things that will personally effect you.
Go to
http://www.infowars.com/

AND WAKE THE F_ _K UP
Kiwithrottlejockey
Admin Staff
XNC2 GOD

Having fun in the hills!

« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2014, 01:39:18 pm »

Hahaha.....posting a cartoon like that always drags the Neanderthals out of their holes in the ground....the ones who are too feeble & weak to stand on their own two feet without the crutch of religion. The world would be a considerably better place without religious nutters and their imaginary gods inside their heads.
Report Spam   Logged

Im2Sexy4MyPants

« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2014, 01:50:22 pm »

Your the religious nutter hahaha Grin

Anyway even if you are right what is left ?

A stupid bit of animated spoof that came out your dads dic your lucky to be alive

« Last Edit: August 01, 2014, 02:01:19 pm by Im2Sexy4MyPants » Report Spam   Logged

Are you sick of the bullshit from the sewer stream media spewed out from the usual Ken and Barby dickless talking point look a likes.

Go to

AND WAKE THE F_ _K UP
Im2Sexy4MyPants

« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2014, 02:08:37 pm »

Here's KTJ's god

Bruce I Am Your Father

Here is his bible

https://www.marxists.org/archive/marx/works/1848/communist-manifesto/
« Last Edit: August 01, 2014, 04:39:59 pm by Im2Sexy4MyPants » Report Spam   Logged

Go to

AND WAKE THE F_ _K UP
Im2Sexy4MyPants

« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2014, 09:34:19 pm »

Report Spam   Logged

Go to

AND WAKE THE F_ _K UP
Kiwithrottlejockey
Admin Staff
XNC2 GOD

Having fun in the hills!

« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2014, 11:28:34 am »

Report Spam   Logged

Kiwithrottlejockey
Admin Staff
XNC2 GOD

Having fun in the hills!

« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2014, 06:45:21 pm »

from the New York Post....

Savages: Islamic State executes American journalist

By MARISA SCHULTZ, AARON SHORT and SOPHIA ROSENBAUM | 5:18PM EDT - Tuesday, August 19, 2014

BLOODTHIRSTY MILITANTS in Iraq released a horrific video Tuesday that shows the beheading of American photojournalist James Wright Foley — with the execution aimed at forcing President Obama to end US airstrikes.

Foley, 40, who was kidnapped in Syria nearly two years ago, was forced to recite anti-American hatred before a masked Islamic State killer put the knife to his neck.

The video — posted on YouTube before being yanked — shows Foley dressed in prisoner orange and on his knees in the desert. His head is shaved. Behind him is his knife-wielding killer, covered from head to toe in black. Its title is “A Message to America”.

“Any attempt by you, Obama, to deny Muslims liberty and safety under the Islamic caliphate will result in the bloodshed of your people,” the terrorist says in reference to US airstrikes against the Islamic State.

Foley — last seen on Thanksgiving 2012 while working for Agence France-Presse — earlier reads a clearly coerced statement.

“I call on my friends, family and loved ones to rise up against my real killers, the US government. My message to my beloved parents: Save me some dignity and don’t accept any meager compensation for my death from the same people who effectively put the last nail in my coffin,” he says.

“I call on my brother, who is in the Air Force. I call on you, John. Think about who made the decision to bomb Iraq. Who did they really kill? Did they think about me, you and our family when they made that decision? I died that day, John. When your colleagues dropped that bomb, they signed my death certificate. I wish I had more time. I wish I had the hope of seeing my family one more time.”

As a final insult, his last forced words were, “I guess, all in all, I wish I wasn’t American.”

The video then cuts to a gruesome image of Foley’s blood-soaked head, detached from his body and resting on his back near his shackled hands.

The militants then display another kneeling and shackled American — Time journalist Steven Joel Sotloff — and the group says he is next unless the United States backs off.

Sotloff was abducted in Syria in August 2013.

“The life of this American citizen, Obama, depends on your next decision,” the masked man says.

In a statement posted on a Facebook page affiliated with the Foley family, James’ mother, Diane, said, “We have never been prouder of our son Jim. He gave his life trying to expose the world to the suffering of the Syrian people.

“We thank Jim for all the joy he gave us. He was an extraordinary son, brother, journalist and person.”

She also called for an end to Islamic State brutality, saying: “We implore the kidnappers to spare the lives of the remaining hostages. Like Jim, they are innocents.”

Obama was briefed on Foley’s barbaric murder while flying on Air Force One to Martha’s Vineyard to resume his vacation.

Two US officials said they believe the video is authentic, although White House National Security Council spokeswoman Caitlin Hayden said US intelligence is still analyzing it.

“If genuine, we are appalled by the brutal murder of an innocent American journalist and we express our deepest condolences to his family and friends,” Hayden said.

The Washington Post reported that European officials were going over the video to compare the voice of the executioner — who seemed to have a trace of a British accent — with ex-Guantanamo Bay inmates who had British ties.

The Islamic State — also known as the Islamic State in Iraq and Syria, or ISIS — had warned the United States of the potential murder in an earlier video, saying, “We will drown all of you in blood” in revenge.

Senior US officials with direct knowledge of the situation said the Islamic State recently threatened to kill Foley to avenge the airstrikes that freed ethnic Yazidis who had been trapped by the terrorists on Mount Sinjar, and that helped Kurds retake the crucial Mosul dam from the Islamic State.

Foley family friend Holly Rene, who lives in their hometown of Rochester, New Hampshire, told the New York Post, “These savages have got to be stopped. It’s coming West.”

She said the family is “falling apart with grief.”

Foley, one of five children, had been a hostage before, having been held in Libya for 45 days in 2011.

He graduated from Marquette University in 1996 and later studied journalism at Northwestern.

He penned a letter to Marquette Magazine thanking the community for its prayers when he was captured in Tripoli with two colleagues.

“If nothing else, prayer was the glue that enabled my freedom, an inner freedom first and later the miracle of being released during a war in which the regime had no real incentive to free us,” Foley wrote. “It didn’t make sense, but faith did.”

http://nypost.com/2014/08/19/islamic-state-claims-to-have-beheaded-american-journalist
Report Spam   Logged

Kiwithrottlejockey
Admin Staff
XNC2 GOD

Having fun in the hills!

« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2014, 06:45:35 pm »

Jihadists sent Foley’s boss an email ‘full of rage’ a week before killing

By SOPHIA ROSENBAUM | 6:30PM EDT - Wednesday, August 20, 2014

THE JIHADISTS who savagely took the life of an American journalist sent his employer an e-mail a week earlier threatening the execution.

“We received an email from the captors on Wednesday night of last week stating their intention to execute Jim,” Philip Balboni, the founder of the online news service site Global Post, told WCVB Boston. “The email was full of rage.”

The White House knew about the threat against Foley’s life and did not engage in negotiations with the terrorists, Balboni said.

Balboni said he had been working behind the scenes since James Foley’s capture in 2012 to try to free him, spending millions of dollars in search efforts. The Global Post and the Foley family paid for most of it, with some help from the White House, State Department and FBI.

The ISIS militants did not make any demands in the email and would not listen to Balboni’s pleas to spare the innocent reporter’s life.

“It could have been a bluff and we had to believe it was a bluff,” Balboni added. “You know when you kidnap someone and hold them for almost two years, you don’t do it unless you believe there is value in those hostages.”

But Tuesday evening, they exacted their revenge for continued US airstrikes in regions where ISIS is fighting for control.

Balboni learned that the video was authentic Tuesday night and mourned the loss of a “wonderful, warm, funny, gregarious person.”

He believes the US needs to do more to put an end to this kind of violence, with reporter Steven Sotloff’s life currently in danger, as he was seen in the video and an ISIS militant warned that he was next if airstrikes continued.

“It warrants a stronger response,” Balboni said. “I would leave that to people who know more than I as to what that should be.”

Foley was freelancing for Agence France-Presse in northern Syria when his car was seized by four militants.

http://nypost.com/2014/08/20/jihadists-sent-foleys-boss-an-email-full-of-rage-a-week-before-killing
Report Spam   Logged

Kiwithrottlejockey
Admin Staff
XNC2 GOD

Having fun in the hills!

« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2014, 06:45:47 pm »

Floridian journalist is next if airstrikes don’t stop: ISIS

By DANIKA FEARS | 12:45AM EDT - Thursday, August 21, 2014

THE MAN who ISIS terrorists claim will be the next to be beheaded if President Obama doesn’t end airstrikes against the organization is a Miami native and freelance journalist for publications such as Time magazine and Foreign Policy.

Steven Joel Sotloff, 31, who once attended the University of Central Florida, is believed to have been kidnapped on August 4th, just after crossing into Syria, a source told The Washington Post.

A masked executioner threatened to kill Sotloff in the same horrific video that showed journalist James Foley being murdered.

As a freelance reporter, Sotloff had been writing stories on the Middle East for several years.

“I met with the Sotloff family in Miami and have spoken to them over the phone while in DC regarding their son Steven’s situation,” Representative Ileana Ros-Lehtinen (Republican-Florida.) said Wednesday.

“My office has contacted the relevant agencies, departments and even organizations with connections on the ground in Syria to try to get answers.”

An online petition published Tuesday is begging Obama to “take immediate action.”

“Do everything possible to free American reporter Steven Sotloff from [the Islamic State] in Syria and save his life,” the petition reads.

The boyfriend of Sotloff’s sister, Lauren, told reporters outside the family’s home Wednesday to “pray, sign and share,” referring to the White House petition.

http://nypost.com/2014/08/21/floridian-journalist-is-next-if-airstrikes-dont-stop-isis
Report Spam   Logged

Kiwithrottlejockey
Admin Staff
XNC2 GOD

Having fun in the hills!

« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2014, 06:46:39 pm »

All in the name of religion too!

Shall we dig back through history to look at the barbaric skeletons in the cupboard of another large religion?

Report Spam   Logged

Kiwithrottlejockey
Admin Staff
XNC2 GOD

Having fun in the hills!

« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2014, 06:47:10 pm »

from the Los Angeles Times....

James Foley beheading shows vicious barbarity of Islamic State

By DAVID HORSEY | 5:00AM PDT - Thursday, August 21, 2014

HOLLYWOOD has come up with some fearsome swarms of monstrous villains — think of the orcs in “The Hobbit” or the zombies in “World War Z” — but those computer-generated creatures are nothing compared with the all-too-real swarm of monsters that have rallied to the black banner of the Islamic State in Iraq and Syria.

ISIS (or ISIL, the alternative version of the name that substitutes the broader geographic term, Levant, for Syria) may be the most despicable band of barbarians to plague the world since the Khmer Rouge finished stacking up the skulls of their victims in Cambodia 35 years ago. Emerging from the chaos of the Syrian civil war, ISIS militants have swept across the Iraqi desert and seized control in much of that country over the last two months.

They are not the first armed force to bring havoc to that tortured land, but they are arguably the worst. Driven by a fanatical allegiance to an extremist form of Sunni Islam, ISIS shock troops have carried out crucifixions and beheadings, raped women, abused children and sold both into slavery. Whenever they encounter someone who does not share their perverse version of Islam, they offer a choice: convert or die.

On Tuesday, a video surfaced showing a masked executioner beheading American journalist James Foley. The executioner — probably one of many Islamic radicals from Europe and the U.S. who have joined the ISIS army — spoke with a pronounced British accent. On the video, he said Foley’s brutal murder was in retaliation for American airstrikes that have stopped ISIS from overrunning Iraq’s Kurdish region. Wednesday, U.S. officials revealed that an unsuccessful special forces mission to free Foley and other Americans held by the militants in Syria was attempted earlier this summer. ISIS now is threatening to execute more of those American captives.

There is something especially gruesome about a beheading. It is hard to imagine how one human being can perpetrate such a grisly act on another, but the ISIS horde has proved capable of any atrocity. In a region that has seen decades of war, authoritarian rule and sectarian violence, the Islamic State militants have found a way to plumb even deeper depths of savagery. There appears to be no limit to the horrific things they will do to build their new caliphate.

Americans thought they were done with Iraq after 10 years of a misguided war and frustrating occupation. It seemed time to let the factions sort out their own problems. But ISIS is so bad — for once, a comparison to the Nazis is not an exaggeration — that the United States cannot leave the job of opposing them to someone else.

Angry and grim, President Obama on Wednesday expressed outrage over Foley’s murder. He pledged to continue strikes against the “cancer” of ISIS, saying, “We will be vigilant and we will be relentless.”

The president rejected the idea that this army of Sunni extremists represents a legitimate form of Islam. “Their victims are overwhelmingly Muslim, and no faith teaches people to massacre innocents,” Obama said. “No just God would stand for what they did yesterday, and for what they do every single day.”

And, despite war weariness, past mistakes and the messy complications of engaging with the unending conflicts of the Middle East, no country that claims to champion human rights and freedom of thought can refuse to stand against such a pitiless, malevolent force.

http://www.latimes.com/opinion/topoftheticket/la-na-tt-foley-beheading-20140820-story.html
Report Spam   Logged

Im2Sexy4MyPants

« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2014, 05:39:45 pm »

You have a problem with ISIS blame America and the worlds NWO elite

Obama, NATO and Saudi Arabia armed ISIS to the teeth and if they had wanted to they could have destroyed a big part of them while they drove along the roads of Iraq but that is not in their interest.

The leader of Iraq was not playing ball with the west his fate is he lost favor with the west and now they are using ISIS as their dogs of war to split Iraq into a manageable  broken up state.

The truth is Al Qaeda has always been working for the west they are their boogie man with the job of putting fear into people all over the earth so the elite can consolidate all the wealth they have stolen and take away every ones freedom and human rights all in the name of security.

The end result is to bring in the one world government and then start killing off the worlds population
to save the rest of the worlds resources for the rich and to build their utopia which is a world where they bring back total slavery and poverty for us while they with the help of advanced technology  become like gods. 
Report Spam   Logged

Go to

AND WAKE THE F_ _K UP
Kiwithrottlejockey
Admin Staff
XNC2 GOD

Having fun in the hills!

« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2014, 06:31:45 pm »

Have you been smoking something green & sticky today?
Report Spam   Logged

Im2Sexy4MyPants

« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2014, 08:10:46 pm »

One day you will wake up and find out i was talking truth Grin
« Last Edit: August 26, 2014, 10:12:59 am by Im2Sexy4MyPants » Report Spam   Logged

Go to

AND WAKE THE F_ _K UP
Kiwithrottlejockey
Admin Staff
XNC2 GOD

Having fun in the hills!

« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2014, 08:04:52 am »

Report Spam   Logged

Kiwithrottlejockey
Admin Staff
XNC2 GOD

Having fun in the hills!

« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2015, 05:05:33 pm »

Mark Morford

Religion will be the death of us all

By Mark Morford, SF Gate Columnist | 3:00AM PST - Tuesday, February 03, 2015

This much.
This much.

HERE'S what’s sure to be a popular idea, widely and thoughtfully accepted throughout the land, calmly discussed during the next presidential debate because America is nothing if not full of sagely educated, spiritually curious beings who increasingly understand the fatal shortcomings of false dogma and blind belief.

Here is the quite brilliant entomologist, author and naturalist E.O. Wilson, professor emeritus at Harvard, myriad awards, two-time Pulitzer winner, intellectual heir to Darwin, more than a dozen books, etcetera and so on, discussing in this New Scientist interview the second in a trilogy (!) of new books he’s writing (the man is 85), about the nature and future of the human animal. His newest? The awesomely titled The Meaning of Human Existence. I mean, when you’re 85, why be coy?

Wilson’s conclusion about the current state of humanity? Not so great. Not only is humankind driving thousands of creatures both large and small, land and sea to a shockingly rapid extinction — far more quickly and more cruelly than nature would ever allow otherwise — but we have the bizarre chutzpah to believe that we, ourselves, are somehow exempt. We couldn’t possibly be on that list. Could we?

When you're 85 and all kinds of brilliant in your various fields, who has time to be subtle?
When you're 85 and all kinds of brilliant in your various fields,
who has time to be subtle?

This is the great and terrible human irony, no? We think we’re different, protected, too special to fail. We’ve convinced ourselves that we are immune to the vicious, accelerated cycle of brutal extinction that we ourselves brought to bear. And Wilson, along with myriad scientists and thinkers like him, is here to remind us: Guess again, selfish biped.

To be clear: Wilson is not suggesting we’re headed for fiery apocalypse. Rather, he shows how we are systematically, methodically wiping out our own habitat, destroying the razor-thin biosphere that holds it all together, casually decimating all the delicate, complex ecosystems that both created us and keeps us alive. “Death by a thousand cuts,” he says. What’s worse: We can’t seem to stop.

And why? Wilson identifies a single, overarching culprit, the main reason we’re on the fun train to self-extermination, and can’t/won’t get off.

2,000 years of men and their poisonous, misogynistic religions have brought us to the brink of extinction. Fully aware. Of yourself. Now THAT'S god.
LEFT: 2,000 years of men and their poisonous, misogynistic religions have brought us to the brink of extinction.
RIGHT: Fully aware. Of yourself. Now THAT'S god.

It’s not climate change. Not overpopulation. Not war, or disease, or resource abuse. Those are all very real, but they’re also merely the consequence, the end result of centuries of blind, dogmatic adherence to, well, to God.

That’s right, the biggest problem humanity faces — and has faced for just about ever — is religion. Rabid tribalism, delusory moral laws and aggressive, antagonistic superstition that pits us against each other, against nature, against science, against anyone who might have invented a different god (or gods) than ours.

It’s no secret that nearly all religions of the world were designed to, if not completely deny, certainly belittle ideas of conscious, sustainable growth and scientific understanding in favor of blindly believing we are the “chosen ones”, that we have a special, divine allowance to breed at will and abuse the planet as we please. Pestilence? Shortages? Overpopulation? 1,000 times the natural extinction rate? Climate change? “Don’t worry,” power-hungry religious leaders say, “there’s a ‘master plan’ somewhere. Surely ‘God has a reason’ to which puny, flawed humans cannot possibly be privy.” Right.

Classic “brilliant grandpa” pose.
Classic “brilliant grandpa” pose.

Yeah, it couldn't POSSIBLY have anything to do with us!
Yeah, it couldn't POSSIBLY have anything to do with us!

Does it matter that we made up the idea of God, that religion is an entirely human construct? Of course not. What are you, a communist? Pipe down and quit asking questions.

I might be extrapolating a bit. Wilson does not say all of that, per se, and I have yet to read his new book. But he certainly makes no bones about how our relentless need to attach to dogmas, tribes and blind faith has kept us from seeing the extent of the damage we’ve done to the planet, and just how close we are to wiping ourselves out.

It makes sense, then, that he says the very best thing that could happen to humankind is nothing less than the elimination of religion. Can you imagine? What a wonderful world that would be.

Won a couple Pulitzers. Accolades galore. The intellectual heir to Darwin. Loves ants.
Won a couple Pulitzers. Accolades galore.
The intellectual heir to Darwin. Loves ants.

He is not, by the way, suggesting we all become atheists. Far from it. Humanity’s intrinsic existential curiosity, that deep spiritual longing innate to every soul on the planet, is essential and beneficial, and can lead to tremendous beauty, compassion, self-exploration. Not to mention bring a far healthier version of the “moral compass” religion purports to provide, only not at the expense of your individuality and soul.

Because it’s when you take that personal, existential longing and calcify it, codify it, strip it from its individual moorings and assign it to some ominous, vindictive “Almighty”, then sell it back to the masses as some fixed “truth” that everyone must obey and fight for — or else — that the real trouble begins.

With this book I thee rule and control. Like, forever.
With this book I thee rule and control. Like, forever.

End all religions! What a glorious idea. And of course, sort of impossible. At least for now.

It might happen someday. The world’s religions are indeed declining in power and influence, and fewer young people are joining the church and are instead calling themselves “spiritual”. But we’re still light years away from ending all fear- and shame-based dogmas that misunderstand science, debase nature, demean women, reject spiritual self-definition and shrug off the fast-decaying ecosystem as just “part of God’s plan”. Can it happen soon enough?

Email: Mark Morford

Mark Morford on Twitter and Facebook.

http://blog.sfgate.com/morford/2015/02/03/religion-will-be-the-death-of-us-all
Report Spam   Logged

Kiwithrottlejockey
Admin Staff
XNC2 GOD

Having fun in the hills!

« Reply #17 on: October 02, 2016, 12:03:18 pm »

from The Sydney Morning Herald....

Religions should lose their tax-exempt status

By GARRY LINNELL | Saturday, October 01, 2016

I hereby swear … but we're not allowed to in this forum. — Photograph: Viki Lascaris.
I hereby swear … but we're not allowed to in this forum. — Photograph: Viki Lascaris.

Extract from The Modern Testament (Australian edition, 2016.

1. And so it came to pass that in the Year of our Lord, 1921, the American astronomer Edwin Hubble discovered the galaxies were flying apart. Behold, he said, the universe was expanding. And so the Unbelievers declared that science was capable of explaining everything and that God — if not dead — was surely suffering a terminal illness.

2. And in the Darkness that followed great men of science applied reason, logic, research and experiments to further shed light on the wonder of the cosmos and the intricate beauty of life on Earth.

3. And by the start of the 21st century it was generally agreed that God had passed away peacefully because He was no longer needed. For the rest of time there would be no need to invoke a Supreme Being to explain how the heavens were created, why birds and beasts roamed the Earth or even the complexity of petrol prices and why they always rose a day before a Long Weekend.

4. But in the Year of Our Lord 2016 a chorus of Hallelujah! rang out across the land of Australia. In a nation of Unbelievers where two thirds of the population did not believe in Him, where only 8 percent of the people regularly attended church and where 84 percent of the masses strongly believed that religion and the state should be kept separate, a handful of Believers within the coalition government brought God back to life.

5. And so he was resurrected, despite the wishes of the large majority of the nation. And so it came to pass that his influence did grow and did permeate all manner of life in the land, from the infliction of a possible plebiscite over same sex marriage — for how else could opponents of this abomination secure public funding to argue against it? — through to the increased funding of religious schools.

6. And throughout all of this it was also made clear that in a society that liked to regard itself as secular, His message — and the words of other assorted Gods, prophets and alien life forms inhabiting the body of Tom Cruise — would continue to be supported by taxpayers by allowing all religions tax-exempt status.

7. And across the land barely a whisper of protest could be heard that more than $30 billion annually in subsidies was handed out to these religious organisations, despite a Royal Commission uncovering decades of systemic abuse of children and parishioners by many of His followers.

8. And it was noted by a handful of cynical Unbelievers that the NSW greyhound industry was shut down for far less.

9. And even though the Unbelievers did grudgingly admit that many of these tax-exempt religions did practice admirable social work and make a contribution to the betterment of the society, their charitable work was far outweighed by the estimated riches they accrued. Behold, they whispered, the charity sector had earned $104 billion in income in 2014, with more than a third of them nominating their chief purpose to be the advancement of their religion.

10. And it was noted that Scott Morrison, the Minister appointed to solve a massive budget black hole not even Professor Stephen Hawking would dare approach, would never consider an obvious solution — to lift the tax-exempt status of religions and cults.

11. And very few other representatives of the people, with the exception of Senator Nick Xenophon and a handful of others, had the courage to speak up on behalf of the majority.

12. And not one of them dared to make a plea for these religious institutions to provide one shred of evidence to support the existence of their God, or to utter the timeless observation of science that absence of evidence is surely evidence of absence.

13. For they knew that the power and the glory rested in the hands of the religious right in the governing Coalition and that MPs like Kevin Andrews had become the true High Priests of Australia.

14. And so the Unbelievers simply shrugged their shoulders and conceded a review of the Charities Act — that could lead to religions paying tax like most businesses and individuals — would never really amount to much. And that it was far better to pray for other miracles, such as a Senate that passed legislation, a faster internet speed across the land and a human being to answer the phone when you called Telstra to lodge a complaint.

15. And thus it came to pass that in the Year of Our Lord, 2016, heavenly music did rain down upon the ears of all the Unbelievers. And that sound everyone heard was not a chorus of Angels, but a choir of cash registers ringing out in the pulpits across the land.

• Garry Linnell is co-presenter of The Breakfast Show on 2UE Talking Lifestyle.

http://www.smh.com.au/comment/its-long-past-time-to-take-taxexempt-status-of-religion-20160929-grrn89.html
Report Spam   Logged

Im2Sexy4MyPants

« Reply #18 on: October 03, 2016, 02:56:35 pm »

Grin
Report Spam   Logged

Go to

AND WAKE THE F_ _K UP
Im2Sexy4MyPants

« Reply #19 on: October 07, 2016, 03:38:33 pm »

Report Spam   Logged

Go to

AND WAKE THE F_ _K UP
Kiwithrottlejockey
Admin Staff
XNC2 GOD

Having fun in the hills!

« Reply #20 on: October 15, 2016, 01:03:29 pm »

Well....he has certainly outlasted those who put him on trial for heresy back in the 1960s!!

from Fairfax NZ....

National portrait: Lloyd Geering, the honest heretic

WRESTLING WITH GOD

By NIKKI MACDONALD | 5:00AM - Saturday, 15 October 2016

Influential thinker Sir Lloyd Geering faced a heresy trial in 1967 for daring to question fundamental teachings of the church. — Photograph: Monique Ford/Fairfax NZ.
Influential thinker Sir Lloyd Geering faced a heresy trial in 1967 for daring to question
fundamental teachings of the church. — Photograph: Monique Ford/Fairfax NZ.

IT WAS killing off the immortal soul that did it. Questioning the Bible's literal truth was challenging; questioning Christ's resurrection was tricky, but not insurmountable.

But saying man had no immortal soul was a step too far.

Almost 50 years on, Sir Lloyd Geering has no regrets about the bold articles and sermons that saw him face down the church in the country's most famous heresy trial, in 1967.

And at 98 — facing his own mortality — the Presbyterian minister, influential thinker and one of the 20 greatest living New Zealanders remains adamant there is no life after death.

Afternoons are out, Geering says of possible interview times — that's nap time. It's a rare concession to age, which he seems to have shaken off as carelessly as the hate mail and death threats that inevitably followed from accusations of heretical thinking, at a time when religion was so strong the Student Christian Movement was Otago University's largest organisation.

Geering's near-century of experience spans a remarkable cultural revolution marked by the rapid decline of the church as keeper of society's moral code. Geering's thinking has evolved, too, through a depression, a world war, and the sad reality of ageing — losing the ones you love.

Dapper in his stripey socks and fashionable black jumper, Geering settles into an antique armchair in his Wellington apartment, lending me his better ear — the left one. Vases hold wild flowers collected on his daily walks; an “On me bike” artwork marks years of cycling adventures, before biking came with lycra and gears.

Opposite, another artwork reads “Bidden or not bidden God is present”. It seems odd for a man who calls himself a non-theist and once wrote a book entitled Christianity Without God.

Victoria University commissioned a portrait to commemorate Geering's role as Professor of Religious Studies, from 1971 to 1984. Geering turned to academic life after his heresy trial showed the church was no holy society and could harbour poisonous animosities like any human community. — Photograph: Martin Hunter/Fairfax NZ.
Victoria University commissioned a portrait to commemorate Geering's role as Professor of
Religious Studies, from 1971 to 1984. Geering turned to academic life after his heresy trial
showed the church was no holy society and could harbour poisonous animosities like any
human community. — Photograph: Martin Hunter/Fairfax NZ.

To Geering, God is a symbolic term for our highest values — honesty, truthfulness, love for ourselves and others. And the looming spectre of death has not sent him clutching for the comfort of a heavenly afterlife.

“Well, I prefer to live. One's got to accept one's mortality. It's not an easy thing to do really. Of course, when you're young it doesn't really worry you much because you believe it's a long way away. Now I know it can't be too far away.”

He's grateful for an interesting life. There are some regrets. Nothing serious — he still feels bad about nicking lollies as an 11-year-old. People and relationships become increasingly important: “Death breaks them of course. I've known that.”

Geering has been widowed twice over — his first wife Nancy died of tuberculosis in 1949. His second wife, Elaine, died in 2001, after 50 years of marriage. His approach to the two deaths charts the change in his thinking — from clinging to the traditional belief of life after death, to an acceptance the soul is not immortal. Perhaps surprisingly, Geering found heavenly thoughts no comfort at all.

“In fact, it was a comfort to realise that my second wife no longer existed, except in me. Whereas after the death of my first wife I used to imagine her in some sort of heavenly place, and we were separated.”

Geering was not born into religion. His parents met while working at Kaiapoi Woollen Mill. There were Sunday school sessions and a temperance vow at age seven. Both lapsed — Geering enjoys his nightly red wine.

His was a loner childhood — constantly moving as his father chased work, then farmed, then lost the farm in an economic downturn. So the community of the church appealed to Geering. It's the same reason he still attends liberal St Andrew's down the road, where he's helped run lectures for 25 years.

There was no road to Damascus conversion. No slaying in the Holy Spirit. And if he were born today there's no way he would seek religion. It was, he says, the equivalent of the modern “finding yourself” — looking for purpose.

Governor-General Anand Satyanand makes Geering a member of the Order of New Zealand, in 2007, in recognition of his contribution to public debate.
Governor-General Anand Satyanand makes Geering a member of the Order of New Zealand,
in 2007, in recognition of his contribution to public debate.

Within a year of embracing Christianity, he was offering himself to be a minister. His father hoped it would lead to a political career. His brother warned the church would die in 30 years.

Geering himself was not unquestioning. A mathematics student, he checked before signing on that he would not have to believe “that stuff about Adam and Eve”. The minister assured him no-one believed that any more. He was not, Geering says, quite truthful.

So he became a parish minister and learned to drink tea. While his brothers went to war, he preached pacifism at soldiers' farewell services. And as he taught as principal of Dunedin's Knox Theological College, he read and adopted more of the era's liberal thinking.

Geering says there was nothing new in the views that provoked his heresy trial. The challenge emerged from fundamentalism's rise in the face of increasingly liberal Christian belief; the pitting of a canon of unchangeable beliefs against a faith that evolves with time and society.

Fundamentalism is a swear word in Geering's lexicon. It's idolatry, the opposite of good religion. And it's impossible to counter. Look at the United States. He's been following the presidential election, which he finds both funny and terribly alarming.

He never did get into politics, instead becoming a religious studies professor at Victoria University. He worries about the Earth and growing inequality and ditched Labour for the Greens after Roger Douglas ruined everything.

At 98, Geering still drives. He still writes, the 21st-birthday typewriter traded for a computer. There's another book at the publisher — “Portholes to the Past”. His heresy accusers, meanwhile, are long since forgotten.

Traditional religion, too, is dead, he says. But its ideals must live on.

“We have to learn in the modern secular world to be responsible for ourselves, our neighbours and now, of course, the Earth and to carry the values that came out of the Christian tradition.”

http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/84936201
Report Spam   Logged

Im2Sexy4MyPants

« Reply #21 on: October 15, 2016, 05:46:36 pm »

Now he gets to find out for real if he has a soul  Wink

there are doctors and scientist that say they have proof that there is life after death
Report Spam   Logged

Go to

AND WAKE THE F_ _K UP

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: