Xtra News Community 2
April 20, 2024, 04:12:21 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to Xtra News Community 2 — please also join our XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP.

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links BITEBACK! XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP Staff List Login Register  

.....Paying to Pay......

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: .....Paying to Pay......  (Read 245 times)
donquixotenz
Senator
Shit-Hot Member

STILL TILTING

« on: May 23, 2014, 08:01:24 am »

Undecided
Is it old age or is the world getting crazier  Huh

Seems some one has found a way to rake off a few cents when you pay your bill. WTF............. Shocked

From 1 June 2014 the following fees will apply:

• for all credit card and debit card payments made online or over the phone, including recurring payments - 0.7% credit card processing fee (for example, for every $100 you'll incur a fee of 70 cents)

• for payments over the counter - $1.20 payment administration fee.
Report Spam   Logged

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body.

But rather, to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming...

WOW, What a Ride!"

Please note: IMHO and e&oe apply to all my posts.

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Calliope
Incredibly Shit-Hot Member

If music be the food of love, play on

« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2014, 10:52:22 pm »

Who the hell is doing that?

Report Spam   Logged

[W]hat the internet and its cult of anonymity do is to provide a blanket sort of immunity for anybody who wants to say anything about anybody else, and it would be difficult in this sense to think of a more morally deformed exploitation of the concept of free speech.
- Richard Bernstein in the New York Times
guest49
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2014, 09:59:50 am »

Don't know this particular company of Don's, but some years back, the government changed the rules around credit card charges so instead of businesses carrying the credit card company charges and building it into the overheads, they could now charge the customer a gouging fee to cover any possible charge that could be dreamt up.
Unsurprisingly, many companies seized on this windfall with both metaphorical hands and as usual, the customer pays and pays again.

You doubtless noticed all the companies reducing their prices when they no longer had to cover the CC charges?  Roll Eyes
Report Spam   Logged
nitpicker1
XNC2 GOD

Nothing sexceeds like sexcess

« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2014, 04:46:37 pm »

Seems some one has found a way to rake off a few cents when you pay your bill. WTF............. Shocked

• for all credit card and debit card payments made online or over the phone, including recurring payments - 0.7% credit card processing fee (for example, for every $100 you'll incur a fee of 70 cents)

• for payments over the counter - $1.20 payment administration fee

so I googled  and

https://www.google.co.nz/#q=From+1+June+2014+the+following+fees+will+apply%3A+%E2%80%A2+for+all+credit+card+and+debit+card+payments+made+online+or+over+the+phone%2C+including+recurring+payments+-+0.7%25+credit+card+processing+fee+(for+example%2C+for+every+%24100+you'll+incur+a+fee+of+70+cents)%E2%80%A2+for+payments+over+the+counter+-+%241.20+payment+administration+fee..+
Report Spam   Logged

"Life might not be the party you were expecting, but you're here now, so you may as well get up and dance"
donquixotenz
Senator
Shit-Hot Member

STILL TILTING

« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2014, 01:07:41 pm »

Who the hell is doing that?

genesis energy.... apparently there are some ways to avoid these charges but could not find understandable information on theur site

Report Spam   Logged

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body.

But rather, to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming...

WOW, What a Ride!"

ssweetpea
Absolutely Fabulously Incredibly Shit-Hot Member

« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2014, 03:59:46 pm »

Oh yeah, I got one of those too.

Hi Mr xxxxxxx

An update on your payment options.

We wanted to let you know about some changes that may affect the way you pay your monthly Genesis Energy bill.

•    for all debit and credit card payments made online or over the phone, including recurring payments - 0.7% credit card processing fee (for example, for every $100 you'll incur a fee of 70 cents)

•    for payments over the counter - $1.20 payment administration fee.

You can avoid these fees by using one of our other convenient payment options - including a scheduled direct debit from your bank account. They're all easy to set up, so take a look online.

VIEW PAYMENT OPTIONS >

If you've any questions about this change, please don't hesitate to talk to our Customer Care Team on 0800 300 400. They'll be happy to help.

Yours sincerely

Mike Fuge
Chief Operating Officer

I am guessing that I am not going to be charged for paying them using a transfer via internet banking. I am also guessing that they have found that their brownie point reward system (which is a crock of nothing if you are not a high user) is failing to encourage customers to pay using less costly methods.

If they are going to add on too many unavoidable extra charges I'll switch to Contact or Mercury for my gas.

Report Spam   Logged

The way politicians run this country a small white cat should have no problem http://sally4mp.blogspot.com/
donquixotenz
Senator
Shit-Hot Member

STILL TILTING

« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2014, 06:44:59 pm »

yeah suspect they are trying to recover incentives paid on new customer drive just prior putting sheres on market...
Also brownie points.....found that I had lost points and was to lose another 100 next month....When I asked wtf they said they had expired?Huh seems making own rules as they go... A portent of future???
Report Spam   Logged

WOW, What a Ride!"

ssweetpea
Absolutely Fabulously Incredibly Shit-Hot Member

« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2014, 07:14:43 pm »

I earn about as many brownie points that expire every month. Never enough to get even the lowest reward.

I refuse to switch my electricity to them and pay more for it just so I can earn a few more points. The cost to me wouldn't equate to the magazine sub that I might earn with the points. This is also the reason I haven't switched to Mercury - their power prices are ok but their gas prices are dearer.
Report Spam   Logged

The way politicians run this country a small white cat should have no problem http://sally4mp.blogspot.com/

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: