Xtra News Community 2
March 30, 2024, 10:57:14 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to Xtra News Community 2 — please also join our XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP.

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links BITEBACK! XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP Staff List Login Register  

MEMORIES of XNC2 @ MSN....

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MEMORIES of XNC2 @ MSN....  (Read 4148 times)
Kiwithrottlejockey
« on: January 29, 2009, 07:59:41 pm »

A valedictory thread on the old group for members to say goodbye to the Xtra News Community 2 group @ MSN and reminisce about the good times and bad before the group is locked-down on Sunday 1st February 2009.

http://groups.msn.com/XtraNewsCommunity2/general.msnw?action=get_message&mview=0&ID_Message=241335&LastModified
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Brownie55
Global Moderator
Incredibly Shit-Hot Member

OK, so what’s the speed of dark?

« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2009, 08:10:38 pm »

Awwww I was one of the first members on the original XNC   wich was controlled by xtra with a manager.  We had some fun back then, even a revolt for a couple of days after 2 of our favourite members were banned.( which was why TJ created xnc2 as a backup)  made lots of friends and met heaps of you. We have lost quite a few valued members and had heaps of laughs. Pity there is not a chat room here, but I do have a few pages from the old chatroom ( before they were closed down)  so if you made a blooper there {like somebodies famous TARTAN blooper}  I just might have you filed away.
Report Spam   Logged

I almost had a psychic boyfriend, but he left me before we met.
k1w14ever
Senator
Shit-Hot Member

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2009, 09:43:01 pm »

are you every going to forget that?HuhHuh
We had been in this house about a year or 2 when I joined. 
News was funny, sometimes we could get her to chat and was nice.  But then we a  new News and she was a grumping bum
Report Spam   Logged

The length of a film should be directly related to the endurance of the human bladder.
Brownie55
Global Moderator

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2009, 10:49:18 pm »

NEWS    I had forgotten her name.  It was a her wasn't it?   

That blooper was too too funny to forget Kiwi.
Report Spam   Logged

Kiwithrottlejockey
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2009, 11:17:09 pm »

The second News was the grumpy bitch who banned PommieWench, k1w14ever and someone else (was it Bella?) resulting in a revolt on the group where we posted thread after thread after thread after thread after thread telling News exactly what we thought of her in no uncertain terms (some of it was pretty blunt). News then posted a thread threatening to ban the lot of us if we wern't careful. That's when I created the first Xtra News Community 2 group so that people could join it, then if News got too nasty and booted everyone out, or even deleted Xtra News Community altogether, we had XNC2 to stay in touch. Within a short time, News no.2 was replaced by News no.3 and XNC2 became a sort of social group. News no.3 was a nice lady. I emailed her about something (using the Contact the Group Manager function and she replied using her @teamxtra.co.nz work email address and using her real name. Then she got her hands smacked by her boss for revealing who she was to me as well as using her work email addy. However, I used to email her direct after that whenever there was a problem and she always replied to me and even chatted to us on BiteBack (in the chat room) a couple of times. When she handed over to News no.4, I lost that direct contact, then MSN pulled-the-plug on the original Xtra News Community group managed by a Xtra employee, so everyone moved over to XNC2 which had countinued to function as a nice, quiet social group until that point, but which suddenly changed in a huge way.

And now we've moved to SMF For Free, but we're still the same basic online community.
Report Spam   Logged
k1w14ever
Senator
Shit-Hot Member

« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2009, 08:35:36 am »

tha right we got banned.  That was so funny.  ahh the old days.
I know Browine it will never be forgotten.   
Report Spam   Logged

The length of a film should be directly related to the endurance of the human bladder.
Shef
Senator
Shit-Hot Member

« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2009, 08:23:22 pm »

LOL I remember that night. Didn't Pommie come back on as BearBum and you started a new nick too Kiwi. We spammed two pages of 'Bring back" threads and Xtra gave up and let you all back in. And the thread you got kicked out on was because "News" started a new thread on something we'd been talking about for hours (obviously she never read the board) and one of you answered with "you snooze- you lose" and she got all shitty and started booting Grin

Report Spam   Logged

Success is getting what you want. Happiness is wanting what you get.
k1w14ever
Senator
Shit-Hot Member

« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2009, 09:26:23 pm »

good memory Shef.
I remember good News was named Katherine( I think)  She use to e-mail me and was very nice
Report Spam   Logged

relaxed1
Bloody-Good Member

« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2009, 03:59:44 am »

Those were the good old days of knock down hissy fits for sure and i remember when Bella got baned that sucked....Who got baned for swearing? can't believe it wasn't me lol
Report Spam   Logged

I know how i am and your approval isn't needed
Justic
Global Moderator
Shit-Hot Member

« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2009, 01:36:09 pm »

Those were the good old days of knock down hissy fits for sure and i remember when Bella got baned that sucked....Who got baned for swearing? can't believe it wasn't me lol

I miss Bella and her fiesty posts.
Report Spam   Logged

"Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts."
Shef
Senator
Shit-Hot Member

« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2009, 03:29:12 pm »

I think Bella started drifting away after Sal passed away. She was really devestated when she found out, and just posted less and less Sad
Report Spam   Logged

Success is getting what you want. Happiness is wanting what you get.
Brownie55
Global Moderator

« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2009, 04:07:25 pm »

I haven't seen Bella for ages. I used to run into her sometimes.  Hope she turns up in here sometime.
Report Spam   Logged

Kiwithrottlejockey
« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2009, 04:44:35 pm »

Bella posted a couple of messages in the old XNC2 @ MSN on election night. It was the first time she had posted for at least two years. So she is obviously still around.
Report Spam   Logged
Kiwithrottlejockey
« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2009, 07:31:13 pm »

The old group is lying there virtually disembowelled with every single page that used to be hidden and accessible via various links now out in the open in the group's index at the left of every page on the group. You don't realise just how many bloody pages (in addition to the messageboards) there are in that old group until you see it all laid out on display like that.

It has been all opened up like that to make it easy to copy the entire group. Already MSN appear to have suspected a denial of service attack and slammed one gate shut, but the copying has merely continued via another gate....Grin

http://groups.msn.com/XtraNewsCommunity2
Report Spam   Logged
DazzaMc
Don't give me Karma!
Admin Staff
Absolutely Fabulously Incredibly Shit-Hot Member

« Reply #14 on: February 03, 2009, 06:02:30 am »

Gods you lot can talk a lot!!!

The copy of XNC2 has so far sucked down 2.2GB - and it's STILL going!!!!

Report Spam   Logged

Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one.
donquixotenz
Senator
Shit-Hot Member

STILL TILTING

« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2009, 06:12:01 am »

Jeeez look at all those banana recipies. They could be preserved in the Crockpot?
Report Spam   Logged

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body.

But rather, to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming...

WOW, What a Ride!"

Please note: IMHO and e&oe apply to all my posts.
DazzaMc
Don't give me Karma!
Admin Staff

« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2009, 06:18:35 am »

Sure could!

Just how we get them in there is currently undecided - but there's a heap of content on MSN XNC2 which would fit rather nicely into this new flash place of ours!

Report Spam   Logged

Newtown-Fella
« Reply #17 on: February 03, 2009, 06:39:10 am »

where were we with total number of posts @ 1 Feb when you took the old girl down ?
Report Spam   Logged
DazzaMc
Don't give me Karma!
Admin Staff

« Reply #18 on: February 03, 2009, 12:14:18 pm »

Total downloaded so far: 7.86GB!!!!!

Arrrggghhhhhhh!!!!

Report Spam   Logged

Kiwithrottlejockey
« Reply #19 on: February 03, 2009, 12:47:37 pm »

where were we with total number of posts @ 1 Feb when you took the old girl down ?

I posted the very last message on the group (in the group's very first thread) and it was the <drumroll> 241,410th message posted to Xtra News Community 2. We missed out on the quarter-million milestone by 3,590 posts!  Sad
Report Spam   Logged
DazzaMc
Don't give me Karma!
Admin Staff

« Reply #20 on: February 03, 2009, 03:26:30 pm »

36,000 pages of posts!!!!!

Geez guys!!

Report Spam   Logged

Caprox

« Reply #21 on: February 03, 2009, 05:02:48 pm »

Ahh, the good old days at XNC2. I remember the Great Revolution that created XNC2 from XNC Wink.  The original XNC had a few different Managers, called 'News'. Some were better than others, for sure. But the new XNC2 that was created, was managed by members, and was by far better.

I think Brownie was one of the very first members of the original XNC, I joined a couple of weeks later, along with Oswald Bastable, and a small but loyal group soon were making regular appearances.

Many are still here, which is great. I remember some of the characters who were around in the early days, but are no longer posting for different reasons. There was Adjustor (I wonder what happened to him?) , and Millsy, and Pommiewench, and Captain Pugwash , and Spida , and Ares Abani, and good old Salamander24 (R.I.P)

Many good people posted on XNC and XNC2, and some not-so-good. Many memories.   Smiley
Report Spam   Logged
k1w14ever
Senator
Shit-Hot Member

« Reply #22 on: February 03, 2009, 05:12:06 pm »

I know there is a member who's id back in the beginning was a star wars character but now is different.
Pommie is living in the northen beaches here but have not heard from her in years.  The book lady i see every couple of years.  She meet my terrible two last time and bless there soles where well behaved.  Have meet many people on here when I have been home and would have them in my home at any time.
Report Spam   Logged

Ares Abani
Shit-Hot Member

« Reply #23 on: February 04, 2009, 06:06:13 am »

Caprox/Rocks

I was wondering where you got off to. I heard you got married. Does the little woman own a nice set of iron skillets? Smiley I am glad things aregoing wellin your life. I think a baby Cap rocks would be grand.

I was thinking about Adjustor the other day and wondering about himthe last time i saw a post by him was at matty non msn board and that was the last i've seen him.

I miss that little dummy millsy too and where the hell is neo?

The original board was my first board experience and I remember Tim was the first person to speak to me folllow by Rocks and from that point on a whole life began for me on these boards.I reckon some of the most fun i ever had on these boards was with you fine kiwi folks. I never dreamed that nicks on the net could touch a person so much the lose of Sal,looney,ducky,Vtman,doormouse) was like losing a friend in real life.They will not be forgotten.

Report Spam   Logged

CS Lewis says in 'A Grief Observed'
"I need Christ, not something that resembles Him.”
Lovelee
XNC2 GOD

« Reply #24 on: February 04, 2009, 06:14:35 am »

I chat to Milsy on several different boards, hes still around.
Report Spam   Logged

Laughter is the best medicine, unless you've got a really nasty case of syphilis, in which case penicillin is your best bet.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: