Xtra News Community 2
April 20, 2024, 09:19:21 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to Xtra News Community 2 — please also join our XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP.

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links BITEBACK! XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP Staff List Login Register  

Warm Fuzzies

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Warm Fuzzies  (Read 2602 times)
donquixotenz
Senator
Shit-Hot Member

STILL TILTING

« on: January 17, 2014, 11:19:38 am »

This thread is for anything that warms the heart and brings maybe, a tear or two.
Please add your favourites.

Report Spam   Logged

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body.

But rather, to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming...

WOW, What a Ride!"

Please note: IMHO and e&oe apply to all my posts.

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

nitpicker1
XNC2 GOD

Nothing sexceeds like sexcess

« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2014, 05:13:02 am »

Cry

tnx, donq

It ain't what ya say, it's the way that ya say it.
Report Spam   Logged

"Life might not be the party you were expecting, but you're here now, so you may as well get up and dance"
Alicat
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2014, 07:59:13 am »

This thread is for anything that warms the heart and brings maybe, a tear or two.
Please add your favourites.

Absolutely beautiful!
Report Spam   Logged
nitpicker1
XNC2 GOD

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2014, 05:51:34 pm »

Toddler hears himself laugh for the first time

January 28, 2014, 11:11 am
Lauren Tuck
Yahoo Shine Parenting Yahoo!7

Two-year-old Dylan defied all the odds when he heard his own laughter for the first time last month.

http://nz.lifestyle.yahoo.com/practical-parenting/toddler-preschooler/development/article/-/21108858/toddler-hears-himself-laugh-for-the-first-time/
Report Spam   Logged

"Life might not be the party you were expecting, but you're here now, so you may as well get up and dance"
nitpicker1
XNC2 GOD

« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2014, 05:36:37 pm »

http://nz.news.yahoo.com/video/watch/21272453/neknomination-with-a-positive-twist/

BTW WHERE IS DONQ?

Report Spam   Logged

donquixotenz
Senator
Shit-Hot Member

STILL TILTING

« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2014, 11:52:56 am »

Thanks for asking, I'm fine, just been a bit tied up lately.
Report Spam   Logged

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body.

But rather, to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming...

WOW, What a Ride!"

nitpicker1
XNC2 GOD

« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2014, 02:45:42 pm »

http://nz.news.yahoo.com/news-gallery/photo/-/21671538/aerials-of-amazing-beach-art/21671739/
Report Spam   Logged

donquixotenz
Senator
Shit-Hot Member

STILL TILTING

« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2014, 11:30:28 am »

Report Spam   Logged

WOW, What a Ride!"

nitpicker1
XNC2 GOD

« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2014, 07:09:03 am »

Lotto winner has never owned a house

Lesley Deverall, Newstalk ZB
March 11, 2014, 7:40 pm

http://nz.news.yahoo.com/a/-/top-stories/21923205/lotto-winner-has-never-owned-a-house/
Report Spam   Logged

nitpicker1
XNC2 GOD

« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2014, 08:24:24 am »

Trade Me church's lease of love

By Ben Irwin

4:15 AM Tuesday Mar 18, 2014

Community thrilled historic building now good as new after buyers on website turn out to be benefactors.
The picturesque Kohekohe Church could have been lost to the local community for good if it hadn't been for Trade Me.

Built in 1886, it had been unused for more than 35 years and had fallen into disrepair - but instead of an eyesore Antonella Coppolino and her business partner Patsy Deverall saw an opportunity.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=11221473

Report Spam   Logged

Calliope
Incredibly Shit-Hot Member

If music be the food of love, play on

« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2014, 09:20:03 am »

Not a news story but I am going on a road trip next week to discover long lost relatives. It gives me warm fuzzies so thought I would post it here.
Report Spam   Logged

[W]hat the internet and its cult of anonymity do is to provide a blanket sort of immunity for anybody who wants to say anything about anybody else, and it would be difficult in this sense to think of a more morally deformed exploitation of the concept of free speech.
- Richard Bernstein in the New York Times
nitpicker1
XNC2 GOD

« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2014, 11:56:36 am »

Not a news story but I am going on a road trip next week to discover long lost relatives. It gives me warm fuzzies so thought I would post it here.

Smiley

Report Spam   Logged

donquixotenz
Senator
Shit-Hot Member

STILL TILTING

« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2014, 05:49:19 pm »

<div id="fb-root"></div> <script>(function(d, s, id) { var js, fjs = d.getElementsByTagName(s)[0]; if (d.getElementById(id)) return; js = d.createElement(s); js.id = id; js.src = "//connect.facebook.net/en_GB/all.js#xfbml=1"; fjs.parentNode.insertBefore(js, fjs); }(document, 'script', 'facebook-jssdk'));</script>
<div class="fb-post" data-href="
" data-width="466"><div class="fb-xfbml-parse-ignore">
by The Entertaining Elf.</div></div>
Report Spam   Logged

WOW, What a Ride!"

nitpicker1
XNC2 GOD

« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2014, 08:06:01 am »

re  Donq's mess # 12

Our family had a Golden Retriever when my brother and I were 8 and 12 years old.

We used to swim in a pool in our local river. If he was with us he would take us by an arm and make us come out.

He was bred as a retriever, had what is called a soft mouth but was no good for duck shooting 'cos he was gun-shy.

He never hurt us as he was rescuing us and he left other kids in the pool alone.

I have tracked the vid down on you tube and will send him the link.

more modification

you tube and will send him the link.

you tube and will send my brother!! not the dog!! the link.

« Last Edit: March 20, 2014, 08:27:33 am by nitpicker1 » Report Spam   Logged

donquixotenz
Senator
Shit-Hot Member

STILL TILTING

« Reply #14 on: March 20, 2014, 04:53:36 pm »

Wonder how many Takes it took to make this cool vid...

http://www.youtube.com/embed/AA56LgpFbSw?rel=0
Report Spam   Logged

WOW, What a Ride!"

guest49
« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2014, 06:48:26 pm »

Hekia Parata
Report Spam   Logged
donquixotenz
Senator
Shit-Hot Member

STILL TILTING

« Reply #16 on: March 22, 2014, 06:42:47 am »

Awesome. Don't miss these Talented Maori Kids playing Nothing Else Matters by Metallica on strings.
Report Spam   Logged

WOW, What a Ride!"

donquixotenz
Senator
Shit-Hot Member

STILL TILTING

« Reply #17 on: April 08, 2014, 05:45:49 pm »

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10152269249108726&set=vb.669133725&type=2&theater
Report Spam   Logged

WOW, What a Ride!"

donquixotenz
Senator
Shit-Hot Member

STILL TILTING

« Reply #18 on: April 16, 2014, 06:58:27 pm »

http://www.reshareworthy.com/80-year-old-salsa-dancer/#UrVseiFYFQgjC00d.01
Report Spam   Logged

WOW, What a Ride!"

Calliope
Incredibly Shit-Hot Member

If music be the food of love, play on

« Reply #19 on: April 17, 2014, 11:34:06 pm »

Absolutely delightful - Almost makes me want to take up dancing.
Report Spam   Logged

[W]hat the internet and its cult of anonymity do is to provide a blanket sort of immunity for anybody who wants to say anything about anybody else, and it would be difficult in this sense to think of a more morally deformed exploitation of the concept of free speech.
- Richard Bernstein in the New York Times
nitpicker1
XNC2 GOD

« Reply #20 on: April 28, 2014, 08:33:31 am »

3D artists give beach a new dimension

By Jamie Morton

4:15 AM Monday Apr 28, 2014

A group of imaginative artists has shown magic can be made from a few simple lines in the sand.

Mt Maunganui beachgoers couldn't help doing double-takes at a three-dimensional marine scene created on a stretch of sand between the Mount and Matakana Island yesterday morning.

Local artist Jamie Harkins (pictured at front) oversaw its creation with help from fellow artists (from left) Lucia Lupf, David Rendu and Constanza Nightingale.

Inspired by 3D chalk drawings on pavement, he said he was keen to take the concept to the beach.

"We've seen other people doing stuff on beaches, but it's always been geometric, flat shapes, like a pattern, so we thought we'd get into the whole 3D thing," he said. "And I kind of like the fact that it disappears at the end of the day when the tide comes in. It makes it impermanent."

See a time-lapse video of the project here: tinyurl.com/mount3dart

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/entertainment/news/article.cfm?c_id=1501119&objectid=11245291

sorry, it seems that the tiny url doesn't want to work  Cry

I kind of like the fact that it disappears at the end of the day when the tide comes in.  Me too

Report Spam   Logged

donquixotenz
Senator
Shit-Hot Member

STILL TILTING

« Reply #21 on: April 28, 2014, 08:55:22 am »

Report Spam   Logged

WOW, What a Ride!"

nitpicker1
XNC2 GOD

« Reply #22 on: May 02, 2014, 06:21:50 pm »

Squirrel goes nuts on teenager taking selfie

AP
May 2, 2014, 5:08 pm

A photo op with a squirrel that went awry has left a teenager flustered but unhurt.

Seventeen-year-old Brian Genest, of Auburn, said Thursday he saw what appeared to be a friendly squirrel on a hand rail while walking through John Chestnut Park near Tampa, Florida. He was on a trip looking at colleges.

Genest took a selfie of himself and the squirrel. But the flash and noises from his camera phone scared the squirrel, which climbed under his shirt and hung onto his back before scampering out.

"He was just in that spot where my arm can't reach him," Genest said. "I threw myself on the ground, and that scared him off."

Genest's mother, Paula Wright, snapped photos of the hoopla, originally posted to his Instagram feed along with his selfie.

Genest had approached the squirrel making clicking sounds with his tongue to get closer. His mother said the spectacle Saturday taught him a lesson.

"I think he got a little lesson from the squirrel that he's not really its buddy," she said.
She said neither her son nor the squirrel was harmed.

https://nz.news.yahoo.com/a/-/top-stories/23154028/squirrel-goes-nuts-on-teenager-taking-selfie/

Genest's mother, Paula Wright, snapped photos of the hoopla, originally posted to his Instagram feed along with his selfie.

Report Spam   Logged

donquixotenz
Senator
Shit-Hot Member

STILL TILTING

« Reply #23 on: May 03, 2014, 09:58:44 am »

Elephant Boogie.....

http://blog.petflow.com/video-a-man-played-music-next-for-elephants-what-they-did-next-will-amaze-you-wow/
Report Spam   Logged

WOW, What a Ride!"

nitpicker1
XNC2 GOD

« Reply #24 on: May 03, 2014, 10:44:54 am »

It was great until the ad that I couldn't clearcame up, so I  hit the "view on you tube" button and got it all

It was even cooler! tyft
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: