Xtra News Community 2
March 29, 2024, 02:36:08 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to Xtra News Community 2 — please also join our XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP.

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links BITEBACK! XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP Staff List Login Register  

What's the Weather like at your place?

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 58   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What's the Weather like at your place?  (Read 29978 times)
Kiwithrottlejockey
« on: January 24, 2009, 10:55:28 pm »

Tell us all about the weather where you are!  Tongue

Or — even better — post some photographs.... Grin

Beach Bum Black Cloud Cold Water Digging Snow
Lightning & Rain Partly Cloudy Rainng snowy Sprinkler
Sunburn Sunny Warming By The Fire Windy
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

DazzaMc
Don't give me Karma!
Admin Staff
Absolutely Fabulously Incredibly Shit-Hot Member

« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2009, 08:06:55 am »

The weather here today is...

FAR TO BLOODY HOT!

Huh
Report Spam   Logged

Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one.
Brownie55
Global Moderator
Incredibly Shit-Hot Member

OK, so what’s the speed of dark?

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2009, 11:35:44 am »

Very very hot again.
Report Spam   Logged

I almost had a psychic boyfriend, but he left me before we met.
Kiwithrottlejockey
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2009, 12:05:11 pm »

Very, very, very warm at my place....the thermometer on the wall is showing 30°C at present!

I think I'll repost all my weather messages (with photographs) that I have posted in the Weather thread at the old group since Xmas, to add a bit of colour to this thread.... Tongue
Report Spam   Logged
Kiwithrottlejockey
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2009, 12:08:06 pm »

Originally posted on Boxing Day, 26th December 2008....

Boxing Day and summertime!

A gorgeous day at the bottom of the North Island of NZ on Friday with blue skies, sunshine and only a few clouds over the tops of the ranges. Mid afternoon, it clouded over somewhat, then the skies cleared again late afternoon.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Castlepoint on the Wairarapa coastline east of Masterton late Friday afternoon....

Castlepoint Lighthouse with Castle Point and Castle Rock in the background as viewed at 4:29pm on Boxing Day, Friday 26th December 2008.

Castle Rock at Castlepoint on the Wairarapa coast as viewed at 4:35pm on Boxing Day, Friday 26th December 2008.

The wild Wairarapa coastline at Castlepoint 63km by road from Masterton as viewed at 4:35pm on Boxing Day, Friday 26th December 2008.

Castlepoint and Castlepoint Lighthouse looking north along the Wairarapa coastline at 4:40pm on Boxing Day, Friday 26th December 2008.

A section of 1:50,000 topomap showing Castlepoint and Castle Point on the Wairarapa coastline east of Masterton.
Report Spam   Logged
Kiwithrottlejockey
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2009, 12:10:06 pm »

Originally posted during the wee hours of Sunday morning, 28th December 2008....

A nice warm day in Wairarapa on Saturday, although lots of cloud around, but the sun was shining and it was nice and warm. Across the ranges, it was a grey, drizzley day in the Hutt Valley and Wellington in the morning when I was over there.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This was the weather in Wairarapa yesterday (Saturday) afternoon....

Wairarapa countryside as viewed from near the Waiohine Gorge at 2:46pm on Saturday 27th December 2008.

Wairarapa countryside as viewed from near the Waiohine Gorge at 2:46pm on Saturday 27th December 2008.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2009, 12:14:57 pm by Kiwithrottlejockey » Report Spam   Logged
Kiwithrottlejockey
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2009, 12:14:10 pm »

Also originally posted on Sunday, 28th December 2008, but late in the day....

An absolutely, fabulously cracker of a day at the bottom of the North Island in NZ.

Blue skies, lots of sunshine, only a few tiny clouds and currently 31°C at my place.

Wellington weather this morning....

Beautiful weather while departing Wellington (with Wadestown in the background) at 10:07am on Sunday 28th December 2008.

Wellington Harbour and Wellington City as viewed from the western shoreline near Horokiwi at 10:15am on Sunday 28th December 2008.

Wairarapa weather late this morning....

South Wairarapa countryside as viewed from the foothills of the Rimutaka Ranges looking towards Lake Wairarapa and the Aorangi Range at 11:00am on Sunday 28th December 2008.

Wairarapa countryside as viewed from near Taratahi looking towards the Tararua Ranges at 11:32am on Sunday 28th December 2008.
Report Spam   Logged
Kiwithrottlejockey
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2009, 12:17:31 pm »

Originally posted on New Year's Day, 1st January 2009....

Sunny and warm at the bottom of the North Island of NZ on New Year's Day 2009.

However, the nor'wester is blowing fairly hard today. Currently 26°C at my place.

Pohutukawa flowers at Petone this morning....

Pohutukawa flowers at Petone on New Year's Day, Thursday 1st January 2009.

A lovely summer day approaching Wellington this morning....

Approaching Wellington while rounding Rocky Point along the western shoreline of Wellington Harbour at 9:16am on New Year's Day, Thursday 1st January 2009.
Report Spam   Logged
Kiwithrottlejockey
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2009, 12:19:08 pm »

Originally posted on Friday, 2nd January....

A mixed-bag of weather at the bottom of the North Island of NZ today. It was fine, but mostly cloudy in Wairarapa this morning. On the Wellington side of the ranges, it was a cloudy, grey day at first, however by late morning the sun was shining north of Lower Hutt. Back to Wairarapa and it is a partly cloudy but mostly sunny day with lots of blue skies between the clouds. However, there is thick cloud to the west and northwest over the ranges. Currently 26 degrees celcius at my place.

Wellington weather this morning....

Wellington Harbour as viewed from the western shoreline near Horokiwi looking towards Wellington City on a grey morning at 10:26am on Friday 2nd January 2009.

Wellington Harbour as viewed from the western shoreline near Horokiwi looking towards Petone on a grey morning at 10:27am on Friday 2nd January 2009.
Report Spam   Logged
Kiwithrottlejockey
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2009, 12:21:06 pm »

Originally posted on Thursday, 22nd January....

Summertime continues at the bottom of the North Island in New Zealand. A couple of rainy days throughout the month so far, but mostly blue skies (with a few clouds on some days), lots of sunshine and warm temperatures.

Time for a few weather photographs taken over the past 2½ weeks.

Featherston early in the morning on Sunday 4th January....

Featherston looking west along Revans Street towards SH2 and the ranges at 8:28am on Sunday 4th January 2009.

Dawn colours at Masterton, followed by a very early morning scene at Featherston on Monday 5th January....

Dawn colours not long before sunrise as viewed from Masterton Railway Station at 5:40am on Monday 5th January 2009.

Dawn colours not long before sunrise as viewed from Masterton Railway Station at 5:41am on Monday 5th January 2009.

Dawn colours not long before sunrise as viewed from Masterton Railway Station at 5:45am on Monday 5th January 2009.

Featherston looking west along Fitzherbert Street (SH2) towards the ranges at 6:28am on Monday 5th January 2009.

Sunrise through the trees at Matarawa, followed by a view of cruise ships at Wellington on Thursday 15th January....

Sunrise through the trees as viewed from Matarawa at 6:11am on Thursday 15th January 2009.

Cruise ships at Wellington as viewed from Ngauranga at 7:18am on Thursday 15th January 2009.

The weather at Hood Aerodrome, Masterton on Sunday 18th January....

The weather at Hood Aerodrome, Masterton at 1:36pm on Sunday 18th January 2009.

Wanganui as viewed from Durie Hill on Wellington Anniversary Day, Monday 19th January....

Wanganui as viewed from the War Memorial Tower on Durie Hill at 1:45pm on Wellington Anniversary Day, Monday 19th January 2009.

Wanganui as viewed from the War Memorial Tower on Durie Hill at 1:45pm on Wellington Anniversary Day, Monday 19th January 2009.

Wanganui as viewed from the War Memorial Tower on Durie Hill at 1:46pm on Wellington Anniversary Day, Monday 19th January 2009.

Wanganui as viewed from the War Memorial Tower on Durie Hill at 1:46pm on Wellington Anniversary Day, Monday 19th January 2009.

The “Waimarie” paddle-steamer on the Whanganui River as viewed from the roof of the Durie Hill Elevator at 1:53pm on Wellington Anniversary Day, Monday 19th January 2009.

The Whanganui River as viewed from the roof of the Durie Hill Elevator at 1:54pm on Wellington Anniversary Day, Monday 19th January 2009.

Bastia Hill water tower at Wanganui as viewed from the roof of the Durie Hill Elevator at 1:54pm on Wellington Anniversary Day, Monday 19th January 2009.
Report Spam   Logged
Kiwithrottlejockey
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2009, 12:22:51 pm »

Today's posting from me on the Weather thread at the MSN Xtra News Community 2 group....

Warm summertime temperatures continue at my place. It has been pushing 30°C most days and sometimes exceeding it. Lots of clear blue skies and sunshine to go with the warm temperatures.

Masterton weather yesterday (Saturday) looking down Perry Street towards the southeast....

Perry Street, Masterton looking southeast towards Bannister Street and the eastern hills at 12:28pm on Saturday 24th January 2008.
Report Spam   Logged
DidiMau69
Shit-Hot Member

On patrol Bien Hoa Province 1969

« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2009, 12:39:17 pm »

A chilly 23 in Napier
Report Spam   Logged

Walk softly and carry a big stick. - Theodore Roosevelt.
Kiwithrottlejockey
« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2009, 11:34:09 pm »

It was 33 bloody degrees celcius inside my place when I got home from work at about 9:15pm on Sunday evening!!!

Like walking into a bloody hot oven!!!!!  Cry

Wellington weather, early evening on Sunday....

Wellington Harbour looking towards Matiu-Somes Island, Eastbourne, the Orongaronga Range and beyond that, the Rimutaka Range, as viewed from near Ngauranga at 7:07pm on Sunday 25th January 2008.

Rocky Point on the western shoreline of Wellington Harbour at 7:08pm on Sunday 25th January 2008.

Dusk at Masterton on Sunday evening....

Dusk colours in Masterton at 9:02pm on Sunday 25th January 2008.
Report Spam   Logged
Kiwithrottlejockey
« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2009, 10:00:48 pm »

Bloody warm in Wairarapa today with temperatures well into the 30s.

A wee bit cooler in Wellington with temperatures in the mid-20s.

Wellington Harbour early on Monday evening as the cruise liner “Nautica” departs Wellington....

Early evening on Wellington Harbour as the cruise liner “Nautica” sails past the Eastbourne shoreline while departing Wellington at 6:29pm on Monday 26th January 2009.
Report Spam   Logged
Kiwithrottlejockey
« Reply #14 on: January 28, 2009, 10:49:51 pm »

Following cold weather and a bit of rain at the bottom of the North Island on Tuesday, Wednesday was fine and sunny, but still a little bit chilly.

Early afternoon weather in South Wairarapa on Wednesday....

Lucerna's Creek gully as viewed from the Wairarapa railway line about one kilometre from the eastern portal of the Rimutaka Tunnel at 2:01pm on Wednesday 28th January 2009.

South Wairarapa countryside as viewed from the foothills of the Rimutaka Ranges looking towards Lake Wairarapa and the Aorangi Range at 2:01pm on Wednesday 28th January 2009.

Featherston early on Wednesday evening....

Early evening in Featherston, looking eastwards along Fitzherbert Street (SH2) at 7:20pm on Wednesday 28th January 2009.
Report Spam   Logged
donquixotenz
Senator
Shit-Hot Member

STILL TILTING

« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2009, 11:14:37 pm »

<a href="http://flowerznz.multiply.com/photos/album/16/bikerbabe.jpg#1" target="_blank">http://flowerznz.multiply.com/photos/album/16/bikerbabe.jpg#1</a>
Report Spam   Logged

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body.

But rather, to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming...

WOW, What a Ride!"

Please note: IMHO and e&oe apply to all my posts.
wgtngirl
« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2009, 07:27:43 am »

Grey and Windy. Sad
Report Spam   Logged
ssweetpea
Absolutely Fabulously Incredibly Shit-Hot Member

« Reply #17 on: January 29, 2009, 07:36:59 am »

Hot.
Report Spam   Logged

The way politicians run this country a small white cat should have no problem http://sally4mp.blogspot.com/
Lovelee
XNC2 GOD

« Reply #18 on: January 29, 2009, 08:15:46 am »

............ be thankful yer not in Adelaide or Melbourne

Report Spam   Logged

Laughter is the best medicine, unless you've got a really nasty case of syphilis, in which case penicillin is your best bet.
Kiwithrottlejockey
« Reply #19 on: January 31, 2009, 04:24:27 pm »

It's too bloody hot at my place today....currently 34°C inside my place (according to the thermometer on the wall) in spite of fans going in every room in the house and all the windows open; and about 32°C outside!

Report Spam   Logged
Shef
Senator
Shit-Hot Member

« Reply #20 on: February 03, 2009, 11:53:10 am »

It's almost perfect here. A little overcast, slight breeze and not too hot.
Yesterday seemed so much colder after our heat-wave the day before. I nearly lit the fire last night Shocked
Report Spam   Logged

Success is getting what you want. Happiness is wanting what you get.
Shef
Senator
Shit-Hot Member

« Reply #21 on: February 04, 2009, 07:08:22 pm »

It's raining!!!   Grin  Kiss  YAY!!
 Hopefully it doesn't stop for a while.
Report Spam   Logged

Alicat
« Reply #22 on: February 04, 2009, 07:09:56 pm »

It's raining!!!   Grin  Kiss  YAY!!
 Hopefully it doesn't stop for a while.

Been raining in Wellington too. So much more pleasant trying to sleep than in the heat.
Report Spam   Logged
k1w14ever
Senator
Shit-Hot Member

« Reply #23 on: February 04, 2009, 07:46:23 pm »

by saturday it is gonna be 44 here, 
Report Spam   Logged

The length of a film should be directly related to the endurance of the human bladder.
Shef
Senator
Shit-Hot Member

« Reply #24 on: February 04, 2009, 07:48:17 pm »

There is NO WAY I could handle 44 degrees Shocked
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 58   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: