Xtra News Community 2
April 21, 2024, 12:22:40 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to Xtra News Community 2 — please also join our XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP.

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links BITEBACK! XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP Staff List Login Register  

What's the Weather like at your place?

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 58   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What's the Weather like at your place?  (Read 32022 times)
chrismrky

« Reply #50 on: February 08, 2009, 08:06:13 pm »

It is hot and dry.
I just got back from Rangitoto and unless there is a lot of rain in the next fortnight the next people in the bach are going to have to take water in. There was only 6 inches left in the main tank and the other two tanks (one borderline for drinking the other for cleaning only) are low as well.

Better still the long drop needs digging out fairly soon.

wow.....you have a bach at rangitoto??   I thought they had all gone.    That is special... Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday....is it really been that bad today?

If we can put two men on the moon.....why cant we put the whole lot there? eh?
Kiwithrottlejockey
« Reply #51 on: February 08, 2009, 09:08:03 pm »

You could clearly see haze caused by smoke particles drifting across the Tasman Sea from the Australian bushfires in the sky at my place this evening during sunset. It was visible yesterday evening, but much more obvious earlier this evening at sunset. I suspect it may be even more pronounced by tomorrow evening.

Sunset, with haze from the Australian bushfires visible in the sky, as viewed in Masterton at 8:03pm on Sunday 8th February 2008.

Sunset, with haze from the Australian bushfires visible in the sky, as viewed in Masterton at 8:04pm on Sunday 8th February 2008.

Sunset, with haze from the Australian bushfires visible in the sky, as viewed in Masterton at 8:04pm on Sunday 8th February 2008.

Sunset, with haze from the Australian bushfires visible in the sky, as viewed in Masterton at 8:05pm on Sunday 8th February 2008.

Sunset, with haze from the Australian bushfires visible in the sky, as viewed in Masterton at 8:10pm on Sunday 8th February 2008.
Report Spam   Logged
Shef
Senator
Shit-Hot Member

« Reply #52 on: February 09, 2009, 11:45:12 am »

It's hot again Cry
At least today I'm not at work, but I have a heap of housework to catch up on. And Daughter is bringing out her new boyfriend to dinner (DAMN that means I have to cook )
Report Spam   Logged

Success is getting what you want. Happiness is wanting what you get.
Alicat
« Reply #53 on: February 09, 2009, 11:51:02 am »

It's cloudy but muggy in the Hutt. I'm on night shift for the next couple of nights so will be trying to sleep during the day
Report Spam   Logged
Calliope
Incredibly Shit-Hot Member

If music be the food of love, play on

« Reply #54 on: February 09, 2009, 11:56:32 am »

waiting for rain - As we rely on tank water we need rain soon.
Report Spam   Logged

[W]hat the internet and its cult of anonymity do is to provide a blanket sort of immunity for anybody who wants to say anything about anybody else, and it would be difficult in this sense to think of a more morally deformed exploitation of the concept of free speech.
- Richard Bernstein in the New York Times
Shef
Senator
Shit-Hot Member

« Reply #55 on: February 09, 2009, 12:26:46 pm »

Geeze, that's a pain Calliope. We're on spring water, but everyone on the line learns to conserve water over the summer. Though I am tempted to go out and spray the dogs with the hose. They are both lying down and panting, it's too hot even for them!

When my brother was a Rural Fire Volly, they used to top up a couple of the old-timers, water tanks with the tankers (as 'practise' of course Wink ) Otherwise they would have just done without - getting water carried out to where they were was way too expensive on a pension.
Report Spam   Logged

Success is getting what you want. Happiness is wanting what you get.
ssweetpea
Absolutely Fabulously Incredibly Shit-Hot Member

« Reply #56 on: February 10, 2009, 02:23:03 pm »

Overnight humidity 'reached 100 per cent'
Updated 2:28PM Tuesday Feb 10, 2009

The humidity level in Auckland last night peaked at 100 per cent according to Newstalk ZB's weather analyst.

Philip Duncan said overnight temperatures in the city hardly fell below 23 degrees.

He estimated that, combined with the humidity, it felt more like 32 degrees.

Mr Duncan said when humidity reaches 100 per cent the air is completely saturated and sweat cannot evaporate from skin.

At 10am this morning, MetService said the humidity level in Auckland was still 90 per cent.

The muggy conditions, which were also felt in Whangarei, have been caused by a low north of the country pulling air straight from the sub-tropics.
<a href="http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&amp;objectid=10555920" target="_blank">http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&amp;objectid=10555920</a>

The humidity has dropped and is currently 83%

This is what I hate most about Auckland.
Report Spam   Logged

The way politicians run this country a small white cat should have no problem http://sally4mp.blogspot.com/
Calliope

« Reply #57 on: February 12, 2009, 02:23:20 pm »

we are still waiting for the promised heavy rain. It hasn't arrived.
Report Spam   Logged

[W]hat the internet and its cult of anonymity do is to provide a blanket sort of immunity for anybody who wants to say anything about anybody else, and it would be difficult in this sense to think of a more morally deformed exploitation of the concept of free speech.
DazzaMc
Don't give me Karma!
Admin Staff

« Reply #58 on: February 12, 2009, 02:28:24 pm »

What's the weather like here?

YUCKY!!

Time to jump in the pool......
Report Spam   Logged

Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one.
Calliope

« Reply #59 on: February 12, 2009, 08:22:23 pm »

The Rains have arrived

Report Spam   Logged

DazzaMc
Don't give me Karma!
Admin Staff

« Reply #60 on: February 12, 2009, 08:28:16 pm »

It's nice huh!
The sound of rain on the roof, a bit of wind in the trees... and the air's no longer like pea-soup.

Bed and book time - a good nights sleep coming up.

Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

Alicat
« Reply #61 on: February 12, 2009, 08:29:28 pm »

The Rains have arrived

It's been pouring down in Wellington and the Hutt ALL day. The cats are pissed off. The youngest is an 8 month old Burmese and she's stir crazy - flying off the walls and harrassing the older ones. My lot are curfewed at night anyway, but if they get a good play outside during the day, the little one is good at night.
Report Spam   Logged
DazzaMc
Don't give me Karma!
Admin Staff

« Reply #62 on: February 12, 2009, 08:41:21 pm »

Auckland hits record high temperature

Auckland has experienced its hottest day in 137 years.

During the 3pm hour, the temperature at the official weather station at Whenuapai Airbase reached 32.4 degrees.

NIWA climate expert Jim Salinger says the temperature is the highest since their records began and equals a high recorded in the Auckland Domain 137 years ago, in 1872.

Weather analyst Philip Duncan says the extra hot weather was due to a sudden clearance of cloud in the skies along with a gusty nor'wester. He says WeatherWatch.co.nz's thermometer in West Auckland recorded 34 degrees, fuelled by a hot nor'wester.

Mr Duncan says although humidity is lower today, the intense heat and sunnier skies means it feels much hotter - and a humidex reading of 38 was recorded.

South Island weather analyst Richard Green says far from Auckland's high, Christchurch is having its second coldest day of the summer. It was 12.8 degrees around 6pm and still raining.

http://www.newstalkzb.co.nz/newsdetail1.asp?storyID=152435
Report Spam   Logged

DazzaMc
Don't give me Karma!
Admin Staff

« Reply #63 on: February 12, 2009, 09:02:37 pm »

Auckland has hottest day in 137 years
Auckland not only experienced its hottest day of the summer - but the hottest since records began back in 1968.

Niwa Climate expert, Jim Salinger, says today's high was the highest since their records began and equals a high recorded in the Auckland Domain 137 years ago, in 1872.

During the 3pm hour the temperature at the official weather station at Whenuapai Airbase reached 32.4 - the hottest ever recorded there.

Head weather analyst Philip Duncan says the reason for the extra hot weather was due to a clearance of cloud in the skies along with a gusty nor'wester.

"Similar to the Canterbury nor'wester, West Auckland can also receive a jump in temps when a nor'wester blows - thanks to the Waitakere Ranges.  That coupled with hot air already over the city and a surprise break in the clouds so the sun could come out, meant the temperatures surged up in western suburbs".

Across south and east Auckland it was only around 28 degrees - significantly lower without the warming affect of the wind.

"WeatherWatch.co.nz's thermometer in West Auckland recorded 34 degrees fuelled by a hot nor'wester" says Duncan.

He says although humidity is lower today the intense heat and sunnier skies means it feels much hotter.  "Our humidex reading, which is a calculation of heat and humidity and what it feels like on your skin, is recording a whopping 38 degrees in Auckland".

WeatherWatch.co.nz exclusively forecast a mostly dry day today but the clearance of cloud even surprised them.  "The rain band moving in is slower than some forecasters thought for the Auckland region but skies have this afternoon temporarily cleared ahead of it.  This has given a rapid rise in afternoon temperatures".

The latest rain radar shows the front bringing heavy rain to western areas of the North Island but the rain isn't expected to set in across Auckland until this evening.

"Some people who have recently been in Melbourne have found the heat in Auckland just as hot this week, but in a much different way.  They report that the breeze is cooler but the humidity makes it feel just as hot and exhausting".

Meanwhile Christchurch is having it's second coldest day of the summer according to Weather Anlayst Richard Green. 

Mr Green says it's currently 12.8 degrees and still raining.

http://www.weatherwatch.co.nz/newstalk
Report Spam   Logged

Ferney

« Reply #64 on: February 12, 2009, 09:05:08 pm »

It was 39 degrees at work today and has been on average 38 for the last couple of weeks.    We have a fan on the compressor/motor for a 300L refrigerated unit for cooling rollers and also spray with water every 10 minutes otherwise it stops.   Our frig guy said everyone in Auckland was having to do the same.     I don't know how the 'boss' stands it.  Its slightly cooler where I am. 
Its 28 at home now with 3 fans on. 
Report Spam   Logged
bump head benny
Shit-Hot Member

« Reply #65 on: February 13, 2009, 01:23:30 am »

Been drizzling ALL DAY!!! and its still persisting down, Im rapt....this is excellent weather after the weeks of hot days weve had so far.
Report Spam   Logged

Lets kill all the warmongers.
DazzaMc
Don't give me Karma!
Admin Staff

« Reply #66 on: February 13, 2009, 05:15:28 am »

OH yippy-yay!!

It as cooled down!!!
And the air is clear...

... much better thank you!!
Report Spam   Logged

ssweetpea

« Reply #67 on: February 13, 2009, 07:28:44 am »

My goodness - it is after 9 am and I still have some of the windows and doors closed. Yesterday I beat a retreat down to the basement, the only coolish place left. I had flat cats and "dead" bunnies all over the place.

BTW A rabbit lying on it's side with head down looks dead even when they are very much alive. All 4 of mine were doing that yesterday.
Report Spam   Logged

The way politicians run this country a small white cat should have no problem http://sally4mp.blogspot.com/
Brownie55
Global Moderator

OK, so what’s the speed of dark?

« Reply #68 on: February 13, 2009, 07:30:46 am »

Wet  and drizzly here   . braved the outside world and took all the dogs for a huge walk this morning.
Report Spam   Logged

I almost had a psychic boyfriend, but he left me before we met.
Kiwithrottlejockey
« Reply #69 on: February 14, 2009, 09:05:38 pm »

After a couple of days of rain with warm temperatures, the rain ended on Friday but it got bloody cold at the bottom of the North Island.

It's still cold but the forecast is for warmer weather tomorrow (Sunday).

A silt-laden (from the Hutt River) Wellington Harbour on Saturday morning....

Yachts on Wellington Harbour with Matiu-Somes Island in the background and the Orongaronga and Rimutaka ranges behind that as viewed from Rocky Point at 10:05am on Saturday 14th February 2008.

Wellington Harbour with Wellington City in the background as viewed from near Horokiwi at 10:06am on Saturday 14th February 2008.
Report Spam   Logged
wgtngirl
« Reply #70 on: February 17, 2009, 06:04:01 am »

Beautiful clear sunny day.....although a bit nippy.  Last few days have felt like winter and we have had to put the wool duvet back on our bed.
Report Spam   Logged
donquixotenz
Senator
Shit-Hot Member

STILL TILTING

« Reply #71 on: February 17, 2009, 06:32:09 am »

Yes is colder and damper cramps have started again after 6 months of freedom from nightly attacks.
Report Spam   Logged

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body.

But rather, to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming...

WOW, What a Ride!"

Please note: IMHO and e&oe apply to all my posts.
Lovelee
XNC2 GOD

« Reply #72 on: February 19, 2009, 05:52:20 pm »

====================
HEAVY RAIN WARNING
====================

AREA/S AFFECTED: THE NORTHERN HALF OF THE NORTH ISLAND NORTH OF A
LINE FROM TARANAKI TO RUAPEHU TO EAST CAPE. ALSO THE TARARUA RANGES,
THE RANGES OF NELSON AND WESTLAND AND THE MARLBOROUGH SOUNDS.
FORECAST:

TARANAKI:
Rain expected to become heavy from early Friday morning.
In the 12 hours from 3am to 3pm Friday expect 60 to 80mm over much of
the Taranaki area and up to 150mm over Mt Taranaki.

NORTHLAND AUCKLAND WAIKATO WAITOMO TAUMARUNUI COROMANDEL PENINSULA
TAUPO and NORTHERN TAIHAPE:
Rain is expected to become widespread overnight and to become heavier
during Friday morning. In the 14 hours from 4am to 6pm Friday expect
60 to 80mm in many areas and up to 100mm about higher ground in the
central North Island.  Rainfall rates may reach 25mm per hour at
times.

BAY OF PLENTY:
Rain is expected to develop during Friday morning. In the 18 hours
from 6am to midnight Friday expect 80-100mm rain in many areas and up
to 150 mm about the ranges.

TARARUA RANGES:
Rain is expect to develop early morning and become heavier during the
morning.
In the 12 hours from 4am to 4pm Friday expect 80 to 120mm rain.
Heaviest falls are likely to be late morning when rainfall rates may
reach 30mm per hour.

RANGES OF NORTHWEST NELSON, RICHMOND RANGES AND THE MARLBOROUGH
SOUNDS:
Rain is expected to become heavy early Friday morning.
In the 12 hours from 3am to 3pm Friday expect 60 to 80mm rain.
The heaviest falls are likely to be late morning when rainfall rates
may reach 20mm per hour.

RANGES OF WESTLAND SOUTH OF OTIRA:
Rain is expected to set in overnight and become heavier by dawn on
Friday.
In the 24 hours from 6am Friday to 6am Saturday expect 100 to 150mm
rain.
Further heavy rain is expected at times through the rest of Saturday.
Rainfall rates may reach 25mm per hour at times.

FREEZING LEVEL: Above 3500 metres over the South Island.

Report Spam   Logged

Laughter is the best medicine, unless you've got a really nasty case of syphilis, in which case penicillin is your best bet.
Brownie55
Global Moderator

« Reply #73 on: February 19, 2009, 06:36:59 pm »

Beautiful day here  and a gorgeous evening   . Doesn't look like it will last though  Sad
Report Spam   Logged

Brownie55
Global Moderator

« Reply #74 on: February 19, 2009, 08:13:31 pm »

Oh no, just went outside and it is drizzling...looks like a day in bed reading tomorrow. Sad
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 58   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: