Xtra News Community 2
April 20, 2024, 03:24:09 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to Xtra News Community 2 — please also join our XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP.

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links BITEBACK! XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP Staff List Login Register  

What's the Weather like at your place?

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 ... 58   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What's the Weather like at your place?  (Read 32015 times)
Lovelee
XNC2 GOD

« Reply #150 on: May 07, 2009, 10:29:12 am »

In bed with the lappy, aye? 

Not any more - Heinzy decided I had to get up - cooking curried eggs for brekkie at his request.

It was a clear as sky this morning which has turned grey/black and purple to the west.
The sound of the waves outside the harbour and on the bar are so loud its almost deafening outside.
Report Spam   Logged

Laughter is the best medicine, unless you've got a really nasty case of syphilis, in which case penicillin is your best bet.
Kiwithrottlejockey
« Reply #151 on: May 07, 2009, 10:37:01 am »

Lots blue skies and sunshine at my place today too!
Report Spam   Logged
Shef
Senator
Shit-Hot Member

« Reply #152 on: May 07, 2009, 04:01:07 pm »

Lots blue skies and sunshine at my place today too!

Here too. A real cracker of a day. Pity I had to work Sad
Report Spam   Logged

Success is getting what you want. Happiness is wanting what you get.
Kiwithrottlejockey
« Reply #153 on: May 07, 2009, 04:08:15 pm »

I had yesterday and today off (after working nine early shifts in a row, most of them 4:30am starts). Unfortunately, I've got to go back to work at 4:30am tomorrow morning and work another seven shifts before getting a four-day long weekend (Friday-Saturday-Sunday-Monday) in just over a week's time. Life's a bitch sometimes!  Cry
Report Spam   Logged
Magoo
« Reply #154 on: May 07, 2009, 04:11:02 pm »

4pm and starting to freeze already.   Well it feels like it.    Did I mention I hate winter. Roll Eyes
Report Spam   Logged
Lovelee
XNC2 GOD

« Reply #155 on: May 07, 2009, 04:50:31 pm »

Brrrr - I just had to go and look at the temp gauge outside - on the deck its 10c

and 8 in Hamilton.
Report Spam   Logged

Laughter is the best medicine, unless you've got a really nasty case of syphilis, in which case penicillin is your best bet.
wgtngirl
« Reply #156 on: May 07, 2009, 04:54:48 pm »

Clear and cold.

And my oldest son accidentally popped my hot water bottle yesterday
Report Spam   Logged
ssweetpea
Absolutely Fabulously Incredibly Shit-Hot Member

« Reply #157 on: May 08, 2009, 09:07:34 am »

It really dark here, just had a lightning and thunder.

It isn't very warm either. Last night was a hottie and blanket hogging cat night.
Report Spam   Logged

The way politicians run this country a small white cat should have no problem http://sally4mp.blogspot.com/
Lovelee
XNC2 GOD

« Reply #158 on: May 08, 2009, 09:20:03 am »

Weve had thunder and lightning all night - building to this morning spectacularly.

They are giving warnings on the radio this morning that its heading for AK now!

Much warmer overnight too thank goodness.
Report Spam   Logged

Ferney
Incredibly Shit-Hot Member

« Reply #159 on: May 09, 2009, 05:03:11 pm »

I admit to being an Auckland whimp.  It's cold !
Its been sunny off and on all day but its freezing...... I don't like winter.   
Report Spam   Logged
Kiwithrottlejockey
« Reply #160 on: May 09, 2009, 05:07:54 pm »

There's quite a decent dusting of snow on the Tararua Ranges, as revealed this morning when the clouds lifted. Since then it has been a bloody nice day, but not long ago the sun set, then the temperature dropped dramatically. I reckon it's going to be a bloody cold night. It has that feeling about it!
Report Spam   Logged
Shef
Senator
Shit-Hot Member

« Reply #161 on: May 09, 2009, 06:00:14 pm »

We had a SW wind all day today. So far our weather's been really warm, so everyones been whinging ! I have a feeling we're going to have a bit of a frost tomorrow (wind's dropped, but the temp hasn't risen). I've had the fire going for a couple of weeks, but because I'm the only one here, I can see I'll have to either 'dump' some hot water soon, or get the kids home for a long, deep, hot bath. (I've already had a couple, but I'm a bit paranoid about falling asleep LOL)
Report Spam   Logged

Lovelee
XNC2 GOD

« Reply #162 on: May 09, 2009, 08:51:17 pm »

NZ set for another dose of bad weather
3:04PM Saturday May 09, 2009

Four large low pressure systems will be rotating around the country by midnight, sucking up much colder southern air from the Antarctic.

Our weather watch centre reports this will mean the conditions which brought lightning strikes and hail yesterday will be re-energised. Head weather analyst Philip Duncan says the massive depression will intensify this afternoon.

Mr Duncan says it will mean snow to low levels in the South Island, single digit highs for many places tomorrow and heavy showers along the western coastline.

But can you believe it?
Report Spam   Logged

Shef
Senator
Shit-Hot Member

« Reply #163 on: May 09, 2009, 09:10:39 pm »

Hells bells - it's really frosty here. I'm stoking the fire flat stick, the waters boiling, it's warm inside, but only just. I'm considering a bath, but I know it's going to feel cold when I get out
Report Spam   Logged

Kiwithrottlejockey
« Reply #164 on: May 09, 2009, 09:13:35 pm »

Stay in the bath all night and just keep adding more hot water every so often.... Grin
Report Spam   Logged
dragontamer
« Reply #165 on: May 10, 2009, 10:29:34 am »

Wet Wet Wet.

Definitely a 'get under the blankets and watch videos' day.
Report Spam   Logged
Shef
Senator
Shit-Hot Member

« Reply #166 on: May 10, 2009, 10:54:27 am »

Stay in the bath all night and just keep adding more hot water every so often.... Grin

I've got enough "laugh lines" thank you, I don't want them all over

It's overcast here and quite nippy. I have to go over and pick Hannah up from Napier. If it's warmer at her place I might stay there lol.
Report Spam   Logged

Lovelee
XNC2 GOD

« Reply #167 on: May 10, 2009, 12:08:28 pm »

Weve got blustery hard itermittent showers - ahh well - heres winter.
Time to hunker down and keep warm.  It will soon pass  Grin
Report Spam   Logged

Ferney
Incredibly Shit-Hot Member

« Reply #168 on: May 10, 2009, 04:42:53 pm »

Its been sunny most of the day but it turned all dark and dingy in the last hour.   
Report Spam   Logged
Magoo
« Reply #169 on: May 10, 2009, 04:56:08 pm »

4 degrees.   Angry
Report Spam   Logged
Kiwithrottlejockey
« Reply #170 on: May 11, 2009, 03:08:17 pm »

More icy weather tipped for south

The Southland Times | Monday, 11 May 2009

WHITE TRACT: A tractor covered by snow that fell on the road between Nightcaps and Ohai yesterday. — BARRY HARCOURT/The Southland Times.

WHITE TRACT: A tractor covered by snow that fell
on the road between Nightcaps and Ohai yesterday.
— BARRY HARCOURT/The Southland Times.

Snow fell to the foothills in Southland, West Otago and Queenstown yesterday, as temperatures rapidly plummeted.

MetService advised a low pressure system, accompanied by several fronts, was expected to keep the weather cool.

Conditions were expected to get worse last night with a severe weather warning in place.

Ohai Food Centre manager Polly Poihipi said the cold weather had resulted in a rush of people coming in to stock up on warm items.

"I think people were a little shocked when they woke up and saw the snow ... it (snow falling) is a little bit earlier than usual," she said.

The snow that fell in Nightcaps did not stay for long after rain fell.

The Milford road carries a traffic warning with snow showers expected to affect the road east of the tunnel yesterday.

Maximum temperatures yesterday ranged from 4 degrees Celsius in Queenstown and Wanaka, to 5°C in Gore and Invercargill.

The snow is good news for skifields in the Southern Lakes district with The Remarkables reporting a 25cm snow base and Coronet 30cm, while Treble Cone has 20cm mid-mountain, and Cardrona 30cm.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/southland-times/news/2399897/More-icy-weather-tipped-for-south

Sunny days are here again ...

Snow in Lindis, Milford

By PAUL GORMAN - The Press |  Monday, 11 May 2009

Warmer weather this week will bring a welcome return to autumn after more than just a taste of winter.

Snow, sleet, hail and rain pelted Canterbury yesterday.

However, the wet conditions eased this morning, giving way to a sunny, cold day in much of Canterbury.

MetService said there was still a risk of showers and cold winds over the next two days.

However, from Thursday warmer north-westerly winds were likely to strengthen as the sluggish storm system moved away.

Snow fell to about 300m yesterday on Banks Peninsula, on the higher Canterbury Plains, in the foothills and in parts of inland South Canterbury.

Mount Hutt skifield had another bumper 25-centimetre snowfall.

"Over the last 10 days we've probably had close to 140cm," ski area manager David Wilson said.

Opening day was scheduled for June 13.

Methven and Springfield had snow flurries, while Fairlie had snow yesterday morning.

A couple of centimetres settled at Mount Somers and there was also light snow in Geraldine.

MetService severe weather forecaster Andy Downs said snow had fallen to low levels from bands of heavy showers crossing the South Island's east coast.

"Tomorrow there's another low coming round this complex low, but it brings winds round more to the westerly quarter to Canterbury, so the weather should then clear."

DESERT ROAD: Occasional snow showers are expected on higher parts of the road until early  afternoon and again tonight. 1 to 3cm could accumulate near the summit  at times during these periods.

MILFORD ROAD: Further snow showers are expected on the road east of the tunnel until early  afternoon, especially south of Lake Gunn. 2 to 4cm of snow is likely to  accumulate at times until about 3pm with the heaviest falls from Lake Gunn  southwards but snow level gradually rising to 600 or 700 metres.

LINDIS PASS: Occasional light snow showers expected on the road until mid afternoon. 1 to 2cm  of snow could accumulate near the summit at times until about 3pm.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/the-press/news/2399857/Sunny-days-are-here-again

Wild weather in Tauranga

By MICHAEL FOX - Stuff.co.nz with MICHAEL FIELD | 2:13 PM - Monday, 11 May 2009

BEACHED: Hail on the beach at Mount Maunganui. — DONNA FORLONG.

BEACHED: Hail on the beach at Mount Maunganui. — DONNA FORLONG.

Wild weather has hit Tauranga, badly damaging a shopping centre and coating roads with hail and ice.

Police have been evacuating the Bayfair Shopping Centre in Tauranga as the severe weather hits.

They said the centre was flooding.

A spokesman at the Tauranga Fire Station said there had been "extensive damage" to the mall.

"There's a lot of hail and it sounds like it's blocked the drains and basically the mall got flooded from that," he said.

Sections of the ceiling had also fallen down and damaged the sprinkler system. He was unsure how many people had been evacuated.

Flooding had hit roads in the area, with Senior Sergeant Deirdre Lack of Mt Maunganui Police saying the hail had blocked drains and prevented the heavy rain from draining away.

"It was pretty bad. We actually had to divert traffic due to the flooding — there were cars stuck in it," she said.

Ms Lack said the flooding had lessened and expected the roads to be back to normal in an hour.

Tauranga City Council spokesman Marcel Currin said that most of the surface flooding was at Mount Maunganui and Papamoa.

Mr Currin said it appeared the damage to the roof of the mall, which caused the ceiling to collapse, was due to the heavy hail.

Oceanbeach Road between Girven Road and Concorde Avenue is closed while State Highway 2 at Te Maunga and Papamoa Beach Rd near Domain Rd was also affected.

Motorists are advised to avoid these areas if at all possible and to use extreme care.

Ice had also formed on State Highway 2.

Police said the storm was heading toward Te Puke.

Metservice spokeswoman Kathleen Kozyniak said there had also been thunderstorms and lightning in the Western Bay of Plenty Area.

She said 11.6mm of rain had been recorded at Tauranga Airport today with seven millimetres coming in a particularly heavy burst.

The bad weather was forecast to remain in the area, she said.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/2401406/Wild-weather-in-Tauranga
Report Spam   Logged
Magoo
« Reply #171 on: May 11, 2009, 03:12:31 pm »

Brrr.  At least the sun is out here with a clear blue sky even if it is only 9 degrees.  Bet there will be another doozy frost tonight.
Report Spam   Logged
Lovelee
XNC2 GOD

« Reply #172 on: May 12, 2009, 01:36:22 pm »

A day without rain - so glorious - everything is clean and the greens are so much greener.
So we head off down the beach to take the dogs for a well earned walk.  One of the local foxies came out to state his name and address and for us to f off from this part of the beach - then he and our big dog decided to have a tussle - my lil dog wanted to help - I scooped her up as Heinz went in to untangle the intruder from his dogs line at which time the foxie took umbrage at being released and of course mouthed Heinzies hand with his teeth  Grin gouging out about four rip and tears across his thumb, and the joining web to the index finger on his right hand.  OOOO it looks sore!!  Damn Im glad hed cooked brekkie b4 we went for a walk  Grin  Hes all bandaged up now and keeps swearing at the intruder dog - his plans of getting some more work done round the house when the rain stopped have been put on hold  Roll Eyes
Report Spam   Logged

Shef
Senator
Shit-Hot Member

« Reply #173 on: May 12, 2009, 01:47:51 pm »

Ouch! Make sure you keep an eye on it re infection L'lee. Dog bites are very prone to infection (speaking from experience here. Mine got infected even after an AB shot at the ER.)

It's bloody freezing here. Cold and raining. Even the dogs are curled up inside. Ususally Hank's outside until I make him come in.
Report Spam   Logged

Kiwithrottlejockey
« Reply #174 on: May 13, 2009, 12:38:44 am »

Meanwhile, down south....

Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 ... 58   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: