Xtra News Community 2
April 19, 2024, 04:59:14 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to Xtra News Community 2 — please also join our XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP.

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links BITEBACK! XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP Staff List Login Register  

What's the Weather like at your place?

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 ... 58   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What's the Weather like at your place?  (Read 31992 times)
Kiwithrottlejockey
« Reply #100 on: March 08, 2009, 09:35:30 pm »

Lots of weather variety at the bottom of the North Island lately.

Wet and muggy on Friday, mostly cloudy and humid yesterday, and fine and humid today.

A very grey-looking Wellington Harbour early on Friday evening....

Wellington Harbour as viewed from the western shoreline near Rocky Point looking towards Miramar Penninsula at 6:28pm on Friday 6th March 2009.

Looking along the western shoreline of Wellington harbour from Rocky Point towards Petone at 6:29pm on Friday 6th March 2009.

The view from the western shoreline of Wellington Harbour near Horokiwi looking towards Rocky Point and Wellington City at 6:30pm on Friday 6th March 2009.

Petone Wharf as viewed from the western shoreline of Wellington Harbour near Horokiwi at 6:30pm on Friday 6th March 2009.

The eastern Wairarapa sky on Friday evening....

The eastern Wairarapa sky as viewed from near Waingawa at 7:48pm on Friday 6th March 2009.

Wairarapa weather near Masterton late this afternoon....

The Waingawa River looking downstream from the railway bridge just south of Solway at 5:01pm on Sunday 8th March 2009.

Early evening weather in Wellington today....

The last rays of the sun before sunset on Roseneath in Wellington as viewed from Ngauranga at 7:22pm on Sunda 8th March 2009.

Mokopuna and Matiu-Somes Islands as viewed from Rocky Point on the western shoreline of Wellington Harbour at 7:26pm on Sunday 8th March 2009.
Report Spam   Logged
bump head benny
Shit-Hot Member

« Reply #101 on: March 09, 2009, 02:27:54 am »

Windy here right now, Ive just brought my tomato plants inside because theyre out in the open.
 Shocked
Report Spam   Logged

Lets kill all the warmongers.
Kiwithrottlejockey
« Reply #102 on: March 09, 2009, 08:41:31 pm »

A bit of a mixed bag today. The weather was a mixture of clouds and blue sky this morning on both sides of the ranges at the bottom of the North Island. However, I got back to Wairarapa early afternoon and a receding thunderstorm was visible to the north and the ground was rather wet, but the sun was shining again. Late afternoon and early evening, it started to cloud over and get a bit cooler as a southerly began to pass through the region.

Autumn in Wairarapa this afternoon (after the thunderstorm)....

Wairarapa autumn weather looking towards the east from near Taratahi at 2:22pm on Monday 9th March 2009.

Wairarapa autumn weather looking towards the east from near Taratahi at 2:23pm on Monday 9th March 2009.

Now it's raining at my place!     
Report Spam   Logged
Shef
Senator
Shit-Hot Member

« Reply #103 on: March 11, 2009, 10:08:27 pm »

It's bloody freezing here (obviously I've become re-acclimatised to the HB warmth) and when I got home M S hadn't lit the fire. So now I have to wear sox and a jersey Angry
Report Spam   Logged

Success is getting what you want. Happiness is wanting what you get.
Brownie55
Global Moderator
Incredibly Shit-Hot Member

OK, so what’s the speed of dark?

« Reply #104 on: March 11, 2009, 10:30:52 pm »

Freezing cold, windy, raining, sometimes hailing.   Angry
Report Spam   Logged

I almost had a psychic boyfriend, but he left me before we met.
Kiwithrottlejockey
« Reply #105 on: March 11, 2009, 10:42:04 pm »

It's bloody cold at my place....I've turned the electric blanket on in my bed, and I've got heaters going!

I went to work this morning wearing shorts (and a thick jersey) and sat in a warm locomotive cab most of the day (mostly with just the window heaters going), but when I walked home early this evening, my legs got bloody cold. I think I've only worn long pants on about two occasions since late October, but I might have to dig some pairs out and start wearing longs more often unless the weather goes back to being an Indian Summer within a day or two.
Report Spam   Logged
Newtown-Fella
« Reply #106 on: March 11, 2009, 11:19:09 pm »

Full Moon and a bloody  cold Southerly here in Wellington .... Angry
Report Spam   Logged
Nitpicker1
« Reply #107 on: March 12, 2009, 10:59:23 am »

Big wind from WSW with gusts to 57 kts...took a look at Tairoa heads wind data, about 65kts gusts there.

A day or two ago a cruise ship was waiting to leave port, and a container vessel waiting to enter the harbour, dunno if they've made it yet. I can think of a better place than Port Chalmers to spend more than a night there.

Report Spam   Logged
Shef
Senator
Shit-Hot Member

« Reply #108 on: March 12, 2009, 03:00:21 pm »

Much better here today. The wind's a bit cold, but it's nothing like yesterday!
They're forecasting fine(ish) weather for the weekend  Smiley which is just as well. I have to move our lambs back home from the neighbour's. The downside of having semi-tame lambs means that moving them is not easy, and the dogs aren't much help at all, I think I'm going to have to spend some time training them instead of playing with them LOL.
Report Spam   Logged

Kiwithrottlejockey
« Reply #109 on: March 12, 2009, 08:52:56 pm »

It was rather chilly at my place last night; however after a cold start this morning, it turned into a nice fine day on both sides of the ranges at the bottom of the North Island.

Sunset in Wairarapa was behind the clouds this evening while I was driving a train from Wellington to Masterton.

However, I took the following dusk shots of a golden sky at Carterton while stopped there offloading passengers....

A golden sky at Carterton not long after sunset — 7:40pm on Thursday 12th March 2009.

A golden sky at Carterton not long after sunset — 7:40pm on Thursday 12th March 2009.

The next two photographs were taken from near Clareville. The lighting conditions weren't too good by then and a locomotive travelling at speed isn't a very stable photographic platform, so I used a sports action mode to compensate and this was the result....

Dusk colours in the sky as viewed from near Clareville at 6:44pm on Thursday 12th March 2009.

Dusk colours in the sky as viewed from near Clareville at 6:45pm on Thursday 12th March 2009.

It got even more colourful after that, but the light was definitely too dim to take photographs from a moving locomotive so I gave it away and concentrated on driving the train.
Report Spam   Logged
Kiwithrottlejockey
« Reply #110 on: March 18, 2009, 12:54:43 pm »

A beautiful autumn day at my place — blue skies, sunshine, no wind and with the temperature in the mid-20s.

A perfect morning for hot-air ballooning in South Wairarapa near Matarawa....

A beautiful morning for hot-air ballooning in South Wairarapa as viewed from near Matarawa at 9:35am on Wednesday 18th March 2009.
Report Spam   Logged
Nitpicker1
« Reply #111 on: March 18, 2009, 05:21:33 pm »

she should look like this again soon  :tntrm

Report Spam   Logged
ssweetpea
Absolutely Fabulously Incredibly Shit-Hot Member

« Reply #112 on: March 19, 2009, 09:02:33 am »

It is raining here and Sally is telling me about it - at length.

Is it just me or did Autumn arrive early this year as in the 3rd week in February?

Sp1's birthday was cold and wet.
Report Spam   Logged

The way politicians run this country a small white cat should have no problem http://sally4mp.blogspot.com/
Shef
Senator
Shit-Hot Member

« Reply #113 on: March 19, 2009, 04:37:04 pm »

LOL Nitz, so what would she have done if she'd managed to catch it Grin
Do you have to blow dry her, or does she dry quite quickly?

Happy Birthday to SP1 :m&ms  hope she had a good day anyway!

Weather here has been awesome. Nice crisp morning ( I love autumn) and then a warm day, not a cloud in the sky. :dwfl
Report Spam   Logged

Nitpicker1
« Reply #114 on: March 19, 2009, 05:26:05 pm »

She had no show of catching it, it was teasing her. She had to be hosed down then bathed and blow dried,. took more than 2 hours
It was quite a nice day here after yesterdays heavy drizzle but I didn't let her out of my sight. 

16c here at present, and  bit of a breeze about 12 kts. Mushrooms about and near frosts in the mornings on fine days. Boats haven't been out.
Report Spam   Logged
dragontamer
« Reply #115 on: March 21, 2009, 09:41:17 am »

They said showers dammit.

SHOWERS.

It's bleeping canoning down.
Report Spam   Logged
Calliope
Incredibly Shit-Hot Member

If music be the food of love, play on

« Reply #116 on: March 21, 2009, 09:45:08 am »

sunshine and clouds but I expect the rain is not too far away
Report Spam   Logged

[W]hat the internet and its cult of anonymity do is to provide a blanket sort of immunity for anybody who wants to say anything about anybody else, and it would be difficult in this sense to think of a more morally deformed exploitation of the concept of free speech.
- Richard Bernstein in the New York Times
Nitpicker1
« Reply #117 on: April 09, 2009, 07:35:08 am »

both cat and dog burrowed their way under the blankets into my bed last night and won't even get out now that I am. 4.3c
Report Spam   Logged
Kiwithrottlejockey
« Reply #118 on: April 09, 2009, 10:31:14 am »

It pissed down all night at my place (and it's still pissing down). Still....the forecast is good for the long weekend, both here and where I'll be.

I'm heading over to Wellington this arvo, then after a couple of teenage boys fly down from Gisborne early tomorow morning, a group of us are off across Cook Strait to Picton and a weekend of classic aeroplanes at Omaka Aerodrome. Then, right down towards the bottom end of the South Island in an attempt to get as far away from the JAFAs as possible! The furtherest distance away from home will be Milford Sound.
Report Spam   Logged
Alicat
« Reply #119 on: April 09, 2009, 10:49:03 am »

both cat and dog burrowed their way under the blankets into my bed last night and won't even get out now that I am. 4.3c

My lot were all under the duvet all night. They only got up whe I put the heater on in the lounge.
Report Spam   Logged
Magoo
« Reply #120 on: April 09, 2009, 10:53:57 am »

Perthistently pithing all night, cloud breaking, snow on the southern alps and currently 5 degrees. Roll Eyes
Report Spam   Logged
Lovelee
XNC2 GOD

« Reply #121 on: April 09, 2009, 11:00:48 am »

My littlest dog always spends the night under the covers - Ive just been looking for her.
Shes still there - its 11.7 here hahaha.

Shes gonna feel it when it really drops - shes grown out of her jumpers too  Cry
Report Spam   Logged

Laughter is the best medicine, unless you've got a really nasty case of syphilis, in which case penicillin is your best bet.
Magoo
« Reply #122 on: April 09, 2009, 11:03:53 am »

I bought Berty a T shirt this morning and put it on him and he sat there looking peed off and wouldn't move till I took it off.   Grin
Report Spam   Logged
Lovelee
XNC2 GOD

« Reply #123 on: April 09, 2009, 11:17:45 am »

When she was little I cut the sleeve off a jumper and cut holes in it for her legs  Grin

She prefers to wear her raincoat which has sheepskin lining.  Other obes she comes to me and I know she wants it off - she will wear her raincoat all day quite happily.
Report Spam   Logged

Laughter is the best medicine, unless you've got a really nasty case of syphilis, in which case penicillin is your best bet.
Nitpicker1
« Reply #124 on: April 09, 2009, 12:10:10 pm »

Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 ... 58   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: