Xtra News Community 2
March 29, 2024, 10:42:30 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to Xtra News Community 2 — please also join our XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP.

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links BITEBACK! XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP Staff List Login Register  

Our new Babies

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Our new Babies  (Read 580 times)
nitpicker1
XNC2 GOD

Nothing sexceeds like sexcess

« on: December 08, 2013, 08:23:13 am »

Bought a wee henhouse and 3 Chinese Silkie bantams about this time last year, sort of as an interest for campers/kids and a hobby for me and the camp's new owner.
The Silkies  are white and fluffy with blue wattles while most chooks wattles are red. We named them K, F and See.  Kept us and friends supplied with eggs about #6 size , 3 eggs a day for most of the time until the clucky season

This has led to a bigger coop and buying 6 fertile Barred Rock eggs;

their fostermother started sitting on 7th November. They are only 9 days old and just starting to feather-up so the last night's rain and cold spell was a new experience for them.
I think they thought the sky was falling. Mum was walking round with some still under her wing after I fed them at 5.30 this morning!

We expect that at least half will be roosters. ummmmm. That'll be interesting when they learn to crow

and all the townie campers will waken at daybreak wondering what the noise is.
the pic of Mum and babies (5 survivors) does not show the prettiest one who must be under mum with #4. It is a sort of ginga colour. I hope it ain't a roo.

Report Spam   Logged

"Life might not be the party you were expecting, but you're here now, so you may as well get up and dance"

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

AuntyRotter
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2013, 04:36:36 pm »

They are very cute Nitzy.    I would love some chooks but it isn't practical at the moment.
Report Spam   Logged
nitpicker1
XNC2 GOD

Nothing sexceeds like sexcess

« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2013, 06:15:48 pm »

Report Spam   Logged

"Life might not be the party you were expecting, but you're here now, so you may as well get up and dance"
Alicat
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2013, 08:49:44 pm »

They are gorgeous. I've always wanted to have chickens - for the fresh eggs. My backyard is too small and I have three very good reasons why it may not be a good idea
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: