Xtra News Community 2
April 17, 2024, 10:43:00 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to Xtra News Community 2 — please also join our XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP.

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links BITEBACK! XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP Staff List Login Register  

The “old” XNC2 group at MSN

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The “old” XNC2 group at MSN  (Read 168 times)
Kiwithrottlejockey
« on: January 29, 2009, 07:15:09 pm »

Due to the fact that the XNC2 community has virtually abandoned the old group over a period of only five days and most of the regulars have already switched to this new group and started posting, I'm going to bring foward the date when I'll lock-up the old group.

I'm going to do it this weekend — on Sunday 1st February. It may possibly occur just after midnight in the first hour of that date, depending on what I'm doing, but it will definitely be locked up by about lunchtime!

By locking it up, what I mean is that I will place the entire group on moderation so that ALL posts will have to be approved by a group manager before they will post on any of the messageboards. NO further messages will be approved, apart from any further information messages I decide to post myself, and I somehow doubt I will have the need do do that once it is locked up. At the same time I place the entire group on moderation, Assistant Manager privileges will be removed from all AMs except for DazzaMc and myself (and the group Manager username) — and I will also create a new homepage that will be the default entry page into the group, explaining that the group has been disabled, but is still available to view only until MSN shut it down on 21st February and I'll also put a link to the new group on that homepage. I will also place a final message on each of the messageboards (in the form of a new thread) that will be identical to the new homepage.

Between 1st February and the actual final demise of the old group, the messageboards will be archived by DazzaMc onto a secure server for storage (pending eventually making it all publicly available somewhere), and I will be migrating several features such as the entries from the various Links pages, the memorial page to deceased members, possibly the contents of some of the recipes pages, and a few other features. I will probably also copy the milestones pages recording posted milestones on both the original Xtra News Community group and the Xtra News Community 2 group so that they could be made available at some time in the future if desired.
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Kiwithrottlejockey
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2009, 12:24:40 am »

The deed has been done....the messageboards at the old XNC2 grouup @ MSN have been locked up blocking any further messages being posted. Now DazzaMc can begin to do his stuff and archive them!
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: