Xtra News Community 2
March 29, 2024, 11:38:14 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to Xtra News Community 2 — please also join our XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP.

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links BITEBACK! XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP Staff List Login Register  

#Coffee for the less fortunate

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: #Coffee for the less fortunate  (Read 712 times)
donquixotenz
Senator
Shit-Hot Member

STILL TILTING

« on: March 29, 2013, 07:00:21 am »

This story will warm you better than a coffee in a cold winter day!

We enter a little coffeehouse with a friend of mine and give our order. While we're aproaching our table two people come in and they go to the counter:
 'Five coffees, please. Two of them for us and three suspended' They pay for their order, take the two and leave.

I ask my friend: "What are those 'suspended' coffees?"
 My friend: "Wait for it and you will see."

Some more people enter. Two girls ask for one coffee each, pay and go. The next order was for seven coffees and it was made by three lawyers - three for them and four 'suspended'. While I still wonder what's the deal with those 'suspended' coffees I enjoy the sunny weather and the beautiful view towards the square infront of the café. Suddenly a man dressed in shabby clothes who looks like a beggar comes in throught the door and kindly asks
 'Do you have a suspended coffee ?'

It's simple - people pay in advance for a coffee meant for someone who can not afford a warm bevarage. The tradition with the suspended coffees started in Naples, but it has spread all over the world and in some places you can order not only a suspended coffee, but also a sandwitch or a whole meal.

Wouldn't it be wonderful to have such cafés or even grocery stores in every town where the less fortunate will find hope and support ? If you own a business why don't you offer it to your clients... I am sure many of them will like it.

Report Spam   Logged

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body.

But rather, to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming...

WOW, What a Ride!"

Please note: IMHO and e&oe apply to all my posts.

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Alicat
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2013, 09:19:30 am »

This story will warm you better than a coffee in a cold winter day!

We enter a little coffeehouse with a friend of mine and give our order. While we're aproaching our table two people come in and they go to the counter:
 'Five coffees, please. Two of them for us and three suspended' They pay for their order, take the two and leave.

I ask my friend: "What are those 'suspended' coffees?"
 My friend: "Wait for it and you will see."

Some more people enter. Two girls ask for one coffee each, pay and go. The next order was for seven coffees and it was made by three lawyers - three for them and four 'suspended'. While I still wonder what's the deal with those 'suspended' coffees I enjoy the sunny weather and the beautiful view towards the square infront of the café. Suddenly a man dressed in shabby clothes who looks like a beggar comes in throught the door and kindly asks
 'Do you have a suspended coffee ?'

It's simple - people pay in advance for a coffee meant for someone who can not afford a warm bevarage. The tradition with the suspended coffees started in Naples, but it has spread all over the world and in some places you can order not only a suspended coffee, but also a sandwitch or a whole meal.

Wouldn't it be wonderful to have such cafés or even grocery stores in every town where the less fortunate will find hope and support ? If you own a business why don't you offer it to your clients... I am sure many of them will like it.

That's lovely - would you believe I have just finished reading it on FAcebook as well
Report Spam   Logged
donquixotenz
Senator
Shit-Hot Member

STILL TILTING

« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2013, 09:28:21 am »

yes that's where I found it...
Report Spam   Logged

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body.

But rather, to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming...

WOW, What a Ride!"

Please note: IMHO and e&oe apply to all my posts.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: