Xtra News Community 2
March 28, 2024, 10:02:43 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to Xtra News Community 2 — please also join our XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP.

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links BITEBACK! XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP Staff List Login Register  

It is official!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: It is official!  (Read 665 times)
Magoo
« on: June 01, 2013, 11:49:53 am »

There will be no cat coming to live with us.             One of tenants had the loveliest cat and she was hit by a car and killed last night.     This now only leaves one tenant with a cat and she is terribly worried because puss crosses the road to play in the bush.   DT knows the layout here.   Rural zoning, main road  with a 100 KPH speed limit.    Speeding cars 9 - cats zero.

My Bichon Berty was also a victim here which is why my two current dogs are not allowed out unless leashed.
I was on the point of ordering a kitten from "M" but can't do it.  Cry
Incidentally the car did not stop.
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Alicat
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2013, 12:05:53 pm »

There will be no cat coming to live with us.             One of tenants had the loveliest cat and she was hit by a car and killed last night.     This now only leaves one tenant with a cat and she is terribly worried because puss crosses the road to play in the bush.   DT knows the layout here.   Rural zoning, main road  with a 100 KPH speed limit.    Speeding cars 9 - cats zero.

My Bichon Berty was also a victim here which is why my two current dogs are not allowed out unless leashed.
I was on the point of ordering a kitten from "M" but can't do it.  Cry
Incidentally the car did not stop.

That is so sad - poor wee cat.

Had you thought of getting one as an indoor cat only? A friend of mine has 4 of them and they are all indoor cats.
Report Spam   Logged
Magoo
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2013, 02:54:12 pm »

I have thought of that.   In fact the "grey cat" was always going across the fields toward the beach and never used to cross the road.   This was very out of character for her to head off in that direction.   I am not sure I could keep a cat indoors.   There are too many escape routes.     We have a back yard with 8 foot concrete block walls on the road side and I leave the outside doors open for the dogs but I think a cat would soon see the benefit in having the  trees next to the wall.  The perfect personal off ramp.  Roll Eyes  I keep the upstairs windows on the smallest opening because otherwise the fantails pop in.  They swoop the insects over the pool.   It would be such a torment.
Report Spam   Logged
dragontamer
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2013, 05:33:10 pm »

Awww Goo - that sucks!!!

You need an indoor outdoor area.... fully fenced sky to ground like the big aviaries at the big zoos. 
Report Spam   Logged
Magoo
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2013, 06:18:20 pm »

I do DT.      I have often eyed off that cat boarding place on the corner of Cranford and Berwick St.   It has a big wired in dome so the puss cats can't get out onto the road.
Report Spam   Logged
ssweetpea
Absolutely Fabulously Incredibly Shit-Hot Member

« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2013, 09:49:12 pm »

I have considered such a giant avery if Garath Morgan and Co get their way.

I fully understand your concerns M, I am on a short side road but I have noticed that my cats do go up to the road it comes off and that cars heading to the right of ways at the end of our road do so at speed.

Grey cats are not visible in low light. I always had a fear that Minnie would be hit so decked her out with a fluro collar her entire life.
Report Spam   Logged

The way politicians run this country a small white cat should have no problem http://sally4mp.blogspot.com/
Alicat
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2013, 12:19:11 am »

I have considered such a giant avery if Garath Morgan and Co get their way.

Excellent idea SP - I can just imagine Gareth Morgan in a giant Aviary - excellent thinking
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: