Xtra News Community 2
March 29, 2024, 01:17:58 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to Xtra News Community 2 — please also join our XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP.

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links BITEBACK! XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP Staff List Login Register  

Cats making phone calls

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Cats making phone calls  (Read 672 times)
Alicat
« on: May 16, 2013, 09:40:26 am »

Some of you may remember me posting 5 years ago (yep long time ago) about Mitzi turning the speak phone on and dialling 111 from my parents phone. Mitzi was only 16 weeks old at the time. The story made it into newspapers and websites around the world. Mum was out of the room at the time but from the bedroom could hear a females voice in the lounge. Mum went out to see who was there and discovered Mitzi sitting by the speaker phone in the lounge pushing buttons (she likes the beeps). The 111 Operator was asking Mitzi "Do you require Police, Fire or Ambulance - if you can't talk, push buttons to indicate you need Police." Mitzi loves being talked to and loved the beeping sounds the buttons make when you push them so she keep pushing buttons .....

Poor Mum had a lot of explaining to do. The Police thought it a great story especially as it was the 50th Anniversary of the 111 system in NZ. They ran a story (with a pic of Mitzi) with the headline - 'Youngest 111 Hoax Caller.' Mum and Dad always put the phone away in a drawer when they were not nearby from then on.

This is the pic that went worldwide ....

Well - that same wee kitty has used the phone twice (to my knowledge - who knows what happens when I am not here!!!) in the last couple of weeks and has rung my Medical Centre.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2013, 09:46:22 am by Alicat » Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Alicat
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2013, 09:54:09 am »

.... and all grown up

Report Spam   Logged
Magoo
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2013, 02:58:35 pm »

How beautiful..  Love the phone story.    Grin
Report Spam   Logged
ssweetpea
Absolutely Fabulously Incredibly Shit-Hot Member

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2013, 06:08:10 pm »

She has mastered speed dial I take it?

PMSL
Report Spam   Logged

The way politicians run this country a small white cat should have no problem http://sally4mp.blogspot.com/
Alicat
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2013, 12:10:14 am »

Mitzi is the 'quiet' one

Not sure what is going through her mind when she uses the phone.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: