Xtra News Community 2
March 29, 2024, 12:51:47 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to Xtra News Community 2 — please also join our XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP.

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links BITEBACK! XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP Staff List Login Register  

I feel awfull

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I feel awfull  (Read 779 times)
nitpicker1
XNC2 GOD

Nothing sexceeds like sexcess

« on: May 05, 2013, 10:14:59 am »

Preshus  (that was my cat's name, but spelled differently when I adopted her) greeted me with more affection than usual when she came in out of the rain at daybreak this morning. She wound herself around my bare legs while talking loudly then jumped up on the bench while I was brewing my early-morning wakeup coffee. I love her, but enough is enough:

The bench where food is prepared is a no-go for animals in my household.

Sisssss  is a word that I had to teach her,  it's cat talk for NO in my language.

I sisssed her.

She disappeared - we have catdog flaps in the doors - then I found the reason for her unusual welcome; she'd been telling me she was hungry. Her catbiscuit feeder was empty, and I hadn't noticed that when I fed her the real meat meal at five o'clock yesterday evening. 

I tried to call her back, there was no sign of her. It was really nasty rain out there. I felt horribly guilty 'cos she generally spends most of the night sharing the bed with Peppi and me. Sort of imagined her cold wet and starving under a caravan somewhere in camp 

There have been times I have said something to someone that make me actually groan when I think about it later. This was one of those times. 

A few minutes ago she climbed up on the bed from the side closest the wall. Dry and warm, tgft, where she had been sleeping on one of my jerseys that had got lost, but treating me with suspicion. I had to coax her to leap up on the bench where her biscuitfeeder had been refilled.

I still feel horrible about it.

How can one apologise to a cat?

Report Spam   Logged

"Life might not be the party you were expecting, but you're here now, so you may as well get up and dance"

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Magoo
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2013, 10:19:20 am »

Oh dear.   I think you will just have to wait her Majesty's pleasure.     I would put your Sissssss away for a while and speak very slowly and carefully if you have to say ' six silly sausages sizzling".   I suppose you could try groveling but I don't think it has an effect on a cat.
 Grin  Glad it had a happy outcome for you though.
Report Spam   Logged
nitpicker1
XNC2 GOD

« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2013, 10:49:42 am »

TYFT Gooo
I guess cats can forgive.  But do they ever forget?   I really need her Purrrrrrs.   Cry
Report Spam   Logged

"Life might not be the party you were expecting, but you're here now, so you may as well get up and dance"
Alicat
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2013, 11:00:25 am »

TYFT Gooo
I guess cats can forgive.  But do they ever forget?   I really need her Purrrrrrs.   Cry

They forgive especially when they know they are loved. She might decide to milk your remorse for all it is worth though. Humans have to pay for their transgressions. She'll purr when she is ready.
Report Spam   Logged
dragontamer
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2013, 05:51:14 pm »

Awwww - poor Nitzy.  They are better at making you feel guilty than kids are I think.  She was warm and dry and came back to bed... she would have heard you calling and been punishing you then... she'll be over it all tomorrow. Wink
Report Spam   Logged
ssweetpea
Absolutely Fabulously Incredibly Shit-Hot Member

« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2013, 07:45:02 pm »

Sally is a champion for making you feel guilty. Food offerings do not placate her.

However when she gets cold all is forgiven. Being a thin little minx with a hyperactive thyroid she feels the cold a lot.

The Smudge could hold a grudge against me for days but not against Mr Sp. She was a one person cat and I was not her person, he was. He could do no wrong in her eyes.
Report Spam   Logged

The way politicians run this country a small white cat should have no problem http://sally4mp.blogspot.com/
nitpicker1
XNC2 GOD

« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2013, 06:54:54 pm »

when she gets cold all is forgiven   
Same here: Preshus came into bed this morning for a wee while, then when I put the heatpump on she took over MY chair, so I had to use hers. She stayed there all day, and didn't even notice when the fridge door was opened.

Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: