Xtra News Community 2
March 28, 2024, 11:04:20 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to Xtra News Community 2 — please also join our XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP.

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links BITEBACK! XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP Staff List Login Register  

The Scottycats Blog

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Scottycats Blog  (Read 2847 times)
Alicat
« on: March 09, 2013, 08:17:26 am »

It is now just over a week since we (the Scottycats and I) moved to Upper Hutt. I have a lovely unit with a fenced in back yard with ranch sliders leading out there from the dining area and from the lounge. The Scottycats have been confine to the indoors since moving.

Yogi has been going absolutely stir crazy - he's been prowling like a lion yelling out loud to anyone who will listen that he's being held prisoner. Bailey and Mitzi have made it plain they'd have liked to have gone out sooner however they are pretty good and accepting.

This morning I opened the ranch slider and let them have the run of the back yard. They were out there for about 30 minutes having a really good look and sniff of their new surroundings.

Yogi had a few good manic mad dashs around the section before coming back inside a few times of his own choosing. He's now sound asleep on a polar fleece blanket in the lounge - tired out!

Mitzi had a really good look around and came back inside with a little encouragement from me.

Bailey had a really good look around then jumped up on the fence (and the neighbour's car port) to view her new kingdom. She then disappeared over the fence to check out one of the neighbouring properties (I am surrounded by a few other properties being a back section). I kept calling her and after 10 minutes she jumped back up on the fence from the other side and came home.

They are all now confined to the indoors until next time.

PHEW!
« Last Edit: March 09, 2013, 02:36:28 pm by Alicat » Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

dragontamer
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2013, 11:02:41 am »

Bailey is showing signs of Bentley there.  Sometimes I call and call and call and start to panic.  Then he's sitting right behind me with a "What?" face on.   Angry

He fancies the sprinklers at the park.  Except they aren't really sprinklers but small fire hoses, but he's undeterred... and will chase the water around in circles for hours.   Angry

He's lucky we are members of the club, and they all know us. 
Report Spam   Logged
wgtngirl
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2013, 02:38:50 pm »

LOL at Bentley chasing water round and round.

My delightful pride of cats are now almost impossible to get outside.  Have no idea why they have decided to become indoor cats as they used to be outside playing all day.  The ninja ginga enjoys planking on the banisters separating the split level and then dozes off on it and falls off.....jumps back on, planks some more, falls off.....etc.  I counted 25 falls in the space of 60 minutes yesterday....stupid animal......pmsl
Report Spam   Logged
Alicat
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2013, 03:12:56 pm »

Bailey is showing signs of Bentley there.  Sometimes I call and call and call and start to panic.  Then he's sitting right behind me with a "What?" face on.   Angry

Mitzi does that too. When she was younger (and smaller), Dad used to go out at dusk to call her inside. He'd be walking around calling her name and she would be walking along behind him helping him to look for her - PMSL. Being a little Seal Burmese, she was too dark to see easily when outside in the dark.
Report Spam   Logged
ssweetpea
Absolutely Fabulously Incredibly Shit-Hot Member

« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2013, 04:02:04 pm »

Bobby has taken over the Heather Habitat. Art has had to open the door for him in the morning because Heather can't hear him howling at the outside door but we can. Heather has also had to keep clear the top of one of her bookshelf cubes because if she doesn't Bobby clears it. It is Bobby's sittlng and sleeping spot.

The other day when Heather had to be the first out of the house she had to leave the room open and get Arthur to check that Bobby was out before closing the door and heading off to school.

He made sure Bobby was out alright but Sally is a little bit more cunning. I didn't notice her absence when I got home - she is good at keeping a low profile. When Arthur got home he went down to the freezer to get a Juicie and low and behold, Sally swears at him as he opened the basement door. She had been in there all day the little minx.

Report Spam   Logged

The way politicians run this country a small white cat should have no problem http://sally4mp.blogspot.com/
Alicat
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2013, 04:02:50 pm »

Poor Sally - are you sure she hasn't rung the SPCA to complain?
Report Spam   Logged
Alicat
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2013, 04:08:47 pm »

I'm on night shift at the moment and felt quite sorry for the Scottycats having to be confined inside again today. I got up at 3.40pm and opened the ranch slider doors then for them. All three of them went outside - casually strolled out no rushing. I plan on putting the cat door in the ranch slider off the dining area so after about 15 minutes of having both ranch sliders open, I closed the one that leads outside from the lounge and left just the one leading from the dining room open. I want them to get the idea that that will be the spot to go to to get in and out.

Yogi had a good stroll around them jumped up on a fence post so he could spy on teh neighbours. He chatted away for awhile (he's very vocal at the moment). He kept comnig and going and came each time I called him.

Mitzi had a good look around and came and went but not as much as the other two. When I wanted to shut them back inside I called her and she came running straight away.

Bailey was so funny. She had a good look around but kept racing back inside and jumping up on my knee giving me loads of smooches and kisses.

They are all settled back inside sleeping.

It's a tough life being a Scottycat
Report Spam   Logged
Alicat
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2013, 11:30:37 am »

I didn't bother going to bed when I got home from night shift this morning. I'm sorting stuff and unpacking clothes and linen. It's a lovely day here so I opened the windows and ranch sliders as soon as I arrived home. The Scottycats have been having a great time exploring and enjoying their freedom to come and go as they please. They have been visiting neighbouring addresses as well as they spread their wings a little. They are currently all inside - sleeping!
Report Spam   Logged
Alicat
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2013, 09:58:36 am »

The Scottycats had a great day yesterday - they had the freedom to come and go from 7.40am through to just after 5.00pm. They kept popping back regularly throughout the day to let me know where they were (and so they could see I was still here too!). Each time I called them they came.

This morning they have been outside since about 9.00am (I had a lazy start to the day after a busy day yesterday). The girls have been outside that is - Yogi is still in bed

Mitzi has only had her collar and new name tag on for 10 days and she's lost the damn collar - they are not cheap!
Report Spam   Logged
Alicat
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2013, 08:02:43 am »

The Scottycats are still really enjoying their new place. As long as I have the ranchsliders open, they come and go happily and are more likely to settle inside and snooze as long as they know they CAN go out if they choose.

I've had a couple of disturbed days/nights sleep with Yogi (little shit).

While I was trying to sleep the other day whilst on night shift, I heard a noise comnig from the kitchen - not a crash but it was obvious Yogi was in the pantry (he can open the door). I was trying to get back to sleep so thought - no crash, nothing broken - ignore! When I got up and went out to the kitchen, Yogi had been in the pantry and pulled the open packet of cornflour off the shelf and spilt it all over the pantry, up the walls and doors and over the kitchen floor. That was a bit of a clean up.

This morning (first night's sleep after night shift rotation) I was TRYING to sleep in a little. Yogi came in and demanded I got out of bed at 7.00am. I refused. He tried again at 7.30am. I refused. He came back at 8.00am and bit me on the face. I smacked him. I finally got up at 8.30am and there on the kitchen floor was an interesting patch of vomit. I couldn't figure out what the hell it was so went investigation. Yogi had opened the unopened castor sugar and eaten some of that then pened the unopened loaf of bread and eaten some of that - with a little plastic bag from both items.

It is just as well I love Yogi
« Last Edit: March 29, 2013, 06:13:27 pm by Alicat » Report Spam   Logged
Alicat
« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2013, 06:19:02 pm »

The Scottycats are still really enjoying their new surroundings.

Earlier in the week, Mitzi went over the back fence to do some exploring. Within about 5 minutes she came racing back with a gorgeous big Blue Russian look-a-like in hot pursuit. Mitzi came racing through the ranch slider but as soon as the other cat saw me, he stopped dead in his tracks and made a retreat.

This morning Mitzi had a close encounter with the neighbour's dog. Mitzi had gone over the high gate to see In2fx leave for the South Island. He hadn't been gone long when I walked back towards the front door. I heard a commotion and it was the dog chasing Mitzi. She ran under my car which was parked in the carport. The neighbour yelled at his dog and the dog went back to the neighbour. Poor Mitzi had a huge bottle brush tail. I picked her up and carried her inside - to safety? NO - Yogi was in a bad mood and chased her. He tried to give her a hiding so I threw him outside and closed him out there for about 15 minutes (the second time I have thrown him out in 2 days for bad behaviour). Mitzi was fine but Yogi paced around outside crying like a baby. I gave him 15 minutes outside tehn let him back inside then didn't acknowledge or talk to him. He HATES being ignored.
Report Spam   Logged
Alicat
« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2013, 06:19:31 pm »

Mitzi slept with In2fx last night
Report Spam   Logged
dragontamer
« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2013, 08:56:13 am »

So whats In2fx doing in the South Island then?  I'm not doing nuffin'.  Well, other than a day trip around Lyttelton Harbour and maybe some light spending.   I'm not doing any heavyweight spendning 'cos we have a 21st in less than a month and after that a new addition to cater to.    Grin
Report Spam   Logged
Alicat
« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2013, 02:50:16 pm »

So whats In2fx doing in the South Island then?  I'm not doing nuffin'.  Well, other than a day trip around Lyttelton Harbour and maybe some light spending.   I'm not doing any heavyweight spendning 'cos we have a 21st in less than a month and after that a new addition to cater to.    Grin

In2fx has been tiki-touring around the North Island (flew into Auckland) spent one night here and then headed down to the South Island for the air show. He's back in Wellington in another 10 days or so for a week.

I bet you are getting exited about 'you-know-who.'
Report Spam   Logged
Alicat
« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2013, 02:52:15 pm »

I'm on night shift. When I arrived home this morning I opened the ranch slider to give the Scottycats some freedom. They went outside for about 30 minutes then came back inside and went to bed with me. The four of us got up 10 minutes ago. I've opened the ranch sliders again for some fresh air. They've been out briefly and had a quick sniff around then came back insideand are asleep on the floor in the sunshine.
Report Spam   Logged
wgtngirl
« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2013, 07:41:13 pm »

Has In2fx still got Casper and that slithery thing that I hate?
Report Spam   Logged
dragontamer
« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2013, 11:18:46 pm »

Zen and Zelda?  I'm bad at names, but they sound promising.  In2fx had a photo of the boy with the most lovely eyes, considering he's a snake.....
Report Spam   Logged
Alicat
« Reply #17 on: March 31, 2013, 08:29:56 am »

Has In2fx still got Casper and that slithery thing that I hate?

Casper died a few years ago. And yes, he still has those slithery things.
Report Spam   Logged
Alicat
« Reply #18 on: April 15, 2013, 11:05:31 am »

The Scottycats have had a busy week. Their Uncle In2fx has been here and they have made the most of the extra knee and all of the extra attention. Anyone who has met my lot knows that visitors are very important people to them and those visitors don't come to stay and visit with me - but are there first and foremost for the entertainment and enjoyment of the Scottycats!

In2fx doesn't have a feline at the moment so enjoyed spending time with this lot. Yogi always enjoys the male company as the poor wee man is over run and out numbered by females.

The move out here has done wonders for the Yogi/Mitzi relationship. Being neutral territory, Yogi is much more accepting of Mitzi and the bullying has almosst completely stopped. Yogi still tries to intimidate Mitzi and Bailey but the three of them are cuddling up together on my knee (also In2fx's knee while he was here) and snuggle up under the duvet in my bed at night time together. That said, Yogi is still Yogi and still a handful at times.
Report Spam   Logged
Alicat
« Reply #19 on: April 16, 2013, 07:16:45 pm »

I had a bit of a traumatic afternoon yesterday.

Yogi went out around midday. The girls were already outside bird-watching. When Yogi hadn’t returned by 3.00pm I was starting to get a little concerned. I called and called him but he didn’t respond or return which is most unlike Yogi. By 4.00pm there was still no sign of him and I had been outside repeatedly calling him. I drove around to Joseph Grove which is the street that the houses behind me are on then walked around calling him. There was no sign of him so I returned home and called him on and off for another 45 minutes. By then I was really worried that something had happened to him or that he was shut in someone’s house, garage or shed. I drove back to Joseph Grove and knocked on a few doors. The lady in the house directly behind me opened her garage door to see if he was shut in there – he wasn’t. While we were standing outside her front door talking, Yogi appeared from around the side of her house. I have no idea where he had been but he looked a little surprised to see me. I carried him out to my car and drove him home. I fed him then he settled in the lounge with no idea just how worried I was about him.

I'm sure there are a few extra grey hairs as a result.
Report Spam   Logged
Alicat
« Reply #20 on: April 17, 2013, 11:55:54 am »

Mitzi has been sitting in the bottle-brush tree outside my lounge window. It is too small a tree for a cat to perch on the thin branches and it must be very uncomfortable. Mitzi was there for over an hour before the little madam caught a bird. She brought it inside and took it under the stove where I could not reach her. She growled so the others stayed away but when I refused to budge, she ate it - the whole bloody lot of it - beak, claws and all - eeeewwwwwwwwwww yuk!
Report Spam   Logged
Alicat
« Reply #21 on: April 17, 2013, 03:04:13 pm »

Holy shit - nobody move - Yogi, Bailey and Mitzi are snuggled up together on one of the armchairs - washing each other
Report Spam   Logged
Magoo
« Reply #22 on: April 17, 2013, 05:06:32 pm »

Don't you love the sound of harmony?  Grin
Report Spam   Logged
Alicat
« Reply #23 on: April 17, 2013, 07:45:40 pm »

Don't you love the sound of harmony?  Grin

This is nothing short of a miracle. Yogi has intimidated Mitzi from the moment he met her - because he can!
Report Spam   Logged
Alicat
« Reply #24 on: April 25, 2013, 04:25:10 pm »

My name is Yogi ... I got shut outside in teh rain this morning for 2 and a half hours because I wouldn't come inside when Mum called me ... I cried like a baby.

Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: