Xtra News Community 2
March 29, 2024, 12:29:26 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to Xtra News Community 2 — please also join our XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP.

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links BITEBACK! XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP Staff List Login Register  

The Most Dangerous Chocolate Cake Recipe in the World

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Most Dangerous Chocolate Cake Recipe in the World  (Read 903 times)
dragontamer
« on: March 20, 2009, 08:52:19 pm »

3 MINUTE CHOCOLATE MUG CAKE

1 Coffee Mug
4 tablespoons flour (that's plain flour, not self-rising)
4 tablespoons sugar
2 tablespoons baking cocoa
1 egg
3 tablespoons milk
3 tablespoons oil
3 tablespoons chocolate chips (optional) mini chips would be the best
Small splash of vanilla

Add dry ingredients to mug, and mix well.
Add the egg and mix thoroughly.
Pour in the milk and oil and mix well.
Add the chocolate chips (if using) and vanilla, and mix again.

Put your mug in the microwave and cook for 3 minutes at 1000 watts. The cake will rise over the top of the mug, but don't be alarmed!

Allow to cool a little, and tip out onto a plate if desired.

EAT! (This can serve 2 if you want to share!)

And why is this the most dangerous chocolate cake recipe in the world? Because now we are all only 5 minutes away from chocolate cake at any time of the day or night!
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

donquixotenz
Senator
Shit-Hot Member

STILL TILTING

« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2009, 10:52:14 pm »

http://xtranewscommunity2.smfforfree.com/index.php/topic,110.0.html     
tv1 picked up on this and did a example on air a couple of weeks ago.
 I posted this recipe over six months ago elsewhere on msn seems it has not gone un-noticed
Report Spam   Logged

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body.

But rather, to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming...

WOW, What a Ride!"

Please note: IMHO and e&oe apply to all my posts.
Magoo
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2009, 05:30:48 am »

I tried this some months back and vowed I wouldn't do it again...yeah right.    Also this is a very good and inexpensive standby gift ( incase someone drops in unexpectedly)  for xmas.   Buy a mug from the $2 shop and fill it with the  dry ingredients in a plastic bag and wrap the whole thing in coloured cellophane and dif no one shows up to receive it then you can have it yourself..
Report Spam   Logged
Kiwithrottlejockey
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2009, 12:59:45 am »

Delicious mud cake

By PATRICIA SOPER - The Southland Times | Saturday, 27 June 2009

RUINOUSLY RICH: Fudgy mud cake can induce appetite oblivion.

RUINOUSLY RICH: Fudgy mud cake can induce appetite oblivion.

There is something totally decadent about mud cake.

I think it's the way it sinks to the bottom of your tum, giving a great feeling of satisfaction. I call it appetite-oblivion, but that's a personal assessment.

Cakes with a high fat content are, by their very nature, rich and calorific. That's the downside. The upside of such cakes is that if you are making them as dinner-party dessert they go a long way because the portions don't need to be large, especially if you are serving them with ice cream, cream or yoghurt.

Of course there will always be those who like a generous helping, me among them, but today's cake caters for the greedy as well as the infuriatingly restrained. Mud cakes keep well and can be made a day or two in advance. In fact, because they have a wonderfully dense texture they actually improve on keeping. They also freeze well.

You don't have to use good quality chocolate cooking chocolate is fine, and of course cheaper but I like to use a bitter chocolate because it enhances the flavour yet reduces the sweetness. Make sure the sugar is properly dissolved before you add the dry ingredients and stir the mixture rather than beat it. Don't worry if the batter looks slightly lumpy; it sorts itself out during the cooking process.

The oven temperature is moderately low because of the high chocolate content. You can dust the cooked cake with cocoa powder or icing sugar or, if overkill is called for, dribble it with melted chocolate. Enjoy without guilt.

Ingredients:

• 200g butter
  • 200g dark chocolate
  • 1 tsp vanilla essence or vanilla paste
  • 320g white sugar
  • ¾ cup hot water
  • 2 eggs
  • ½ cup cocoa
  • 1 cup white flour
  • ¾ cup self-raising flour
  • 2 Tbsp coffee powder

Method:

• Set oven at 160°C.
  • Line a 23cm tin with baking paper.
  • Put butter, chocolate, water, sugar, vanilla and coffee powder in a heavy saucepan.
  • Melt over a low heat until the sugar is fully dissolved and the mixture is smooth.
  • Lightly beat eggs then sift together the flour, self-raising flour and cocoa.
  • Add the flour-cocoa and eggs to the chocolate mixture and stir until combined. Do not beat.
  • Spread mixture into prepared tin and bake for one hour.
  • Leave cake to cool completely in tin.
  • Turn out on to a serving platter and dust with cocoa powder or dribble with melted chocolate.

Serve with whipped cream or Greek-style yoghurt.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/southland-times/features/food-wine/2542964/Delicious-mud-cake
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: