Xtra News Community 2
March 29, 2024, 04:47:43 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to Xtra News Community 2 — please also join our XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP.

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links BITEBACK! XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP Staff List Login Register  

Green MP's dole experiment over

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Green MP's dole experiment over  (Read 284 times)
Newtown-Fella
« on: February 05, 2013, 07:38:05 pm »

Newstart is A$246.30 per week [ paid fortnightly ] = NZ$305.02 per week

DAYS after declaring he could not live on Newstart, Adam Bandt returned to life as a parliamentarian with a business-class fight to Canberra and service in the Chairman's Lounge.

The Greens MP enjoyed a free coffee in the exclusive Qantas lounge in Melbourne before boarding his flight with his tax-payer funded business class ticket, which cost twice the amount a person on Newstart receives each week.

Mr Bandt attempted to live on the $246 a week Newstart allowance in a bid to boost Greens' calls for a $50 a week increase funded by taxing workers earning $1 million at 50 per cent.

"I said from the beginning that unlike people on Newstart, I would be going back to a well-paid job at end of the week," Mr Bandt said yesterday.

"If I have drawn attention to the plight of people on Newstart living in poverty and Labor's attacks on single parents it has been worth it. Newstart needs to increase by $50 a week."

Mr Bandt accumulated a debt during his week living on Newstart

"I am full of admiration for those of you doing this month in, month out. Frankly, I don't know how you manage to do more than just barely make ends meet without going further into debt or missing out on some of the basics of life," he wrote of his experience.

He said he had to call a taxi to one meeting a suburb away because torrential rain would have drenched him, contributing to his overspending for the week.

"Yesterday, I left myself an hour to get to an important meeting," Mr Bandt wrote in his update about his Newstart experience.

"And then the torrential rain hit. Walking or public transport would have seen me soaked, ...not a good look if you're trying to impress a would-be boss, say.

" So, to get to my appointment on time and looking presentable, I had to catch a cab and put it on the credit card. A short $10 ride across one suburb, but it's plunged me into the red.

"I begin day five with $6.54. Not much ability to deal with the unexpected on such a low income. Will have to find out today where you can eat in Melbourne if you've got no cash."

http://www.news.com.au/money/cost-of-living/green-mps-dole-experiment-over/story-fnagkbpv-1226570333282
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

sickofpollies
Shit-Hot Member

« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2013, 08:01:54 pm »

What a worthless experiment. For all we know the twit went around coffee shops and blew the lot that way for example. We would have to be told the parameters he was working under.

It was a bit like when Shipley said she could live on the benefit for a week (even though she quit part way through.) Even if she'd passed the test, we'd never know if her family used prior food reserves let alone resources no black-market using beneficiary has access to.
Report Spam   Logged

Falsus in uno, falsus in omnibus
ballasted moth
Incredibly Shit-Hot Member

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2013, 09:15:32 am »

Shows how out of touch pollies are giving in so easily
Report Spam   Logged

Greens are really RED
Donald
Part-Of-The-Furniture Member

« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2017, 01:14:11 pm »

...wow..even Paddy the lefty wants the Greens leader to resign...we said🙄

Patrick Gower on Turei’s benefit fraud

Patrick Gower gets one right for once:

Metiria Turei’s biggest ripoff is that she is trying to exploit the New Zealand public for political gain.

Yes, she also systematically ripped off the taxpayer by committing benefit fraud.

But make no mistake: the main motivation of her admission was to try and get votes. 

It is all about getting attention for her and the Greens.

It is all a tactic – the party wants to turn her into Aotearoa’s Bernie Sanders or Jeremy Corbyn.

I’m pretty sure it is costing them votes, and costing their MOU partner votes as well, which why I am getting a constant stream of calls from Labour people wanting her taken out politically.

Good luck to them – but it still needs to be called out as nothing but a calculated political move by the Green leadership and spin doctors to get attention.

It is an attempt to use her benefit fraud to manipulate the media and the public eight weeks before an election.

It is all about Metiria.

That’s just another fraud on the electorate.

In my opinion, she is ripping off the New Zealand public by dropping, drip-feeding and dragging out this saga. It is a political fraud.

Everything else is secondary. Yes, she genuinely wants to help New Zealand’s poor – but her priority has been to rip off the public and get votes.

She is playing textbook wedge politics – she wants people to criticise her because that extends the story.

Metiria Turei and the Greens are playing a game with the New Zealand public.

And for that she has to be held accountable – she has to tell the taxpayer the truth about what happened all that time ago.

Why doesn’t she start doing that now? She’s made enough gain politically from it, but now it’s time to front up.

The Greens have a taxpayer funded research unit – why doesn’t Turei put them on the case of finding out roughly how much she owes.

If it was really all about coming clean and doing something for poverty she would have paid the money back by now – so someone needy can use it.

The terrible shame is that Metiria Turei has thrown her baby’s daddy under the bus as well. We all know who he is now, and we know he was never named as the father to IRD to prevent him having to pay his liable parent contributions. That is yet another fraud on the taxpayers.

This tart expected the taxpayers to raise her child, and we did because of her dishonesty.

She should resign.

-newshub

Cam slater
Report Spam   Logged
Donald

« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2017, 02:31:22 pm »

.....can't get enough dole...just lie and cheat...it's easy😜

Rodney Hide on staying staunch with Metiria

Rodney Hide is like Leighton Smith...he wants Metiria Turei to stay in her job:

#StaunchWithMetria. I’m staying staunch with Metiria Turei. She is doing more to undermine welfarism than Ruth Richardson commanding an army of ACT MPs could ever hope to achieve.

Our side must rely on reason and argument.

Ms Turei provides a more visceral response: she’s proved a lazy, lying bludger. Amazingly, the Beneficiary-in-Chief has become welfarism’s pin-up girl. 

She’s perfect.

She fits every negative stereotype.

She’s lazy. Not for her working to pay her way through law school. No, she had a baby so she got a benefit. That allowed her to “have fun like other people do” by standing for Parliament for the McGillicuddy Serious Party and Aotearoa Legalise Cannabis Party.

She’s entitled. Ms Turei explains: “… this is the thing, people are entitled to have a decent life and I want every beneficiary to have enough money to be financially secure.” She has no thought for the families having to work to pay for her “fun.”

She cheats. Ms Turei found herself a bit short so she repeatedly lied and cheated to get more. She said it was for food. That’s despite flatting with her mum, having the support of mum-in-law Labour MP Ann Hartley and putting her address as her baby’s dad’s place. She’s said her baby’s dad was very supportive, too.

She didn’t tell WINZ the dad’s name. That’s because she didn’t want WINZ “hassling” him. She preferred to have the rest of us hassled by Inland Revenue.

She has no remorse. She would do it all again.

And yet she has no idea the damage she is doing to her party and she has no idea at the utter disdain that taxpayers think about her and her bludging ways.

She refuses to answer the obvious questions such as who she was living with and what other support she was receiving. She says that’s altogether too intrusive. She should just be allowed the money she needs, no questions asked.

She obviously hasn’t been on the end of an IRD audit.

She may well be, along with the baby daddy who has been revealed with all of this.

Ms Turei began as a victim. She was driven to lie and cheat by a heartless government that wouldn’t provide her with enough of other people’s money. She has now become a courageous heroine. According to her supporters, her cheating ways makes her brave and honest.

Left-winger Chris Trotter places her alongside Mahatma Gandhi, Martin Luther King and Nelson Mandela.

But middle-of-the-road lefties have always been anxious to avoid the perception that benefit fraud is systemic. Former minister Steve Maharey explains: “The ministry takes a zero tolerance approach to benefit … because it undermines people’s confidence in the benefit system. If taxpayers suspect that some people are defrauding the ministry, this could cause a backlash against beneficiaries.”

Quite. That’s the backlash Ms Turei and her supporters have unleashed.

I absolutely love it. Nothing shows the perversion of the modern welfare system better than Metiria Turei. We need her in Parliament. And when she’s gone she deserves a very large monument to ensure we don’t forget.

Her goose is cooked, politically. Like all geese that end up on a platter, it has to be cooked nice and slow.
Nor
C slater

Report Spam   Logged
Donald

« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2017, 02:40:34 pm »

..let's be honest....when you look at Matiria Turei....which admittedly should not be done too early in the morning..it ain't hard to see where the babies food was going😏

....jeeeezzz...even her head is fat....it ain't rocket science🙄
Report Spam   Logged
Donald

« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2017, 03:25:40 pm »

I think some people are falling into the old trap of feeling sorry for someone who is fat and ugly..
...she doesn't deserve the sympathy...🙄
Report Spam   Logged
aDjUsToR

« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2017, 04:31:48 pm »

Fat can be reduced. Ugly, well not so easily. Don't be a ncut 😁
Report Spam   Logged
Kiwithrottlejockey
Admin Staff
XNC2 GOD

Having fun in the hills!

« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2017, 08:24:29 pm »

Turei's downfall is Jacinda's gain.

Prime Minister Jacinda has a nice ring around it.

I might even be tempted to vote for Labour for the first time since the mid-1980s.

I'll never vote for the Nats again though....they are a bunch of fuckwits & morons and always will be.
Report Spam   Logged

If you aren't living life on the edge, you're taking up too much space! 
Kiwithrottlejockey
Admin Staff
XNC2 GOD

Having fun in the hills!

« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2017, 09:25:12 pm »

POWER PUNCH
(click on the picture to read the news story)
Report Spam   Logged

If you aren't living life on the edge, you're taking up too much space! 
aDjUsToR

« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2017, 09:53:29 pm »

Jacinta's reaction to being asked if she has plans to have children suggested she's a typical head in the clouds SJW (and no, that term isn't a compliment). It speaks flakiness and I'm not sure kiwis are buying that. Marxists and green zealots are old hat.
Report Spam   Logged
Donald

« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2017, 12:11:09 am »

Adj...."Fat can be reduced. Ugly, well not so easily. Don't be a ncut"

....well you might shag her but I certainly would not...
...no..she has ripped me off ....I will call her what I fucking well like...don't be so naive🙄

...maybe if she lost some head fat she might look better...
But I seriously doubt it😖
Report Spam   Logged
aDjUsToR

« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2017, 12:35:33 am »

Righto 😀
Report Spam   Logged
Donald

« Reply #13 on: August 10, 2017, 02:10:54 pm »

...Haha...how to halve your political party's support in one easy step....great to see😜
....looks like ripping off the generous taxpayers may not have been a good idea...
Great to see many kiwis have principles...🙄...she is scum, should be out of parliament...get a real job...or join kiwirail😉

Audrey Young roasts the arrogance of self-confessed fraudster Metiria Turei

Andrey Young has obviously been talking to the senior Labour MP who has been gleefully telling people that Metiria Turei was a “f**king suicide bomber” with a slow fuse.

Even as she announced her resignation as Green Party co-leader, Metiria Turei failed to make the tiniest concession to her having screwed up – at all.

Not back in the 1990s when she rorted the welfare system, not on July 16 when she decided to make it a strategic campaigning point, not in the interviews that followed when she said she would pay it back- if they asked, not in the weeks following when she provided moral justification to similar offenders today, not last week when she declared she would not take a ministerial job that she was never going to get anyway, and not yesterday when she caused two of her caucus colleagues to walk away.

At no point has she conceded she did the wrong thing, not even politically, not for a second.

And she is still campaigning hard and showing no remorse. That is why she is still in the firing line.

At no point did she think about the damage she would be doing to Labour or the Greens relationship with Labour.

And that lack of self-doubt has led to slow-motion kamikaze mission of a politician, destroying herself and wounding her party.

Looks like Audrey Young is riffing off of the senior Labour MP. Make no mistake this hit job was Labour sourced…and impressive. It makes Bill English’s hit job on Barclay look like kindy tactics.

Turei’s supporters had no sense of how their adulation of her attitude serving to divide the country as much as her party. It was a shocking display of being unable to see what damage they were doing.

It should perhaps not have been surprising she failed to cite two really bad polls today in her decision, which was a complete U-turn on her assurances yesterday she would be toughing it out.

The Greens have plunged from 15 per cent to 8 per cent in a private UMR poll leaked to the Herald and from 13 to 8.3 in the Reid Research poll on Newshub.

That leaves any number of others to blame, but chiefly it will be the media.

It was continuing to ask intrusive questions about her living arrangements at the time she was making false declarations to social welfare about the make-up of her household and apparently to the Electoral Office on her address.

Turei knew, from Newshub’s and RadioNZ’s investigative teams that the gig was up. She moved to cauterise that, but now the sources are even more enraged after her lack of remorse and carry on over resigning, like she was the victim of a terrible smear when all it was revealing the truth she lacked ethics to reveal.

She has been hoist by her own petard. She opened this can of worms, now she must eat them.

The left-wing, for their part, still don’t get it and the outrage and carnage on social media is harming them even further.
Nz herald
C slater

Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: