Xtra News Community 2
April 20, 2024, 07:35:55 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to Xtra News Community 2 — please also join our XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP.

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links BITEBACK! XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP Staff List Login Register  

Gareth Morgan fires the first shot of WWIII

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Gareth Morgan fires the first shot of WWIII  (Read 2641 times)
nitpicker1
XNC2 GOD

Nothing sexceeds like sexcess

« Reply #100 on: January 28, 2013, 07:13:34 am »

..maybe time for the team to sack the boss Roll Eyes

I think I've missed sumpin

who is Welnix consortium and who really is the boss of the pheonix

Board of Directors

As of 31 May 2012

Position            Name
Chairman            Rob Morrison
Board member    Cameron Harland
Board member    Kerry Prendergast
Board member    Gareth Morgan
Board member    Noah Hickey
Board member    Mark Chote
Board member    Campbell Gower .....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wellington_Phoenix_FC

sooner or latter the Chairman had better grow some balls and silence Gareth Morgan .....

i had the idea that he was in charge sinces hes so vocal ... but hes just a Board Member ......

Who are the new Phoenix owners?
Last updated 12:36 23/09/2011

...It was confirmed today that the consortium - under the working name of Welnix and led by investment banker Rob Morrison - will buy the Phoenix.
The new company includes Gareth Morgan, Campbell Gower, Lloyd Morrison, Lib Petagna and others. A new board will be set up with appropriate expertise.

Rob Morrison: Kiwibank chairman and former chairman and chief executive of Hong Kong-based investment bank CLSA. He is the brother of Infratil founder Lloyd Morrison.

Lloyd Morrison: Founder of Wellington-based Infratil, an infrastructure investment company which has a controlling shareholding in Wellington airport, the local bus company and recently bought the Shell service station network in New Zealand.

Gareth Morgan: Economist, founder of Infometrics, chief executive of Gareth Morgan Investments and former director of Trade Me which was set up by his son, Sam. He is also a philanthropist and keen motorcyclist. He has written 11 books on travel, public policy and finance.

Campbell Gower: Owner and chief executive of Wellington-based push chair, cot and baby feeding accessory company Phil&Teds. Its products are sold internationally.

Lib Petagna: Executive director and chief investment officer of Morrison and Co. Mr Petagna is a director of Aotea Energy Holdings (parent of Z Energy), NZ Bus and Infratil Property. Mr Petagna has extensive experience advising the infrastructure sector.

Henry Tait: He is the grandson of Todd Energy founder Sir Bryan Todd and tipped to be a leading contender to run the family-owned corporate giant. Educated at Eton and Oxford, his business career began when he started work with investment bankers Fay Richwhite. He is a founding director of business incubator company Sparkbox.

James Brow: A non-executive director of Todd Family Office and Future Selves venture capital company. He is also owner and chief executive of pet food distributor Imports for Pets.

according to http://www.stuff.co.nz/dominion-post/news/5673956/Who-are-the-new-Phoenix-owners

Lloyd Morrison died recently, but I think the Welnix team should gag Gareth before he makes a bigger fool of himself 

Report Spam   Logged

"Life might not be the party you were expecting, but you're here now, so you may as well get up and dance"
Newtown-Fella
« Reply #101 on: January 28, 2013, 10:01:56 am »

Board of Directors

As of 31 May 2012

Position            Name
Chairman            Rob Morrison
Board member    Cameron Harland
Board member    Kerry Prendergast
Board member    Gareth Morgan
Board member    Noah Hickey
Board member    Mark Chote
Board member    Campbell Gower .....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wellington_Phoenix_FC

Who are the new Phoenix owners?
Last updated 12:36 23/09/2011

[/quote]

l knew one had died seems that between 9/2011 and 5/2012 there was some major reshuffling going on with the Board ....

Report Spam   Logged
Lovelee
XNC2 GOD

« Reply #102 on: January 28, 2013, 10:53:41 am »

Theres probably only one person in here whose even been to see them ....

are they that important in the giant scheme of things ...
Report Spam   Logged

Laughter is the best medicine, unless you've got a really nasty case of syphilis, in which case penicillin is your best bet.
Kiwithrottlejockey
Admin Staff
XNC2 GOD

Having fun in the hills!

« Reply #103 on: January 28, 2013, 01:17:09 pm »

Report Spam   Logged

If you aren't living life on the edge, you're taking up too much space! 
Newtown-Fella
« Reply #104 on: January 28, 2013, 01:49:22 pm »

i went a couple of times with a friend who had a season pass to the stadium and it covered soccer matches as well ....

however i cant see the sense in kicking a ball around a patch of green grass ...

no wonder Webb Ellis picked up a soccer ball and ran with it thereby creating rugby ....
Report Spam   Logged
Kiwithrottlejockey
Admin Staff
XNC2 GOD

Having fun in the hills!

« Reply #105 on: January 28, 2013, 10:03:22 pm »

Report Spam   Logged

Kiwithrottlejockey
Admin Staff
XNC2 GOD

Having fun in the hills!

« Reply #106 on: January 28, 2013, 10:41:53 pm »

Report Spam   Logged

Lovelee
XNC2 GOD

« Reply #107 on: January 29, 2013, 01:16:02 pm »

While Gareth Morgan's gripe about cats had more to do with the threat to native birds, scientists say there may be another reason not to trust your favourite feline.

Auckland University scientists have found acute toxoplasmosis, an infectious disease carried by cats, may be a much more serious illness for humans than previously thought.

Recent studies have shown the illness, which releases dopamine into the brain, can be very severe and disabling. About 40 per cent of Kiwis are infected with toxoplasmosis at some time in their lives and it cannot be cured.

"While chronic toxoplasmosis has been shown to have a strong association with conditions affecting the brain such as schizophrenia, and with suicide and self-harming behaviour, the disease in its acute phase has usually been seen as a benign, trivial and self-healing illness," Associate Professor Mark Thomas from the Department of Molecular Medicine and Pathology said.

"We were surprised, when the results came in, to discover how common it was for patients to report significant and prolonged symptoms such as impaired memory and concentration, headaches and extreme fatigue."

The study was unique in its focus on people in the community rather than in hospital.

Of the 31 patients who completed the questionnaire, 90 per cent reported fatigue, 74 per cent reported headaches and 52 per cent found they had difficulty in concentrating.

Sixteen of the 31 had aches in their muscles and 12 had fever, with one person briefly admitted to hospital because of sweats, muscle aches and elevated heart rate.

While Thomas acknowledged the respondents may have been those worst affected, he believed the results would be of interest to doctors throughout the world since they contradicted the previous misconceptions about the acute phase of the illness and gave a deeper understanding of what patients may be experiencing.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/science/8236081/Cat-disease-a-danger-to-humans
Report Spam   Logged

Laughter is the best medicine, unless you've got a really nasty case of syphilis, in which case penicillin is your best bet.
dragontamer
« Reply #108 on: January 29, 2013, 02:52:37 pm »

31 respondents.... out of how many households with cats?

Since when is it acceptable for our scientists to be bloody stupid?
Report Spam   Logged
Gecko
Getting The Hang Of It

« Reply #109 on: January 29, 2013, 03:53:55 pm »

here you are Gareth,choke on this ya twat

http://www.petsclan.com/20-fine-cat-breeds.html
Report Spam   Logged
Alicat
« Reply #110 on: January 29, 2013, 03:58:39 pm »

here you are Gareth,choke on this ya twat

http://www.petsclan.com/20-fine-cat-breeds.html

The Ocicats nad Egyptian Maus are stunning looking creatures.
Report Spam   Logged
Gecko
Getting The Hang Of It

« Reply #111 on: January 29, 2013, 04:05:06 pm »

only ever had one cat and that was when i was a kid,have dogs now,but it just pisses me off when wankers like him say some bullshit statement that will encourage the other wankers who shoot cats with air rifles or throw them in sacks into the water.Funny thing is its Morgan junior that made all the money and you dont hear much from him but his old man just wont shut it!
Report Spam   Logged
nitpicker1
XNC2 GOD

« Reply #112 on: January 29, 2013, 04:31:47 pm »

Seems to me that only rabbits, rats, mice and their human equivalent like Gareth's bright idea.  Cry
Report Spam   Logged

"Life might not be the party you were expecting, but you're here now, so you may as well get up and dance"
Kiwithrottlejockey
Admin Staff
XNC2 GOD

Having fun in the hills!

« Reply #113 on: January 29, 2013, 10:21:19 pm »

Report Spam   Logged

dragontamer
« Reply #114 on: January 30, 2013, 03:57:51 pm »

http://gwynncompton.wordpress.com/2013/01/24/an-open-letter-to-gareth-morgan/
Report Spam   Logged
Justic
Global Moderator
Shit-Hot Member

« Reply #115 on: January 30, 2013, 05:11:45 pm »

Why Campbell Live is giving him more air time tonight beats me.  I turned it off.
Report Spam   Logged

"Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts."
ssweetpea
Absolutely Fabulously Incredibly Shit-Hot Member

« Reply #116 on: January 30, 2013, 06:02:23 pm »

Toxoplasmosis can be a serious illness. My sister missed a big chunk of her 6th form year because of it. At one point the doctors thought she had hepatitis. She would spend half a day at school then sleep most of the next 3 days.

She and Mum were told at the time that it was due to her having had glandular fever a few years before that caused it the be so bad.

That aside you have to have contact with infected cat droppings and have a compromised immune system for it to even be a noticeable illness.
Report Spam   Logged

The way politicians run this country a small white cat should have no problem http://sally4mp.blogspot.com/
dragontamer
« Reply #117 on: January 30, 2013, 06:30:16 pm »

Toxoplasmosis can be a serious illness. My sister missed a big chunk of her 6th form year because of it. At one point the doctors thought she had hepatitis. She would spend half a day at school then sleep most of the next 3 days.

She and Mum were told at the time that it was due to her having had glandular fever a few years before that caused it the be so bad.

That aside you have to have contact with infected cat droppings and have a compromised immune system for it to even be a noticeable illness.

Not disputing it's a sucky disease, but the numbers are lower than any even marginally acceptable data.   

Get over run with mice and see what nasty diseases you can get from breathing the air!  Their urine turns to a gas.
Report Spam   Logged
Ferney
Incredibly Shit-Hot Member

« Reply #118 on: January 31, 2013, 07:40:33 am »

He is now suggesting if a neighbours cat wanders onto your property and you don't like it, cage it and take it to the SPCA.   What a F#$$^ng arsehole.

Have a better idea.....have all people who don't like cats...put down.   
Report Spam   Logged
donquixotenz
Senator
Shit-Hot Member

STILL TILTING

« Reply #119 on: January 31, 2013, 08:07:21 am »

Gareth's mates?Huh

http://xtranewscommunity2.smfforfree.com/index.php?action=gallery;sa=view;id=302
http://xtranewscommunity2.smfforfree.com/index.php?action=gallery;sa=view;id=302
« Last Edit: January 31, 2013, 08:12:30 am by donquixotenz » Report Spam   Logged

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body.

But rather, to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming...

WOW, What a Ride!"

Please note: IMHO and e&oe apply to all my posts.
donquixotenz
Senator
Shit-Hot Member

STILL TILTING

« Reply #120 on: January 31, 2013, 08:10:15 am »

how does one post bloody pic's from the gallery???
Report Spam   Logged

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body.

But rather, to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming...

WOW, What a Ride!"

Please note: IMHO and e&oe apply to all my posts.
Alicat
« Reply #121 on: January 31, 2013, 08:18:49 am »

He is now suggesting if a neighbours cat wanders onto your property and you don't like it, cage it and take it to the SPCA.   What a F#$$^ng arsehole.

Have a better idea.....have all people who don't like cats...put down.  

What about the neighbours kids? If they are behaving like brats can they be handed in somewhere as well? Why pick on the poor cats Mr Morgan.
Report Spam   Logged
nitpicker1
XNC2 GOD

« Reply #122 on: January 31, 2013, 09:13:27 am »

Seems to me that only rabbits, rats, mice and their human equivalent like Gareth's bright idea.  Cry

another of Gareth's friends.Huh

that pic is from a nz govt site, the result of a DOC worker's morning's skink-saving kill up MacRaes way in 2004, note the ferret, stoat and weasel, and what seems to be genentically a family of cats.

All of them preditors of rabbits

The rabbit population exploded and in 2009 the cockies were complaining again.

Seems to me Gareth should reset his sights. He is becoming somewhat over-exposed

He tells us that the SPCA neuters and releases unclaimed cats "into the wild". 

Does this translate as meaning they transport them up-country somewhere to a patch of native bush? How do we interpret that phrase?

I hope SPCA would set the unclaimed cats, after they're neutered, free in the urban area in which they were caught??  Is "into the wild" an unfortunate choice of words on the part of the SPCA policy makers?

Report Spam   Logged

Justic
Global Moderator
Shit-Hot Member

« Reply #123 on: January 31, 2013, 11:35:30 am »

Typical "reactive" way NZ has of solving one problem by creating three more. 

Good ole Al Anon (and AA) quote "Act on it don't react to it".

Wink
Report Spam   Logged

"Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts."
Kiwithrottlejockey
Admin Staff
XNC2 GOD

Having fun in the hills!

« Reply #124 on: February 04, 2013, 08:53:31 pm »

There's a heap of wild cats at work.

We see them out and about in the Masterton rail yards at night, but never during the day.

Well, until today when I saw one inside the turntable pit while I was turning a locomotive.

Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: