Xtra News Community 2
March 29, 2024, 02:14:02 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to Xtra News Community 2 — please also join our XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP.

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links BITEBACK! XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP Staff List Login Register  

“Revenue Gathering” News

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: “Revenue Gathering” News  (Read 189 times)
Kiwithrottlejockey
Admin Staff
XNC2 GOD

Having fun in the hills!

« on: December 21, 2012, 11:05:57 am »

Title: Motorists reminded of reduced speed tolerance from 4pm today

12:24pm - December 21st, 2012

Motorists heading away on their Christmas Holidays today are reminded that a reduced 4km/h speed tolerance is in place from 4pm today, through until 7am, Monday 7th January.

Police will be out in force over the festive season and rigorously enforcing the reduced speed tolerance. Drink-driving, seatbelt wearing, driver distraction and fatigue are also a focus.

“The message is simple: stick to the speed limit, stay off the booze and make sure you get enough rest before heading away on your holiday to ensure a safe trip,” says Superintendent Carey Griffiths, National Manager Road Policing. “Also switch off or put away other distractions such as cellphones or smart devices so you won’t be tempted to use them while driving”.

“Driving is a skill that requires our full focus, as you literally have your own life and those of passengers and other road users in your hands. Already there have been a number of fatal crashes in the lead-up to the holidays that have left families and loved ones devastated. Let’s not have any more families’ lives ruined this Christmas.”

During the holiday break New Zealand Police will also be joining forces with their Australian counterparts in Operation Crossroads, a joint operation targeting the major causes of road deaths and injuries, including drink/drugged driving, speeding, traffic infringements and license offences.

This will see a range of tactics used, including the targeting of repeat traffic offenders, a focus on known hotspots, use of traffic speed analysers (including radars and speed cameras), and random roadside drink and drug testing.

ENDS

Please view the full news release online at:

http://www.police.govt.nz/news/release/33725.html

Report Spam   Logged

If you aren't living life on the edge, you're taking up too much space! 

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Newtown-Fella
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2012, 12:05:25 pm »

i have no sympathy with anyone who ....

drinks and drives
gets stoned or drugged up on " p " etc and drives
speeds
uses a cellphone to txt

and then gets caught and gets a Ticket ...

now what the Police should do is double or even treble the normal Ticket Fines ....

now that might put a cat amongst a few pigeons ....

not that a higher than normal fine is going to stop the idiots ....
Report Spam   Logged
Crusader
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2012, 12:38:26 pm »

I just wish the police would put as much time and effort into real crimes like murder and rape as they do with ticketing someone that does five km above the speed limit.
Report Spam   Logged
Newtown-Fella
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2012, 12:48:54 pm »

I just wish the police would put as much time and effort into real crimes like murder and rape as they do with ticketing someone that does five km above the speed limit.

would that be the extra 5 kph that could wipe out some innocent person/s

how would you feel if it was your family that were hit by a drunk/drugged/texting driver driving at 5kph over the speed limit .....?
Report Spam   Logged
Crusader
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2012, 08:48:37 pm »

how would you feel if it was your family that were hit by a drunk/drugged/texting driver driving at 5kph over the speed limit .....?

Sure I'd feel bad but the point is our police resources could be better served going after real criminals, not people that don't constantly watch their speedo. We don't have enough police resources to do both.
Report Spam   Logged
Kiwithrottlejockey
Admin Staff
XNC2 GOD

Having fun in the hills!

« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2013, 09:50:57 pm »

Report Spam   Logged

If you aren't living life on the edge, you're taking up too much space! 
sickofpollies
Shit-Hot Member

« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2013, 11:16:51 am »

I had a family member wiped out...both vehicles within the speed limit. I guess it was all right, since it wasn't 5kmph over the speed limit.

The speed limits have nothing to do with safety. 100 kmph is a lethal speed. 80 kmph is a lethal speed. 70 kmph is a lethal speed. 50 kmph is a lethal speed.

If speed limits were about safety, they'd probably have to reduce the speed limit to about 10 kmph.

Report Spam   Logged

Falsus in uno, falsus in omnibus
Caprox

« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2013, 12:07:20 am »

I see that there is a brand new revenue gathering camera installed in the Ngauranga Gorge. The latest in speed camera technology. It has a laser operated speed detection, so it is not reliant on fixed sensors under the road surface (So a greater range to get tickets). It has the ability to cover all lanes and turn to target an individual speeding car in a line of traffic, and it also uses a infra-red flahs (So other drivers dont get a visual warning in the distance, no doubt!)

That my friends, is clear evidence that speed cameras are there to make money.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: