Xtra News Community 2
April 20, 2024, 12:30:02 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to Xtra News Community 2 — please also join our XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP.

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links BITEBACK! XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP Staff List Login Register  

'Killer' cocaine stolen from Palmerston hospital

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 'Killer' cocaine stolen from Palmerston hospital  (Read 728 times)
HisMajesty
Bloody-Good Member

« Reply #25 on: March 19, 2009, 06:46:04 pm »

Yes lovelee, I saw that.  I still don't see how a upper(?) would be beneficial to surgery.   Killing off druggies yeah, but not otherwise.

There are a few 'uppers' that are used medicinally including caffeine, antidepressants, and Ritalin-like meds. Amphetamines are very effective decongestants and can also be used as morphine antidotes.
Report Spam   Logged
dragontamer
« Reply #26 on: March 19, 2009, 06:52:00 pm »

It's a very effective anaesthetic. It's a stimulant hence it's addictive properties. Depending on how much you apply, the area (apart from intact skin) goes numb for hours…kinda like Sexy’s brain…but in his case it’s sorta permanent.

Thanks for that HM.   I never knew it made things go numb.  I thought it just affected the brain.

Report Spam   Logged
HisMajesty
Bloody-Good Member

« Reply #27 on: March 19, 2009, 07:03:41 pm »

Ok this is your useless fact for the day. Cocaine numbs an area mainly because it narrow the blood vessels. After a while, the nasal septum of cocaine snorters is eaten away (check out Amy Winehouse, plus others). It gets worse, and more graphic, but I will leave it at that!
Report Spam   Logged
Lovelee
XNC2 GOD

« Reply #28 on: March 19, 2009, 07:30:41 pm »

One way to spot a coke addict .. coke isnt the only thing thats snorted .. is they continually wipe their nose with the back of their hand and they sniff - little short frequent sniffs.
Report Spam   Logged

Laughter is the best medicine, unless you've got a really nasty case of syphilis, in which case penicillin is your best bet.
dragontamer
« Reply #29 on: March 19, 2009, 07:37:22 pm »

Other than what the movies show, I'm completely green when it comes to most drugs.   I'd assume a sniffer was suffering from hayfever. :as

I did meet a woman once at the primary school who was the splitting image of a heroin addict.  Scared the bejeebers out of me.  Then someone introduced me to a real addict and he just looked like a jockey (I'm assuming it stunts your growth).

I can be dumb enough without adding shit to my body to make me dumber.  So I'll stay green - but I guess I should pay more attention to the signs - God forbid my kids meet up with junkies. 

Mum just rang.  Dad is in hospital after a minor surgery on his hand went belly up.  He's on oxygen and his blood pressure is sky high.  And he's complaining long and loud about the pain.  I don't suppose it's good form to ring the hospital and tell them to rub coke on it?
Report Spam   Logged
HisMajesty
Bloody-Good Member

« Reply #30 on: March 19, 2009, 07:38:37 pm »

Cocaine traces 'on Spanish euros'

Traces of cocaine can be found on 94% of euro banknotes circulating in Spain, a study has suggested.

Analysis of notes from a selection of Spain's major cities showed that each one carried an average of 25.18 micrograms of cocaine.

Spain has one of the highest rates of cocaine use in the world, with about 475,000 regular users, El Mundo newspaper reports.

Euro banknotes have only been in circulation since January 2002.

Scientists could not carry out tests on old peseta banknotes before 2002 for fear that they would not withstand the chemicals used in the analysis.

Now, though, armed with resilient modern euro notes, experts collected 20 notes for analysis from each of five cities - Barcelona, Bilbao, Madrid, Valencia and Seville.

From each city they gathered five 10 euro notes, 10 of 20 euros and five of 50 euros.

Only three of the notes gathered from each of Madrid and Barcelona were found to carry no trace of cocaine.

Wider issue

Users of the drug usually snort it by rolling up a banknote into the shape of a tube.

But experts said it was difficult to tell which notes had been used for snorting cocaine and which had become contaminated with the drug in other ways, such as in counting machines.

According to El Mundo Spain has just over one billion banknotes in circulation, with estimates suggesting that 142 million have been used directly to snort the drug.

Other countries have been found to have drug problems in the past: a BBC survey in 1999 found that 99% of Ł5 notes tested in London contained traces of cocaine.

Euro banknotes in Germany appear especially vulnerable: a 2003 survey gave similar results to the Spanish analysis about cocaine traces.

And this month officials in Germany suggested that methamphetamine, or crystal meth, could be causing euros to "corrode" when users snort it through a rolled-up note.

Story from BBC NEWS:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/pr/fr/-/2/hi/europe/6208877.stm
Report Spam   Logged
Lovelee
XNC2 GOD

« Reply #31 on: March 19, 2009, 07:42:18 pm »

I remember reading that HM.

DT - another sign of drug use is teeth that are yellowing rapidly.  P does this very quickly.  Its a damaging drug.
Report Spam   Logged

Laughter is the best medicine, unless you've got a really nasty case of syphilis, in which case penicillin is your best bet.
HisMajesty
Bloody-Good Member

« Reply #32 on: March 19, 2009, 07:42:56 pm »

Mum just rang.  Dad is in hospital after a minor surgery on his hand went belly up.  He's on oxygen and his blood pressure is sky high.  And he's complaining long and loud about the pain.  I don't suppose it's good form to ring the hospital and tell them to rub coke on it?

Sorry to hear about your dad, but LOL!

Trust in the team looking after him. Some level of pain is desirable to make sure he is not overdosed. Don't like the blood pressure issue, which gets worse with uncontrolled pain, but there are standard procedures for this.
Report Spam   Logged
Brownie55
Global Moderator
Incredibly Shit-Hot Member

OK, so what’s the speed of dark?

« Reply #33 on: March 19, 2009, 07:48:28 pm »

All this talk about pain and dentists serves to remind me of my dentist appointment next week. I am a major sook. 
Report Spam   Logged

I almost had a psychic boyfriend, but he left me before we met.
Im2Sexy4MyPants
Absolutely Fabulously Incredibly Shit-Hot Member

« Reply #34 on: March 20, 2009, 10:48:35 am »

On monday i need to go to the dentist 2 have a filling,and i am not looking forward to it,first he will stick a big needle into my gum hell maybe even 2,this could hurt a bit,
then bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzbzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

i wonder if dentists are all saddists
Report Spam   Logged

Are you sick of the bullshit from the sewer stream media spewed out from the usual Ken and Barby dickless talking point look a likes.

If you want to know what's going on in the real world...
And the many things that will personally effect you.
Go to
http://www.infowars.com/

AND WAKE THE F_ _K UP

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: