Xtra News Community 2
March 29, 2024, 06:44:41 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to Xtra News Community 2 — please also join our XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP.

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links BITEBACK! XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP Staff List Login Register  

St. Patrick's Day 2009

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: St. Patrick's Day 2009  (Read 1018 times)
donquixotenz
Senator
Shit-Hot Member

STILL TILTING

« on: March 18, 2009, 02:28:22 pm »

Report Spam   Logged

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body.

But rather, to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming...

WOW, What a Ride!"

Please note: IMHO and e&oe apply to all my posts.

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

bump head benny
Shit-Hot Member

« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2009, 11:46:54 am »

Vulcan lane Orx?

Report Spam   Logged

Lets kill all the warmongers.
donquixotenz
Senator
Shit-Hot Member

STILL TILTING

« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2009, 03:35:45 pm »

second two are, the first is on the viaduct basin, and the other mid city up from queen st
Report Spam   Logged

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body.

But rather, to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming...

WOW, What a Ride!"

Magoo
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2009, 05:55:41 pm »

Good pix Don.  Very clear.  What sort of camera are you using.
Report Spam   Logged
donquixotenz
Senator
Shit-Hot Member

STILL TILTING

« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2009, 06:00:06 pm »

canon mvx4i digital camcorder
Report Spam   Logged

WOW, What a Ride!"

Magoo
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2009, 06:34:00 pm »

Does a nice job.   I had a Praktika SLR but have got lazy now and use a Sony Cybershot and a  Sony Handycam DCR-SR45
Report Spam   Logged
donquixotenz
Senator
Shit-Hot Member

STILL TILTING

« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2009, 11:15:58 pm »

I think film has seen its day and digital is the future so easy snop download and print I save all =my snaps a in raw at 2304x 1736 most files are about 2.5 mb so very high definition about 10 optical zoom before pixilations can cope with up to 200 digizoom on dvd bur needs remote and tripod or will be fuzzy the 10 optical needs same if shooting a zoomed shot so I generally use no zoom and then enlarge on editor much clearer shots without tripod for the fireworks and night shots a tripod and remote is essential.
I also often half focus on a lighter source to get shots in shade and vicci verca but that is a whole new ball game that saves having to use manual settings..great foe sillouette's

If you are trying to create the effect with a point-and-shoot camera make sure you compose the photo with the background light by pointing the camera at the background. If you compose the image by pointing the camera at your dark subject, then the background will be over-exposed and you will not end up with a silhouette.
Report Spam   Logged

WOW, What a Ride!"

Magoo
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2009, 05:27:49 am »

Good tip and I shall remember that one.    I particularly like the way you have the images through the glass door in the top photo.    Great detail in that one.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: