Xtra News Community 2
April 19, 2024, 09:29:01 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to Xtra News Community 2 — please also join our XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP.

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links BITEBACK! XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP Staff List Login Register  

Good bye Mini Minstral

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Good bye Mini Minstral  (Read 416 times)
ssweetpea
Absolutely Fabulously Incredibly Shit-Hot Member

« on: March 03, 2009, 04:05:25 pm »

We have been expecting to fairwell one of our 3 cats for a while now. Years in fact. But not Minnie.

We got her as a 5 week old kitten on the 30 December 1993 from memory. She wasn't your normal moggy. Her mother was an Australian Spotted Mist, her father was something that got in over the back fence that may have been the off spring of the tom that should have been Minnie's father. Minnie's fur was thicker than it should have been and she had a couple of stripes where there should have been spots.

She was a very loyal cat, dog like in her devosion. I had leash trained her and she responded to several commands. Not just here kitty kitty.

Her hunting skills were very good we will miss her mousing and her near constant presence everytime we were on the computer. Some of my typos were due to Minnie on my lap as I was writing.

We thought she was just asleep on the end of the table in the sun - a faverite spot. It was sp3 who realised that she wouldn't wake up ever again. It looks like she may have choked on a fur ball.

RIP Minnie Min
« Last Edit: March 04, 2009, 06:38:36 am by ssweetpea » Report Spam   Logged

The way politicians run this country a small white cat should have no problem http://sally4mp.blogspot.com/

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

dragontamer
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2009, 04:29:35 pm »

I'm so sorry sweetpea.
Report Spam   Logged
Alicat
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2009, 06:53:48 pm »

So sad to see Minnie's gone. My thoughts are with you and your family
Report Spam   Logged
Nitpicker1
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2009, 07:46:19 pm »

aawww

Report Spam   Logged
Shef
Senator
Shit-Hot Member

« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2009, 08:52:32 pm »

Report Spam   Logged

Success is getting what you want. Happiness is wanting what you get.
ssweetpea
Absolutely Fabulously Incredibly Shit-Hot Member

« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2009, 06:52:29 am »

I may not be online for long periods the next few days. Being at the computer without Minnie hanging around looking for scratches is very odd.

Minnie was my favourite cat, Sally is just the extrovert attention seeker. Minnie was the only persistant lap cat out of the 3 of them and although she was 15 she showed very little sign of age. Not like Smudge at the same age. Min was also the cat who knew to hang around when I was upset. Many a time I have cried into her fur. Smudge and Sally wouldn't stand for that.

Smudge goes to the vet again today. It will be another steriod injection and more fuxicore (sp?) tables at the very least. She has lost weight again in the last fortnight and is not grooming again. I will be very surprised if she gets to her 20th birthday in October. She could be gone in a matter of weeks, something we have been expecting for well over a year now.

We had already decided that when Smudge died we were not going to get another cat for a while. Now we are facing the posiblity that we many be down to one cat shortly for the first time in our married life... and the first time since I was 8.
Report Spam   Logged

The way politicians run this country a small white cat should have no problem http://sally4mp.blogspot.com/
Lovelee
XNC2 GOD

« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2009, 10:10:35 am »

Aww SP - Im sorry to read that.  Its always yuk when you loose a pet. Crying 5
Report Spam   Logged

Laughter is the best medicine, unless you've got a really nasty case of syphilis, in which case penicillin is your best bet.
Ferney
Incredibly Shit-Hot Member

« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2009, 05:56:28 pm »

Aaw, sorry about Minnie Sweetpea.     Pets are such a part of the family.   
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: