Xtra News Community 2
March 29, 2024, 11:47:25 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to Xtra News Community 2 — please also join our XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP.

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links BITEBACK! XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP Staff List Login Register  

Poor Yogi

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Poor Yogi  (Read 3745 times)
ssweetpea
Absolutely Fabulously Incredibly Shit-Hot Member

« Reply #50 on: August 01, 2013, 09:25:26 am »

That is excellent news.

Maybe I should see if Yogi can share his secret and talk Sally into lowering her own thyroid levels.
Report Spam   Logged

The way politicians run this country a small white cat should have no problem http://sally4mp.blogspot.com/
Alicat
« Reply #51 on: August 01, 2013, 09:42:04 am »

That is excellent news.

Maybe I should see if Yogi can share his secret and talk Sally into lowering her own thyroid levels.

You seriously trust Yogi? 
Report Spam   Logged
Alicat
« Reply #52 on: December 11, 2013, 03:39:10 pm »

Poor Yogi is very unwell.

He was fine yesterday but when I got up this morning (4.20am) for early shift, he was sitting in the sink in my en suite. Rather odd I thought but went and had a shower anyway. He was still there when I went back into the en suite. He kept going into the laundry and climbing the litter tray - nothing happened. Poor Yogi had urinary retention. I was meant to leave for work by 5.20am but I was really worried so rang the boss and said I would be late. The Vet Nurse doesn't arrive at my Clinic until 7.00am so I was there parked up by 6.30am waiting for any sign of anyone arriving.

I left Yogi there with a lovely Nurse and received a phone call just over an hour later from Eve (Yogi's very favourite Vet) who just happened to be working today. Yogi has had a barrage of tests and is on antibiotics and pain relief (he was stoned on Temgesic when Eve rang me this afternoon) and they are waiting for the urinalysis results to come back. The bloods are fine and the initial urinalysis show crystals and blood in the urine. Finally, this afternoon after the antibiotics and pain relief, Yogi had a decent size pee. He has FLUTDS (feline lower urinary tract disease - potentially fatal) and goodness knows what else.

Yogi is spending a few nights with his Vet friends. I will find out more tomorrow.
Report Spam   Logged
ssweetpea

« Reply #53 on: December 12, 2013, 07:17:40 am »

Bobby has had that and is on a special diet permanently as a result. It took weeks of tests to make sure he was clear of crystals and infection. Fortunately for my wallet Bobby is very good at producing samples and was able to come home every night, one morning he was only there for 30 mins before producing the required pee.

Good on you for recognising it was very serious and getting him to the vet straight away.
Report Spam   Logged

The way politicians run this country a small white cat should have no problem http://sally4mp.blogspot.com/
nitpicker1
XNC2 GOD

Nothing sexceeds like sexcess

« Reply #54 on: December 13, 2013, 06:08:31 am »

Poor Yogi!
how is he doing now?

Report Spam   Logged

"Life might not be the party you were expecting, but you're here now, so you may as well get up and dance"
Alicat
« Reply #55 on: December 13, 2013, 07:03:09 am »

Yogi update ...

Yogi is peeing by himself (without assistance). He is eating and drinking and back to normal (I hesitate to use the word 'normal' and 'Yogi' in the same sentence).

The crystals in his urine are no longer there, the bloods came back clear with both the red and white blood cells showing nothing amiss - no infection. They are waiting for more results from the urine cultures (that takes a few days). He will be coming home tomorrow morning (Saturday).

At this stage FLUTDS has now been ruled out. Yogi is a bit of a mystery as he was so poorly on Wednesday morning. It could be idiopathic cystitis. There is no treatment/cure for it and it can come and go. They don't really know what causes it although it can be stress.

Stress ... Yogi ... nah! He is so chilled out especially since we moved to Upper Hutt. He's even friends with Mitzi!

If the same thing happens again, they will look at doing an ultrasound just in case there is something more sinister lurking, but for now it is business as usual.

Yogi has been told by the lovely Vets looking after him that his Mum has spent mega bucks on him and he is to refrain from biting his Mum!!!!!
Report Spam   Logged
Alicat
« Reply #56 on: December 14, 2013, 09:42:42 am »

Yogi is home. I collected him this morning. It was a very vocal trip from Wellington to Upper Hutt. Apparently I abandoned him and he was subjected to quite a few indiscretions at the hands of the Vet Clinic staff. Yogi failed to mention in his rantings that he has been cuddled majorly from the moment he arrived there on Tuesday morning by the Vets and Nurses who absolutely adore him.

All of his tests have now come back - within normal range. That is excellent news but a mystery as to how and why he had urinary retention in the first place.

Yogi is currently wandering around the house (and the section) loudly telling anyone who is the slightest bit interested what I have put him through.

I'm off to bed in another hour - night shift tonight and tomorrow night. He will LOVE having me to himself in bed. The girls are out enjoying the beautiful sunshine.
Report Spam   Logged
Alicat
« Reply #57 on: December 17, 2013, 12:49:56 pm »

I received a telephone call from Eve last night. She had sent some urine off for cultures and although everything else had come back fine, the last of the cultures grew a bug. Yogi has E Coli so went back in this morning for the lovely long-acting antibiotic injection - meaning I don't have to pill Yogi

It's actually good news that he has grown that bug as we now have a cause - urinary tract infection - for what happened.
Report Spam   Logged
ssweetpea

« Reply #58 on: December 17, 2013, 01:20:58 pm »

Yay for long acting antibiotic injections.

Report Spam   Logged

Alicat
« Reply #59 on: December 18, 2013, 06:54:37 am »

Yay for long acting antibiotic injections.

Oh yes! Yogi is not that bad to pill, but why would anyone pill a cat for 10 days when one injection of the same drug will do?

Yogi is doing fine - he spent a few hours at the Clinic yesterday (I had already made plans to go into the City so left him there). The girls said he was a very good boy and gave them loads of cuddles. His favourite Vet (who was on a day off) popped in so she could get a cuddle from him and introduce him to her wee sons.
Report Spam   Logged
dragontamer
« Reply #60 on: December 19, 2013, 05:06:07 pm »

Glad to hear our boy is on the mend.  Poor Yogi - so stoic when he's sick.
Report Spam   Logged
Alicat
« Reply #61 on: December 23, 2013, 06:38:02 am »

Glad to hear our boy is on the mend.  Poor Yogi - so stoic when he's sick.

He's doing fine now. One more trip back to see Eve in January for another test just to make sure the bug is gone.

His Aunty Grace arrives tomorrow for Christmas. That means another knee, another person for cuddles .. another bed etc etc. Mitzi is going to be delighted. Grace was Mum and Dad's neighbour for about 50 years. She knew Mitzi very well and Mitzi adores her Aunty Grace.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: