Xtra News Community 2
April 20, 2024, 05:48:38 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to Xtra News Community 2 — please also join our XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP.

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links BITEBACK! XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP Staff List Login Register  

Poor Yogi

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Poor Yogi  (Read 3861 times)
Alicat
« Reply #50 on: December 11, 2013, 03:39:10 pm »

Poor Yogi is very unwell.

He was fine yesterday but when I got up this morning (4.20am) for early shift, he was sitting in the sink in my en suite. Rather odd I thought but went and had a shower anyway. He was still there when I went back into the en suite. He kept going into the laundry and climbing the litter tray - nothing happened. Poor Yogi had urinary retention. I was meant to leave for work by 5.20am but I was really worried so rang the boss and said I would be late. The Vet Nurse doesn't arrive at my Clinic until 7.00am so I was there parked up by 6.30am waiting for any sign of anyone arriving.

I left Yogi there with a lovely Nurse and received a phone call just over an hour later from Eve (Yogi's very favourite Vet) who just happened to be working today. Yogi has had a barrage of tests and is on antibiotics and pain relief (he was stoned on Temgesic when Eve rang me this afternoon) and they are waiting for the urinalysis results to come back. The bloods are fine and the initial urinalysis show crystals and blood in the urine. Finally, this afternoon after the antibiotics and pain relief, Yogi had a decent size pee. He has FLUTDS (feline lower urinary tract disease - potentially fatal) and goodness knows what else.

Yogi is spending a few nights with his Vet friends. I will find out more tomorrow.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: