Xtra News Community 2
March 29, 2024, 10:53:12 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to Xtra News Community 2 — please also join our XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP.

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links BITEBACK! XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP Staff List Login Register  

Poor Yogi

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Poor Yogi  (Read 3760 times)
Alicat
« Reply #25 on: October 30, 2012, 04:17:16 pm »

Some good news ...

Yogi spent yesterday (and overnight) at the Vet again. It is 2 weeks since he started the Insulin and the results are amazing already. Yogi's Glucose was 24.7 before he started the Insulin, and yesterday they did regular blood sugars throughout the day. He started the day yesterday with 9.3 at 8.00am followed by 5.5 at midday then 6.9 at 4.00pm.

Considering they were striving to get his Glucose to be consistently under 12 on Insulin, the results are dramatic.

His Insulin dose has been decreased and Eve is so excited about the results, she has asked to have him back next Monday (after only one week) for another day of Glucose Curve. Usually, they wait another 3-4 weeks. He is still on Insulin injections twice a day, but I can see the dose being possibly cut down even lower. He will be on a special diet for the rest of his life and never allowed dry food again (Yogi's not happy about that!) but the prognosis is much better than it could be.

Eve told me yesterday repeatedly that the excellent results we are seeing are because of me picking up the diagnosis and getting him to them so soon.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: