Xtra News Community 2
March 30, 2024, 03:54:57 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to Xtra News Community 2 — please also join our XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP.

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links BITEBACK! XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP Staff List Login Register  

KITCHEN TIPS

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: KITCHEN TIPS  (Read 1279 times)
Newtown-Fella
« on: March 16, 2009, 01:17:29 pm »

:'ch
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Magoo
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2009, 10:57:37 am »

Jam making.

Make your jam as per your usual recipe and instead of putting into jars, put the jam into ice cream containers and store in the freezer.   The jam will not set hard and it can be spooned out into a serving dish or container for the table as required.   Doesn't go hard, mouldy or stale.
Report Spam   Logged
dragontamer
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2009, 06:54:51 pm »

If you have white tiles around your stove, work bench area then clean them with a soft cloth and white vinegar.  They come up streak free and glossy with half the effort.
Report Spam   Logged
HisMajesty
Bloody-Good Member

« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2009, 05:24:34 pm »

Can you use white vinegar on car windows? Mine go all streaky if I don't clean them regularly and I use those Car Sheild cleaning spray bottles thingies...
Report Spam   Logged
Magoo
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2009, 05:44:54 pm »

Don't see why you couldn't HM.  Also meths diluted 1 to 10 with water is very good too.  Squirt it on and wipe it over with a soft clean dry cloth.
Report Spam   Logged
HisMajesty
Bloody-Good Member

« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2009, 05:54:13 pm »

Don't see why you couldn't HM.  Also meths diluted 1 to 10 with water is very good too.  Squirt it on and wipe it over with a soft clean dry cloth.

Hmmm...oh yeah, meths should do the trick. I use it mainly on my computer screen. Thanks for the tip.

Tempted to make up a concoction of whtie vinegar, meths, and commercial cleaning liquid!
Report Spam   Logged
Lovelee
XNC2 GOD

« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2009, 06:13:11 pm »

Can you use white vinegar on car windows? Mine go all streaky if I don't clean them regularly and I use those Car Sheild cleaning spray bottles thingies...

Absolutely I use white vinegar for any glass including Celi the Celica  - though better is meths on a cloth or a potato cut in half  Grin

Actually - if you are out driving with a dirty windscreen, stop and grab some wet grass and wipe it with that - the potato is something my Dad always insisted on  Huh
Report Spam   Logged

Laughter is the best medicine, unless you've got a really nasty case of syphilis, in which case penicillin is your best bet.
Lovelee
XNC2 GOD

« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2009, 06:14:41 pm »

I use spray & wipe on the lappy - screen and keyboard  Roll Eyes  not a great heap - just a lil spray
Report Spam   Logged

Laughter is the best medicine, unless you've got a really nasty case of syphilis, in which case penicillin is your best bet.
Magoo
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2009, 07:06:36 pm »

Don't you rub cut potato on the bathroom mirror to stop it fogging up with the steam?   
Report Spam   Logged
Lovelee
XNC2 GOD

« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2009, 07:16:14 pm »

dunno - might help - out bathroom here at the beach is not big enough to dry yourself - and HE refuses to fill the spa till my legs fixed  Undecided
Report Spam   Logged

Magoo
« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2009, 07:51:35 pm »

herumph  Roll Eyes How inconsiderate.   Tell him could sling your leg over the side.    Grin
Report Spam   Logged
Lovelee
XNC2 GOD

« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2009, 09:46:54 pm »

I did - but the District Nurse and him colluded and agreed I had to wait  Cry
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: