Xtra News Community 2
March 28, 2024, 08:29:11 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to Xtra News Community 2 — please also join our XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP.

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links BITEBACK! XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP Staff List Login Register  

Soap Powder Scoops

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Soap Powder Scoops  (Read 1197 times)
Newtown-Fella
« on: March 15, 2009, 06:12:40 pm »

obviously wash well ......  Grin

fill with water and freeze as giant ice blocks ideal for Punches or wrapped in a plastic bag and place in chilly bin for BBQ's

chop Parsley fill scoop top up with water freeze ... add straight to casseroles , soups

too many Lemons ... squeeze and pour juice into scoops and freeze
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Orchidoofus
Getting The Hang Of It

« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2009, 07:09:37 pm »

Great big molds for great big chocolates?
Report Spam   Logged
Ferney
Incredibly Shit-Hot Member

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2009, 08:23:19 pm »

I'd rethink using the soap powder scoops for food NT.  Especially for liquids.
Its wasn't made to be against food and chemicals may leach particually the more you use it.   
Just a tip from Mr F the food packaging man.   
Report Spam   Logged
Lovelee
XNC2 GOD

« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2009, 10:21:20 pm »

Not something I would consider for food.  They smell quite strongly for some time of the laundry goodies  Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

Laughter is the best medicine, unless you've got a really nasty case of syphilis, in which case penicillin is your best bet.
Newtown-Fella
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2009, 11:16:26 pm »

ive been using them all over Summer and not had any problem with residual taste of Soap...

the problem now is that Soap Powder Scoops are smaller due to the fact that the new range of concentrated soap powder has hit the shelves

ive just made some Basil Pesto from frozen blocks of Basil [ had a glut of it over Summer ] and there certainly isnt any taste of soap

in fact washing them before use was a breeze just threw them in the sink with a little dish wash liquid then in a sink of plain water then drained till dry ....some i havent used dont even smell of soap perfume
Report Spam   Logged
Ferney
Incredibly Shit-Hot Member

« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2009, 06:01:55 pm »

I was thinking more the chemicals in the plastic NT. 
Report Spam   Logged
Newtown-Fella
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2009, 02:36:14 am »

I was thinking more the chemicals in the plastic NT. 

i wouldnt think there would be any more chemicals in the plastic than there would be in a plastic bottle made for water/fizzy drinks/fruit juices/milk or containers made for storing food ...

but im no expert on such matters of plastic manufacture
Report Spam   Logged
Lovelee
XNC2 GOD

« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2009, 08:56:01 am »

Precisely the reason for not using these plastic bottles and containers for food.

Some years ago I looked into this.  The experts had placed 3 male salmon in a cage near a sewerage outlet on the Thames.  In 3 days the salmon had changed sex!!!

There is so much hoolaaa about plastic bags and the public just hop on board and follow like sheep - they dont look at the hundreds of items they take home each day that are contained in plastic of some kind.

Id be more happy to see drinks taken from plastic conatiners than see plastic bags removed from sale.

There was some talk about the numbers of homosexuals having risen and discussion around the possibility of this being from chemical in plastic - I suppose its feasible.
Report Spam   Logged

Laughter is the best medicine, unless you've got a really nasty case of syphilis, in which case penicillin is your best bet.
Shef
Shit-Hot Member

« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2009, 04:13:01 pm »

The experts had placed 3 male salmon in a cage near a sewerage outlet on the Thames.  In 3 days the salmon had changed sex!!!

I thought that was more to do with the amount of oestrogen that is contained in the urine passed by women on the contraceptive pill? There was a huge doco on this some years ago on NatGeo.
Report Spam   Logged

Success is getting what you want. Happiness is wanting what you get.
Lovelee
XNC2 GOD

« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2009, 04:37:30 pm »

Its actually a chemical (BPA) that mimics the role of the natural hormones.  Its an environmental estrogen.
Its released something like 50 times faster when the plastic bottle is washed in hot water - as we do with babys bottles for instance.  Shocked  Also used on the inside of food cans, like sketti tins  Grin

I read something a while ago where old bottles, up to 10 years old still produce the same amount of BPA as a new one.  They dont know the affect on humans - well they wont admit to knowing it.

Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: