Xtra News Community 2
March 30, 2024, 03:08:36 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to Xtra News Community 2 — please also join our XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP.

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links BITEBACK! XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP Staff List Login Register  

Help

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Help  (Read 465 times)
Newtown-Fella
« on: January 29, 2009, 11:22:46 am »

tried to post a message with a pict=ure but all i got was .....

An Error Has Occurred!
The upload folder is full. Please try a smaller file and/or contact an administrator.

and i was under the maximum size ...

what did i do wrong ?
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

DazzaMc
Don't give me Karma!
Admin Staff
Absolutely Fabulously Incredibly Shit-Hot Member

« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2009, 11:37:42 am »

I haven't looked into File Uploading as yet...  but I do beleive that TJ did...  he could probably answer better.

Lovely has been playing around with that also - perhaps she could cough-up some wisdom?

sorry  for not getting back to you NF... things have gone a bit nuts up here at the mo...

Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one.
Lovelee
XNC2 GOD

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2009, 12:43:41 pm »

Ya gotta be more explicit - exactly what are u uploading?

Some upload their pics to photobucket and then use the link to set it into here.
What i do is search for a relevant pic in google - click on the link to see pic in original size (or something like that) then copy the link in the address bar (thats the URL) come back to your reply window - click the button that says insert image ...............

Your cursor is flashing inbetween the square brackets - paste the url of your pic where the cursor is flashing.

Now click PREVIEW - to make sure you have it right ..

It might take a couple of goes - I stuff it up every now and then.

Videos are different again - do u wanna know bout them?

I cant find a way of uploading to here DOCUMENT FILES - might not be a way to do that.

Report Spam   Logged

Laughter is the best medicine, unless you've got a really nasty case of syphilis, in which case penicillin is your best bet.
DazzaMc
Don't give me Karma!
Admin Staff

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2009, 12:51:39 pm »

I cant find a way of uploading to here DOCUMENT FILES - might not be a way to do that.

Or perhaps we just haven't turned that on yet. I'll have a chat with TJ tonight - see what we can cook up for ya's.
 Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

Newtown-Fella
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2009, 01:04:30 pm »

ok what i tried was .... hitting the Icon second in above the Smiley Faces and i got with a Flashing line between the brackets

i then went down the page to Additional Options ...

Attach:          (more attachments)
Allowed file types: doc, gif, jpg, mpg, pdf, png, txt, zip
Maximum attachment size allowed: 128 KB, per post: 4

browsed for a 24kb gif attached it in teh box and hit Post

thats when i got the Error Message ....

is my logic not working today ?

i checked out the Help Section and found thsi ....

Attachments

If enabled, this feature allows you to attach files to your posts in much the same way as most email clients, so you simply have to browse to the relevant file(s) on your computer before clicking Post. You can delete your attachment(s) or add more by modifying your post, but please note that:

* The permitted file types and sizes are set by the forum administrator(s).
    * Although most forums are likely be configured to display attached images as part of the post, it's not possible to preview attachments so you should always browse to and attach your files just before you finally post your message.

do i have to enable the Attachments Feature somewhere ?
Report Spam   Logged
Lovelee
XNC2 GOD

« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2009, 01:13:34 pm »

noooo .. just put the url u have copied in between the two img words

and u get the above ..

if you use the attach feature .. the pic is below the main message ..
Report Spam   Logged

Laughter is the best medicine, unless you've got a really nasty case of syphilis, in which case penicillin is your best bet.
Kiwithrottlejockey
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2009, 01:34:34 pm »

That attach files feature does have a maximum number of allowable files value of 4 and a maximum aggregate files size limit (off the top of my head I'm not sure of the exact value, but the 128KB maximum per post could be right), but those are default settings that came with the group and they can be changed. I've been right through the entire group settings taking a cursory look and altering a few values, but the possibilities are so huge that the intention is to gradually work through everything as time permits over the next few weeks, tweaking everything. It may also require a bit of experimentation with some things, so I'm actually considering creating another experimental group to play with some of those settings and see what happens before touching them on this group with is now full of a shitload of activity from a large number of members.

I can't do much about it at the moment as I'm at work (between trains) and only have a limited amount of time online during a meal-break. However, I'll log-in with an administrator username later this evening after I get home from work and take a look at those attachment settings.

I've been using PhotoBucket to upload my photographs and image files (including animated gifs) to, then inserting the images into messages at this group from here. I actually switched to using PhotoBucket for photographs back in mid-December and all photos I posted in MSN groups since then have been downloading from PhotoBucket. You can post some huge photographs from there if you wish!
Report Spam   Logged
DazzaMc
Don't give me Karma!
Admin Staff

« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2009, 01:37:37 pm »

I'm sick of the doom and gloom for the day....

I'll duck in and take a look now.

Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

donquixotenz
Senator
Shit-Hot Member

STILL TILTING

« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2009, 03:33:43 pm »

am having same problem as ntf same message.....wonder if it is a limit in total that a member can post..... is frustrating as still refusing to upload 30 and 40 kb gifs from comp other than ones already posted.......
Also get time outs on posting if take more than 30 sec or so to make the post?HuhHuh?
Report Spam   Logged

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body.

But rather, to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming...

WOW, What a Ride!"

Please note: IMHO and e&oe apply to all my posts.
DazzaMc
Don't give me Karma!
Admin Staff

« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2009, 03:36:56 pm »

TJ - can we go ahead with that other board you meantioned?

There's a few things I'd like to play with as well but I'm worried about playing around in here to much with so much activity...

Report Spam   Logged

Lovelee
XNC2 GOD

« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2009, 03:37:34 pm »

Ive posted more than most and Im having no trouble ..

Report Spam   Logged

DazzaMc
Don't give me Karma!
Admin Staff

« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2009, 03:38:08 pm »

We will get on top of the problem NF/Don/everyone else - just give us a bit of time...

Will let's ye's know once we nut it all out.
Report Spam   Logged

ssweetpea

« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2009, 05:15:54 pm »

I'll try it, when I remember my photobucket login details Huh
Report Spam   Logged

The way politicians run this country a small white cat should have no problem http://sally4mp.blogspot.com/
Kiwithrottlejockey
« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2009, 10:52:26 pm »

I've changed a couple of settings, although I wasn't entirely sure of what I was doing. It may have improved the situation, but it may not have. I'll be away all day Friday, but I'll get stuck in on Saturday (perhaps create an experimental group that DazzaMc and I can play with and experiment with settings, then see what the results/consequences are before trying it out at this one).

One thing I have done though is to increase the allowable size of avatars. The maximum size allowance is now 120-pixels height and 120-pixels width. So if you wish to reload your avatars, they should now display at a larger size (if the original you are uploading is a big-un).
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: