Xtra News Community 2
April 19, 2024, 12:16:43 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to Xtra News Community 2 — please also join our XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP.

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links BITEBACK! XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP Staff List Login Register  

Fed up with bad behaviour

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Fed up with bad behaviour  (Read 698 times)
Alicat
« Reply #25 on: July 07, 2012, 06:05:14 pm »

http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby/7237509/Referee-calls-on-rugby-union-to-stop-abuse

I'm finding it a little hard to take their call seriously when they are part of the problem.  Nobody (adult) wants to take responsibility.  In England they are working on Football Hooligans but denying them entry into games.... that is, entire games are being played with NO spectators. 

I wonder whether or not you should suggest to the powers that be that due to them dragging their heels in taking the matter seriously, that you are considering reporting the blatant racism to Police. They might even like to know that you are considering writing a Letter to the Editor of all of the national newspapers. That may just 'encourage' them to take the matter seriously and deal with it appropriately.
Report Spam   Logged
dragontamer
« Reply #26 on: July 07, 2012, 08:39:36 pm »

I'm considering it.  Don't like the media, but they seem to need a rocket of some sort.
Report Spam   Logged
Alicat
« Reply #27 on: July 07, 2012, 10:09:23 pm »

I'm considering it.  Don't like the media, but they seem to need a rocket of some sort.

Sometimes, just the indication that it is something you are considering is enough to get them heading in the right direction.
Report Spam   Logged
Calliope
Incredibly Shit-Hot Member

If music be the food of love, play on

« Reply #28 on: July 07, 2012, 10:39:52 pm »

Doesn't the Race Relations people investigate this sort of thing? Perhaps a word in their ear.
Report Spam   Logged

[W]hat the internet and its cult of anonymity do is to provide a blanket sort of immunity for anybody who wants to say anything about anybody else, and it would be difficult in this sense to think of a more morally deformed exploitation of the concept of free speech.
- Richard Bernstein in the New York Times
nitpicker1
XNC2 GOD

Nothing sexceeds like sexcess

« Reply #29 on: July 08, 2012, 10:43:44 am »

Doesn't the Race Relations people investigate this sort of thing? Perhaps a word in their ear.

YEAHBUT
Has DT considered the possible occurrence of ummmm ... collateral damage?

Seems to me the that while the union is delaying/avoiding/deciding it's response,  the team using the offensive term should be targetted now, with her u18 team member's agreement of course.

Report Spam   Logged

"Life might not be the party you were expecting, but you're here now, so you may as well get up and dance"
Magoo
« Reply #30 on: July 08, 2012, 02:15:38 pm »

I am surprised the lads didn't get this sorted out behind the club room.   
Report Spam   Logged
dragontamer
« Reply #31 on: July 09, 2012, 02:56:57 pm »

have received the e-mail below via our club president via Tim Gilkison regarding some Racial abuse.

I have spoken with Paul Baldwin the Under 18 team manager and he , like me was unaware of your complaint.

As Senior club captain for the Rolleston rugby club I will lodge a formal complaint through the appropriate channels.

I have a couple of questions,

I see in your letter you have named the Kaiapoi and Methven teams as the offenders, are these the only teams that you and/or your son are aware of who have been racially abusive to Jordan? Also do you have any more detail i.e. names or jersey number of the offenders.

And any other information you can provide would be useful, please base the information on fact only, not opinion or emotion.

Oooo yes - my previous missives were soooooo emotional and opinionated!  Idiot!  He's crawled up my nose already lol

Report Spam   Logged
Magoo
« Reply #32 on: July 09, 2012, 03:59:50 pm »

Oh dear.   Just look what you are depending on for assistance.     Roll Eyes
Report Spam   Logged
Calliope

« Reply #33 on: July 09, 2012, 11:04:31 pm »

have received the e-mail below via our club president via Tim Gilkison regarding some Racial abuse.

I have spoken with Paul Baldwin the Under 18 team manager and he , like me was unaware of your complaint.

As Senior club captain for the Rolleston rugby club I will lodge a formal complaint through the appropriate channels.

I have a couple of questions,

I see in your letter you have named the Kaiapoi and Methven teams as the offenders, are these the only teams that you and/or your son are aware of who have been racially abusive to Jordan? Also do you have any more detail i.e. names or jersey number of the offenders.

And any other information you can provide would be useful, please base the information on fact only, not opinion or emotion.

Oooo yes - my previous missives were soooooo emotional and opinionated!  Idiot!  He's crawled up my nose already lol

Calliope hands DT a box of tissues saying "Have a good blow"   Grin
Report Spam   Logged

[W]hat the internet and its cult of anonymity do is to provide a blanket sort of immunity for anybody who wants to say anything about anybody else, and it would be difficult in this sense to think of a more morally deformed exploitation of the concept of free speech.
dragontamer
« Reply #34 on: July 09, 2012, 11:43:20 pm »

Ahhh - I couldn't help myself....

FACTS:
The Kaiapoi player was a prop (to be fair his own team dealt to him for it).

The Methven game was a bit more messy.  At half time one of their supporters game onto the pitch and yelled abuse at Jordan while doing the fingers and generally acting like a moron.  After half time the abuse continued by both spectator(s) and team members however, he didn't see who actually was yelling the abuse.

FACTS AND OPINIONS:
I never laid a complaint through the club.  Why would I?  Rolly club weren’t the culprits; my issue is with the other teams and equally the lack of action by the referees who the boys insist heard what was going on.   The referees are basically God out there – why are they not doing something?   

Furthermore I think it is something that goes above club rugby in many ways.  The whole union needs to be led from the top and if NZRFU and then the regional RFU’s do and say nothing, then there is never going to be a change at grass roots level. 

The boys have actually done the (Rolly) club proud and maintained their dignity over this.  However, I don’t believe it is something that they should HAVE to remain dignified about.  Top level national and regional management need to stick their oar in and start setting rules and guidelines that aren’t airy-fairy and have real consequences so that club level are motivated to stop it. 

EMOTION:
Actually that just ticked me off.  None of my emails were emotional – so wonder at your choice of phrase.
Report Spam   Logged
Alicat
« Reply #35 on: July 10, 2012, 07:36:36 am »

Ahhh - I couldn't help myself....

FACTS:
The Kaiapoi player was a prop (to be fair his own team dealt to him for it).

The Methven game was a bit more messy.  At half time one of their supporters game onto the pitch and yelled abuse at Jordan while doing the fingers and generally acting like a moron.  After half time the abuse continued by both spectator(s) and team members however, he didn't see who actually was yelling the abuse.

FACTS AND OPINIONS:
I never laid a complaint through the club.  Why would I?  Rolly club weren’t the culprits; my issue is with the other teams and equally the lack of action by the referees who the boys insist heard what was going on.   The referees are basically God out there – why are they not doing something?   

Furthermore I think it is something that goes above club rugby in many ways.  The whole union needs to be led from the top and if NZRFU and then the regional RFU’s do and say nothing, then there is never going to be a change at grass roots level. 

The boys have actually done the (Rolly) club proud and maintained their dignity over this.  However, I don’t believe it is something that they should HAVE to remain dignified about.  Top level national and regional management need to stick their oar in and start setting rules and guidelines that aren’t airy-fairy and have real consequences so that club level are motivated to stop it. 

EMOTION:
Actually that just ticked me off.  None of my emails were emotional – so wonder at your choice of phrase.

Report Spam   Logged
dragontamer
« Reply #36 on: July 10, 2012, 01:11:31 pm »

So now a reply from the Mid Canterbury Rugby Union (how many rugby unions Canterbury needs is ridiculous!  No wonder there is never any action - too many chiefs.... not enough indians.

Apologies for the delay in responding to your message.

It has gone via NZRU and the CRFU who have passed it on to us. Normally complaints of this type should be lodged directly via the Union or Union’s involved as competition managers. I think the NZRU email you used is just an info line type of address and may not be monitored at all times.

The Methven team is one of our affiliated Clubs playing in the combined competition.

I have conveyed the essence of your complaint to the Club and team management concerned and warned them of the potential consequences of their behaviour. Significant penalties can be applied to players guilty of misconduct.

Racial abuse is totally unacceptable and this message has been formally conveyed to the Club/Team. They have been warned that should players be reported to the Union having been identified as engaging in this behaviour they will be liable to disciplinary action under our judicial procedures.

Thank you for your letter and apologies again for the delay in getting a response to it

Kind Regards

So that deals with the Methven club.  Not the refs though.  One down, onward we go.....
Report Spam   Logged
Alicat
« Reply #37 on: July 10, 2012, 06:03:18 pm »

So now a reply from the Mid Canterbury Rugby Union (how many rugby unions Canterbury needs is ridiculous!  No wonder there is never any action - too many chiefs.... not enough indians.

Apologies for the delay in responding to your message.

It has gone via NZRU and the CRFU who have passed it on to us. Normally complaints of this type should be lodged directly via the Union or Union’s involved as competition managers. I think the NZRU email you used is just an info line type of address and may not be monitored at all times.

The Methven team is one of our affiliated Clubs playing in the combined competition.

I have conveyed the essence of your complaint to the Club and team management concerned and warned them of the potential consequences of their behaviour. Significant penalties can be applied to players guilty of misconduct.

Racial abuse is totally unacceptable and this message has been formally conveyed to the Club/Team. They have been warned that should players be reported to the Union having been identified as engaging in this behaviour they will be liable to disciplinary action under our judicial procedures.

Thank you for your letter and apologies again for the delay in getting a response to it

Kind Regards

So that deals with the Methven club.  Not the refs though.  One down, onward we go.....

Good for you for not giving up!
Report Spam   Logged
Calliope

« Reply #38 on: July 10, 2012, 11:10:30 pm »

I admire your tenacity.
Report Spam   Logged

AnFaolchudubh

Faugh a ballagh!

« Reply #39 on: July 11, 2012, 08:30:56 pm »

I say stick it to em DT and don't let up!
Report Spam   Logged

Stupid people are not an endangered species so why are we protecting them
R. S. OhAllmurain
dragontamer
« Reply #40 on: July 13, 2012, 09:03:46 am »

The (compulsory) club meeting last night dealt with the issue.  Grin

The boys (all grades) have been told if they here racial abuse they are to inform the refs.  If the ref plays on then they are to inform the coach and team manager who will deal with it through the Union and Referees Association.   There are penalties at every level for both racially abusing and ignoring that abuse when in a position of power/ control. 

The U18 boys were praised for their dignity and Jordan was apologized to for not having had club and union backup. 

My son said that the meeting was extremely constructive and empowering and now everybody knows exactly what to do when they hear racial abuse.

I'm rather chuffed. 

Report Spam   Logged
nitpicker1
XNC2 GOD

Nothing sexceeds like sexcess

« Reply #41 on: July 13, 2012, 09:12:52 am »

The boys (all grades) have been told if they here racial abuse they are to inform the refs.  If the ref plays on then they are to inform the coach and team manager who will deal with it through the Union and Referees Association.   There are penalties at every level for both racially abusing and ignoring that abuse when in a position of power/ control. 

The U18 boys were praised for their dignity and Jordan was apologized to for not having had club and union backup. 

My son said that the meeting was extremely constructive and empowering and now everybody knows exactly what to do when they hear racial abuse.

I'm rather chuffed. 

great news,
Report Spam   Logged

"Life might not be the party you were expecting, but you're here now, so you may as well get up and dance"
Calliope

« Reply #42 on: July 13, 2012, 10:46:51 am »

Well Done!!!!
Report Spam   Logged

Alicat
« Reply #43 on: July 13, 2012, 11:42:12 am »

The boys (all grades) have been told if they here racial abuse they are to inform the refs.  If the ref plays on then they are to inform the coach and team manager who will deal with it through the Union and Referees Association.   There are penalties at every level for both racially abusing and ignoring that abuse when in a position of power/ control. 

I'm rather chuffed. 

Well done and you didn't even need to get the jandal out!
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: