Xtra News Community 2
March 28, 2024, 11:17:09 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to Xtra News Community 2 — please also join our XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP.

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links BITEBACK! XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP Staff List Login Register  

Introducing Bentley

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Introducing Bentley  (Read 6375 times)
Alicat
« Reply #125 on: December 12, 2012, 01:00:09 pm »

Miss DT's flat split up, so I have...

Miss DT
Miss Best Friend/Flatmate of Miss DT
Mokokitty
MokoJackRussell

The girls are sharing the sleepout atm.
Mokokitty sleeps in the house.
MokoJackRussell sleeps in the sleepout.

Unless they all don't, in which case anyone of them could be sleeping anywhere(ish).  Undecided

Poor Garfield... Van the Jack Russell is so offensive to him even Mokokitty looks good.

Daisy just belts everyone. 

Hell's Bells!

Full house, huh?
Report Spam   Logged
Alicat
« Reply #126 on: January 03, 2013, 12:05:27 pm »

I bet you got a welcome home from Bentley who would haev delighted to have the Grandies home. Who got the biggest smooches?
Report Spam   Logged
dragontamer
« Reply #127 on: January 03, 2013, 08:33:24 pm »

lol - Bentley was soooo pleased to see us.  His mama was at work when we arrived home and so we got the full Bentley welcome (you know... the I've been alone for Daaaaaaays and Daaaaaaaaays! welcome).

Garfield came a close second because Bentley chased him away twice before he managed to get close.  Daisy just shouted from under the table as per usual.  Though she did emerge to point out that the tin of tuna was on top of the microwave, unopened....

After being home for the night we took off again for Hanmer and the West Coast.  Just beat the weather back.  When I say 'tail wind' I'm not kidding!!!!

Last night we had Bentley at our feet, Garfield in the blanket hammock between us and Daisy on Mr DT's pillow.  Apparently at some time in the night they all vacated to Miss DT's room and she had Bentley across her face, Daisy on her hip and Garfield across her feet.   Master DT hasn't commented but then he went to work at 4.45am, got home at 6pm and after eating went to bed to do it again tomorrow... and he loves his job!  lol

Report Spam   Logged
Alicat
« Reply #128 on: February 23, 2013, 04:13:59 pm »

I have it on very good authority that Bentley and Bailey's Mum Suzie has a very very big belly. She's due to have some baby Bentley and Bailey's in another 10 days - 2 weeks. I'm sure Bentley's Grandma will be interested to hear that
Report Spam   Logged
dragontamer
« Reply #129 on: February 24, 2013, 06:22:36 am »

Grin

Grandma's internal clock wasn't too far off then. hehehe

I'm sure Grandpa knows something is up.  But he's got so many toys sitting out in the yard, and gets to play with them all every weekend... he starts saying something then it just peters out. Baaaahahahaha
Report Spam   Logged
Alicat
« Reply #130 on: February 25, 2013, 08:54:15 am »

I am sure I will need a day trip to Palmy in another 10 or so weeks for a peek - Suzie is always such a proud Mum.
Report Spam   Logged
Alicat
« Reply #131 on: March 13, 2013, 09:44:51 am »

Aunty Ali thinks DT might like to ring Palmerston North

I'm not saying nuffink but a phone call might be quite nice
Report Spam   Logged
dragontamer
« Reply #132 on: March 13, 2013, 02:09:09 pm »

***Squeals***
Report Spam   Logged
wgtngirl
« Reply #133 on: March 13, 2013, 03:32:23 pm »

Betchya Mr Dragon-Tamer is gonna squeal louder.  Or maybe DT could get one kitty for herself and one for Mr DT
Report Spam   Logged
Alicat
« Reply #134 on: March 13, 2013, 05:04:32 pm »

Betchya Mr Dragon-Tamer is gonna squeal louder.  Or maybe DT could get one kitty for herself and one for Mr DT

Mr DT will turn to mush when Bella makes her Christchurch debut. If she is anything like her big sister, which she will be, Mr DT will be besotted within seconds of meeting her.
Report Spam   Logged
dragontamer
« Reply #135 on: March 13, 2013, 05:32:01 pm »

Hopefully butterfly kisses from the girls is stock standard to M's breeding.   Grin

If Bailey was homeless (orThomas wasn't scared of the Ali/DT tag team), she'd have been adopted on the spot.  bahahahaha

Report Spam   Logged
Alicat
« Reply #136 on: March 13, 2013, 06:06:20 pm »

Hopefully butterfly kisses from the girls is stock standard to M's breeding.   Grin

If Bailey was homeless (orThomas wasn't scared of the Ali/DT tag team), she'd have been adopted on the spot.  bahahahaha

Bailey has a huge fan club. Everyone who meets her and falls for her charms wants to take her. There have been a few kidnap attempts made but when it comes down to it, she's a bit of a sook for her Mum.

Butterfly kisses are pretty much guaranteed from Suzie and Simon's babies.

Report Spam   Logged
dragontamer
« Reply #137 on: March 13, 2013, 07:21:35 pm »

Bentley hongis.  Which is probably a manly version of the butterfly kiss.
Report Spam   Logged
Alicat
« Reply #138 on: March 13, 2013, 07:29:20 pm »

Bentley hongis.  Which is probably a manly version of the butterfly kiss.

PMSL - he's in tune with his human ancestry.
Report Spam   Logged
dragontamer
« Reply #139 on: April 25, 2013, 09:53:09 pm »

Today is/was Miss DT's 21st birthday.  She worked.  Mr DT and I spent the late after noon at the emergency vets with a very sore and sad Bentley.  He seems to have been hit by a car.  Probably run over his tail and tumbled across the asphalt.  There's a nasty cut to his jaw, lots of cuts, nicks and scuffs over him.  He's glassy eyed and has no movement in his tail.

He'll be at the emergency vets overnight and then we pick him up in the morning for transfer to our own vet.  They are just keeping him stable and giving pain relief.  He's too alert for xrays, but too concussed for an anesthetic.
Report Spam   Logged
Magoo
« Reply #140 on: April 26, 2013, 12:31:17 am »

I am sorry.   Poor Bentley must be very bewildered about it all.   I hope this tale (tail) has a happy ending    All fingers and toes crossed for him and a big hug for you. 
Report Spam   Logged
wgtngirl
« Reply #141 on: April 26, 2013, 04:13:02 am »

Ouch.  Poor Bentley.  Hope he makes a full recovery.
Report Spam   Logged
Alicat
« Reply #142 on: April 26, 2013, 08:51:39 am »

Poor Bentley - I thought about him all night. Just been chatting with Miss DT via Facebook message - sounding a bit more positive this morning. B sounds a bit pissed off being left there so that is a good and positive sign.

Fingers and toes crossed by all of the Scottycats - and Aunty Ali of course.
Report Spam   Logged
dragontamer
« Reply #143 on: April 26, 2013, 09:05:00 am »

Yep - he spent the entire time presenting his arse to us.  And if he couldn't get his arse facing us, then he would turn so we got the back of his head.  Definitely prefered his butt pointing at us though.

He's with his own vet now and xrays are scheduled for mid morning. 

The noteworthy behaviour from the other DT cats was Daisy calling for him for an hour in the early hours of this morning.  Enough to warrant me getting up and giving her a hand out the door.  Roll Eyes
Report Spam   Logged
Alicat
« Reply #144 on: April 26, 2013, 09:28:09 am »

Yep - he spent the entire time presenting his arse to us.  And if he couldn't get his arse facing us, then he would turn so we got the back of his head.  Definitely prefered his butt pointing at us though.

He's with his own vet now and xrays are scheduled for mid morning. 

The noteworthy behaviour from the other DT cats was Daisy calling for him for an hour in the early hours of this morning.  Enough to warrant me getting up and giving her a hand out the door.  Roll Eyes

In true Burmese Boy behaviour, Mr B is giving his loyalty and love to those at the Vet Centre who are looking after him. At the moment, you and Miss DT are the naughty people who left him 'there.' He will respond to your kisses though. Poor wee man has had a hell of a fright and won't realise just how rough it is for his immediate and extended mokowhanau.
Report Spam   Logged
ssweetpea
Absolutely Fabulously Incredibly Shit-Hot Member

« Reply #145 on: April 26, 2013, 09:52:54 am »

Oh gosh! I hope he is going to be OK.
Report Spam   Logged

The way politicians run this country a small white cat should have no problem http://sally4mp.blogspot.com/
dragontamer
« Reply #146 on: April 26, 2013, 02:29:50 pm »

The tail is severed and has to come off.  He's going to have a 'manx' stub.  His pee is clearer this afternoon. 

I'm just trying to organise a crate so we can keep him settled once we do get him home. 
Report Spam   Logged
Alicat
« Reply #147 on: April 26, 2013, 04:19:00 pm »

The tail is severed and has to come off.  He's going to have a 'manx' stub.  His pee is clearer this afternoon. 

I'm just trying to organise a crate so we can keep him settled once we do get him home. 

Give Margaret a call in Palmy - she may know of a Breeder or Cattery in Christchurch?

It might be a good idea to get a Feliway Diffuser and plug it in near where the crate is put. It lets out happy feromones and might help Mr B.
Report Spam   Logged
dragontamer
« Reply #148 on: April 26, 2013, 06:36:32 pm »

Thanks Ali.  His vet is supplying a crate and heat pad (solid plate thing that the bed goes on top of, and that you heat in the microwave for 12 hours warmth).  I've made J put on his favourite dressing gown (mine) with the order to sleep with it all night to get her mank on it.  Then we'll use it as a comforter when he's ready to come home in the morning.   J is going to ring Margaret tomorrow when we know for sure he's ok.   
Report Spam   Logged
Alicat
« Reply #149 on: April 26, 2013, 06:52:36 pm »

Thanks Ali.  His vet is supplying a crate and heat pad (solid plate thing that the bed goes on top of, and that you heat in the microwave for 12 hours warmth).  I've made J put on his favourite dressing gown (mine) with the order to sleep with it all night to get her mank on it.  Then we'll use it as a comforter when he's ready to come home in the morning.   J is going to ring Margaret tomorrow when we know for sure he's ok.  

You're doing as much as you possibly can. I know how hard this is for you and I know just how special Bentley is to Jordyn and the entire family. I couldn't stop thinking about him last night and kept giving my babies extra cuddles.

Thinking of you all with extra special cuddles for my mokonephew.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: