Xtra News Community 2
March 29, 2024, 11:10:20 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to Xtra News Community 2 — please also join our XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP.

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links BITEBACK! XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP Staff List Login Register  

Introducing Bentley

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Introducing Bentley  (Read 6429 times)
dragontamer
« Reply #50 on: August 02, 2012, 12:11:09 pm »

Lost him last night.  Turned on the bedroom light to have him do the old man squint/blink at me from Mr DT's armpit where he'd taken himself off to bed. 

Undecided

Good luck with that position.

Over night he was on the covers, under the covers, on the pillow, on my shoulder, under the covers by my feet (needed rescuing then - couldn't work out which way was out), under the duvet but over the blanket where he found an awesome hammock effect, back under the covers.....

The only position he didn't try was across my throat, which is his favoured position with J. 

He nipped me once and found himself on the floor.  Didn't try that twice.
Report Spam   Logged
Alicat
« Reply #51 on: August 02, 2012, 12:34:35 pm »

Lost him last night.  Turned on the bedroom light to have him do the old man squint/blink at me from Mr DT's armpit where he'd taken himself off to bed. 

Undecided

Good luck with that position.

Over night he was on the covers, under the covers, on the pillow, on my shoulder, under the covers by my feet (needed rescuing then - couldn't work out which way was out), under the duvet but over the blanket where he found an awesome hammock effect, back under the covers.....

The only position he didn't try was across my throat, which is his favoured position with J. 

He nipped me once and found himself on the floor.  Didn't try that twice.

This might sound silly but it's worth a try (worked with Bailey and Mitzi but not with Sam and Yogi) ... at bed time tonight, make Bentley look you in the eye and tell him that when the lights go out it's night time ... go nigh nighs. Worked a treat with my little girls. He's a boy ... worth a try ... good luck
Report Spam   Logged
ssweetpea
Absolutely Fabulously Incredibly Shit-Hot Member

« Reply #52 on: August 02, 2012, 09:28:44 pm »

Heidi (my darling old Siamese) used to try and get my attention by tapping my face gently while I was asleep. The taps would gradually get harder and when that failed (I used to pretend to be asleep) she would stick one claw in my nostril and slowly pull it out. That usually got my undivided attention.

Sally has a couple of other methods for getting attention.

There is the back into your shoulder/face when you are sleeping which results in you waking suddenly with a mouth full of Sally rump.

Then there is the tap on the back when on the computer - if ignored it starts coming with claws.

Of course there is always the purring loudly in your ear with meowing.

BTW Sp1 is still looking at Bentley and going Awwwwwww
Report Spam   Logged

The way politicians run this country a small white cat should have no problem http://sally4mp.blogspot.com/
dragontamer
« Reply #53 on: August 02, 2012, 09:51:31 pm »

Tell SP1 the little trouble maker runs up and boxes you legs if you aren't walking in the direction he wants.  No claws but thumps you with his paws.   Grin
Report Spam   Logged
Alicat
« Reply #54 on: August 04, 2012, 09:48:44 am »

I'm not one to gossip, but DT's Grandkitty is a thief
Report Spam   Logged
dragontamer
« Reply #55 on: August 04, 2012, 07:43:33 pm »

Yup - breeding counts for nuffin'!  He even stole silverbeet tonight.  I'd have given him mine if he'd asked; I hate the stuff!

And he will NOT sleep in his bed.  I had to sit with my jacket on and him inside it today while I worked - blardy nuisance. 
Report Spam   Logged
Alicat
« Reply #56 on: August 04, 2012, 08:24:35 pm »

Yup - breeding counts for nuffin'!  He even stole silverbeet tonight.  I'd have given him mine if he'd asked; I hate the stuff!

And he will NOT sleep in his bed.  I had to sit with my jacket on and him inside it today while I worked - blardy nuisance

Bailey does that. She crawls inside my dressing gown nearly under my armpit. Bentley (and his breed) live by the rule that they are Burmese and the rest of us just gotta live with it.

"I'm a Burmese if you please and I'm a Burmese if you don't please!"
« Last Edit: August 04, 2012, 09:30:48 pm by Alicat » Report Spam   Logged
dragontamer
« Reply #57 on: August 04, 2012, 10:10:18 pm »

This is what I sent to Miss DT by mobile.  She's laughing her head off!  (I was over wearing my dressing gown but didn't want him inside my hoodie, so put the jacket on).
Report Spam   Logged
Alicat
« Reply #58 on: August 05, 2012, 08:36:33 am »

Holly hell - that is Bailey all over only she's much heavier than Bentley. I think Miss DT might have started that though cos that's how he spent quite a bit of the trip back from Palmy to the Hutt.

Grandkitty looks like he's enjoying his weekend with his Grandparents

Miss DT must be missing him.
Report Spam   Logged
Alicat
« Reply #59 on: August 05, 2012, 09:11:30 am »

How are Garfield and Daisy coping with a little upstart?

Bentley was raised with Uncle OJ - a gorgeous Ginger Boy who Margaret has had since he was a kitten. OJ and his litter siblings were not much more than a week old when their mother was run over. Their owner took the kittens into the Vet Clinic not knowing what to do. Margaret just happened to be there to get some pills to dry up the milk of one of her Burmese Queens. Margaret offered to try the kittens with her girl - and it worked. Margaret found homes for all of them but was attached to OJ by then so he stayed and is Uncle to so many kittens. He plays with them and looks after them to give their Mums a break. Garfield is smaller than OJ but Bentley must have done a double take when he saw him.
Report Spam   Logged
dragontamer
« Reply #60 on: August 07, 2012, 12:30:32 am »

Garfield spent the entire time being a dick!  Poor wee Bentley wasn't even raucous or overbearing.  Just being there had the ginga twit in a spin.   Daisy on the other hand touched noses with him.  Then sat back and stared at him.  Which he reciprocated.  So she slapped his face.   Undecided  Bentley did go home with no war wounds though.  When Miss DT arrived in the car, I held Bentley up at the window to see.  He was completely focused on her until she walked up to him.  Didn't move or wiggle just stared.  Smiley  She got the super purr as soon as she touched him.

The mood lasted about 18 hours.  Miss DT rang in a panic - the bloody jack russell had pinned Bentley down and "nibbled" on his ear.   There's now a raw patch and a tiny hole (though quite a lot of blood).  Which may as well been the Grand Canyon as far as his mum was concerned, Miss DT was so furious and upset.  The rough and tumble has stopped I think. Van isn't going to get within coo-ee of Bentley now.  I think for a few minutes at least, she considered moving home.  Bentley did not appreciate the salt water bathe it got.  Nope.  Don't do that again mum!

The cute part (I'm going to call it that because I'm not sure how else to explain it) is that Mr DT, Master DT and Miss DT2 are all up in arms about it too.... Bentley's "OURS"!!!!!!
Report Spam   Logged
Alicat
« Reply #61 on: August 07, 2012, 02:15:47 pm »

Garfield spent the entire time being a dick!  Poor wee Bentley wasn't even raucous or overbearing.  Just being there had the ginga twit in a spin.   Daisy on the other hand touched noses with him.  Then sat back and stared at him.  Which he reciprocated.  So she slapped his face.   Undecided  Bentley did go home with no war wounds though.  When Miss DT arrived in the car, I held Bentley up at the window to see.  He was completely focused on her until she walked up to him.  Didn't move or wiggle just stared.  Smiley  She got the super purr as soon as she touched him.

The mood lasted about 18 hours.  Miss DT rang in a panic - the bloody jack russell had pinned Bentley down and "nibbled" on his ear.   There's now a raw patch and a tiny hole (though quite a lot of blood).  Which may as well been the Grand Canyon as far as his mum was concerned, Miss DT was so furious and upset.  The rough and tumble has stopped I think. Van isn't going to get within coo-ee of Bentley now.  I think for a few minutes at least, she considered moving home.  Bentley did not appreciate the salt water bathe it got.  Nope.  Don't do that again mum!

The cute part (I'm going to call it that because I'm not sure how else to explain it) is that Mr DT, Master DT and Miss DT2 are all up in arms about it too.... Bentley's "OURS"!!!!!!

Oh dear - I thought they Bentley and Van were mates? Hope poor wee B is okay today.
Report Spam   Logged
Alicat
« Reply #62 on: August 07, 2012, 04:01:40 pm »

Bentley is such a lucky wee boy to have a great home and a great extended family. He really is 'another one out of the box' when it comes to being very special. I keep looking at Bentley's face and seeing Bailey. You would love Suzie and Simon (their 'biological' parents) if you met them. They're both headbutters and LOVE cuddles and smooches.
Report Spam   Logged
Alicat
« Reply #63 on: August 07, 2012, 04:03:25 pm »

It wouldn't surprise me if Garfield is jealous of Bentley in as much as G has been the baby of the family for quite a long time. Now that the Lilac pipsqueak has come along AND slept in HIS Mum and Dad's bed, poor Garfield will be thinking he's lost his cherished baby spot. I think they will get to be okay together.
Report Spam   Logged
Alicat
« Reply #64 on: August 08, 2012, 07:06:08 pm »

How's Bentley - I'm sure he will have bounced back from his wee incident with Van.
Report Spam   Logged
dragontamer
« Reply #65 on: August 08, 2012, 09:34:09 pm »

He's fine.  I saw the 'wound' tonight.  Its more a parting of the fur than a cut.  There isn't going to be a scar or anything.... though to see J with Van that poor puppy isn't going to live it down in this lifetime. 

We introduced Van and Bentley to J's best friends 17 month old daughter tonight.  Bentley instantly went up out of reach and Van was so excited for about 10 minutes, then he wanted up too and had look on his face that said "mum, we don't need to get one of those eh?" lmao - tempted to take Kaia there every night to wear everyone out before bed time!
Report Spam   Logged
Alicat
« Reply #66 on: August 11, 2012, 09:44:21 am »

He's fine.  I saw the 'wound' tonight.  Its more a parting of the fur than a cut.  There isn't going to be a scar or anything.... though to see J with Van that poor puppy isn't going to live it down in this lifetime. 

We introduced Van and Bentley to J's best friends 17 month old daughter tonight.  Bentley instantly went up out of reach and Van was so excited for about 10 minutes, then he wanted up too and had look on his face that said "mum, we don't need to get one of those eh?" lmao - tempted to take Kaia there every night to wear everyone out before bed time!

I received a message from Bentley's mother - I believe Van's ear was bitten too, only not by Bentley

Bed time is always a challenge for the Burmese Boys. He will get better. B's sisters come to bed as soon as the lights are out and that is it for the night. They have both always been like that. Sam and Yogi, on the other hand used to play up something terrible at bed time when they were B's age. It took them quite a few months to settle down and go to bed on demand!
Report Spam   Logged
dragontamer
« Reply #67 on: August 18, 2012, 12:23:56 am »

Mokokitty is here tonight.   She's been having issues with him playing at night.  So we've got him.  I've told her bed is bedtime and not to play with him in there - I think that's been the issue.

Was having a look and found this site:  http://www.cat-world.com.au/burmese-cat-breed-profile  Gorgeous pictures - especially love the brown and blue torties, though they're all beautiful. 

FYI - American Burmese have an extra colour.... Sable.  What colour is Sable??? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Burmese_(cat) Daisy looks mighty vidicated I can tell you!
Report Spam   Logged
Alicat
« Reply #68 on: August 18, 2012, 05:18:06 pm »

Mokokitty is here tonight.   She's been having issues with him playing at night.  So we've got him.  I've told her bed is bedtime and not to play with him in there - I think that's been the issue.

Was having a look and found this site:  http://www.cat-world.com.au/burmese-cat-breed-profile  Gorgeous pictures - especially love the brown and blue torties, though they're all beautiful. 

FYI - American Burmese have an extra colour.... Sable.  What colour is Sable??? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Burmese_(cat) Daisy looks mighty vidicated I can tell you!

Their Sable is our version of Seal - think Yogi

Is now a good time to tell you Margaret has some Torties?

As for the night time playing. Both my boys were little shits at bed time. The girls were and are angels at bed time. Bed time means go to bed and go to sleep. The girls were told that from the start and complied. The boys were told that at the start and did not comply. Use the word NO - keep in mind Bentley knows what no means, it's just that he chooses when to observe the instruction.

Have fun. Tell him Aunty Ali says BED TIME BENTLEY - time for nigh nighs now! Tell him his big sisters Bailey and Mitzi go to bed when they're told to.
Report Spam   Logged
Alicat
« Reply #69 on: August 19, 2012, 09:54:13 am »

How did the night time retraining go?
Report Spam   Logged
dragontamer
« Reply #70 on: August 19, 2012, 03:54:51 pm »

Terrific.

And Garfield sat on my knee for a full 5 minutes before he realised Bentley was inside my top. 

Tantrum in 3....2....1....

hehehe
Report Spam   Logged
Alicat
« Reply #71 on: August 19, 2012, 11:25:57 pm »

Terrific.

And Garfield sat on my knee for a full 5 minutes before he realised Bentley was inside my top. 

Tantrum in 3....2....1....

hehehe

Poor Garfield - he will get used to Bentley though. It must be tough finding out he's no longer the baby. Yogi went through a similiar crisis when Bailey arrived. He was determined to make Bailey hiss or growl so he could bash her up for insubordination, however Bailey just ignored Yogi.

I guess the rest of the DT's are smitten though
Report Spam   Logged
Alicat
« Reply #72 on: August 29, 2012, 08:56:28 pm »

Any more sleepovers coming up?
Report Spam   Logged
dragontamer
« Reply #73 on: August 29, 2012, 10:31:28 pm »

He's been here since last night.  Staying through till Monday.

He came a cropper last night though.  He was being a plonker in my bed, so Mr DT came and got him and took him through to the lounge. 

Bentley came bounding back in, jumped onto the bed and then jumped/swiped my face with both front paws in one move.

He found nana can move too, and seemed to come to the realization that making me bleed (eyelid and nose) wasn't the brightest move he could have made.  Claws have been sheathed for the last 24 hours.  Even when Miss 19 month old wanted to cuddle he just submitted till I could extract him.

Garfield is STILL being a pussy!  Bentley's mums boyfriend is his new best friend..... little does he know lmao
Report Spam   Logged
dragontamer
« Reply #74 on: August 30, 2012, 12:36:20 am »

I'll get some photo's of Fatty-boy.

If I can find my phone. :/

Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: