Xtra News Community 2
March 29, 2024, 09:25:45 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to Xtra News Community 2 — please also join our XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP.

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links BITEBACK! XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP Staff List Login Register  

Introducing Bentley

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Introducing Bentley  (Read 6417 times)
Alicat
« Reply #25 on: July 19, 2012, 09:13:39 pm »

He's certainly being well loved.

I'm on baby sitting duty this weekend.  Miss DT is taking the twins for their first pub outing and she is scared she'll squash him if she's p*ssed.  Grin

Told her I'm pretty sure she'd come off second best, but probably a good thing for long term relations if he comes here.  Wink

That face! I fell in love with him too. Big personality for a little chap.
Report Spam   Logged
Alicat
« Reply #26 on: July 19, 2012, 09:24:26 pm »

What will Gus, Daisy and Garfield think of the babysitting?
Report Spam   Logged
dragontamer
« Reply #27 on: July 20, 2012, 08:06:58 am »

They won't be chuffed, but they're used to me taking in over nighters.
Report Spam   Logged
Alicat
« Reply #28 on: July 20, 2012, 08:48:14 am »

They won't be chuffed, but they're used to me taking in over nighters.

You do know you have to give him back?
Report Spam   Logged
ssweetpea
Absolutely Fabulously Incredibly Shit-Hot Member

« Reply #29 on: July 20, 2012, 10:50:11 am »

Out of curiosity how are cats permitted to fly domestically?

Are they allowed in the cabin or do they have to be caged up in the hold?
Report Spam   Logged

The way politicians run this country a small white cat should have no problem http://sally4mp.blogspot.com/
dragontamer
« Reply #30 on: July 20, 2012, 08:14:55 pm »

Grin  Of course I know that Ali.

They have to fly on ANZ in the hold in an 'approved' carrier sp.
Report Spam   Logged
Alicat
« Reply #31 on: July 20, 2012, 11:10:23 pm »

Grin  Of course I know that Ali.

Are the twins smitten as well?

It's about time we had more photos of the grandkitty
Report Spam   Logged
Alicat
« Reply #32 on: July 25, 2012, 02:55:22 pm »

Soooooooooooo ... how did the babysitting go?
Report Spam   Logged
dragontamer
« Reply #33 on: July 25, 2012, 06:20:39 pm »

It didn't.  Getting Gus put down pretty much f*cked up everyone's weekend.  Sad
Report Spam   Logged
Alicat
« Reply #34 on: July 25, 2012, 06:47:33 pm »

It didn't.  Getting Gus put down pretty much f*cked up everyone's weekend.  Sad

How are you all coping? I'm sure GArfield and even Daisy (in her own wee way) are missing Gus.
Report Spam   Logged
dragontamer
« Reply #35 on: July 26, 2012, 08:46:17 am »

Daisy is all over everything.  She is certainly more visible.   Mr DT's brother is staying atm..... she LUVS Mr DT's brother!
Report Spam   Logged
Alicat
« Reply #36 on: July 26, 2012, 09:27:31 am »

Daisy is all over everything.  She is certainly more visible.   Mr DT's brother is staying atm..... she LUVS Mr DT's brother!

They all behave quite differently when one of the 4 legged family dies. The personality changes are sometimes surprising!

Best check Mr DT's bags when he leaves - he may have a concealed feline if you don't
Report Spam   Logged
dragontamer
« Reply #37 on: July 27, 2012, 08:48:20 pm »

The cunning witch!  I'm onto her!

She's going to Nelson next weekend (to meet her lovely man friends parents).  I get Bentley Thursday night til Monday night.  

Cool!

Except.................

There's a vet visit on the Friday!  Evil little bag is going to get me to do the mean stuff!

I feel a 'spoil the grandkitty rotten all weekend' coming on.  Too bad I can't send him home with a sugar rush to boot!
Report Spam   Logged
Alicat
« Reply #38 on: July 28, 2012, 05:26:06 pm »

The cunning witch!  I'm onto her!

She's going to Nelson next weekend (to meet her lovely man friends parents).  I get Bentley Thursday night til Monday night.  

Cool!

Except.................

There's a vet visit on the Friday!  Evil little bag is going to get me to do the mean stuff!

I feel a 'spoil the grandkitty rotten all weekend' coming on.  Too bad I can't send him home with a sugar rush to boot!

PMSL - don't worry about Bentley. He will LOVE the Vet - any attention and of course the adulation he will get. We need some more pics of the dear wee man.
Report Spam   Logged
dragontamer
« Reply #39 on: July 28, 2012, 07:40:27 pm »

Did you see the one J liked on fb?  Of Bentley sleeping on the dog?

He HATES outside passionately.  Or maybe it was grass.  Anyway, if she wants to hang out washing he's not helping.  Maybe moral support from the window sill, but that's it!
Report Spam   Logged
Alicat
« Reply #40 on: July 29, 2012, 05:57:08 pm »

Did you see the one J liked on fb?  Of Bentley sleeping on the dog?

He HATES outside passionately.  Or maybe it was grass.  Anyway, if she wants to hang out washing he's not helping.  Maybe moral support from the window sill, but that's it!

No - didn't see the photo and for some reason I can find it now either.
Report Spam   Logged
dragontamer
« Reply #41 on: July 29, 2012, 06:36:58 pm »

I'm getting her to tag it so it shows up. Smiley
Report Spam   Logged
Alicat
« Reply #42 on: July 29, 2012, 07:04:03 pm »

I'm getting her to tag it so it shows up. Smiley

Got it now - what a stunning wee man he is. Gorgeous pic.
Report Spam   Logged
dragontamer
« Reply #43 on: July 29, 2012, 09:35:03 pm »

She's so lucky that both her flatmates and her man friend love him to bits too.  Makes for a much easier life for all.
Report Spam   Logged
Alicat
« Reply #44 on: July 30, 2012, 08:22:31 am »

She's so lucky that both her flatmates and her man friend love him to bits too.  Makes for a much easier life for all.

Especially when he REALLY sorts everyone out into living their lives they way HE thinks they should. One look at that face would melt most hearts anyway. Bentley is such a cool wee dude. I love the friendship he has with Van. Margaret has two little dogs and although Bentley would not have actually played with them, he would have been used to just having them around.
Report Spam   Logged
dragontamer
« Reply #45 on: July 30, 2012, 08:43:58 am »

Van is the right dog for it too.  He's only about 7 months old, so no real preset bad behaviours, plus he was raised with 2 big grumpy cats that wouldn't run from him so he doesn't chase cats.

J tells me when Bentley's had enough of Van he picks up Van's top lip and give it a tug.  That sits him on his rump pretty fast and (from experience) probably brings a tear to his eye.
Report Spam   Logged
Alicat
« Reply #46 on: July 30, 2012, 09:01:31 am »

Van is the right dog for it too.  He's only about 7 months old, so no real preset bad behaviours, plus he was raised with 2 big grumpy cats that wouldn't run from him so he doesn't chase cats.

J tells me when Bentley's had enough of Van he picks up Van's top lip and give it a tug.  That sits him on his rump pretty fast and (from experience) probably brings a tear to his eye.

Good boy Bentley - PMSL. Ouch - that would really hurt!

Heidi (my darling old Siamese) used to try and get my attention by tapping my face gently while I was asleep. The taps would gradually get harder and when that failed (I used to pretend to be asleep) she would stick one claw in my nostril and slowly pull it out. That usually got my undivided attention.

Has Bentley won the older cats over yet or is that still a work in progress?
Report Spam   Logged
Alicat
« Reply #47 on: July 31, 2012, 09:57:54 am »

It's actually good that Bentley hates the outdoors at the moment. The longer he is an indoor kitten for, the more likely it is that he will be a homebody. I kept my lot in for a number of months before they were allowed out, except for Yogi. I'd have the cat door locked intentionally but darling sweet kind Zara used to unlock the cat door for him and hold the flap open for him too. It was either kindness or she was hoping he'd run away
Report Spam   Logged
dragontamer
« Reply #48 on: August 01, 2012, 11:20:45 pm »

OK.... I can't maintain a look of total haughtiness all the time.... sometimes I just have to go for "Duh"

What?

You will share the lolly!
Report Spam   Logged
Alicat
« Reply #49 on: August 02, 2012, 09:26:14 am »

So ... has he won Mr DT over too?
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: