Xtra News Community 2
March 29, 2024, 12:49:52 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to Xtra News Community 2 — please also join our XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP.

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links BITEBACK! XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP Staff List Login Register  

Creationists tell Attenborough to 'burn in hell'

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Creationists tell Attenborough to 'burn in hell'  (Read 535 times)
DazzaMc
Don't give me Karma!
Admin Staff
Absolutely Fabulously Incredibly Shit-Hot Member

« on: January 29, 2009, 10:50:00 am »

Sir David Attenborough receives hate mail over his belief in evolution, the British broadcaster and naturalist has revealed.

Sir David is preparing for more letters telling him to "burn in hell" when his latest television show, a documentary on Charles Darwin's theory of evolution, is aired in the UK on Sunday.

"They tell me to burn in hell and good riddance," Sir David told Radio Times magazine.

The popular 82-year-old said people often asked him why he did not "give credit" in his programmes to God for creating the natural world.

"They always mean beautiful things like hummingbirds," Sir David said.

"I always reply by saying that I think of a little child in East Africa with a worm burrowing through his eyeball.

"The worm cannot live in any other way, except by burrowing through eyeballs. I find that hard to reconcile with the notion of a divine and benevolent creator."

This year marks the 200th anniversary of Darwin's birth and 150 years since his most famous work, On the Origin of Species, was published.

With many species under threat of extinction, keen conservationist Sir David was worried by the notion that the world was a gift to humans from God.

He also declared it as "terrible, terrible" that some British state schools can teach children that creationism and evolution are equal alternative view points.

"It's like saying that two and two equals four, but if you wish to believe it, it could also be five," Sir David said.

"Darwin revolutionised the way we see the world fundamentally, but his basic proposition is still not taken on board by a lot of people."

However, Sir David acknowledged "it would be a very bold scientist, and certainly not me, who believes it's the be all and end all".

Britain's Australia Day Foundation this week named Sir David Honorary Australian of the Year for his work in highlighting Australia's native plants and animals in his award-winning television documentaries.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/4831726a4560.html

Report Spam   Logged

Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one.

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

ssweetpea

« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2009, 11:59:58 am »

Creationists give christians a bad name. Angry
Report Spam   Logged

The way politicians run this country a small white cat should have no problem http://sally4mp.blogspot.com/
Biggles
Getting The Hang Of It

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2009, 12:24:45 pm »

Christians give christians a bad name.........creationists make it worse.
Anyone who agrees with their god that unbelievers should suffer eternal pain and torture after death has already earned the reciprocal in life from this unbeliever.

Biggles, Prime
Report Spam   Logged
Calliope
Incredibly Shit-Hot Member

If music be the food of love, play on

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2009, 12:25:30 pm »

Even some scientists are now jumping on the creationist bandwagon but call it Intelligent Design
Report Spam   Logged

[W]hat the internet and its cult of anonymity do is to provide a blanket sort of immunity for anybody who wants to say anything about anybody else, and it would be difficult in this sense to think of a more morally deformed exploitation of the concept of free speech.
- Richard Bernstein in the New York Times
DazzaMc
Don't give me Karma!
Admin Staff

« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2009, 12:36:25 pm »

Even some scientists are now jumping on the creationist bandwagon but call it Intelligent Design

Stop telling fibs...
Report Spam   Logged

Lovelee
XNC2 GOD

« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2009, 12:46:51 pm »

Now - where is that bloody article I found the other day ... 
Report Spam   Logged

Laughter is the best medicine, unless you've got a really nasty case of syphilis, in which case penicillin is your best bet.
Brownie55
Global Moderator

OK, so what’s the speed of dark?

« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2009, 01:11:16 pm »

Gee a "singles Muslim dating service" ad in the middle of this thread.
Report Spam   Logged

I almost had a psychic boyfriend, but he left me before we met.
DazzaMc
Don't give me Karma!
Admin Staff

« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2009, 01:27:00 pm »

Gee a "singles Muslim dating service" ad in the middle of this thread.

Lol... I reckon the ad's are word/topic targeted. I've got a "Learn Biblical Hebrew" ad!!
Report Spam   Logged

Calliope

« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2009, 01:27:16 pm »

Intelligent Design Research Lab Highlighted in New Scientist

An article in the latest issue of New Scientist highlights the exciting work of scientists at the Biologic Institute, a new research lab conducting biological research and experiments from an intelligent design perspective. While writer Celeste Biever can't suppress her visceral pro-Darwin bias from the story (which carries the dismissive title "Intelligent design: The God Lab"), Biever's article is going to make it very difficult for Darwinists to continue to assert that scientists who support intelligent design aren't conducting scientific research.
http://www.evolutionnews.org/2006/12/intelligent_design_research_la.html

Scientists presents Proof of Intelligent Design ! Charles Darwin - Origin of Species - Evolution Disproved, Refuted by Biologists and Scientists from Cambridge, Chicago, Munich universities ! Creation proved by Scientists ! Part 2 / 7

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/YO7gV41PNcA&hl=en&fs=1">
Report Spam   Logged

[W]hat the internet and its cult of anonymity do is to provide a blanket sort of immunity for anybody who wants to say anything about anybody else, and it would be difficult in this sense to think of a more morally deformed exploitation of the concept of free speech.
Lovelee
XNC2 GOD

« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2009, 01:32:13 pm »

Using firefox - it has an addon called ad block ..

I dont have any ads on the page at all

I see there is one available for IE
Report Spam   Logged

Laughter is the best medicine, unless you've got a really nasty case of syphilis, in which case penicillin is your best bet.
Biggles
Getting The Hang Of It

« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2009, 11:19:29 am »

Declaring clamorously that Axe and Gauger can do legitimate scientific research is tantamount to the type of situation where a person is delusionally convinced that he should thank a thief for not burgling his house.
                 There are many scientists, believers of every stripe from calathumpianism to the gay Brotherhood of Perpetual Indulgence, who can put aside their religious beliefs and conduct genuine mainstream science. Some of them somehow can reconcile their beliefs with the research they do but still report in line with the best traditions of the scientific method.
                 In their spare time, some of them write "scientific" articles that appear in Discovery Institute's publications. This is the medium where they subtley distort, contrive and blatantly lie about real science. The PhD geologist, Australian A.A.Snelling is a most egregious example of such an intellectual hypocrite. I think he is still head of DI in Australia.
                 It will be revealed in later "research" by Biologic that much of their work will be occupied trying to devalue and invalidate already established scientific data, where all the hard work has been done by genuinely motivated scientists so that the bludgers and prostitutes of science in DI can suck a little blood from the vast body of scientific knowledge like parasites do. They've become adept at taking a little science out of context and distorting it into an apparent contradiction.
                 It will be interesting to see as well how the DI "scientists" define conclusively the demarcation between what is evidence of design and what isn't, and then what is of human design and what isn't.
                 We can also expect a vast number of cleverly disguised appeals to personal incredulity. These prostitutes of science are adepts at contriving dishonesty into apparent truth.
                 It is hardly worth observing also, but worthy of putting here for the record, that all real mainstream science presented in scientific refutation of prostituted science will be ignored by the prostitutes.

Biggles, Prime                      
Report Spam   Logged
Biggles
Getting The Hang Of It

« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2009, 11:38:05 am »

It should be noted also that creationists are behaving exactly as expected, in the highest traditions of religious bigotry and hatred toward others outside their milieu.
What fine examples they are of christians being christian.

Biggles, Prime
Report Spam   Logged
Sir Blodsnogger
« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2009, 12:43:23 pm »

I would bring to your attention the fact that the title of this thread is quite inflamatory.
It is bound to attract firey bugs like bigglas
Report Spam   Logged
Nitpicker1
« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2009, 01:22:17 pm »

It should be noted also that creationists are behaving exactly as expected, in the highest traditions of religious bigotry and hatred toward others outside their milieu.
What fine examples they are of christians being christian.

What else didya want, biggles?

Report Spam   Logged
mat

« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2009, 07:23:06 am »

god is a figment of mans imagination. therefore how can one burn in hell when it doesn't exist?
Report Spam   Logged
Biggles
Getting The Hang Of It

« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2009, 12:17:58 pm »

sirblodsnigger, with creditable perspicacity, observes that the title of this thread is INFLAMMATORY.
And who can disagree?
He fails to understand though that the subject to which the title refers is, lo and behold, a highly inflammatory one dealing with highly inflammatory behaviour by inflamed, intemperate, inane, inbred, incendiary, incoherent, indecorous, indignant, inelegant, inept, infantile, infernal christians and their coat-tail pullers, the intellectual ants of this forum who, with their bretheren in faith, have pulled their heads in, not wishing to associate themselves with such outrageous conduct but secretly agreeing with it.

Biggles, Prime
Report Spam   Logged
Calliope

« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2009, 12:25:00 pm »

Did you swallow a thesaurus Biggles? 
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: