Xtra News Community 2
August 12, 2020, 10:41:29 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to Xtra News Community 2 please also join our XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP.

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links BITEBACK! XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP Staff List Login Register  

Broadband slowing down after going wireless

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Broadband slowing down after going wireless  (Read 1664 times)
DazzaMc
Don't give me Karma!
Absolutely Fabulously Incredibly Shit-Hot Member

« on: March 16, 2009, 08:13:32 pm »

No worries matey - me working anyway...

Ok - do you have a link or shortcut to the routers configuration home page?
That address should have opened that up for you... but things might be a little different - depending on how you installed it.

Basically - your router host's a website which is what we are trying to find. In there you can configure it and I suspect that your wireless speed is set to some low level... what I'm aiming at (in this first step) is to confirm that speed. But while we are in there we will also check your IP address which your router assigned you (not your Internet IP address, but your LAN IP address - the one in between your computer and your router) and make sure that's nothing strange.

At a pinch I could get in there myself and have a poke around - but that would mean you letting me know passwords and user names and I'm not really comfy with that since we don't know really each other.

Your router is working - be rest assured about that, and there's no wireless router that I know of on the open market which is only capable of dial up speeds. I think you have a little config problem which hopefully we can nail with relative ease like this....

Let me know if you can find your routuers config page!

:bgie
Report Spam   Logged

Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: