Xtra News Community 2
March 29, 2024, 09:00:20 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to Xtra News Community 2 — please also join our XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP.

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links BITEBACK! XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP Staff List Login Register  

OCR - going down

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: OCR - going down  (Read 174 times)
ssweetpea
Absolutely Fabulously Incredibly Shit-Hot Member

« on: January 29, 2009, 07:24:37 am »

It has been dropped another 150 points to 3.5% instead of the 75 - 100 points many were predicting.

Hold on folks, this ride could get bumpy.
Report Spam   Logged

The way politicians run this country a small white cat should have no problem http://sally4mp.blogspot.com/

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

ssweetpea
Absolutely Fabulously Incredibly Shit-Hot Member

« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2009, 06:00:08 pm »

For anybody who is interested this is the formula for calculating break costs from Kiwibank.

Loan balance x (wholesale interest rate for orignal fixed rate on drawndown - wholesale interest rate for the remaining fixed term) x (number of days to orignal rate maturity/365)

OR

Loan balance x (retail interest rate for orignal fixed rate on drawndown - retail interest rate for the remaining fixed term) x (number of days to orignal rate maturity/365)

Which every sum is the greater is the break cost.

If I plug some figures in say for a $100,000 mortgage with 6 months (181 days) with a current fixed rate of 9% (two years) moving to a new rate with the same bank of 6% for 6 months to run I get:

100000 * (9%-6%) *(181/365)
100000 * 3 * 0.49589 = 6049.72 and since that is twice the figure I get if there is one year remaining I have got my sums wrong - I hope.

Report Spam   Logged

The way politicians run this country a small white cat should have no problem http://sally4mp.blogspot.com/

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: