Xtra News Community 2
April 19, 2024, 07:25:14 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to Xtra News Community 2 — please also join our XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP.

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links BITEBACK! XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP Staff List Login Register  

If Fonterra weren't so greedy, this probably wouldn't have happened

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: If Fonterra weren't so greedy, this probably wouldn't have happened  (Read 200 times)
Crusader
« on: April 04, 2012, 02:03:56 pm »

http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/crime/6689279/Milk-stolen-to-order
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Magoo
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2012, 02:13:41 pm »

If Fonterra weren't so greedy, this probably wouldn't have happened
And if someone had told me that this would happen 2012 in New Zealand, I wouldn't have believed it.
Report Spam   Logged
ssweetpea
Absolutely Fabulously Incredibly Shit-Hot Member

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2012, 02:53:30 pm »

It got to the point in the 1980s that our milk was stolen from our letter box most evenings within minutes of delivery. This is if some one didn't steal the tokens or money first. It use to cost us to replace the stolen bottles.

In the end we used to walk up to the truck when it stopped up the road to get it instead of putting the bottles out.

Report Spam   Logged

The way politicians run this country a small white cat should have no problem http://sally4mp.blogspot.com/
Ferney
Incredibly Shit-Hot Member

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2012, 03:53:02 pm »

Stealing milk is nothing new. 
Milk being stolen from the the letter boxes started when milk began being delivered in glass bottles.
Milk money was also stolen in the 1950's in Birkenhead on a regular basis.   So much that the milkman had to change to calling to each household on Mondays to collect the weeks milk money.     
Report Spam   Logged
Kiwithrottlejockey
Admin Staff
XNC2 GOD

Having fun in the hills!

« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2012, 05:37:00 pm »

Milk money was also stolen in the 1950's in Birkenhead on a regular basis.  So much that the milkman had to change to calling to each household on Mondays to collect the weeks milk money.     

Birkenhead must be a bad-arse place, eh? 

Report Spam   Logged

If you aren't living life on the edge, you're taking up too much space! 
Alicat
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2012, 05:41:39 pm »

Milk being stolen from the the letter boxes started when milk began being delivered in glass bottles.
Milk money was also stolen in the 1950's in Birkenhead on a regular basis.   So much that the milkman had to change to calling to each household on Mondays to collect the weeks milk money.     

Many years ago when I lived in Berhampore (Wellington) we would wake up on a Sunday morning to holes being punched in the tops of the milk bottles in each of the letterboxes at the block of flats I lived in. It had happened every Sunday for about 3 weeks but we hadn't seen who did it. One Sunday morning (the last time it happened I might add) I woke up to children's voice and looked out the bedroom window in time to see 2 boys with sticks going along punching holes in the milk bottle lids. I was out of bed and out of the flat so damn quick. By the time I got outside the kids were at the next block of flats doing the same thing. I stood there resplendent in my PJ's and yelled out for them to "get back here now!" The two very scared looking boys walked back to me and I gaev them such a bollocking. They obviously lived nearby as their Dad came over to see what was going on. He wasn't too pleased to see a sleepy but cross female in PJ's telling his wee darlings off, but soon backed me up and joined in the telling off when he found out what they had been doing.

They never returned
Report Spam   Logged
AnFaolchudubh
Incredibly Shit-Hot Member

Faugh a ballagh!

« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2012, 02:44:23 pm »

Milk money was also stolen in the 1950's in Birkenhead on a regular basis.   So much that the milkman had to change to calling to each household on Mondays to collect the weeks milk money.     

Yes, I also doubt that fonterra can be solely blamed, there are shop keepers too!
Report Spam   Logged

Stupid people are not an endangered species so why are we protecting them
R. S. OhAllmurain
Kiwithrottlejockey
Admin Staff
XNC2 GOD

Having fun in the hills!

« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2016, 08:19:23 pm »

FONTERRASAURUS
Report Spam   Logged

If you aren't living life on the edge, you're taking up too much space! 

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: