Xtra News Community 2
April 20, 2024, 01:34:43 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to Xtra News Community 2 — please also join our XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP.

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links BITEBACK! XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP Staff List Login Register  

What are your pet's names

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What are your pet's names  (Read 911 times)
Ferney
Incredibly Shit-Hot Member

« Reply #25 on: March 16, 2009, 05:52:09 pm »

:cat
I forgot
Blackie.  (most original) a burmese cross and the most adorable cat I ever had.  She used to sleep with her head on my pillow every night.  She died at 13 from kidney failure. 

When I was in my 20's I lived in a country schoolhouse that had a few acres of land with it, so bought some sheep from the farmer across the road.  When it was time for them to meet the freezer, I said I couldn't eat meat from an animal I'd made friends with over the fence so the farmer said he would take them and swap them for some of his.
He must have thought I was a dumb townie, because it didn't occur to me for several years........that I probably did eat my sheep.   

Report Spam   Logged
Shef
Senator
Shit-Hot Member

« Reply #26 on: March 16, 2009, 09:42:04 pm »

Not the cinnamon coloured kitten Ferney! I was pissed off i didn't download the pic from XNC!!

Hehehe  many a farmer has been the arsehole when it comes to pet lambs (just seeing how many of you "swapped").
The only one we had a problem with disappeared the morning it was due to be slaughtered. Nobody could work out what happened to it. It had been there at feeding time the night before, but come 6am it had gone. 4 year old Hannah got the blame, but kept protesting her innocence - to no avail. It was 2 weeks of Mac'n'cheese, stir-fry, vege soup and other assorted vegetarian dishes. It wasn't until Christmas 15 years later that daughter #2 admitted she'd stayed up until everyone had gone to bed then herded Lambchop down the road into a paddock with a mob of his own. At that late stage we didn't think it worthwhile to explain that the paddockful of lambs probably went to the works in the next few days Grin
Report Spam   Logged

Success is getting what you want. Happiness is wanting what you get.
Ferney
Incredibly Shit-Hot Member

« Reply #27 on: March 17, 2009, 10:23:00 pm »

:cat
Yes, that kitty Shef.   He was a real smoochy.       
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: