Xtra News Community 2
March 29, 2024, 10:18:31 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to Xtra News Community 2 — please also join our XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP.

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links BITEBACK! XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP Staff List Login Register  

THE LIL BOOKERS

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: THE LIL BOOKERS  (Read 1191 times)
Brownie55
Global Moderator
Incredibly Shit-Hot Member

OK, so what’s the speed of dark?

« on: March 12, 2009, 08:00:25 pm »

There I was at work oneday ( just before my holiday and just after my spider bite)  Went to put some books out on a shelf and as my hand went to the back of the shelf I thought 'sheeeet I hope there are no spiders back there'.... so I moved a few books to look  ...and dicovered THE BOOKERS.
  Lil buggers have been living in our shop for generations apparently and seem to consider it their kingdom rather than mine.....
A bit of delving has uncovered some BOOKER habits . They start out as bookworms laid randomly inside books and hatch out into BOOKERS, when fully mature wings develop.   each one takes on the personality of the book he/she was hatched within. 
I continued searching the shop and discovered whole colonies of BOOKERS based onsections of the shop.  In one area there are Bookers dressed as Chefs who call themselves COOKERY BOOKERS  In the gardening section I found  hundreds of them and they all had green thumbs.  In the religion section there were a lot of pious Bookers mumbling prayers .  The Horror section was truly frightening and I believe some sort of miniature ray gun was aimed at me as I went through the Science Fiction section. Over in the thriller section several Bookers wearing trench coats could be seen . The R18 adult section was a real eye opener with what looked like a miniature orgy going on behind the "Do Not Remove The Magazines From Their Bag"  sign . 

I really can't believe this has been going on for so long without anyone noticing...but now I am aware I think I will develop it as a theme for the shop.
Of course the book people in this thread will be able to help here with more ideas...

Report Spam   Logged

I almost had a psychic boyfriend, but he left me before we met.

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

dragontamer
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2009, 06:54:42 am »

Quick, check the new age section.  Are they all in flowing robes and obnoxiously serene?

I don't even want to think about the romance section with the damsels swooning and the men strutting.  **gags**

Oh oh oh - the wildlife section would be cool.  Well it would if there were teeny tiny booker elephants and lions.  Not so much if they are all like Steve Irwin (pre-stingray).

Report Spam   Logged
Shef
Senator
Shit-Hot Member

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2009, 11:11:58 am »

Mystery bookers would be wearing a deer-stalker hat and smoking a pipe, crime bookers (IMO) would strut around with a big gun belt and scoff do-nuts.

Parenting bookers would all look extremely harrassed and have baby-puke on their shoulders  Grin
Report Spam   Logged

Success is getting what you want. Happiness is wanting what you get.
Brownie55
Global Moderator

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2009, 05:15:42 pm »

I do believe that that the christian Bookers protest in front of the R18 section ...waving placards... at  least once a week.
Report Spam   Logged

Shef
Senator
Shit-Hot Member

« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2009, 12:33:00 pm »

I do believe that that the christian Bookers protest in front of the R18 section ...waving placards... at  least once a week.

all wearing pious, smug expressions.

DIY bookers are the ones with band-aids and bandages, sports bookers are the ones in skimpy shorts, meaty thighs Tongue and groupies following them.
Report Spam   Logged

Brownie55
Global Moderator

« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2009, 05:57:51 pm »

I am having conversations with them at work.....  or else my cold is giving me hallucinations  :sick :sick
Report Spam   Logged

dragontamer
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2009, 06:44:13 pm »

Have you told D about these conversations?  He loves you having conversations behind his back. :sl

Perhaps you need to be talking to the natural health bookers?

I wondered about the confettii in front of the 'tear jerker' section last time I was there............... they were booker tissues weren't they.
Report Spam   Logged
Shef
Senator
Shit-Hot Member

« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2009, 09:45:12 pm »

:g!l
Report Spam   Logged

Brownie55
Global Moderator

« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2009, 11:21:46 pm »

LOL  so it is Dragon, I am always cleaning it up.

Yep Dean knows about the Bookers, he has been drawing them. 
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: