Xtra News Community 2
March 29, 2024, 04:36:21 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to Xtra News Community 2 — please also join our XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP.

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links BITEBACK! XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP Staff List Login Register  

microwave methods with illustration -

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: microwave methods with illustration -  (Read 714 times)
Nitpicker1
« on: March 12, 2009, 01:34:19 pm »

1  -   FLATFISH - UPDATE TO

Microvave Quickies
« on: 31-01-2009, 11:03:34

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
flounder or other flatfish

mate of mind showed me how, a day or two ago:

He laid the fish on a micro-safe dish, dark side up, still wet and slimy (as in just off the boat, but I guess supermarket flatties could be wet down first) and took a sheet of handytowel and sort of laid it over fish and fins, patted it down so the handytowell was stuck and bunged it in the micro for 3 minutes for my smallish one, 4 minutes for his bigger one.

He let them sit a wee while after timeup, then gently removed the handytowel complete with fins, head and skin.

With salt to taste and a knob of butter melted over, and a squeeze of lemon, ... Heaven!  

CLICK IMAGE FOR ACTION

The secret seems to be to have the paper towell well patted down onto the skin before cooking, even to the point of wetting it more. The paper dries out and retains it's strength, making skin removal easy.

I remove the head, 'cos I don't like the thought of the eyes popping! (TNKS MAGGOO at reply#7 on original thread!)
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Magoo
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2009, 05:23:49 pm »

And thanks back at you Nitpicker.   I have got this tip in the memory bank.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: